It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore: Hurricane Coming During GOP Convention 'Proof There Is a God in Heaven'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

So he should lie, or should he just not say anything at all? The truth is, I've heard a lot worse come out of a fox news anchor's mouth daily.
Thing is, while I'm sure Micheal here is just joking, most of the fox crew are dead serious.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

It's called poetic justice.

? i live in florida. what's poetic about it and what did i do to mr. moore?

[edit on 30-8-2008 by undo]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
And the "should he lie or not say anything at all" question, I was referring to Savage Henry. He's tellin' it like it is...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
lol, thats right, bad things happen because homosexuals exist...

... and wood is comprised of Earth, Fire, Smoke, and Water, because thats what you get when it burns.

Anything that weighs less than a chicken will float...

and the clouds are shaped like animals because they ARE...

.... COME ON! How stupid are these people?!

lol. It amazes me just how moronic people can be.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I live on the Mississippi Gulf coast. I went through Katrina. Regardless of what you all heard from the media New Orleans had levee breeches. They had a flood. We had the hurricane. Out of 745 homes in my community on the east side of St. Louis Bay, 15 were left standing. We were prepared. Every spring TV in NO would broadcast what would happen if a storm like Katrina hit. First, you prepare yourselves. Then local and state resources should be ready. New Orleans blew it. It's much easier to do nothing and blame the feds. Did you hear whining from us? NO. We simply scraped up, cleaned up, and rebuilt. Any idiot that can afford a cell phone bill can afford approx. 300.00 a year for flood insurance. They have had YEARS to prepare and simply wanted someone else to take care of them. Yes, it can happen again, but thats the price you pay. Thank you for letting me vent. It is about time that personal responsibility become a character trait again.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SavageHenry

maybe we should start a thread where we post pictures of everyone that has a photo op with bush. the list includes a lot of dem's too. as for michael moore?
LET MIKEY TRY IT, HE HATES EVERYTHING!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

You have not done anything Mother nature did it to you that is beyond any body's power, but the way politicians act to help victims of natural disasters afer the disaster does it to you too.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Michael Moore is totally out of line with so many lives in jeopardy.

We are all humans and i'd like to think the most important thing right now is Gustav and our prayers-

We can catch up with the McCain Circus of inequity afterwards.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage
It’s jackasses like this are behind the fall of this great nation.

Wrong. It's jackasses like your leaders who no longer serve the people.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
last storm that came through, dumped so much water in our area, we had a production line to scoop all the water out of our porch before it came in our house. it was about an inch and a half from seeping over the door stoop into my daughter's bedroom. suffice it to say, we got the lead out and spent the next 6 hours wet vacuuming and bucket brigading out the water. it didn't do any damage to our house but everyone was in alot pain the next day (water is heavy after that many buckets for that long, non-stop).

a young teenage girl that was friends with one of our daughter's friends, died in that storm, when the water weakened the structure of their house and a two-by-four fell, whacked her in the head and killed her dead. that not only negatively impacted her family, but all her little friends.

a hurricane came through here a couple years ago that tore our fence out and we had to pay to replace it because insurance had a 5000 deductable on it. we were already struggling financially, so that just added to our burden. we can't afford for anyting to go wrong. we don't have a power generator and couldn't afford one anyway. we need the hurricane's to stay away from people or lands on which people live. preferably, i'd vote for no more hurricanes anywhere

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Sorry to hear that but the south is going to be hit by a series of storms or hurricanes this season all you have to do is check the ones that are coming in line after Gustav.

Best thing to do is to keep yourself and your family alive, healthy and united.

I know is hard in this day and time to replace goods but remember that lives are irreplaceable.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

we've been here for 15 years, so i'm very familar with hurricanes. we always evacuate when they tell us to. we have 2 dogs, so they end up going with us and that limits where we can stay. we'd move somewhere else but our options are limited, due to my health. cold climates or climates that get cold in the winter months, put me right in the hospita. so it's either here or one of the other warmer states and since his job is here, this is where we're at. it's a beautiful state, when it isn't being ravaged by storms

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Hey I live in Georgia and the weather is as nice, but I agree jobs are scarce and is not as pretty.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Bad taste. Yup.

But let me remind everyone that had the Bush administration not contributed so significantly to the Katrina fiasco, Micheal Moore would never have had the opportunity to make such a comment.

I think it hypocritical so many feign outrage at the moment, when just three years ago many of the same folks were all about "blame the individual" and the "self-reliance" crap, while people died or waited to die on their rooftops.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by loam]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

i'm pretty sure people in florida were not happy with the plight of the people from new orleans, nor wished it upon them, nor agreed with the slow response to the situation. one of those hurricanes knocked out our power and we didn't have any power for nearly 3 weeks.that's how long it took them to turn it back on, even with help from other power crews from other states. it was the middle of the summer, over 90 degrees farenheit with 100 percent humidity, people were dying, passing out, and ending up in hospitals that were so full, there was a shortage of beds.

no, i doubt the people from florida were thinking that the folks in new orleans deserved it. that's just propanda the press passes around to keep the people divided

[edit on 30-8-2008 by undo]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
if "god", is man made then moore is nothing more then a provacuter in the land of the free and god blessed ,

or did it bless usa at all, ..

this fellow could do so much more then just to utter basics ,.

ps. this time bush is ready...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
What an unAmerican thing to say. And clearly he meant it. Michael Moore wants Americans to die. He's a very bad man.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
Michael Moore wants Americans to die.

So much for denying ignorance...

"Certainly, I hope nobody gets hurt and I hope everybody is taking cover."

Were you too lazy to read the article or listen to the actual quote?

[edit on 30-8-2008 by loam]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
hmm, first off - i see nobody wishing harm on anyone in those statements

but they are of the FORMER head - and of a guy who nobody really knows

so - who gives a rip?

That'd be like me going on CNN and holding things you say about McCain against McCain on national TV

Nobody cares....at all...

BUT

Dont you find it just oh-so-awkward that a hurricane is hitting the same town during the convention of the SAME PEOPLE who ignored it the first time?

Is it God saying "here's another chance"

Could be

Is it God saying "You're going to reap what you have sewn"

Could be

But my guess is that God has nothing to do with it.
The republicans brought it on themselves

Karma can be such a bitch sometimes

[edit on 8/30/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

ps. this time bush is ready...

p.p.s.

Bush was ready last time

he just had better things to do.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>