It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore: Hurricane Coming During GOP Convention 'Proof There Is a God in Heaven'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Michael Moore's comment does prove one thing--"God is in control and he is neither democrat or republican. We are about to see an absolute repeat of Katrina with the exception-- hopefully-- of the huge loss of human life. The insatiably inane and corrupt politicians of Louisian have wreckelssly squandered the money they were given by the Fed in terms of kickbacks and payoffs to inept construction contracters who rebuilt the levess to the same standard; sub-standard specifications used in the 1950's. I think it is time we get the message from Mother Nature if New Orleans takes another direct hit. Abandon the city, dismantle it, restore the wetlands to nature and rebuild a new New Orleans 25-30 miles inland. It will not be the first time mankind has had to abandon a city. Think of Chernoybal, Troy, Ur, etc.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

You do know that Katrina and any hurricane or even an earthquake is the responsibility of the local Governor in the state first and not the federal government...?

I admit that FEMA failed during Katrina but come on to blame the govt for everything is silly... and to directly blame Bush is even sillier...you really think he directly is involved with logistics...?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Redhead6971

hey, can you give me info on the rebuilding of ur, in a u2u?
thanks

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper

marine....I don't really know the chain of command, involved, as in the case of Katrina, for instance.

I THOUGHT it involved the local authorities appealing to the Feds...that would be...ummmm....errrr....FEMA???

So, who dropped the ball, three years ago??? We all want to know.

("Heckuva job, Brownie!!")

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

locals followed by slow response from feds, followed by more slow responses from locals, followed by feds. back and forth. no one was prepared for it. probably alot of arguing over who's jurisdiction and proper procedure, so folks didn't lose their jobs afterwards. the fed, state and locals, were as unprepared as the people. i wonder, has a hurricane ever breached the levees of new orleans before katrina?

look at what happened to that base in south florida,when a hurricane slammed into it and wiped out the entire thing! including surrounding neighborhoods and towns further inland as it moved across the state. no one was prepared. i don't think they ever are.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I moved to the Gulf coast several years ago and was informed very quickly.

If your told to evacuate, you do so, otherwise you could potentially be on your own for 3 days or more.

It seems to me if it was all the Governments fault the first time around, why is everbody listening to the government this time around and actually evacuating?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

i can imagine it was a jurisdictional nightmare. who has authority to do what, when, where and why, cause you know the law suits would start flinging wild and wooly after the disaster had passed.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You guys all realize that this is EXACTLY WHAT THE REPUBLICANS PRAYED TO GOD FOR! They just wanted it to happen during the DNC.

So, hypocrits, get over it. YOU PRAYED FOR THIS! Your God just messed up on the timing. You know if this happened during the DNC you'd be celebrating about "All dem darkies gonna die yeehaw!"

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

can you provide evidence that any of the elected repubs prayed for that? i'd like to see that, so i can gauge the extent of the problem. i know a focus on the family guy prayed for rain at the dnc, not a hurricane at the rnc, but he's not an elected repub is he? i didn't do much investigation on that.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by undo]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Ummmmm.....there WAS a conservative Right-Wing mouthpiece 'preacher' who wished his followers would"pray for rain" on Obama's stadium....since it was an 'open-air' stadium.....

Funny how the 'prayers' went so wrong????

AND.....to all of our members in the path of Gustav.....we feel for you, and hope that THIS TIME....the bush admin will try to help....but, after their last track record.....fend for yourselves!!!!!!

Uhhh...

Do you notice a difference between rain and a category 5 hurricane decimating a city?

Praying for rain to ruin a speech: zero people hurt.

Praying for a hurricane to decimate a city to throw off the RNC: thousands if not millions hurt, hundreds of millions footing the bill.

A rainstorm doesn't equal a category 5 hurricane. But you wouldn't be a liberal if you didn't acknowledge reality.

