It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOXNews-12 yr old SanFrancisco Girl to Russian Troops: Thank You

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Early reports indicated Georgian military attacking Ossetia (likely the propaganda machine wasn't warmed up yet...). Then, when they got rolling, CNN/FOX and the rest of the usual suspects began the smear campaign. Soon all the other "credible and accepted" media outlets were singing in harmony with the "Russia did it" song.
Remember, when FOX or any of the rest, accidentally tell a truth, it is buried immediately and never mentioned again.

www.youtube.com...

We have to take anything "they" say with a grain of salt...and a very small one at that.
They keep us "informed" the way the banks/gov want us to be "informed".

I know Russia has a terrible history...but that terrible history has a LOT to do with Bolshevism, and as I see it, Bolshevism is being removed from their ideology...and at the same time entering ours.

Don't let the truth get muddied down by listening to our "accepted" media, because it is their job to lie to you.
Russia has problems too....like anywhere else in the world, but THIS time, Russia seems to be the innocent and the israeli/US/uk backed Georgia is the criminal...along with its backers.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
While I dont trust our goverment or this administration anymore, even though I voted for them I sure as hell dont trust what the Russian goverment says or does. This looks way to much like propaganda in my opinion. The 12 yr old looks kind of shifty to me. I dont blame her shes just a child. But I also dont think thier doing this because they love the Russians. They might have been paid as part of some giant propaganda loop.

Plus isnt this ATS? I thought this was the home of conspiracies and such. Most of you all seem to quick to lap up what the Russians are dishing out. Thats not what conspiracy theorist are supposed to do. I feel sorry for the Georgians and especially the civilians the Russians are killing but I still remain objective. The Russians should stop and the Georgians should as well. Then the UN or some one should send some people in to find out what in the hell happened and who did what.

I heard on the news a while back that some of the atrocities that were said to have been committed by Georgians were actually committed by Russians, thats what Humans Right watch said. So Im still skeptical though and I sure wont trust the Russians. No offense to any Russians.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I've been studying up on South Osettia and I'm learning quite a bit' of fascinating stuff.

South (and north) Osettia is a unique people with their own language.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Osettians are closely related to the Iranians.

They are mostly Orthodox Christians while Georgia is supposedly 60% Moslem.
(Bet ya' didn't know that..)

The South Osettians go WAY back, way before Georgia broke from Russia and have never wanted to be part of Georgia after it became a break-away.
Modern day Ossetia was annexed by Russia back in 1801...

I don't have the links in front of me but something for you all to chew on.

As far as I'm concerned, this land belongs to the South Ossetians and if they don't want to be part of break away Georgia then so be it. I personally think Georgia should be happy with the land that they have and leave well enough alone. Just because they want the 'land' isn't going to cut it. The Ossetians have made it repeatedly clear that they are loyal to Russia and are not trying to claim anything that doesn't belong to them so what is the big beef? Georgia wants to make their northern border more square? Nah.. It think this has more to do with pawned American globalist hegemony (definitely oil related) than anything else. Hopefully many here are starting to figure out what's really going on.

What's been getting my ire up today is all this mention of the NWO by several high level positions including both the president of Georgia and Turkey.

This NWO stuff just makes me sick. NWO=Babylon or globalist "version" of democracy and it needs to be stamped out like the cancer it is.

I think a thread needs to be started to discuss the history of the South Ossetians and the rationale/ideology behind the claim that Georgia puts on them. (Or should I say, their territory that rightfully belongs to them)

[edit on 16-8-2008 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
First....the little girl is just twelve. Does she really understand world politics? Secondly, she is Russian-American. Her parents are Russian and she is visiting a Russian occupied part of Georgia. Of course she is going to say thank you Russia. Jezzz!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I find this to be very interesting, I was at one of my friends house the other day and he watches fox news.. They actually said Georgia attacked first in order to re take part of their country and Russia is simply going overkill with their retaliation.

Ill have to watch closely over the next few weeks.. I really don't know where to stand on this...on one side Russia seems justified in their attacks and on the other side Georgia seems to be just taking what is actually theirs...

Think if Mexico decided they were going to take California back by force, and we decided to annihilate half of Mexico in retaliation... It isn't exactly the same thing, not by a long shot but you get the picture..

I'm pretty savage in my thinking.. I say if someone attacks your country then obliterate the aggressors, but this whole thing is different.. shrouded in mystery...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
revolutionarypolitics.com...

Russia reacts to Amanda Kokoeva's story and Faux news censorship.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

"Out of time" / "commercial break"?! BS...?
If that woman and child had been cursing the Russian troops I bet that commercial break wouldn't have come. Commercial breaks are so damn convienient for biased tv stations. Don't like what you say, just cut it off and show some commericials for some capitalistic brand to tune your mind back into the right track.

Forget that Georgian troops, backed by American helis and manpower could be the agressors, what that woman said was a lie, because it does not fit the patriotic minds of the states nor the agenda of the system that wants your blind alligence.
At the same time, don't let this be a lesson in what will happen if any free minded state should attempt to dislodge itself from the irongrip of the powers, because they would rather join someone that actually think they way they do themselves.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I believe them. Georgia attacked first and Russia took defensive measures. I believe the west, nato, israel and the New World Order folks are mad Russia isnt playing ball in the New World Order game.

Yeah yeah i know...there is no such thing as a New World Order even when the Georgian president speaks of it.
Georgian President NWO

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by fastwalker23

You have to remember that the nation of Georgia, assisted by American troops is a free democratic nation. And that goes for you too Ossetia! No matter how much your democratic free people don't want to be a part of Georgia, haha.

