It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Ghosts are not Real

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Oh dear, this is getting a little tedious now (please try to read the posts correctly).

I specifically asked if you'd had an experience (NOT PARANORMAL), that you found difficult put into words and explain or provide hard evidence to back-up that it had happened (something of a mundane nature).

It's quite ironic really that you irrationally jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Woody

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
'But I always ask to be proven wrong'. I don't really believe there is any right or wrong here dave. Nor can I explain to you why my two mutts went bug # in the three days after my Mom died. There are things....Horatio.

That is sad. Really truly sad. Though I can see where they felt your stress.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
They were seeing something love. It wasn't me. They would sit and bark out my bay windows like there was a squirrel on steroids out there. That lasted for three days. I finally begged her stop driving my dogs nuts. And it stopped. Clinically insane...entirely possible.

[edit on 8/28/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
so Dave what equipment would you use to "Poke" or "Prod" an insubstantial manifestation?

as you have stated you wouldnt accept photos, you wouldnt accept corroborated witness acounts, you would accept seeing someone thrown across the room.

i suspect your just here for the sake of the argument, you provide no evidence as to why these accounts are false nor any evidence to discount the possibility that ghosts exist yet demand evidence yourself.

had someone asked me a year ago if ghosts exist i would have said "i dont know, its possible but not very probable" today i will tell you there IS something to all this what it is i cant explain it could be nothing more the after image of a life force, it could be something more aware. You can continue to put your hands over your ears and eyes and yell "IM NOT LISTENING".

truth is often stranger than fiction.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

It's good to be enlightened isn't it? Star!!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Star for you sick. Do me a favor and let the wolf hunt. Just wrong to be cage in.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Actually, it's a poor raccoon dog, you know, the innocent creatures that are being skinned alive in China for their fur.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Skinned alive. Jesus. They can't afford to put a pellet in its head first? I just puked in my mouth a little.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
they are real

ive been face to face with a family of 3 ghosts....a man, women and young girl.....this was on the bend of a road leading me to think that they were killed in a road accident

it was an experience that i will never forget

i dont attribute ghosts religion or any falacy like that......they are energies in this world that hang around for different reasons

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I know. There is a thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
Caution graphic

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I think that the problem with these types of topics- ghosts, aliens etc, are that people are too closed minded and unwilling to accept any evidence, no matter how exceptional it is. These people need to have their own personal experience for themselves, and those of us lucky(?) enough to have had these types of experiences can do nothing to convince them otherwise. I guess we have these experiences partly because we are more open minded, and most likely more sensitive to these things.

I worked at a haunted movie theater, and it was a big joke about the "ghost" in the projection booth. I believed people, but many others did not and thought the witnesses were just crazy or stupid. I actually saw this thing, a big black mass of shadow, and it physically hit a movie platter right behind me as i was leaving the area. I then didnt just believe those other peoples stories, I was now a part of the stories.

I think its just about being open to things, and accepting what you see and experience instead of trying to come up with "rational" explanations for them. I am sure that most people, even the biggest skeptics, have had an experience they could not explain, but somehow convinced themselves that there was a logical explanation, just to get over it and maintain their belief system.

To the OP, if you truly want to know if ghosts are real, open yourself up to the idea and go looking for them. Find local areas that are said to be haunted, or maybe a friends house that has a ghost. Just be open to it and I am sure you will get something, even if its just the strong feeling of a presence around you. It can be very strong, so be ready with your "logical explanation" to ensure that you dont get too scared

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Could not have said that any better myself evo. Why some are 'touched' and others not will never be known. So very well said.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Evo ...I completely agree ...

And I have also seen something ....no one believes me and no one will more than likely ever believe me ...I was not sleeping either ...it woke me up ...by sitting on my bed then trying to claw my eyes out ...

I did not believe demons could actually appear and us actually be able to see them .....I had never seen one ever and was a big skeptic..I have not even seen angels at any time except in dreams ...I didnt believe in ghosts either ..I believed the dead are sleeping ...as the word says they are ...
So this is not made up and was not just in my mind ...neither did I make it manifest itself to me ..