And BTW, what preacher was that?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Well maybe God wants Barack Obama in the White House. I think it could be very possible, and if you think your in control of the situation think again. It is all destiny ordained by God and that is that.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Actually, he's right. The damage being done by a storm like this is nowhere near what the corpo-fascists are doing ... thereby morally, he is not off the wall as it seems, even though he should have known to only say something quirky like this in private. The situation with the government is a much bigger emergency, but the flagwavers don't get it. Now let's gawk at how God is clearly sending a message - it's the anniversary of Katrina and the RNC is starting. We didn't do what we were supposed to do following Katrina and now here we go again.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
To start off, I hate Michael Moore, I wish somebody would just point a .50 at his head, and "accidentally" squeeze the trigger. Then again, not, he would get too much publicity, probably become a "Martyr". So, I will agree with a previous post, he should be kidded out of the USA, his citizenship revoked, and a declaration of Persona Non Grata be marked, with a really hot metal plate, on his forehead.

Having said that, if anybody gets hurt in New Orleans, or any property gets damaged, the blame should not be attributed to some god, any other imaginary adult friend, Michael Moore, nature etc.

The blame is totally on the Bush Administration, and it's 3 years of criminal neglect, of the Louisiana coast, and of New Orleans, in particular. What do these people think they are running, Bangladesh?

They acted negligently, at best, before Katrina, against the opinions, not only of the meteorological centers, in the Golf States, but of the Army Engineering Corps. They acted criminally, after Katrina, and, in my opinion, should be prosecuted. Again, they ignored all recommendations, from the various experts involved. They did not rebuild the Gulf coast marsh islands, that would brake waves and currents; they built a complex of levies, that even the Army considers substandard; they failed to build a secure system of dams, that would avoid the sea currents traveling up the Mississippi, and overflowing the lakes around NO.

And think that, it would only take what they spend during five days of war to make New Orleans totally flood-proof.

Michael Moore may be a moron, and an unpatriotic bastard, but his intended, poorly judged irony, never killed a person, nor will it ever...

The Bush Administration, through it's neglect, total lack of judgment, total lack of decency, and misguided spending, has cost thousands of lives, in New Orleans. But, we should not only remember the dead, we should remember the ones, still alive, that, not only had their lives destroyed, but, worst, saw a Machiavellian Plan unfolding, that kept them from rebuilding, and from looking into the future, with the slightest hope.
Ninety percent of the rebuilding, in New Orleans, is due to volunteers, not to FEMA, Bush, or any other national and regional organizations...

*The Bush Administration, was warned of an eminent disaster, they chose to ignore it.
*They where advised on out to rebuild New Orleans, they choose not to.
*They where told how to prevent a future disaster, they ignored the plans, and only freed enough funds for provisional, inadequate solutions.

While the words of Michael Moore are pure lunacy, of a man that has obviously gone insane, the actions of the Bush Administration, in what regards the Gulf Coast, are criminal. Any blood, property loss, destroyed lives, will be on their hands. Or, has it all been just about some property deal? Are they waiting for the "undesirable" elements (poor Blacks), to just give up, so that they, or some lobbies, can redevelop New Orleans, to suit a more "acceptable" (rich) clientèle?

Either way, a full investigation should be conducted, and these criminal acts should not go unpunished. Of course, any agency with the ability to conduct such an investigation, is too busy chasing ghosts...(I'm talking to you, FBI)

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthWolfe CND

I'm sorry Northwolfe.....despite what you think of the man....to EVER suggest that he deserves a bullet in the brain.....well, that is just disgusting.

CAnnot say any more, can I????

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

And as a Democrat you should have the intelligence to check if Moore's words were taken out of context, which they were.

Oh. I definitely read his comments on his own web site. But as a democrat, I do not follow Michael Moore, nor do I necessarily agree with his views.

Maybe to Mr. Moore, his comments were made in jest, but personally, I don't find them funny at all. Just because James Dobson prayed for it to rain on Obama's DNC, doesn't make it right to sink that same level of petty behavior.

There's something called "tact", and Mr. Moore needs it. It is glaringly obvious that this hurricane happens to coincide with the 3rd anniversary of Katrina, and the week of the Rupublican convention, but I don't particularly see how that's some kind of a PWN on Bush and Co. from God, and I don't appreciate Mr. Moore eluding to that silly idea. It's nearly insulting as far as I'm concerned to bring God into his "joke".

As many have stated already in this thread, people have died already as a result of this storm. Maybe I'm just odd, but I'm not feeling light hearted about anything this week.

And, since you have made a comment in regards to my intelligence, let me assure you that I don't gather all my news here. Thank you.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Asherah]

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Asherah]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Your Outrage is so transparent...

