It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Lied. Plain. Simple. Proof.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
yes i agree that the math is probably worng. the distances and sizes could be wrong as well as the makeup. perhaps to hide the true identity of our history. But planets do exist. You can see them on telescopes. they have been worshipped before the god of the bible ever was. So dont try to state that they dont exist.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It seems to me (Now please take this with respect) that you are relatively new to the conspiracy world (year or two) and are still stuck on the idea about God and the bible, so in order to make it more feasible for you to comprehend the universe on a grand scale without disowning your personal beliefs you decided that nothing is real but what God was said to create...

Whoa...

Let's us hope the Rapture comes soon for you, because you are going to have a very hard time trying to prove your theories to people who actually like to think for a hobby...

Good Luck.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
i hope you are not talking to me....

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
WOW...I thought this guy was just trolling for arguments. He actually believes this..
. Love the religious fanatics...the more insane, the better I say, they make life more enjoyable by watching them make an a** of themselves

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
So, you are telling me, when i look out of my telescope im seeing a bunch of lies?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
ya i think he is sayign that. Which is most absurd. Talk about easily convinced of something.
Weight of man's soul - 1/8 of and ounce
Number of humans -6 billion
=46875000 lbs
That means that god must be really heavy.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
I have always known this, but didn't have the smarts to calculate it ........ snip....... not puffed up vanity armchair science

From those two statements, I can't tell whether you concur with the OP, or mocking him. Care to clarify that?

Get on a marry go round and find out what happens if the world were to spin

Um, escuse me but - there is no gravity within a merry-go-round.

No planets in space .......... oh my gawd, I just still can't get over this !!!

[edit on 16/8/08 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParaFreaky
reply to post by peacejet

These are the craziest claims I've ever heard! Space doesn't exist! Since when did religious folks have something against space! Don't they believe god created the stars and the galaxies? Sheesh...

I thought Santa Clause was real until I grew up. What sucks is finding out that everything you thought was true and trusted in blindly with no "First Hand" experience to justify your judgment is simply not true.

Numbers don't lie, but scale can fool...have you ever stood 10 feet back from a person and squashed them between your fingers, you can do the same with the moon...Your not really squashing them, it just looks like it, by way of illusion, plus it's fun to do to your friends.

You don't really believe David Blane can float on air do you, or that David Copperfield can make the statue of liberty disappear into thin air. It's awing don't get me wrong, but it's not real. It provokes an emotional response, not a rational one. Be like Spock...Logic Captain and less like Lucy...."Ohhhhh Ricky"....We just need to remember that we live in a glass house...no stone throwing...Peace

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   

with no "First Hand" experience to justify your judgment is simply not true.

My "First Hand" experience, thru the eyepiece of my own damn telescope, verifies planets exist.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Well in THAT case, I'm gonna make up my OWN perception of outer space. The Milky Way is a huge vanilla and chocolate swirl of endless ice cream goodness! Oh, oh, and let's see: the moon is a gigantic, endless supply of sugar! Weee! More sweet tea for me! Oh? Why not an ENDLESS FOUNTAIN OF TEA THAT IS WHAT WE THINK IS JUPITER?! There's a better idea! OMG, the sun is made of, of, creeeeaaaaam saaaavors!

*pant, pant*

IN OTHER LESS PSYCHOTIC WORDS, if everything isn't what it seems, then everything can't have just one purpose or explainatin. IF, what you're implying is true, than the universe could be what we WANT to be. Now THAT would be disasterous, now wouldn't it? There has to be some kind of logic to this; and it isn't, in my belief, any of divinity.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Dammit, wrong edit box

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Reply to hey_amigo:

Planets don't exist?
So when i went to the two observatories that i've been to, and viewed the planets, moon et al, i was not actually seeing them, it was a giant screen or a computer image?

I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

I have always known this, but didn't have the smarts to calculate it ........ snip....... not puffed up vanity armchair science

From those two statements, I can't tell whether you concur with the OP, or mocking him. Care to clarify that?

Get on a marry go round and find out what happens if the world were to spin

Um, escuse me but - there is no gravity within a merry-go-round.

No planets in space .......... oh my gawd, I just still can't get over this !!!

Gravitation is a natural phenomenon by which all objects with mass attract each other, and is one of the fundamental forces of physics. In everyday life, gravitation is most commonly thought of as the agency that gives objects weight. ... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity

Gravity is weight, ask Issac Newton. What is said above is that things with mass will bump into other things with mass as opposed to nothing. This isn't a mystery force, it is mass and mass will interact with other things with mass. Density is the key to anti-gravity, check out a ballon sometime. Fill it with air, stays on the ground. Fill it with helium and it floats. Less dense gas has buoyancy in the heavier air.

