It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore: Hurricane Coming During GOP Convention 'Proof There Is a God in Heaven'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
If God is paying THAT much attention to the world how come Moore hasn't lost his voice yet?

There were tornados right before the DNC! Was that a sign or what Mr. Moore?

It's the season for these kind of things and with that even extremely out of shape people tend to at least run their mouths this time of year too.

How's that CUBA holding up for their charitable free health care that God should commend, according to you?

DOLT!

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Atlantican]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
For anyone who actually cares about the people that live between Gustav and Hanna with Invest close behind....

You can track them live here

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

Gustav
www.ssd.noaa.gov...

Hanna
www.ssd.noaa.gov...

Invest
www.ssd.noaa.gov...

What happened a few minutes ago was weird as the Beast formed to Devour the Keys...

Its live right right now but will refresh later so I did a screen capture as well

Live
www.goes.noaa.gov...

Hanna with a Mean Streak

This is going to be a triple whammy...

Anyone wishing this one ANYONE needs to be transported right into the heart of it

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

My exact reply to your excellent post, and your thread....and your point is this:

I actually think Michael Moore was being sarcastic.

Sarcasm, in the hands of amateurs (like me) is dangerous. On a forum like this, it can be deadly. Writing sarcasm is much, much harder than saying it.....and that's hard enough without coming off as a complete donkey (or worse).

I'm not in defense of the guy here....I'm just saying sometimes you step on a rake, and get hit in the nose....that's all.

EDIT...but, I've already pointed out on a thread related to Gustav....it tears my heart out to see this, only three years after Katrina. Once, in my lifetime, is enough.

[edit on 8/31/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Mr. Moore is a moron. A very low grade moron.
These are the comments we get when people care more about left or right, and forget about whats right or wrong.
Just to help some of you remember, the delay in Federal disaster relief follwing Katrina was due to state and local authorities neglecting to ask for it. The Feds are forbidden by law to go into a state without being asked, provided martial law hasn't been declared. I can hear the howls now if Bush had taken that step
I live on Floridas gulf coast, and everybody I know takes these storms very seriously.
Katrina was 3 years ago.The finger pointing and Moday morniing quarterbaking should stop.
It seems the N.O. authorities are doing the right thing this time, so maybe those people didn't die for nothing.
Oh well, at least nobody has brought up global warming......
yet.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrGrieves
Sure, freedom is dying, economy is dying, peace is dying and more importantly people are dying, but the sense of humor died first. And it seems to have been dead a long time.

Get over this. It was a joke.

It's not the sense of humor that died first, it's a sense of decency.

Whether it's a joke or not, it provides a clear vision into Moore's (and a lot of other libs) mentality. They are more concerned with winning points against their political enemies than they are with the people they profess to care about.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage
Hurricane Coming During GOP Convention 'Proof There Is a God in Heaven'

Am I missing something here? I thought the GOP shindig was in Saint Paul, Minneapolis September 1-4, 2008

The hurricane, just reported on the news a few minutes ago expected to bigger that Katrina is head for New Orleans... They are loading buses now and will begin evacuation in the morning

So how will this storm effect the GOP?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Gustav, Hanna, Invest and other formations off the African coast... Looks like Gore can say he not only created the internet but also predicted these storms too, cause lord knows he's been warning us all week right? NOT!

Let this be a warning to all residents of the areas... Al Gore is going to film a unicef like commercial as well as a sequel using you as his 'say no more' images of global warming victims. The man will be category-5-gum-flapping and picking up the coins in its wake. I expect he'll make sure to get footage of his bus being the only one going in to the area while the other buses are leaving for that "look at me work" shot like the laptop on the plane in his last visual drama. I wonder if he has practiced his intensely concerned look any more, adding a few crows feet for effect.

They should have just given Gustav the name GORE instead as this one is surely his. He'll be renovating and adding another 10,000 sq feet after all this footage he collects.

And just for kicks: It would be cool if Hanna reached Montana!!! Get it?

(Back to bed for me!)
Uhm... INVEST????????????? What kind of name is that??????

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Atlantican]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

i lost my sense of humor on this hurricane scenario the moment it showed up on a radar that i could see. going to montana isn't any funnier than going to new orleans, maybe worse, since there's alot more people involved.

i know you said it for effect, but so did they. and it still isn't any better when you say it. if you just said that to get another 3 pages of argument, i'll send you my bill for the new bottle of ibuprofen i buy, since i'm in the path of these damnable things and don't think it's even remotely funny. i suppose it's better to laugh than cry, but the rule is to make fun of your own misfortune, not someone else's.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Let me get this straight, after Bush's response to Katrina you are seriously going to talk about having "compassion for the thousands that will have their lives destroyed by a monster storm"????? You republipukes make me sick. Michael Moore makes a joke, you jump all over him. Your RETARD for a president does nothing to help the thousands of Katrina victims and you put him on a pedestal as one of America's greatest presidents. If the democrats run a monkey in the next election I will vote for the monkey. Simply by chance the monkey will be right 50% of the time and that is a much better record for success than the republicans have shown us in the last 20+ years. By the way, I used to vote for the best candidate regardless of their party, NEVER AGAIN.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
As a democrat, I am disgusted with Mr. Moore's comment. No. I'm ashamed. This man does not speak for me.

