It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin vs. Obama... Who Has More Experience?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Why would he be allowed to be a state senator or in the federal senate if he had turned in his 'actual' birth certificate that showed him to not be a citizen? Its one giant conspiracy, that started back in the mid 90s to get Obama as president in 2008

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by iamcamouflage

You are quite the detective to solve the mystery that fooled the Illinois govt and the federal govt.

I'm guessing the .jpg file he have to the DailyKos wasn't the same thing that was turned into the Federal government.

Of course that's just a guess.

The .jpg looks exactly the same as the one that FactCheck.org got to hold in their hands, what the hell are you talking about.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by davion]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by davion

obama's 3 years of us senate experience? showed up only 150 days in that 3 years.
my observations: i worked for the feds for 35 years alongside many others that showed up for work but did as little as they could get away with not doing-----their work experience made them as good as useless.
they were good talkers-----could talk their way out of doing useful work.
they were just there socializing the days away while the rest of us carried their load for them.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
The answer to the OP question is obvious, straightforward, and undeniable.

Barack Obama clearly and irrefutably has more experience running the United States into the ground. When it comes to failing to put a check on a ruinous Presidency and failing to bring change to the direction our country is headed in, Obama's experience far outweighs that of Sarah Palin.

Obama's experience as a career politician, and his proven track record of being able to create meaningless buzzwords are leagues above anything Palin has demonstrated during her short history of actually making a difference and helping the people who elected her

[edit on 31-8-2008 by mattifikation]

Hello! The Republicans had the majority from 1992 -2006. They are the ones who were supposed to keep bush in check. Wake up! I will post this again and ask anyone to explain to me how the Republicans are not responsible for the current state of affairs in this country:

Majority in congress- 1992-2006
Republican President- 20 of the last 28 years

How does the current democratic congress accomplish anything when the president vetos anything that doesnt tow the party line and the Dems do not have a large enough majority to override that veto.

Bush vetoed 1 bill in the first 6 years in office while Republicans had majority. He has vetoed 9 bills since the Democrats have taken majority.

Please anyone explain to me how it is reasonable to accuse the Democrats for anything that is going on in this country.

Anyone have a response to this? How do the Democrats get the blame for the current state of this country? I just find it interesting how all the Republicans can sit here and blame the Democrats until they realize they have been the majority for way to long to place blame on anyone but themselves. How come none of the major issues in this country were delbt with by the Republican congress who had 6 years to pass any legislation they wanted. They had a Republican president that had lost his veto pen, they could have done anything they wanted to stop the oil speculation, they could have drilled offshore if they wanted to. All the things that McCain is saying he will do to fix things, could have been done and they chose not to.

Please, please, please, someone try to explain to me and everyone else how the Democrats are to blame for any problems in this country right now.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by davion
The .jpg looks exactly the same as the one that FactCheck.org got to hold in their hands, what the hell are you talking about.

I'm talking about the difference between getting to hold a document in one's hand vs. viewing a compressed .jpg online. The multiple jpgs that were released by Obama, on his own site and a different one on Kos, and yet a different uncropped jpg to another news site, are not the same as the real document.

And I never claimed that Obama wasn't born in the U.S., or wasn't a citizen. I raised questions about the *possibility* that the jpegs were doctored, and why they might have been. This is a conspiracy site, remember?

On the other hand, Obama followers were content to take him at his word.

Back on topic, this has nothing to do with the fact that Gov. Palin's experience is at least comparable to Obama's 4 years as a U.S. Senator. And more importantly, McCain's 23 years as a Naval officer and 26 years in the U.S. Senate DWARF the experience of either Obama or Biden.

So if the issue is experience, the Republican have substantially more and varied experiences than the Dems. It's not even close.

Experience IN the military.
Experience in the executive branch.
Experience in the legislative branch.

This is why the Obama camp immediately stopped going after Gov. Palin on her experience. They know they will lose the battle over who has more experience because Barry O. himself is a neophyte.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by davion

obama's 3 years of us senate experience? showed up only 150 days in that 3 years.
my observations: i worked for the feds for 35 years alongside many others that showed up for work but did as little as they could get away with not doing-----their work experience made them as good as useless.
they were just there socializing the days away while the rest of us carried their load for them.

You mean this claim

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by davion

You mean this claim

Thanks for the link to this article. It raises a very interesting question re the experience issue, which is,

Just what DO Senators do???

Showing up to vote yes or no isn't exactly difficult work. Obama and McCain have been campaigning full-time and it hasn't seemed to interfere with their day jobs.

And I'm guessing Senators don't sit down in front of their computer and type up 3000 page bills on their word processor.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well if we're going to judge by political experience, Nixon had more "executive" experience as vice president under Eisenhower yet he lost to Kennedy and went on to become one of the greatest presidents in or nation's history, while Nixon, one of the more infamous soon to be second only to Bush. So you tell me, are we really going to have previous experience in the Executive as a perquisite for serving in the White House? It's just illogical and would bar even McCain from office because apparently he's never been a governor.
Secondly, this woman's been an advocate of drilling for more oil, how is that her solution to ease us off oil?
The only reason she's on the ticket is just a hope that since she's a woman, women will vote for her, yes, because women just vote for women because they're stupid. It's just a big insult because people are comparing her to Hillary, and lets be honest, Hillary has sneezed snot more experienced than this unknown.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I'm talking about the difference between getting to hold a document in one's hand vs. viewing a compressed .jpg online. The multiple jpgs that were released by Obama, on his own site and a different one on Kos, and yet a different uncropped jpg to another news site, are not the same as the real document.

And I never claimed that Obama wasn't born in the U.S., or wasn't a citizen. I raised questions about the *possibility* that the jpegs were doctored, and why they might have been. This is a conspiracy site, remember?

