It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin vs. Obama... Who Has More Experience?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

And again I will mention. How did Obama manage to be elected into the senate without having his citizenship reviewed? No one in Illinois checked his citizenship for state senate and it was overlooked again when he was elected into the federal senate?

You continue to perpetuate this rumor because you believe that he isnt a citizen, yet you provide no evidence. How do you rationalize this kind of propaganda?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

Here is a short list of issues he has voted for and against. His accomplishments are being present, knowing the issue and voting based on the issues that his constituents voted in for. He has not been in the senate for very long so writing legislation is usually reseved for senior senators, so its hard to accomplish anything aside from voting on bills and joining committees, which again requires being in the senate for a number of years. You cant just decide to join every committee, there has to be an opening and usually you are asked to join(by request)

Date Vote Position GOP opinion DEM opinion
8/3/07 Vote 309: S 1927: This amendment to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 passed 60-28 on August 3. The bill gives U.S. spy agencies expanded power to eavesdrop on foreign suspects without a court order. The bill gives the Director of National Intelligence and the Attorney General authorization for periods up to one year, to information concerning suspected terrorists outside the United States. The existing Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act contained a 30-year-old statute requiring a warrant to monitor calls intercepted in the United States, regardless of their origin. The new Protect America Act amends this stipulation, allowing U.S. intelligence officials to monitor suspicious communication originating inside the U.S. The Bush administration argued that it needs the expanded power to confront terrorist threats. Civil liberties and privacy advocates argue the bill jeopardizes the Fourth Amendment privacy rights and allows for the warrantless monitoring of virtually any form of communication originating in the United States. Democrats managed a minor victory requiring a sunset clause effective 180 days after the bill is signed. In place of a court's approval, the National Security Agency plans to institute a system of internal bureaucratic controls. The bill passed in the House 227-183, and was sent to the White House soon after to be signed into law. No Yes No
8/2/07 Vote 307: H R 976: In this 68 to 31 vote the Senate passed an expansion of the State Children's Health Insurance Program. The bill also passed the House by a vote of 265 to 159. The bill increases total funding for the program to $60 billion over the next five years and provides health insurance for 9 million currently uninsured American children. The $7 billion yearly expansions were a major sticking point for the White House and ultimately lead to the fourth presidential veto from the Bush administration. The measure is a key agenda item for the Democratic majority in Congress, and Democratic leaders have vowed to push for a veto override, which would require a two-thirds vote. White House press secretary Dana Perino criticized Democrats for sending the president a bill she said they knew would be dead on arrival. “They made their political point,” Perino said. The White House contended that the 61-cent increase in the federal tobacco tax would not be able to recoup the required funds needed to fund the bill. White House officials also argued the measure would push millions of children already covered by private health insurance into publicly financed health care program Yes No Yes
7/26/07 Vote 284: H R 1: This amendment to the Homeland Security Act of 2002 was made in order to implement the recommendations made by the 9/11 commission. Different versions of the bill were passed in the House on Jan. 9 and in the Senate on July 9. A modified version of the bill, with conference report changes, was revisited on July 27 and passed by a vote of 85-8. The bill requires the inspection of all cargo traveling on passenger aircrafts and establishes the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board. This panel, suggested by the 9/11 commission, is responsible for advising the president and senior White House officials maintaining respect for privacy laws and civil liberties. Other provisions of the bill include grants to states, urban areas, regions, or directly eligible tribes to be used to improve the ability for first responders to react to and prevent terrorist attacks, according to the Congressional Research Service. The bill also outlined details regarding the detention and treatment of captured terrorists. The bill was signed into law by President Bush on August 3. Not Voting Yes Yes
6/11/07 Vote 207: On the Cloture Motion: With this vote Democrats and some Republicans in the Senate sought to move forward on a measure that would have registered the Senate's official opposition to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, whose tenure was plagued by controversy. The Washington Post reported that “Democrats fell seven votes short of the 60 needed to invoke cloture and begin the debate on a resolution condemning Gonzales.” Seven Republicans distanced themselves from the Bush administration and refused to support the attorney general who had been a target of sharp criticism for five months. Gonzales came under fire for his involvement in administration policies such as harsh interrogation policies, secret overseas prisons, and a domestic surveillance program. But his most controversial action was the firings of nine U.S. attorneys last year. The attorney general's critics claimed he fired the prosecutors for political reasons. If passed, the resolution would have done nothing more than send a public rebuke to Bush and Gonzales. But enough Republicans were able oppose "cloture," effectively killing the measure. As the Post reported, “Democrats were aware that victory on the vote was unlikely, but they claimed a symbolic triumph in getting more than a handful of Republicans to join the effort to publicly shame the attorney general.” Gonzales, who initially claimed he would not step down amid the controversies, announced his resignation on August 27. Not Voting No Yes

Now its your turn to provide me with the list of national accomplisments by Palin.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think we also have to consider the fact that: Obama picked Biden as a running mate, due to his foreign relations experience and to fill in holes.

Then you have McCain who wants to appeal more to the Guns and God voters with Palin, which will also try to sway Clinton voters.

