It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin vs. Obama... Who Has More Experience?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by euclid

I think the lady is way more qualified then the dorks running for President. She has an executive job as the Gov., is smart, good looking and wants to drill all over the place for oil. Good for her.

Yeah - the rhetoric in her speeches reminds me of ... something...else......

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

You count being mayor of a small town "Experience"?

What was Obama doing in 1992?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

Playing basketball?
Who the hell cares.

What was George Carlin doing in 1992?

Just because she was Mayor of a SMALL TOWN in "nowhere, USA" doesnt mean she's qualified to be President in terms of experience.

Where was OBama in 1992? Probably getting his act in gear so he could be a United States Senator, and Illinois Senator, a Law Professor with a Law degree

What does Palin have again?

A pageant tiara?

......ahhh

Lowered Expectations

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavageHenry
Excuse me... are you even trying to pass off this line of bull#??

I am the only losing my mind.. and I am sure no one else experiances my reality either...

No ... its just my delusions..

This is the internet, Hank. Rather than make up lies about me (as usual) why not just find some of my posts where I call Barry O. a Muslim. That would be easy for a genius like you.

I will save you the trouble of finding my thread about Obama and the Bilderburgers -PROOF! Of course that thread was starred 103 times at last count because it was 100% accurate and it was the first time anybody here exposed this connection.

Until then, it seems like everybody just assumed Barry O. was being honest when he said he was a Washington outsider and a different type of politician. And then lo and behold it turns out Barry O. picks a Bilderberger to vet his VP.

And then it turns out that Perseus LLC and Mark Brzezinski's law firm are partnered in their backing of Obama, and Perseus LLC is also partnered with George Soros, who paid $5 million to own MoveOn.org and get them to endorse Obama.

But I guess in your delusional world all that is simply bull# because it pulls back the curtain and exposes Barry O. for who he really is, and shows the world who is really pulling the levers.

No, what is bull# is the line of crap Barry O. has been trying to feed people since he started the race. He's bought and paid for by Washington insiders, and their investment in him is directly related to their alternative energy venture cap portfolios.

Good luck debunking this.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Playing basketball?
Who the hell cares.

What was George Carlin doing in 1992?

Just because she was Mayor of a SMALL TOWN in "nowhere, USA" doesnt mean she's qualified to be President in terms of experience.

No it doesn't, but it does include making decisions based on improving a community, which is executive experience. However minimal it may be, it is more than playing basketball.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

the comparison is poor.... but the blond is better looking.

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

No it doesn't, but it does include making decisions based on improving a community

What decisions do you make in a town that size?

Who gets to use the village bicycle next?

I mean seriously.

You're undermining your own standards to accommodate a woman who's nomination serves to pander to disgruntled hillary supporters

I thought mccain was desperate

i guess i underestimated the ignorant and diligence of his supporters....

have fun with that.

We'll see you in the audience watching Obama get sworn in come Jan.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

What decisions do you make in a town that size?

Who gets to use the village bicycle next?

I mean seriously.

You're undermining your own standards to accommodate a woman who's nomination serves to pander to disgruntled hillary supporters

I thought mccain was desperate

i guess i underestimated the ignorant and diligence of his supporters....

have fun with that.

We'll see you in the audience watching Obama get sworn in come Jan.

It appears that the original topic has been forgotten...or maybe you can't see the trees from the forest.

Either way, Palin has more executive experience than Obama.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

You're absolutely right... that's what it is all about. It is necessary to get as many votes from ticked off billary supporters as possible and Insane McCain will probably do it. I like Palin. I was going to vote for Insane anyways but his pick for VP seals the deal. Now I won't feel so bad because he will probably die and we'll have the first gun loving, pro-life, proud to be a mother and drill-all-over-Alaska-in-a-responsible-way, woman in the Presidency
. That's a great thing.

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by euclid

Im gonna respond to whopping 4 qualifications you gave of her.

She's the governor of Alaska and has only been that for a very short period of time, but I'll give you that being a governor denotes some experience. Although Bush was a governor of a significantly larger state and significantly longer than Palin has been Governor, but did that help him any? Arnold is a Governor too and I'd move to another country if he were ever on a presidential ticket. The wrestler, Jesse Ventura, was a governor as well.