The part that was the worst part that scared me the most was ..it would not give up and it had WEIGHT ...yes I could feel it ..it was not solid ..but heavy ..I mean like I had to push to keep it from my eyes ..and it was FAST ....and was horrific looking ....and was like a really thick smog only with a form of something else ...cant explain it ..
scares me even remembering it ...gotta stop ..I dont want it to ever come back again ...*This was years ago ....

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Huh, feelings hurt? What are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Okay, I have been watching this thread with great interest and figured it was time for me to throw in my two cents. I often equate the paranormal with the UFO phenomenon. They both are things that you really have to experience firsthand before you can become a concrete believer.

While I have never had an UFO sighting I still want to believe that something is happening, and if it all turns out to be mass hysteria sprinkled with some hoaxes I would not be surprised because I was never confronted with evidence to prove its real.

When it comes to the paranormal I am very bias. As I have stated in my introduction thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I had two seperate paranormal experiences, one at age 5 and another at age 11. I have never ever told anyone about my experience at age 11 mainly for the reason that if it did not happen to me I am not sure I would believe it. Also to tell anyone my story would open me up to ridicule from hard core skeptics like dave420.

All I can really add to this thread is to ask the hard core skeptics to have a little more compassion for those that have had "experiences". No, proving the existence of Ghosts is next to impossible at this point in time, but hopefully in the future technology will become available to prove finally one way or the other. For us that has had "experiences" we have all the proof we need.

Dave420, I understand your opinion that "you can not believe everything you see" and I somewhat agree with you. Like I said I had 2 "experienes" and the one I had at 5 could very well fit that description. It was a fleeting full body apparition, could it have been a trick of the eyes? Of course cause it was so quick. My experience at age 11 was a whole different story. You say you want proof but yet you call people that believe "arrogant" and "irrational".

Well sir I think you are "arrogant" to belittle us and "irrational" then to demand proof. Like my signature says "you will never understand what you are not willing to accept". Before you try and understand the paranormal phenomenon you must first at least be willing to accept the possibility that it is real, if not no amount of proof will convince you.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Hi Jw.....I just wanted to say I enjoyed your post and your introductory post was awesome ...
I would really really love to hear details about your experiences ...
I am interested in this subject too and wont ridicule you at all for sharing it ...

Your avatar is a little scary though lol ..

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I just do not believe in ghosts. When a person dies, they don't come back to haunt the living.

I do, however, believe in demons. I believe that all the things people have seen and experienced are not ghosts, but demons. Demons do have the ability to take on the form of any being they choose...so they choose (sometimes) our loved ones that have passed on. What better way to deceive us than through our on wants and desires to see someone that we cared about.

The Bible says that when a person dies, they do not come back. I believe that. I also believe the devil would like nothing more than to lead us into believing the lie to make us believe the Bible is wrong.

Don't flame too hard now, it's just what I believe.

Marilyn~

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jwstarry

I am not ridiculing anyone. I am simply pointing out when people are being irrational. Don't want me doing that? Then don't be irrational. Problem solved.

If you think demanding proof is irrational, well, there's no hope for you. And if you think assuming one's senses are functionally perfect isn't arrogant, there's even less hope for you.

You are embracing ignorance, not denying it. You are assuming truths based on intrinsically-flawed experiences.

ANY actual proof would convince me. Just because I'm not jumping on the believers' band-wagon don't think I'm not open to the idea. I just require proof. That is rational. Believing without proof is irrational. I am willing to accept anything. I just need proof before I believe.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jwstarry

Just to set things straight, if this was directed at me at all. I am not a skeptic. I am an open minded skeptic. Obviously, there is something going on here. People are seeing these things. I have an EVP. I have even recorded an orb on film.

It's just the jumps to conclusions that are bothering me. Such as all UFOs come from aliens. When I think, as I have stated, that they could very well be government crafts. I understand why people might see an apparition and think it's a ghost. That's well and fine. But what if there is something else going on here? And what about some of the contrary evidence as stated in the original topic starter. And the dinosaurs! Yes, the dinosaurs, lol, but it's a valid point.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I've never seen a ghost. Never had a paranormal experience. Never seen a UFO. I guess I need to get out more.

But after reading this thread..I have a question for those that have seen ghosts. If ghosts are supposed to be spirits or energy, why are they still wearing clothes? Are they always wearing what they were buried in?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join