It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Ghosts are not Real

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I don't see any of those things happening. They seem like illogical choices. It also doesn't explain when someone dies why that house becomes and stays haunted even when they're relatives move out.

link   
Jesus God Sonya.....my puter skills are limited at best. What is your problem with me. I tried. Get off my back.

link   
reply to post by dave420

Okay... If someone witnessed a murder but no one believed him because no body, dna or evidence was found and he didn't have a camera, is he irrational? Just because ONE person witnessed something, alone, is he to be discounted completely? I really do not get your argument at all, I am afraid.

Did you watch TV yesterday? Yes? Can you prove it? Did anyone see you? did you take pictures? No? Dismissed!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

YES! EXACTLY! Why are there no DINOSAUR GHOSTS! Whether you were joking or not it is an excellent point none the less.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

I agree exactly! I really do. However the strange "something" is the fantastic ability of our brains and sensory systems to confuse us.

If I saw something thrown across the room, it still wouldn't make me an instant believer, as it wasn't in a controlled environment. That is my whole point - believing in something based on your own experiences is not rational. We are too easily flawed. Our perspective on the world is intrinsically limited, and often flat-out wrong, and yet we have no way to actually realise that. That is why relying on our experiences is irrational.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Jesus God Sonya.....my puter skills are limited at best. What is your problem with me. I tried. Get off my back.

Okay sheesh. I am a misanthrope. And your posts just reeked of "save the soon to be extinct 6 billion humans" and that irked me.

I apologize if I was snipey.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

It doesn't really count in a case like this. With so many people witnessing ghosts like this they should be able to get results in a controlled, experimental setting if such things were real.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What if there was not only one witness, but two or more witnesses? That have happened to me before. Me and my friend were just having a conversation when all of sudden we saw a black smoke figure. As soon as we pointed it out, the screen door opened and it whizzed out. We both looked at each other and asked did you see that? We both described it in the exact same detail.

I understand that it is not evidence for anyone else. It is evidence to me and my friend. It is not irrational to believe this.

As someone else points out, many people have no understanding of how the internet or technology works and yet they believe that they will work. It's like for example a member of a tribe deep in the jungle witnessing people going in a giant bird and flying off. He would return to the tribe and describe it to others. They might laugh at him and tell him that it's easily explainable or maybe he was seeing things or that his senses lied to him.

This is not exactly a ghost website, but it is a very good site with a lot of legitimate research in NDE (Near Death Experience) which point to survival after death.

www.near-death.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

Honey, that would take over the entire thread ... I've had a lifetime of experiences (too many to number). If you look around you'll doubtless come across my ramblings here and elsewhere. If you want to take time to seek them out I'd be very happy to answer any questions you might have about how I determined specific incidents were the real McCoy and others were down to imagination or natural phenomenon.

But I'd be willing to bet whatever I said you'd still think it was all make believe and I was 'away with the faeries' (and just for the record 'santa claus' does exist ... he's not only a member here on ATS we're also on each others 'friends' list). So if you want to make the effort I'll be waiting ... if not and my presumptions are correct then we've saved ourselves a lot of time with pointless to & fro posts.

I'm serious by the way, if you find and read my stuff I will answer any questions you have (in a new thread if necessary).

Woody

ps Hey there 'jpm1602' my old friend, how goes it ?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
But you make an assumption that we know ALL there is to know about science. We don't. Any scientist will tell you that.

link   

Yes - if he absolutely believes it was a murder, that is irrational. It could have been staged. Or the person might not have died. Assuming it is a murder is irrational. Of course it's still possible it was a murder, which is why the cops should be involved, but to say it definitely was a murder is, as strange as it may seem to you, irrational.

And no, I didn't watch TV. However I did watch some TV on my computer, which I'm fairly sure happened, as I can repeat it ad infinitum on request to anyone who wishes to observe. I can do it in a controlled environment, with any scientific instrument you want measuring it. That is the difference

link   
So, please cough up this evidence,

Cough up the evidence that we even exist.
Cough up any evidence at all that proves anything 100%.
Even the most basic things on a human scientific level are said by us to be 99.99999999etc%.
Why do you think that is?
There is no logic in life and death.What is in between maybe.

link   

Originally posted by Soulstone

You are the OP, so if feeling are hurt be prepared to be the big man and settle things peacefully. It is not a matter of choice.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Sonya610]

link   
I've seen a lot of questional and possibly even some delusional stuff. But, for someone else to start a thread like this with this title to me is just baiting. If it makes your quality of life better to disagree with others and just go on as if everything else is normal, then that's your thing.

You'll eventually know when your time comes if it's true or not. People also now talk about interdimensionals beings that may be part of this delusion or illusion.

This site has given me the oportunity to reconnect with whatever sanity I had left. Becoming skeptical can mean of many sources and to realize 'as if' I'm finally not alone anymore........on the internet.

I occasionally watch Paranormal State and usually thinks it could be faked or staged for the show. There was one episode where there was as if some ghost of some schizo who drowned that had supposedly said through a psychic: "It's cold, so very cold."

I connected with it from some similar experiences as if by premonition or what some now call:remote viewing. The BS part of all of this is obcessing over who is right and who's wrong. Maybe we do live in some type of matrix or program also. Whatever.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

That reduces the likelyhood of it being a sensory "burp", but it's still not ruled out. Just as when many people see one of those internally-illuminated blimps and assume it's an alien spacecraft - they're still wrong, no matter how many people swear to God that it was a alien spacecraft. Believing it was an alien spacecraft is irrational.

That tribe person might have been seeing things. That's what I'm saying. Rule that out and you have a point

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So Dave, by your logic, a photo of pluto isn't proof that it is real. Show me proof Pluto is real. Photos and the accounts of people who have seen it aren't enough. They are irrational.

We don't know what emotions are. Give me proof that emotions exist. Your own accounts aren't enough, they are irrational.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
ok I'll bite. where are all the dinosaur ghosts then? and neanderthal ghosts?

That's millions of years ago. Their energies would have been dispersed by then.

link   
Actually, atoms are energy. We are made of atoms. It's not just biochemical. What do you think all those chemicals are made of?
Einstein proved that energy cannot be destroyed, it can only change form.

On a personal note, I've seen a full body apparition and had many strange experiences, some of which included witnesses.

link   
reply to post by dave420

Just because you are alone and cannot corroborate an event through other witnesses does NOT mean it did not take place.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingwoody

Star for you!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join