It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore: Hurricane Coming During GOP Convention 'Proof There Is a God in Heaven'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

andrew,

why would karma kill innocent people to get back at bush?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Spectre0o0

Wow....

That is the second time I started a reply with that word.

I am not impressed with the drift wood selection in ATS at this time.

----

Perhaps your oh so shredding observation would have merit or a point if you knew what the images were actually of and what they ment...

You see .. silly prototypical human, The images are relevent to this conversation as they are what the worst US president in the history of this nation was doing during Katrina...

Him playing guitar.. and bringing Ol' 894- McCain the Pander Bear.. cake on his Birthday--

Once again... During Katrina, as levee's ruptured and citizens of our deeply wounded nation had their lives snuffed by our coastal waters. Very much like how that filthy degenerate right wing pimp Grover Norquest has engineered to "drown our Government into a tub" like he said he wanted to do oh so many years ago...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
why are you assuming innocent people are going to die?

visit drudgereport right now

"residents being ORDERED out"

they're making them leave

why do you take the morbid path when it comes to the innocent people?

Nobody ever said anyone was going to die......

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

elderly and disabled people, won't leave. people who have problems, such as financial or mental, won't or may not leave. someone always dies or is severely injured in these types of disasters. sometimes out of neglect, sometimes out of lack of knowledge, health issues or just sheer stubborness. that's why i say the whole thing needs to just go away. perhaps if we could all wish it to dematerialize, spin in place till it peters out or turns back and goes back out into the ocean, it would be better to save the lives of 10 people than to get revenge on the GOP. cause you know, they will be safe, but the poor people the disabled and the infirm, they will suffer.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

First off

i never wished for it to happen in the first place

second off - none of these people are saying they hope anyone dies

so stop putting words in their mouths

you're doing nobody any favors

...especially yourself

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Since when do people care what Michael Moore has to say?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

andrew,

why would karma kill innocent people to get back at bush?

Isn't it just amazing how left wingers keep bringing up Bush in reference to Katrina but always seem to forget that the liberal democrat governor Kathleen Blanco and the black liberal New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin never take a gram of flack for dropping the ball. Nope, liberals deserve none of the blame. It was all Bush!

Now, it seems, it's not just fat Moore that is happy that a hurricane is going to destroy American people, it's also the former National Chairman of the Democratic National Committee Don Fowler that has been caught on video tape. These scumbags deserve to be roasted over an open pit fire and feed to their hateful voter base.

edit to fix video link

[edit on 30-8-2008 by LiquidMirage]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

i'll let you out of this because frankly, as long as people can see the point i'm making, that's good enough for me.

one thing that is often overlooked is what happens when things of this magnitude kick into gear.

like wishing disaster on the USA because of what its leaders did or do, will not effect the leaders at all. just removes some of their responsibility. they are all prepared for disaster, with safe havens, billions in the bank and so on. only the poor people, the ones you actually are trying to defend, will suffer.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

well i'm a moderate. i really don't take a hard line on politics. i just listen real close and do alot of praying. i'd prefer if all our presidents were moderates. they seem more geared for office, from my perspective.
they deal with all the issues, and tend to be more fair handed ..unless they are just pretending to be moderate. that's why you have to pay attention to what they say, and not what the news tells you they said.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage
...the liberal democrat governor Kathleen Blanco and the black liberal New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin never take a gram of flack...

Nonsense.

They are responsible for most of the failures in advance of the storm. I have rarely heard it argued otherwise.

But their failure does not serve as an excuse for the failures that occurred AFTER the storm, when it was clear the local and state guys blew it.

it's not just fat Moore that is happy that a hurricane is going to destroy American people

Where is Moore happy the "hurricane is going to destroy American people"???

Oh, and your 'video tape' link doesn't work.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by loam]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

i remember the first time i watched moore. it was a film he did on what happened to the car industry in flint, michigan when ...was it clinton? signed the nafta agreement. it was so sad. i'm from michigan, so my heart really went out to those people, even though they weren't in the same city, i know that area is pretty harsh, and without a decent income, it's downright miserable.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Many people do care what he says and they should...that means you too. He is a well known public figure and has the ability to disseminate large volumes of propaganda to sway public opinion. The citizens should see exactly who he and the people he works for really are. Liberals try to play the compassion and tolerance cards all the time and, despite the lack of any evidence that they are tolerant or compassionate, people fall for it. Here you are seeing liberals in their true light in the wild unscripted and unedited! And despite the fact that this thread has nothing to do with Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, or Fallwell, I will also add that their negative and extreme remarks should be kept to themselves ass well.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

But their failure does not serve as an excuse for the failures that occurred AFTER the storm, when it was clear the local and state guys blew it.

