It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore: Hurricane Coming During GOP Convention 'Proof There Is a God in Heaven'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I posted these links on another thread, but I figured they might be of interest to some folks here too.

www.stormpulse.com...

www.maroonspoon.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Wow. You Neocons make me laugh.

First you were all happy and even PRAYING FOR THIS TO HAPPEN! You just wanted this to happen to Obama. Sorry, your prayers came a week late but still YOU PRAYED FOR THIS!

Next time don't pray for God to send a storm to kill people, ever. Even if the person you want to be destroyed is an evil black person who isn't a slave to Big Oil.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think Moore is just an experienced loudmouth (sort of like Rush), who isn't actually seriously concerned with the topics he covers, he just enjoys the attention and being the "rabble rouser." I suppose you need those sorts of folks, but I personally don't care for him.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I think Moore is just an experienced loudmouth (sort of like Rush), who isn't actually seriously concerned with the topics he covers, he just enjoys the attention and being the "rabble rouser." I suppose you need those sorts of folks, but I personally don't care for him.

All true, but I don't think Moore meant to disparage the potential victims
of Gustave.

I could be wrong but what I thought MM meant was that there is a certain
amount of poetic justice in that Gustave hit during the GOP convention and stole their thunder after their inaction of the GOP and the Bush administration during Katrina. "Good job Brownie"

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

It's called poetic justice.

? i live in florida. what's poetic about it and what did i do to mr. moore?

[edit on 30-8-2008 by undo]
You

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Moore's physique is proof there is a god at Carl's Jr. That guy is annoying, no matter what his political slant is.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
could it not also be proof that there is an antithesis to God; namely Lucifer/Satan/El Diablo?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Lack of compassion,are you serious Bush couldn't give a toss

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I love Michael Moore because he takes the fight to the system. However, he has shot his mouth off far too wrecklessly this time.

It is one thing to expose these criminals for what they are, but quite another to hope for a catastrophic loss of life and infastructure to illustrate their criminality. His words in this instance make him no better than those he despises.

I am not ready to jump on the hate Michael Moore bandwagon yet though. I'm sure that once he realized the gravity of what he had said he regretted saying it. I know I would. But I also know that people say wreckless things all the time. Bad move, move on.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
why are you assuming innocent people are going to die?

visit drudgereport right now

"residents being ORDERED out"

they're making them leave

why do you take the morbid path when it comes to the innocent people?

Nobody ever said anyone was going to die......

That's exactly what they do, ... They can say that God is punishing us for allowing "the queers" to live, or pray for "biblical" rains...

Biblical RAINS.. sure they try to phrase it afterwards by saying .. "ooo dont let anyone get hurt, cause us Christians never would want anyone to die, especially if they have taken the LORD into their precious hearts... Go ahead and take those Jews and Muslims if you want em LORD!" ---

However... BIBLICAL rains are not tiny events... It is like saying you want a 200 mile meteor to impact the earth... but you don't anyone to get hurt.

Its called HYPOCRISY...

The weak are rife with it...

It is easier said then done... but not much harder to try and not walk the earth in that way.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Although what Michael Moore said was deplorable, I'm much more concerned about the former CHAIRMAN of the DNC basically saying the same thing. Moore represents no one but himself, and most people realize what a jerk he is, but as former Chairman of the Democratic National Committee, Fowler SPOKE for the Democratic party.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavageHenry
Its called HYPOCRISY...

The weak are rife with it...

Yes, Hank, the weak ARE rife with hypocrisy.

The hypocrisy of claiming they stand for fighting for poor blacks in the inner city, and then laughing with delight when their city is about to be devastated by a hurricane....

All because they think that the hurricane is going to help them politically.

It's truly sick and disgusting.

But I'm not sure what's worse. Their sick and disgusting behavior or their mind-numb followers rationalizing and defending them.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
As a liberal, this is where I have a problem with other more staunch liberals as much as I do with staunch conservatives that think we should be fighting a holy war against Islam, or interfering in affairs that have little to no benefit for the American people. Micheal Moore is woven from that same cloth..The Party hardliners that have hijacked this country, from left to right, without ever concerning themselves with what the American people really think.

This is the kind of discourse that separates a country that desperately needs to find a common ground before moving on to the next chapter of our history.
While I appreciate his documentaries, and some of his points of view, I do not appreciate this. This is thoughtless and a symptom of a larger disease that permeates in this country....the idea that somehow it is us against them..When we should be just US. as in the U.S.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

The Party hardliners that have hijacked this country, from left to right, without ever concerning themselves with what the American people really think.

I wholeheartedly agree. What concerns me is that neither party seems to be concentrating on the real issues, and the MSM on both sides loves it. They would rather talk about Paris Hilton, Brittany Spears, etc, and who they support, than talking about health care, war, budget, etc.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I agree. I'd love to see the Media talk about our energy needs in more than just 15 second sound bites. I would love to see the dissection of both candidates plans ranging from Energy to Economy. And yet, nothing...Not a word...We're focused on what suit the next president will wear on his first day in Office, rather than concerning ourselves with what he will DO his first day in office.

This political system(if you can even call it that) is so broken that I don't know that it can ever be fixed.

Making a huge election about little things will never make us more aware or safer, or economically sound. Sometimes I wonder if it is, indeed, America I live in.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I totally agree with you.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

YEA!, YEA!, YEA!, massive destruction for millions of American families during my political opponents convention! Great News!

Once again these lunatic left wing mouthpieces display their typical lack of compassion for the thousands, if not millions, of people who will have their lives destroyed by this encroaching monster storm. What the hell is wrong with this fat, overfed, over privileged piece of crap? At a time like this the country ought to be coming together as one, not further dividing on the basis that the disaster will happen during the Republican Convention. It’s jackasses like this are behind the fall of this great nation. Absolutely disgusting!

www.businessandmedia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

Ironic thing is: Right wingers love destroying thousands of lives for Oil profit.

YAY....

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

we need to tap into our own oil reserves. we need to quit starving half the nation with exorbitant oil prices that price them right out of a job. we need to use the money we make and save from tapping our own resources, to change the nation to alternative energy sources. we're the only country on the planet, that refuses to use its own resources for the benefit of its own people.

it's very odd.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yeah, I honestly think Michael Moore has gone too far with his ideology. I don't really support him, and always have thought he was just another nutjob, maybe a level below Alex Jones in the crazy department. That being said, his documentaries are extremely informative and shot from a perspective that gives you a look from the other side of the Apple Pie, Red White and Blue, Eagle loving perspective, whether you choose to believe his message or not. This comment though is just out of line.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Why does no one understand we are in a weather warfare with Russia. The US and Russia have been doing weather modification for years. Yes, we have natural disasters. But now we have this to contend with.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join