It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin vs. Obama... Who Has More Experience?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70

Originally posted by Zastava
reply to post by jamie83

If your going to make a comparison then compare apples to apples. Your talking about "Vice" Presidents. If thats the case, Biden has the win hands down. If Palin was all that "Great" she would be on the Big Ticket. Face it, all the spin in the world will not make her a somebody. In charge of Alaska National Guard? Whooopey. Now thats quite a qualification. The woman is a loser for anyones ticket. Wait and see...

I agree, you have a point, but it seems to be getting missed by the fact Obama picked Biden while running on a campaign of change...more "do as I say, not as I do".

Contrast that to Palin and McCain has stolen the flag of reform and change and given conservatives something to vote for.

Ya this would make sense if MCSAME AND GODDESSARAH were

liberal

1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
2. noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.

SO this REFORM GOP platform is... well

CONSERVATIVE

–adjective
1. disposed topreserveexisting conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and limit change.

EVEN funnier is these were the first definitions.....

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zastava
reply to post by jamie83

Face it, all the spin in the world will not make her a somebody. In charge of Alaska National Guard? Whooopey. Now thats quite a qualification. The woman is a loser for anyones ticket. Wait and see...

Thanks for posting that one. I was about to say the same. "So Palin served in the weekend warrior National Guard of Alaska - Big Whoop. It still doesn't amount to a hill of beans."

Great post by the way. I loved it.

SJ

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Stewart/Colbert slam dunk Palin's "experience"

[edit on 1-9-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Ok I don't agree with the religion aspect.
I think cheap shotting Obama on religion is like Trying to use Palins 17 year old daughter to cheap shot her.
But as I have only seen one side be side comparison of the (R) VICE PRESIDENTIAL candidate to the Democratic PRESIDENTIAL candidate.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
You have got to be kidding me about those that are comparing Biden's experience and Palin's. Look at the history of each in politics and Palin's is so much more weak than Biden's. Besides basing things on experience is just nuts any way. Rumsfeld, one of the biggest reasons this country is in the bad shape it is, was one of the most experienced politicians going. Bush has some of the most experienced politicians around him, but has managed to mismanage most things. What we need is intelligence and wisdom, people that greed and zealous religious thought is not the driving force for decisions. You surround yourself with experts. The president should not be a military man. That was built in so you would not have a militaristic government. To substitute wisdom and intelligence for experience is just a bad move, history has already shown this to be a bad deal in the land of capitalistic greed.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Obama has ZERO experience in everything except giving speaches and campaigning and some 3 years of community service before he went to Harvard. All his time in Senate, he was scheming/aiming at becoming President. The last two years of Obama's time was completely spent on it. You have to agree on one thing - Dividing a non-ZERO number by ZERO gives INFINITY and dividing by a very small number gives a VERY LARGE NUMBER. Therefore,

Ratio of Experience of Palin's to Obama's = VERY LARGE NUMBER tending to INFINITY.

All those who want to vote for Obama should look at what he has done so far instead of falling for his empty rhetoric and speaches. If they do, they will get the answer - ZERO.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sansego

The president should not be a military man. That was built in so you would not have a militaristic government. To substitute wisdom and intelligence for experience is just a bad move, history has already shown this to be a bad deal in the land of capitalistic greed.

Oh really, that's news to me!!

The following is submitted regarding our past Presidents with military experience:

Presidents who served in wars:

George Washington - Commander in Chief of Continental Army during the American Revolution.
James Monroe - served in American Revolution
Andrew Jackson - American Revolution, War of 1812, First Seminole War
William Henry Harrison - Indian wars in the NW territory, War of 1812
John Tyler - War of 1812
Zachary Taylor - War of 1812, Black Hawk, Second Seminole, and Mexican wars
Franklin Pierce - Mexican War
James Buchanan - War of 1812
Abraham Lincoln - Black Hawk War
Andrew Johnson - Civil War
Ulysses Grant - Mexican War, Civil War
Rutherford Hayes - Civil War
James Garfield - Civil War
Chester Arthur - Civil War
Benjamin Harrison - Civil War
William McKinley - Civil War
Theodore Roosevelt - Spanish-American War
Harry Truman - WWI
Dwight Eisenhower - WWII General
John Kennedy - WWII
Lyndon Johnson - WWII
Richard Nixon - WWII
Gerald Ford - WWII
George Bush - WWII

Presidents who were in the military but who saw no action:

James Madison
James Polk
Millard Fillmore
Jimmy Carter
Ronald Reagan
George W. Bush

Presidents with no military experience:

John Adams
Thomas Jefferson
John Quincy Adams
Martin Van Buren
Grover Cleveland
William Taft
Woodrow Wilson
Warren Harding
Calvin Coolidge
Herbert Hoover
Franklin Roosevelt
Bill Clinton

12 Presidents with NO military experience and 30 Presidents that have served in the military, of which 24 served in war time. You may want to rethink that comment.

History proves that the American people have preferred Presidents with military experience, whether you like it or not. Your comment about a built-in anti-military bias in our government, is pure BS of the first order.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join