So you admit that the local and state government blew it. Great, we agree! Thanks for the support.

Where is Moore happy the "hurricane is going to destroy American people"???

It is quite obvious that he is happy that the storm is going to hit during the time that the RNC convention is being held. If he wasn't happy he would have never brought it up. He would have said something to show his concern for the devestation that is about to occur. Instead he turned it into an opportunity to make a vile political statement. I just so happens that American families will be losing their homes and others will be dieing when that storm makes landfall!

Oh, and your 'video tape' link doesn't work.
[edit on 30-8-2008 by loam]

Thanks for the heads up. It's fixed now and just for your convenience, here it is again.

Video

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

And despite the fact that this thread has nothing to do with Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, or Fallwell, I will also add that their negative and extreme remarks should be kept to themselves ass well.

but you just said.....

it's also the former National Chairman of the Democratic National Committee Don Fowler that has been caught on video tape. These scumbags deserve to be roasted over an open pit fire and feed to their hateful voter base.

You're a piece of work, you know that!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Many people do care what he says and they should...that means you too. He is a well known public figure and has the ability to disseminate large volumes of propaganda to sway public opinion. The citizens should see exactly who he and the people he works for really are. Liberals try to play the compassion and tolerance cards all the time and, despite the lack of any evidence that they are tolerant or compassionate, people fall for it. Here you are seeing liberals in their true light in the wild unscripted and unedited! And despite the fact that this thread has nothing to do with Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, or Fallwell, I will also add that their negative and extreme remarks should be kept to themselves ass well.

I know this, what I'm implying is the vast majority of people don't give 2 squirts of goat piss what he has to say. It goes in one ear, causes the eyes to roll, and exits the other in a matter of seconds.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I think this is honestly one of the sickest threads I have read on this site since I started reading nearly 4 years ago........it's stuff like this that causes me to think about humanity and how hateful we've become.

1. We've stooped to the point where we disregard others around us and care more about our wealth and stuff than we do living and breathing people.
2. We say things like, "we have a right to say this because the other people said this even though it's the sickest and most twisted thing anyone could ever say". "Hurricane Gustav is poetic justice for Democrats".
3. Using natural disasters for political gain.
4. Arguing if using natural disasters for political gain is ok.........since the other side did it with Katrina.........

I want everyone to take a step back and look how purely 'SICK" these types of arguments are. I'm literally in anguish right now because of how disgusting these posts I'm reading are.

I was literally on the verge of weeping nearly 15 minutes ago when I started reading articles of how terrible Gustav is going to be. I was thinking of the people who are in no shape to travel. I'm thinking of those who lose their homes. I'm thinking of the pain people will feel as their lives literally come crashing down around them............then I log on here and I see arguments about the above mentioned issues..............SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Bugman82]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of the Republican Party myself either, but I think that it's a bit in poor taste to make light of the potentially category 5 hurricane that seems to be bearing down on the Louisiana coast.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Ummm, hey...everyone? I think the dude was making a little joke.

“I was just thinking, this Gustav is proof that there is a God in heaven,” Moore said, laughing. “To have it planned at the same time – that it would actually be on its way to New Orleans for day one of the Republican Convention, up in the Twin Cities – at the top of the Mississippi River.”

Laughing. Ha ha. Get over it.

If you don't have a sense of humor, no wonder you are bound to that silly right vs left dichotomy. Hint: its a joke too, two sides of the same coin.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well good for Michael he nailed once again.

And for the destruction in Louisiana, get over it, a hurricane is a force of nature and destruction is its path, After Gustav Hanna will follow.

Deny ignorance people.

Here is what Moore said:

"“I was just thinking, this Gustav is proof that there is a God in heaven,” Moore said, laughing. “To have it planned at the same time – that it would actually be on its way to New Orleans for day one of the Republican Convention, up in the Twin Cities – at the top of the Mississippi River.”

I am seriously having a hard time trying to understand what type of warped and twisted thinking could conclude that Michael Moore "nailed it" because he is happy another Category 5 hurricane is about to hit New Orleans.

And you have the audacity to conclude your comment with "Deny Ignorance"?

Good for Michael Moore because he's laughing about the people of New Orleans suffering?

Before the liberals used to at least fake like they cared about poor blacks. But when Moore makes comments like he did, and when people like you think he nailed it, it sort of comes across like you really don't care about people suffering.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Sure, freedom is dying, economy is dying, peace is dying and more importantly people are dying, but the sense of humor died first. And it seems to have been dead a long time.

Get over this. It was a joke.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join