On the other hand, Obama followers were content to take him at his word.

And Obama's followers who were content to take him for his word were right. So where does that leave you? And what's the point of saying that anyway?

Now you're just claiming to be a conspiracy crusader in an attempt to push off the fact that you and every other nutjob right-wing blogger out there was wrong about the birth certificate. Did you even ever admit that you were mistaken? Or did you just shut up about it like everyone else on the internet.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

And Obama's followers who were content to take him for his word were right. So where does that leave you? And what's the point of saying that anyway?

Where does that leave me? Lol... you take yourself and ATS way too seriously.

Now you're just claiming to be a conspiracy crusader in an attempt to push off the fact that you and every other nutjob right-wing blogger out there was wrong about the birth certificate. Did you even ever admit that you were mistaken? Or did you just shut up about it like everyone else on the internet.

No, I'm not a conspiracy crusader. And I didn't admit that I was mistaken because I was never sure one way or the other. I was looking into the claims other people made and I started by saying I have little experience in figuring out photoshopped images and asked if anybody else did.

Was I mistaken to even look into it? Of course not.

We you mistaken to simply take a politician at his word and believe him because he tells you something? Maybe this time it worked out, but I wouldn't make a habit of it.

Now back on topic, the point here is that Gov. Palin has comparable experience to Obama. Obama has 4 years as a U.S. Senator, Gov. Palin has 2 years as a state Governor. Both have about 12 years experience in public office.

Now my next question is this: Rather than measure qualifications simply by years on the job, maybe the qualification should be judged by accomplishments on the job.

Has Obama accomplished anything noteworthy as a U.S. Senator other than voting YES on the FISA bill?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus24

for myself it comes down to a question of ethics------if you owned a business who would you rather have working for you?
someone that just showed up to socialize with your customers thus stealing the paycheck for not earning their keep or a person that made you a profit without ripping off the customers and causing them to hate you so bad that they never want to buy anything else from you again?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

By that standard, what proof do you have that McCain is a US citizen. What about Palin? They could both be closet communists, because you take their word that they are not.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

reply to post by jamie83

By that standard, what proof do you have that McCain is a US citizen. What about Palin? They could both be closet communists, because you take their word that they are not.

Well, the U.S. Senate voted unanimously on a resolution declaring McCain eligible to be POTUS.

I'm guessing that carries some weight, right?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Yes Obama has done much in the Senate. He is a jr senator so he is limited in what kinds of legislation he can author. All of his accomplishments have been posted many times in this thread. He has also accomplished much on the state level as senator of illinois.

What has Palin accomplished on a national level? I mean she an 18 month resume to work with so I'm sure there is quite a bit.

Wiggin has a thread Gov. Palin: On The Issues

Take you time its quite a list.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

No, I'm not a conspiracy crusader. And I didn't admit that I was mistaken because I was never sure one way or the other. I was looking into the claims other people made and I started by saying I have little experience in figuring out photoshopped images and asked if anybody else did.

Was I mistaken to even look into it? Of course not.

We you mistaken to simply take a politician at his word and believe him because he tells you something? Maybe this time it worked out, but I wouldn't make a habit of it.

Where did you say in that thread that you "have little experience in figuring out Photoshopped images and asked if anyone else did"?

Your original post in the thread you made about it says you MIGHT HAVE FOUND SOMETHING and go on to say that: "Unless somebody can come up with a pretty convincing explanation, I'm taking this as strong evidence that the lettering in the Obama CoB was created in digital editor and not from being scanned!!!"

And then you go on to disagree with someone with graphic design experience about the artifacts in the image.

You go on for pages saying it was doctored in ways that aren't the obvious blackout of the Certificate No. and that "this doesn't look good for supporters of Obama"

In the end, were you mistaken? Yes.

I also think it's funny when someone calls you out you think I am taking things too serious, but you seemed pretty serious in your thread trying to pass his certificate as fake. Apparently you can be serious when it suites you, but if you happen to be wrong suddenly everyone should have lives and be doing other things with their time?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Why would the senate vote on something like this? Do you have a link? Is this the policy for all presidential candidates?

Nevermind,I answered my own questions. I guess if there was a question of Obamas citizenship they would have held a vote for that as well

[edit on 31-8-2008 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

reply to post by jamie83

Yes Obama has done much in the Senate. He is a jr senator so he is limited in what kinds of legislation he can author. All of his accomplishments have been posted many times in this thread. He has also accomplished much on the state level as senator of illinois.

Funny with such a long list of supposed accomplishments you can't even name ONE. lol

And your assertion that as a Junior Senator he is limited in what legislation he can author is false. There is no legal distinction limiting what legislation a junior senator can author.

And wasn't Obama made head of some committee and yet never convened a meeting?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

I didnt list anything because his record has been posted time and time again. I posted a thread on how he had voted back in June.

Link

here is everything that Obama has voted on.

You are correct that Junior Senators can write legislation but:

There is no mandated difference in rights or power, although the U.S. Senate by its own rules does give more power to senators with more seniority, so in general a senior senator will have more, though it should also be noted that being a member of the majority party is probably more advantageous than being senior.

Link

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

And wasn't Obama made head of some committee and yet never convened a meeting?

He chairs the Senate's Subcommittee on European Affairs, which has limited oversight in Afghanistan through NATO and you are correct, he has never called the comittee to session.

I am still waiting to hear what he accomplished as a state senator, although I can confidently say he had lack luster results, at best, as a community organizer.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Why is it that the blue collar workers, those who have been screwed over more than any other group, continue to vote for those who screw them? Do you think any of the Elite GOP are laughing at the idiots that keep voting for them over and over when all they do is SCREW them repeatedly? Maybe they are DUMB?

[edit on 31-8-2008 by ColoradoJens]

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join