It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Ghosts are not Real

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
i guess like anything that unless your've seen it with your own eyes your going to be sceptical.

i've seen a family member shortly after death though it wasent them in full clothing, it was more of a shadowy figure. maybe i wanted so much to see them again or maybe it really was them...who really knows.

havent you 'felt' a presence around you before though no-one was there?
i get this feeling all the time... i dont question it as such, i just know there there for a reason and go on with my life.

re ghosts around trade centre or other disaster sights ect.... they are there. people who are open more to the 'unknown' tend to see and feel more paranormal than others. there are prob heaps of people who have seen ghosts in these areas. you just cant say 'they're arent any there', just b/c you yourself havent seen them.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I tend to believe ghosts are real and surround each of us right now. Of course I can't provide real proof for that, but I do agree what the person before me posted. Sometimes I feel the presence of someone/something while I'm absolutly positive shure I'm all alone in the room/house.

What about ground zero that should be crowded with ghost and ghost sightings that should happen there constantly according to what happend there on that dreadfull day?

I tend to believe that ghost sightings are but anomalies, we 're not supposed to see them and therefore the chances of seeing a ghost-appearence during our live-span or like 1 in 1 trillion.

The fact that some people actually see ghost-appearences are more likely bugs in 'the system' either the frequencies ghosts are normally in swap occasionnaly to a frequency that is in our visual range. Or the other way around of course...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Ecclesiastes 9:5

I don't see what is so complicated about that. The dead die, and go to a sleep, until they are awakened at the Last Day for Judgement, when they will be put into Heaven or into Hell. If God chooses to awaken a spirit for some specific purpose, who am I to say different? It happened with King Saul- (I Samuel 28:7-14). He went to a witch to have her bring up the spirit of dead Samuel, so he could consult Samuel one last time. The witch was astonished that she actually GOT Samuel, and not the demons or the fakery she was expecting to pull on him! So God must allow it in some circumstances, I suppose.

But No, there is no such thing as ghosts just wandering around "unfulfilled" or whatever. That's garbage. It's a lie from the devil to distract people an turn them away from true doctrine and the Bible.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by Sonya610

You say that with such conviction, yet I bet if I asked you to provide evidence (and not anecdotal evidence - for that is not evidence), you'd fail.

So, please cough up this evidence, where people have registered readings on multiple occasions on multiple instruments in a controlled environment. "My said they once saw a ghost" is not evidence. An interesting story, yes, but not evidence.

[edit on 28/8/08 by dave420]

I believe and its because i trust my family when they say they have experienced 'ghostly' events.

But the next time my family see's something chilling, i'll tell them to wear an infra red camera, several microphones an tape recorders and other various bits of equipment.... Because that seems like it's the only way you and the other so called debunkers will ever be happy. What a stupid and preposterous notion, how can anyone prove this unexplainable phenonema?

Oh and for the record, animal ghosts can exist.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Some researchers believe that the spirit souls see themselves as they were. So they manifest wearing the clothes that they were wearing when they died, or at the happiest or most troubled times in their life. When I saw my kittie, she projected how she looked when she was in her best health, not as she was when she died.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well, if ghosts are not real then how come someone/something has pressed the button to test the smoke alarm when I am in the bath and other inconvient situations, also the thing about my ankles being grabbed and legs being poked.

I just I am insane then, can't be anything like ghosts then?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I had made a couple threads on this subject a while back. First, my personal experiences, My personal expirence working at the Stanley Hotel and The physics of ghosts (a theory). These two threads show what my belief is on the subject of ghosts and what experiences I have had.

It all boils down to, just because we haven't all experienced something personaly doesnt mean that it does not exist.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

and yet some feel it perfectly acceptable to discard that notion of required evidence when it suits their presumptions of the universe, whether they are based on guesses, or a desire for something greater to exist.

THIS is why our theory of the universe is so "confusing" for scientists. They are stuck on their dogmatic "Gravity-only" way of interpretating things, and when things don't make sense in their "Theories" they make up (mathematically) equations using the same factors and twist them or throw a perfect twist to it to make the equation work, constituting their EVIDENCE. They don't have any hard evidence that black holes even exist! They don't understand the formation of planetary bodies, galaxies, all because they have shut down any outside opinions based on old ass calculations and observations. We have so much better technology now-we can take pictures/measurements of almost anything we want in the Universe (obviouslly not even close, but all different kinds (red-shift, etc.), we have super-computers that can do more calculation kinda work in days than physicists can do in a lifetime...Why, if we've evolved and improved everything we use and do today, IN 60 years have we not accepted that electricity/magnetism rules the universe, and that gravity is the weakest of the force of the cosmos??? Not even accepted, but took into consideration? I'm sorry honestly for this off-topic rant, but that was the most beautiful quote I'd seen (for what I was thinkin at the time).