My heart and prayers goes out to all of the people affected by this storm.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
thousands of people wont die, cmon you guys are ridiculous

maybe like 2 or 3 people will die At worst

talk about sensationalism lol

oh who cares what Moore said? apparently all of you did actually care

otherwise you wouldnt be talking about it for so long

wow moore played yall so easily - man publicity is easy to get these days

Moore is a genious - he just got all of you talking about him, "even bad publicity is publicity" as they say

if you really dislike his antics, dont even post about it and give him so much attention

[edit on 31-8-2008 by muzzleflash]

correction, if indeed this is a triple hurricane, omg we might see 100deaths

but thousands is still overdoing it guys cmon thats sensationalist

[edit on 31-8-2008 by muzzleflash]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
thousands of people wont die, cmon you guys are ridiculous

maybe like 2 or 3 people will die At worst

talk about sensationalism lol

LOL? Michael Moore is really a sick bastard. And you laugh out loud at this tragedy. What does that make you?

Just to enlighten you and lift your veil of ignorance, 59 people have already been killed, genius.

"KINGSTON (AFP) — Tropical Storm Gustav battered Jamaica on Friday, dumping rain and ripping roofs off homes and threatened to grow into a hurricane after leaving 59 people dead in Haiti and the Dominican Republic."

And you really think Moore should be commended for using people getting killed for PR?

Moore, and those who think using people's lives being devastated by a hurricane for PR is a good idea, are an embarrassment to humanity.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

jamie.....I actually share your concern for anyone who may be affected by this current hurricane, or the one behind it.....which could inflict a double-whammy.

I am reminded, though....of past statements by the likes of Pat Robertson, for instance....and he was NOT being ironic...that 9/11 was the 'fault' of some sort of 'evil' in our Nation.

Now, THAT was sick!

EDIT....I actually recorded the Michael Moore interview, on MSNBC...am reviewing it now.

He points out how three years ago Aug 29, 2005, it was John McCain's birthday....and he and GWB were sharing a cake....he went on to say, although Marie Antoinnette never actally said 'let them eat cake' she spoke figuratively....and displayed a general distain for the plight of those 'beneath' her.

See?? This is the point....not about the vicitms in New Orleans....but about the 'disdain' that leaders show to those victims.

Please, stop blaming the messenger!!!!

Out of context (and I'm not defending the guy) Michael Moore's comments can be mis-contrued. As I pointed out, hopefully on this thread....a sarcastic comment can be spread around....oh, dear! Sounds like I'm suddenly defending the guy!!!

I'm NOT trying to defend Michael Moore!! Let me be clear....I just wish to point out how an 'off-the-cuff' comment, maybe meant to be sarcastic, can turn into a nightmare scenario!

Like....GWB didn't let a few fly!!! "Heckuva job, Brownie"....just for instance....(and HE wasn't being sarcastic!)

[edit on 8/31/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

I'm not ashamed. He said something he thougt. So what. The huricane will happen if he said it or if he didn't. I actually had a conversation with someone today about this very same thing. I told him it's terrible what is about to happen, and even though nobody is going to watch the stupid gop convention on labor day, this huricane is just going to distract from it even more and it's a god send....Oh My God....did I just side with Michael More? Oh my God!!! Ding Ding Ding!!!!!!

Some of you folks need to lighten up. Reality isn't what you read on ATS.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

YEA!, YEA!, YEA!, massive destruction for millions of American families during my political opponents convention! Great News!

Once again these lunatic left wing mouthpieces display their typical lack of compassion for the thousands, if not millions, of people who will have their lives destroyed by this encroaching monster storm. What the hell is wrong with this fat, overfed, over privileged piece of crap? At a time like this the country ought to be coming together as one, not further dividing on the basis that the disaster will happen during the Republican Convention. It’s jackasses like this are behind the fall of this great nation. Absolutely disgusting!

www.businessandmedia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

If you actually took time to watch Countdown, you'd see that his quote was taken grossly out of context, and it was exacerbated by your inexplicable hate of liberals, shame on you.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I don't think Michael Moore is that much into seeing people die; he did do a movie called "Sicko" that was trying to help people that don't have health insurance. Plus there are his other movies that he did to show the corruption in the Bush Administration.

I think he meant it more symbolically that the Republican storm that has lasted for eight years has torn up our country and the metaphor is showing up right as their convention is starting. The point is we need change and the Republicans are starting a new storm.

Also the fact that the Republicans may use their convention to raise money for victims of the storm might be a political plowe that they are going to try to use to their advantage. Republicans are sneeky like that. They want to be seen as the saviors of the U.S. after the Bush Administration screwed up helping with Katrina. The Republicans will take what ever advantage they can to win this election, even patronizing people affected by a hurricane.

Down with the Conservative Reich!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
As a democrat, I am disgusted with Mr. Moore's comment. No. I'm ashamed. This man does not speak for me.

My heart and prayers goes out to all of the people affected by this storm.

And as a Democrat you should have the intelligence to check if Moore's words were taken out of context, which they were.

Michael Moore on Countdown with Keith Olbermann

Take 5 minutes to listen to the guy before jumping the gun.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

His comments are in really bad taste... Is this his idea of political humor? Someone needs to bitchslap his fat ass.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_

His comments are in really bad taste... Is this his idea of political humor? Someone needs to bitchslap his fat ass.

Ok, I accidently posted this in the New Orleans evac thread, but I'm blessing y'all with it here, where it belongs...

"I think it's safe to say that Moore was referring to the irony of the impending orgy of GOP back-slapping being interupted by another mother of all storms. I submit this link to his site, where he brings back the note he wrote in the wake of Katrina: michaelmoore.com...
Let's put aside the partisan squealing and pray for all those in the path of the storm. I'm sure Moore is, too. "

Today he's posted a new one, and it bears reading as far as this thread goes: michaelmoore.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join