I'm not sure how smart she is when compared to Obama. She graduated apparently with no honors with a journalism degree. Obtaining a Journalism degree is almost, if not easier, than obtaining a political science or criminal justice degree. Her journalism degree is compared to a guy that was the president of the Harvard Law Review. The same guy not only graduated from Harvard but did it Magna Cum Laude. The same guy graduated from law School and was actually smart enough to teach at a law school. He taught constitutional law, so he probably wont butcher it the way the republicans have done for the last 8 years(If you don't agree with the last sentence please see en.wikipedia.org...). Obama also has bucket loads of other educational achievements as well.

I don't see how being good looking qualifies anyone to be president or vice-president. Some of our best presidents looked like something out of the Arc of the Covenant. The fact that women describe her looks as a qualification to be president just highlights the importance that women place on looks

Wanting to Drill all over the place isn't necessarily a good thing. Most republicans that want to drill all over the place don't realize that drilling is only a very small step in the process of becoming completely energy independent.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
WHy dont we narrow this argument down.

McCain, Obama and Biden have experience in the legislative branch. What do legislators do? They sit around making and voting for laws and pass budgets.

Thats great but....

The president is part of the executive branch.

Now who has the most experience running in a public executive position?

Palin is the only one who has the experience of administrating a government. She has to enforce the laws within court interpretation and within the budgetary constraints of the legislative branch.

Even if Palin's only executive experience is running that backwater small town, she still has far more experience as an executive than the other 3.

Senatorial experience is almost irrelevant as it applies to the presidency, hence the reason why most Presidents were governors of states or mayors of large cities at one point or another. If lack of foreign experience is a problem, just get a good Secretary of State.

Last of all, Obama doesn't even have that much senatorial experience to begin with. He has been using his office as a campaign platform for the presidency so his senatorial experience should really be shown as half of what his term indicates.

Didnt Palin say that she wasnt even sure what the VP did. Thats the main difference between being the Governor and being in the senate. From the senate, you have an inside view of how things work. I dont think I would use this last administration as an example for what to do in the office of President or VP, but if you dont know what you are supposed to do in the position you were offered/hired for than you probably have no business doing it.

Even though you can not obtain actual experience as VP of the US, you should at least be educated in the history of the position. Does she know that she is the deciding vote in a deadlocked senate?

Source

Source

Source

The whole irony of this thread is that, as others have pointed out. For the Republicans, experience was the most important issue for both candidates to have over the last two months, now because of the VP selection, experience is not as much of an issue.

This pick of Palin is ABSOLUTELY political. Let us not discuss the experience of Obama vs. Palin or Obama/Binden vs. McCain/Palin. Let us discuss the experience of Palin vs. the other VP possibilities. Because this comparison, shows clearly that this was a political choice to sway women voters. Palins record does not even come close to the experience and record of the other VP choices. Compare Palin to Romney, or Huckabee, or Pawtley, or even Liberman. She doesnt even come close.
The VP really only has two required duties to fufull in the role of VP; Succeed the president in the event of death, incapacitated, or leaving office. Head of the senate and deciding vote in the event of a deadlock. Aside from those two things, the president can decide what he/she wants the VP to be involved in.
So, Palin has never served in a deliberating body such as a state or national senate, which makes her under-qualified as the head of the senate. She has been Governer of the 4th smallest state population for less than two years, which makes her under-qualified compared to the other VP possibilities, with regards to succeeding the president.

Who cares what Democrats think about the Palin pick. Republicans should be pissed. The Republican party/McCain has chosen to do whatever it takes to win the office but have fallen short on even making a half baked attempt at ensure that the most qualified person was in office. This is a purely political choice, in attempt to pander to women voters. McCain seriously would have been smarter to actual choose Hiliary. He could have guaranteed that he got the Hilary supporters and he would have also been selecting someone who was experienced enough to do the job.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

You make alot of good points, although none of them are a concern for the votes she is attracting. Instead, her experience and proven track record as a reformer is the appeal the depressed voters on the right needed to bring them to the polls.

I would say she is very authentic...she took on her own party and won, for the good of the people who elected her. Without saying she wanted to do that, she just did it.

Oh and BTW, latest reports are that donations to McCains campaign are up over $7 mil in the last 2 days.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well I have NEVER voted for a republican, however I am thinking this time I will.