I respect everyone here. None of you are dumb, but none of you know cause you haven't been there including the op. I stand with the op. He has done his homework and handed it in. The teacher will grade it not you who are students yourselves. These things are offensive to you all because your lives are based on these "Truths" and you have worked hard to see your results. No one can fault your dedication to your belief's, but the hardest thing to do is to see your own faults. I feel for you, because no one likes to find out they have been lied to and the easiest thing to do is "Scapegoat" the messenger. If you humbled yourselves you might learn somethings. When your done learning, your done....Peace to all

[edit on 16-8-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Telling me what gravity is, is irrelevant considering you are equating the earth with a merry-go-round.
A merry-go-round doesn't have its own force of gravity to keep the kids from spinning off - the Earth does.
How hard is that to understand?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

but none of you know cause you haven't been there including the op.

I, and a gazillion others, have indeed "been there" via telescopes. You have completely diverted from myself and a couple others asking of this - what am I seeing as Jupiter thru my own telescope if planets don't exist?

You stand by the OP, even tho he has not been there (nor, obviously, has ever looked thru a telescope), yet all he brought was a ramshack of numbers, which are indeed fallable.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

# # for the surface of venus to be proportional to the suns without distance shrinking, # venus would have to be stuck to the sun. this is a distance of the radius 6 051.8 km. # the surface of venus is roughly 13 208 times smaller than the sun. # # this means that roughly every 6 052 km away from the sun venus gets, # venus grows in surface size by 1/13208'th the size of the sun's.

How did you come to that conclusion? Should we verify that fact with calculating both subjects' angular diameter?

Sun's angular diameter at 1AU (149 598 000 km from Earth) :

Theta(sun) = 2 arctan (1/2 d/D) where d is the diameter of the Sun and D is the distance, in this case 1 AU.

Theta(sun) = 2 arctan ( 1/2 1391000/149598000 )
Theta(sun) = 0.00929818566 radians
convert that to degree
0.00929818566 x 180 / pi = 0.53275 degree angular diameter of the Sun at 1AU

Venus' angular diameter at transit (41 400 000 km from Earth) :

Theta(venus) = 2 arctan (1/2 d/D) where d is the diameter of the Venus and D is the distance, in this case 41 400 000 km.

Theta(venus) = 2 arctan ( 1/2 12104/41400000 )
Theta(venus) = 0.000292367148 radians
convert that to degree
0.000292367148 x 180 / pi = 0.01675 degree angular diameter of Venus at transit.

0.53275 / 0.01675 = 31.8

Sun appears almost 32 times the diameter of the Venus at transit.

Seems about right to me. 32 times.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

what am I seeing as Jupiter thru my own telescope if planets don't exist?

An endless fountain of tea.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParaFreaky

Well in THAT case, I'm gonna make up my OWN perception of outer space. The Milky Way is a huge vanilla and chocolate swirl of endless ice cream goodness! Oh, oh, and let's see: the moon is a gigantic, endless supply of sugar! Weee! More sweet tea for me! Oh? Why not an ENDLESS FOUNTAIN OF TEA THAT IS WHAT WE THINK IS JUPITER?! There's a better idea! OMG, the sun is made of, of, creeeeaaaaam saaaavors!

*pant, pant*

IN OTHER LESS PSYCHOTIC WORDS, if everything isn't what it seems, then everything can't have just one purpose or explainatin. IF, what you're implying is true, than the universe could be what we WANT to be. Now THAT would be disasterous, now wouldn't it? There has to be some kind of logic to this; and it isn't, in my belief, any of divinity.

The only divinity is you, go look in the mirror and ask God how he's doing, if you listen, he might tell you. Religion has nothing to do with God friends...please learn this....Please teach this to yourselves...only you can.

Now Dear Children,
Let us learn a lesson from the psalm of Ronnie James Dio...
"Holy Diver, you've been out to long in the midnight sea, oh what's becoming of me, Lookout...ride the tiger, you can see his strips, but you know he's clean...oh don't you see what i mean"..."gotta get away....Holy Diver"

Peace leather eater under sand

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Hey! You didn't say anything about the sun made of cream savors!
What if it was? Would we have any idea?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The moon is God? what is disappointment.
The definition of the word "lunatic", temporary insanity cause by phases of the moon. also defined as mental unsoundness; insanity.

Are you saying that the universe as we know it, is an illusion? Hmmm.

Seriously... you dont think planets are real? NASA has satellite image strips of the complete mars surface. Althought the resolutions isn't that great, it does exist. Also, you think they faked the deep impact mission??

Do you think that the NASA phoenix is a hoax? Really if there were no planets,
the entire world be conspiring. There is way too much science going to support your theory... not only the US, but the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join