The problem is if something happens to Obama, Biden is in office, who has about as much experience as McCain in the Senate. If something happens to McCain, which is just as likely, then you'll basically have a woman in office that is about on the same level of experience as Obama.

If we're going to talk experience then it'd make sense for Biden to be running for President and Obama as VP, though I think since Obama doesn't have foreign experience and the same track record as Biden they'll probably be working together more often than not.

With McCain it just seems like he's going to push Palin out the door if he wins, and then we'll be in a similar scenario if something happens to him.

So do you want an inexperienced leader now or do you want an inexperienced leader later?

[edit on 31-8-2008 by davion]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

The dialogue of the last ten years has almost been surreal. In a nut shell,
and even though Clinton(s) are political movers and are kinda slimy, after Bill left office we had the LARGEST SURPLUS BUDGET EVER - of course as conservatives like to point of - NONE of it was do to Clinton, but, whatever. Now, we have 8 years of the republicans - the ones who still to this day mock the "big-gov spendo-crats" and we the LARGEST DEFICIT BUDGET EVER. But somehow, it works for these people. As for OBAMA and his NON-CITIZENSHIP, anyone making this claim needs to be evaluated by a doctor. Senator Obama, oh, whoops, you cant be a senator because you are a swahili guy here illegally. Or, maybe not.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70
A complete side by side comparison

Awesome source!!

This is my favorite...

Foreign policy experience... Obama: "Chaired Senate subcommittee on Europe but never called it into session;

once gave a speech to 200,000 screaming Germans"

Great find!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

Ok, so he voted on a few bills? Anything else? Interesting how you left out the times he was absent or just didn't vote.

I guess I would have thought that at least as a chairperson he would have convened a meeting with his new commitee for a number of reasons...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by mhc_70
A complete side by side comparison

Awesome source!!

This is my favorite...

Foreign policy experience... Obama: "Chaired Senate subcommittee on Europe but never called it into session;

once gave a speech to 200,000 screaming Germans"

Great find!

I like this one...

Often says, “I am my brother’s keeper”;

Brother lives in a hut in Nairobi on $12 per year

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Yes an awesome that conveniently leaves out their education levels. Which alone puts Obama above Palin and McCain both. If we put experience aside and go from education level, Barack is the clear winner. But most importantly compares their: Speaking ability and Coolest thing about Spouse?!
This is the most biased piece of crap link comparing two people.

Nickname Sarah Barracuda Barry Obama; “The One”
Public opinion Smoking hot in a “naughty librarian” sort of way May be The Messiah

What a joke

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

I can only paste so much into a post. There are multiple links showing all his votes, and the times he was absent. Guess what McCain has missed more than Obama in the current session. And I keep pointing out that as a junior senator there are policies that they force upon themselves limiting what a junior can and cannot do. Many senators do not write legislation, many are only there to comprehend the issues and vote on them.

Barack Obama has missed 290 votes (45.5%) during the current Congress. See a list of his missed votes since 1991 or see a full list of vote missers.

John McCain has missed 407 votes (63.8%) during the current Congress. See a list of his missed votes since 1991 or see a full list of vote missers.

McCain Voting Record

Obama Voting Record

Again, I ask you where are the Palin national accomplishments? Not how cool her husband is or that she is "smokin hot" or that she played basketball.

Here are all the sources for you now please provide something for your side.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by SavageHenry
Excuse me... are you even trying to pass off this line of bull#??

I am the only losing my mind.. and I am sure no one else experiances my reality either...

No ... its just my delusions..

This is the internet, Hank. Rather than make up lies about me (as usual) why not just find some of my posts where I call Barry O. a Muslim. That would be easy for a genius like you.

I will save you the trouble of finding my thread about Obama and the Bilderburgers -PROOF! Of course that thread was starred 103 times at last count because it was 100% accurate and it was the first time anybody here exposed this connection.

Until then, it seems like everybody just assumed Barry O. was being honest when he said he was a Washington outsider and a different type of politician. And then lo and behold it turns out Barry O. picks a Bilderberger to vet his VP.

And then it turns out that Perseus LLC and Mark Brzezinski's law firm are partnered in their backing of Obama, and Perseus LLC is also partnered with George Soros, who paid $5 million to own MoveOn.org and get them to endorse Obama.

But I guess in your delusional world all that is simply bull# because it pulls back the curtain and exposes Barry O. for who he really is, and shows the world who is really pulling the levers.

No, what is bull# is the line of crap Barry O. has been trying to feed people since he started the race. He's bought and paid for by Washington insiders, and their investment in him is directly related to their alternative energy venture cap portfolios.

Good luck debunking this.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by jamie83]

Good one Jamie. I've read the entire thread and I didn't see anyone answer this post. Did I miss something? It really deserved an answer.

I wonder why Wiggins did jump on this one?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage

Now its your turn to provide me with the list of national accomplisments by Palin.

OK

Passed a landmark ethics reform bill

Used veto to cut budgetary spending

Prevented “bridge to nowhere” that would have cost taxpayers $400 mil

Exposed legal violations and conflicts of interest of Alaska Republican leaders...