You are some of the biggest fakes in creation...

[edit on 1-9-2008 by SavageHenry]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
God is funny...

The Proof is how the prayers for "Biblical" rains at Obamas speech were unanswered..

Then Hurricanes come right before the RNC... and just as Ol 894 was GEARING up to be the HERO of this natural disaster--- God pulled the punch and now the storm is virtually nothing...

And certainly nothing that the Repiglickens can use to EXPLOIT... as they do with everything...

(no one was going to Die in NEW ORLEANS this due to being abandoned, if you said that.. Yes.. you are stupid, You are even more tragically stupid if you said anyone on the LEFT wished, prayed, chanted for this to happen.)

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
OK people, it’s time for a major reality check for a lot of you. ALL of these hurricane "natural" disasters are man-made.

Go here weatherwars.info... to learn how they are engineering these hurricanes . Go to any national or geo-political website if you want to know WHY they are doing it : CHAOS, absolute political CHAOS is the why !

It's time for a reality check, and high time some of you people begin exiting the denial stage. Time to grow up and except that it is, indeed happening. Everything that those people you labeled “conspiracy theorists“ were telling you is coming to pass now. Those "nutcases" were trying to help you people.

The so-called "natural" disaster named GUSTAV was engineered. So was Katrina, and Andrew more than a decade before that. The earthquake in China last May, the earthquake in Indonesia that caused the tsunami, they were man-made UN-natural disasters, just like the AIDS virus. And, yes, HANNA is as well. Geeze fer Christ sake open your eyes! Look at the satellite imagery! Look at the infrared and visible satellite imagery! It’s on every TV station you turn to. Don’t you see it? If you cannot see it, ask yourself why you can’t. Don't you ever look up at the sky anymore? The signs are so obvious Ray Charles could see it, and he’s blind AND he’s dead. So what is your excuse for not allowing yourself to see the obvious signs of weather engineering that are staring you right in the face, plastered all over the news channels, and right in you face above your head every day, all day long? Why is it you refuse to see what they are hiding in plain view all over the media and in the sky above? It’s because you are in a state of absolute denial. The fact that you simply may not be able to comprehend or handle the WHY, why they are engineering these hurricanes does not absolve you of your responsibility to understand that they are, in fact doing it. These hurricanes are a prelude to the next phases which are

An engineered Total Collapse of the U.S. dollar
An engineered Total Collapse of the U.S. Capital markets and banking system
An engineered global bio-pandemic (probably the avian flu)
An engineered magnitude +8.0 earthquake in the U.S. (likely San Francisco)

And these events are just preludes, kind of like appetizers before the main dish. Are you ready for these delectable entrée’s? Here’s the main course:

Engineered chaos as pretext to invoke martial law in the U.S.
Dissolution of U.S., Mexico and Canada.
Establishment of the NAU - North American Union (new currency is the Amero)
Foreign troops enforcing martial law on U.S. streets
FEMA trains to ship non-cooperatives and resisters to the FEMA camps
Mass extermination of 180-250 million American Citizens
Dissolution of the NAU - Establishment of the Illuminati’s NWO - New World Order

All this is slated to happen in the next 3 ½ years, so buckle your seatbelts. Its gonna be a real bumpy ride for a lot of you who simply cannot allow the truth that is staring you in the face to be true.

IT IS TRUE. SO GROW UP !!

STOP ACTING LIKE A PETULENT CHILD AND ACCEPT WHAT IS HAPPENING TO YOU !!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

yeah, he may be an irritant from time to time, but just because you disagree with him is not sufficient cause to shoot him. for 200 years we've managed to get along without shooting people we disagree with politically or whatever (well, most of the time, anyway). he's said things in the past i agreed with and disagreed with. like he wasn't for nafta, and neither am i. i agreed with him on that point.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Noooooo...he still has about 12 States that aren't third world worthy...

Until he can downgrade those unpatriotic, rich, States, I suggest keeping him right where he his...

The challenge being: given four more years, can the "shrubs" manage to take the USA to the level of development, being shown by countries like Bangladesh, Ethiopia and the likes......?

I know it's tough, but I'm sure they are capable of succeeding...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join