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by Sonya610

I'm not being rude, I'm just trying to figure out why a grown human being would waste energy and effort on a phenomenon that has to yet be demonstrated to anyone.

Seems to me that your wasting energy & effort on something you DON'T believe in...surely thats worse?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Scole Experiment.
Helen Duncan.
ISARTOP.
worlditc.com.

Lots of proof. More proof than any holyman has ever given on the existence of deities.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
A while back they said the earth was flat .And that was a fact. Facts are wrong from time to time . who to say ghosts arnt real . BOO lol peace out

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
To say that you can't show evidence of ghosts therefore they're just fables akin to the 'tooth fairy' is hypocritical considering for instance, no one here can show me proof of the existance of, say, planet Neptune without submitting blurry photos and anecdotal info from some guy with 'Dr.' in front of his name...

Btw, I do believe the existance of Neptune..I was just making a point.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

If I were to see anything "ghostlike" around me, I could chose from many different theories to try to explain what it may or may not be.

I have not yet had any experience that would compel me to believe in ghosts. So, at this point, I don't.

But now consider this: Recently a motion activated security camera became activated in the early morning inside a school and captured a "ghostlike" image. The image does not appear to be an out of focus spider or out of focus bug as it seems to cast a shadow on a distant floor.

www.youtube.com...

I don't presume to know what the image is, and even if we were to confirm that the image is not a camera anomaly, I still could think of several theories besides "ghosts" (spirits of dead people) to fit the evidence, for example, physical beings (people or aliens, or whatever) wearing some cloaking device that manages to camouflage most of its appearance but not at very high contrast. I suppose many other people can come up with all kinds of theories.

I am intrigued by this case. Although I still don't know what it is.

-rrr

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

Just a question you say you would know when your dead? doesn't make sense with what you are arguing about how can you say science to prove ghosts truthfully & then say you know when your dead?

The only way you would know if your dead is if you had died before?

So why do you discredit people who believe in ghost.

Everyone to there own

enigma

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Dave420 said:

You are indeed overbearingly assumptive if you think your experiences are the be-all and end-all of reality. Which you must, if you trust them so much to alter your perspective of the world.

Can anyone else detect the irony here?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
We all have spirits, this is not our first and last life. If people think they won't exist anymore after they die then that's a sad thought. I don't know why people think they live once and then that's the end. There is no proof because we don't have enough technology to "catch" them. But that doesn't mean they don't exist. From what I researched: Ghosts are spirits of people who make their own prison. For some reason they don't think they deserve to reincarnate and they stay on Earth until the thing they regret changes, the thing they want to be done is completed or until they think they payed for their actions and then they move on. Not everyone that dies stays on Earth. That's why you don't see ghosts in New York. Spirits stay mostly when they killed someone, suicide or when they want their body buried. We are all eternal.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Ghosts are not real because the whole concept of having a "Soul" (that alot of people hold on too) is false in itself.

Our brain gives us our self-coinciousness, personalities and such. It's all a awesome combination of chemicals that are triggered through experiences. Old and new. I could go deeper in on how this process works but that's not what this thread is for and surely those interested in it can look it up themselves

It''s really scary for alot of people to realise this, because it makes you oh so less special. And it doesnt give you the sanctuary of having a life after death. Personally, I can't even grasp the fact why people even get it in their heads that our "sprits" live on and such. How arrogant is that?

News flash: You are not THAT special.

We are a product of our brains, everyone you meet on the street is a evidence of this.

Energy, now thats something different. People who die might have their life energy "released" and maybe this could manifest into what we call paranormal sightings. Thats all speculations though

EDIT: Let me add that I have had my fare share of paranormal experiences. I have felt chakra's, seen aura's and felt energy flow through my hands (as if I was wading them in water
) - However this is no proof that I have a "soul" or a "spirit". We could very well have some sort of energy flowing through us, but that does not mean that this energy is "me".

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Tunedbeats]

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Tunedbeats]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I've always heard that spirits or ghosts are souls that are not yet ready to move on to the afterlife, for whatever reason.

Perhaps MOST people are ready to move on to the afterlife, whatever it may be. It's those that are not that remain on this planet, stuck in limbo, if you will, until their issue is resolved.

Anyway, I'm not a believer in ghosts. I saw a quote somewhere once ... it may have been here on ATS. But, it was something to the point of: Why, in pictures of ghosts, are all of them wearing clothes?

I live in a city which has, supposedly, one of the most haunted buildings in America:
Waverly Hills Asylum
Google Video this place. There's several videos. One of which is of Ghost Hunters when they did an episode on the place.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join