Campaigned, ran against and upset sitting Govenor due to public support for her efforts to clean up corrupt government establishment.

All the while maintained 80+ approval ratings

Keep Obama and his promises. I'll take the proven commodity.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by mhc_70]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
"Opposed “Bridge to Nowhere” project; Said Alaska should avoid relying on federal money for projects"

Not according to Alaska

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So she opposes a bridge that she supported before, but a road is still being built regardless, basically wasting federal funds. Good job, Palin, good job

Wasn't McCain against earmarks and special interest spending? So he picks a Vice President that does just that

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldnslo

I will save you the trouble of finding my thread about Obama and the Bilderburgers -PROOF! Of course that thread was starred 103 times at last count because it was 100% accurate and it was the first time anybody here exposed this connection.

Until then, it seems like everybody just assumed Barry O. was being honest when he said he was a Washington outsider and a different type of politician. And then lo and behold it turns out Barry O. picks a Bilderberger to vet his VP.

And then it turns out that Perseus LLC and Mark Brzezinski's law firm are partnered in their backing of Obama, and Perseus LLC is also partnered with George Soros, who paid $5 million to own MoveOn.org and get them to endorse Obama.

But I guess in your delusional world all that is simply bull# because it pulls back the curtain and exposes Barry O. for who he really is, and shows the world who is really pulling the levers.

No, what is bull# is the line of crap Barry O. has been trying to feed people since he started the race. He's bought and paid for by Washington insiders, and their investment in him is directly related to their alternative energy venture cap portfolios.

Good luck debunking this.
[edit on 31-8-2008 by jamie83]

Good one Jamie. I've read the entire thread and I didn't see anyone answer this post. Did I miss something? It really deserved an answer.

I wonder why Wiggins did jump on this one?

Thanks!

Of course nobody answered it because it is unanswerable.

Wiggins won't touch this because he knows I'm right and I can prove that I'm right.

These guys have nothing. They are what are called keyboard commandos. They sit behind their keyboards and bully people all day and night to get their rocks off. When confronted with facts, they disappear.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

Almost there, now post the links for the said accomplishments. I was required to post my links repeatedly and prove what I was saying. Lets see some Alaskan govt links showing the votes and such.

Any comments about McCain and Obama missing votes?

[edit on 31-8-2008 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Yes, I can. this from ireport.com, which sums it up nicely:

“As far as Obama’s experience v. Palin’s: Obama graduated with honors in law from Harvard, Obama choose to work in Chicago’s Southside to help the poor and middle class who had lost their jobs or had fallen on hard times. He also taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago (as president he does take an oath to uphold the US Constitution so understanding it is very important). He went into the state legislature and eventually became US Senator. He has traveled all over the world and met with world leaders and has their respect. His judgement on Iraq was truly right (he beleived we should have gone after the people who attacked us in Afghanistan, rather than divert our attention to someone who had no part in the terrorist attacks). While in elected office Obama has worked on a multitude of bills and has sat on various committees. In the legilature he sponsored bill a giving tax credits to low income workers, supported ethics and healthcare reform. Obama supported the Republican’s predatory mortgage lending regulations which were aimed at averting home foreclosures. He was re-elected two times. Obama was chairman of the Illinois Senate’s Health and Human Services Committee.

In the US Senate Obama was on the Senate Committees for Foreign Relations, Environment and Public Works and Veterans’ Affairs. He also became Chairman of the Senate’s subcommittee on European Affairs. Obama is a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and made official trips to Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Central Asia and Africa. He co-sponsored legislation on nuclear safety, conventional arms (among others).

Palin, on the other hand, has a bachelors in Journalism from the University of Idaho, was mayor of a small town and has been governor of Alaska (with fewer people than Austin TX) for less than two years. Her legislation is good ethics reform, promoting oil drilling, and doing away with many pork-barrel projects, as well as lowering taxes.

So for those of you who believe that Obama does not have any experience or that Palin’s experience is better than his, I ask you to look at their records. I’ll take Obama’s vast and far broader experience over Palin’s thin experience (and she might be a new governor but there are many cities in the US with larger populations than her state) any day. ”

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

reply to post by mhc_70

Almost there, now post the links for the said accomplishments. I was required to post my links repeatedly and prove what I was saying. Lets see some Alaskan govt links showing the votes and such.

I never required that of you, although I did post a link "a complete side by side comparison" in this thread that will verify Palin accomplishments. You may disagree with the messenger, but a quick search will prove there is no disagreement, the message is true.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Any comments about McCain and Obama missing votes?

[edit on 31-8-2008 by iamcamouflage]

This thread is about Palin and Obama, but I am not surprised to hear that about McCain; I really had no clue how many votes they had missed

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by davion

Please tell me what "experience" George Bush had proir to becomming president. Was he successful in those "experiences?" Are all "expieriences" the same? What are the "proper" qualifications? I would submit to you that it is OBVIOUS Obama knows more of what is going on in Washington than Palin. Whatever the case, keep talking. Obama is going to win, regardless of your so called experience.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join