One of the reasons being (other than the fact that I can’t stand Obama) is that McCain and Palin, unlike the Bush administration, have real emotional experience dealing with the realities of war (in Palin’s case she is the mother of an infantry soldier, and I am sure that has caused her quite a bit of worry).

I am pro-choice, but also pro-gun rights so that is a wash. I think domestic drilling is pointless, but I also think it will happen regardless of which side wins, so that doesn’t matter either.

Plus for once Georgia may be a swing state, normally it is always red, but with an estimated 98% of a “certain demographic” in Georgia voting for Obama it could be close this time.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

That Comparison video was the Dumbest video in Youtube history of Politics. This is beyond bias by any measure. Obama's resume in this video was totally hacked up, Palin's resume included a similar comparable resume but the Author of the video included Stuff that highlighted or bullet points her resume. Now, if the Author was gonna do that then he should have included all the bills and laws Obama made/pushed from 1996 in the Ill. Legislature all the way up to US Senate 2004 to 2008. Now, that would be a complete blow out by all means if you was to put Obama up like that. Now tell me, who's job affects the common american on day to day life, Alaskan Government or US Senate. You decide.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by davion

Too easy

[edit on 30-8-2008 by davion]

Too easy?

Just to educate you, the Certificate of Birth released by the Obama campaign WAS DEFINITIVELY PHOTOSHOPPED. That's how they put the little black box over the ID number.

The question was whether or not other sections were photoshopped too.

A question which has been proven false

And of course it had been Photoshopped, they just covered up the Certificate No. at the top right, but your thread wasn't discussing that, your thread was discussing if Obama was trying to pass a fake birth certificate as a real one, which was stupid, reaching, and has since been proven entirely false.

Don't try and play apologetics. You made a thread that was on the "Obama is lying and probably isn't a citizen because what does he have to hide" train.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by davion]

[edit on 31-8-2008 by davion]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

You would rather just win than ensure that the most qualified person is put into office? This is the defintion of party politics. You are putting party before country. You would rather ensure that a Republican was elected regardless of there qualifications.
Believe me I do not want McCain elected president but if he is I hope that he at the very least surrounds himself with qualified individuals. I dont want McCain to win but I if he does I want whats best for the country, not whats best for his party.

That has been the problem for Bush Admin for the las 8 years has been there tendencies to make decisions based on whats best for their party and not the country. Dismissing judges, choosing staff based on political affiliation only, Bush using the veto for the Republican congress once in 6 years and 9 times since the Democrats have been the majority.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper

Let me see if I can get more point deducted, no better not tell you what I really feel about you the mods would be upset with me again...kinda funny since I served to defend freedom of speech for the same people on this board and mine gets censored because its inflammatory...is not anger and insults not covered by freedom of speech...?

Anyway, no reason arguing with someone who is obviously a chill for Oblama and Bitten... it is hilarious to see the dems trying to attack this BEAUTIFUL SEXY woman on anything they can grasp at...

Come on I believe she was Miss Alaska, we need this hotty in the white house...

for you to insult is comical, as I said before you are probably a 90 no lets give you credit 130lbs weakling... its a good thing the internet came around because guys like you voicing their opinion in public the way you do would end up in the ER...by someone like me...haha

Seriously you must be completely insecure, to post the rock as your avatar...keep dreaming you will never be muscular like that...well like me... I am 242lbs at 8% body fat...and 72 inches....

hahahaha

Maybe you should be a little more clear about your free 'speech' , you claimed in another thread that if it wasnt for the internet we would have to discuss our opinions and issues in public forum, would result in you inflicting physical violence in order to prove your point. Is putting someone in the ER for their opinion a way to have a respectible debate? Is that what free speech is, beating someone up until they see things your way. So instead of intellect directing our policy and legislation, we should rely on who is stronger.

Anger and insults may be covered by free speech but threatening to beat someone up is not. neither is inflicting violence in order to make you point or to make peole think what you think.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I tell you where she got experience on, she is a pro at working her uterus over time.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

Either way, Palin has more executive experience than Obama.

she also has more experience than McCain (by YOUR standards)

does that make McCain ineligible for president?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Actually I am looking at McCain now like somebody that is getting senile and myopic.

What in the heck the man was thinking when he choose Sarah barracuda for VP.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join