[edit on 17/8/08 by flice]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Another thing... did you know that Georgia is one of the last nations to still cling to old Stalinism. They still have statues standing around. Russia "took care" of those a long time ago.

Now why is an American president backing a stalinistic democratic country as Georgia? To free it's people? Quid pro quo...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

We will see just how free it is next weekend at the DNC .

enjoy

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I've just been dropping in on a few pages of this thread, and I must say I've seen very few threads online with as much convolution and double talk as this one. People saying that Russians couldn't have been doing the bombing because their people weren't there (which strikes me as the *perfect* time TO do the bombing), and then later saying that the Georgians HAD to have been doing the bombing because their people weren't there. I mean, c'mon....

As far as the 12-year-old girl being coached or not goes, here's my take. EVen though most kids outside of the U.S. are more politically aware than a majority of adults in America, the fact of the matter is that kids are "coached" on a daily basis by their parents and other family members. She may not have been coached for this interview specifically, but I'm sure while they were huddled in the basement her family were all blaming the Georgians. Meanwhile, no one was "topside" to see who was doing the bomging. And let's be honest, if this town was on the front lines, even for ony a day, then it could very well have been *both* sides doing the bombing.

A lot of contributors have listed "the facts" on here, some of which could be debated, but I have not yet seen anyone on here dealing with the undisputed facts:

1) Russia has a history of killing it's own people and/or destroying it's own towns in order to accomplish a military goal, or to prevent something from happening.

2) Vladimir Putin is former KGB, on organization not exactly known for their summer cookie drives.

3) Russia has bullied it's neighbors/customers in the very recent past with threats of cutting off energy supplies.

4) Russia vehemently opposed the construction of the pipeline that runs through Georgia and bypasses Russia entirely.

5) Russia has either blocked or weakened actions against Iran regarding their nuclear program.

6) Russia has actively, and openly, supported an Iranian nuclear program since the waning days of the Soviet Union.

7) Vladimir Putin has openly talked of restoring Russia to its former "glory".

Now, if we look at the world map, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize that if Russia took the path of least resistance (from the world community that is) in reconstituting it's empire, then they would give themselves land borders with both Iran and Pakistan. One nation WITH nuclear weapons, and one nation WANTING nuclear weapons. Is it really so far fetched to think that in a drive for respect, or power, or whatever that Russia (specifically Putin) would balk a facilitating an information exchange between those two countries?

I'm not taking one side or the other, really. All I want to do is point out that this whole thing fits a pattern of Russian behavior and that they have motive upon motive for de-sensitizing the world to this type of action.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Gee, is it possible that this whole affair was a little bit less black and white than RUSSIA GOOD/GEORGIA BAD or vice versa? Maybe, neither side are innocent victims and neither unprovoked aggressors? Maybe both countries are being rather ridiculous and many, many innocent people are losing their lives to two governments trying to see who has the biggest phallus?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fastwalker23
I believe them. Georgia attacked first and Russia took defensive measures. I believe the west, nato, israel and the New World Order folks are mad Russia isnt playing ball in the New World Order game.

Except that Russia can't take defensive measures if it wasn't even attacked.
Georgia didn't do anything to Russia.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

Originally posted by fastwalker23

Except that Russia can't take defensive measures if it wasn't even attacked.
Georgia didn't do anything to Russia.

Don't be so sure .... 90% of people in South Ossetia are Russians .... they even have Russian passport.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hate to tell you, but that "clip" is faked. I saw the original broadcast, and it was not cut as this site claims.

But then again, since when is revolutionarypolitics considered to be an unbiased source? They are openly pro Russian, and pro-communist in their orientation.

The comments posted underneath the clip show their thinking. People saying that Russia doesn't want missiles pointed at them from Poland (these are defensive missiles only), and equating Georgia to the Cuban Missile Crisis.

I was in the military during the Cuban Missile Crisis. How many of you were even alive? The Soviets attempted to put nuclear armed missiles in Cuba, aimed at U.S. cities. Not defensive weapons, but purely offensive ones. They got caught, and they were forced to remove them.

But you stupid fools don't know any real history. You swim in all of your conspiracy nuttiness, and can't see beyond the muck you create in your fould brains.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Fox news is a party to the murder in Georgia by Georgia and its American advisors and mercenaries. They won't even let the victims tell their stories. Where are the "georgian" refugees that have been victimized by Russia? Anybody seen any? I have'nt. And if you start seeing that it will probably be acting done to "prove" Russian "abuses" after the fact of real Georgian abuse against Osettia.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Wrong. Russia moved all the troops there under the cover of an exercise back in June. This was a well planned attack by Russia not the other way around. Check your facts. Russia and the South Ossetian terror squads had been attacking Georgian villages for days before everyone says that Georgia started it with their rockets not bombs.

Everyone knew Russia was going to attack, They did not think that they would on the start of the Olympics though.

Check out the C-span website and watch the program American Enterprise Institute panel on the Russian-Georgia conflict if you want hard facts and details. You will need Realplayer to watch but it is worth it.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
First of all, if the News cut her off and didn't show it again~clearly the Govt. stepped in. They have done this many times before, attempting to "protect" the public. In this case I do believe it has everything to do with Russia protecting Iran!~Someone better stop them!

reply to post by ModernAcademia

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OldMedic

You're the one who is stupid and doesn't understand history. "Defensive missiles"?? Right, like there is a switch on them that nullifies their offensive capabilities. Yeah, they're there for defense. Just like cops defend their fists from protesters faces. And WMDs and 9-11 were the reason for defending ourselves against Iraq. And Hitler needed to defend himself against Austria, or he needed to "protect them. Yes, I believe all that. Sure. Stupid.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join