It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOXNews-12 yr old SanFrancisco Girl to Russian Troops: Thank You

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The analogy is not exact, but that's about how the Russians see it.

For one thing, South Ossetia has been effectively independent since 1991 - IE as long as Georgia has been independent.

Secondly, there were both Ossetian rebels and Russian peacekeepers in South Ossetia, and both were targeted. They are not the same force. The idiots attacked the Russian Army, a massively superior force, and expected to get away with it? Are these jokers playing with a full deck?

Thirdy, Russia has had significant forces on the border because this conflict has been ongoing for 17 years, and going rapidly downhill since Sakaashvili was elected. They'd have to be morons to not have plenty of forces on that border, because it might blow up at any moment, and in fact did.

Lastly, why are Kosovars deserving of their independence and Ossetians not? Is it some magical condition arising from being a US ally?

If the roles were reversed, you'd be making the exact opposite argument you are now, and you know it. But there is one set of rules for them and another set of rules for us apparently.

I have no use for propaganda - theirs or ours.

A pile of BS is a pile of BS no matter what flag is waving over it.

[edit on 8/15/08 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
If they want to be classed as Russians they should move to Russia.

They do indeed. What would You think if someone came to your house, where you had been living for centuries, and, armed with shotgun or rifle, asked you to leave your place for good in order to live in your house himself. Would You like it?

Russians have been supplying separatists in Ossetia...

That is correct, I think. What else could we do? Sit on our ass, watching America bring our unfriendly tiny neighbor weaponry and ammunition galore, coaching his troops against us.

and have been planning this invasion for years, how else do you think they could muster thousands of tanks & troops to cross the border in a matter of hours from when Georgia went to attack the rebels in Ossetia.
Having a neighbor like modern Georgia one can never be at ease. But I admit that this paroxysm of violence on part of Saakashvili caught us with the pants down. We didn’t act quick enough to prevent treacherous killing of our peacekeepers by the ones of Georgia as well as of Ossetian civilians.

Those who think the Georgians commited genocide or ethnic cleansing are living in a fantasy world. The Georgians were attacking terrorists who repeatedly entered and attacked Georgian towns outside of Ossetia, likely requested by Russia and supplied by Russia in expectance of Georgia retaliating and saying enough is enough!
I’ve got an impression you’re raving lunatic yourself, making up what didn't happen, denying obvious things.. And quite inhumane at that...Wake up! There were no terrorists in S.O. Period.

This is only the start of the USS rejoing the R, Russia have targeted Georgia because it's the most democratic state and a highly valuable target in terms of politics. Once Georgia falls under the rule of the Hammer & Sickle the less democratic former Soviet states will fall into line and rejoin the USSR quite easily.

You’d better look at what's been going on in Georgia for the last several years a little bit closer. Your curiosity will be richly rewarded by interesting facts like imprisoning and torture of Saakashvili's political opponents (Irakly Okruashvili), killing his rivals with carbon monoxide (Zurab Zhwania), ravaging opposition demonstrations, cutting off anti-government TV-channels (IMEDI) and Internet, rigging president elections etc. Of course his latest outrage is just a cherry on the cake.
Saakashvili is a far cry from democracy. If not for this war, his own population would have disowned him very soon. Saakashvili came to power in Georgia, when it was a failed state, very poor country, producing nothing, without industry and infrastructure whatsoever. But instead of developing his economy and thinking of prosperity of an ordinary Georgian, Saakashvili concentrated on training his army (with helping hand of American instructors) to kill his own citizens who didn't want to live with him in the same state. He was hoping that this little victorious war will make his people forget about their measle pensions and salaries and absence of any prospects in their lives. He was wrong.

The little girl has likely been spoonfed propaganda to say what she has, she claims the bombs falling were Georgian despite the fact she could not see them, she is either incredibly psychic or she's been spoonfed propaganda in favour of Russia to say this.

Yes, she's been spoonfed with propaganda while Georgian army bombed the house in the basement of which she was hiding herself...It was the Georgian soldiers who spoonfed that propaganda to her with their shells and hand grenades.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Art,Moscow]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Sorry, I may sound inconsiderate - I havent read all the posts, but how would a 12 year old know for sure that it was the geaorgians? Sounds like propaganda to me - the fact she had to point it out.. sounded prompted to me.. just my opinion.. and her aunt is no better.. 2000 people in one day? where does she get her numbers from???

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allinthemind
Sorry, I may sound inconsiderate - I havent read all the posts, but how would a 12 year old know for sure that it was the geaorgians?

Because she was there in the basement while bombs were landing with no Russian army yet present.The Russian army was not there at the time, your only argument would be south osetians blowing up their vilages?

[edit on 15-8-2008 by pepsi78]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
fair point, but being in a basement, how would you know? I know, I may sound cruel, maybe it's because I grew up in a terrorist environment.. who knows? All Im saying is - for a 12 year old to know who exactly is doing what - well.. if Im on tv, I will say what people tell me to say.. no offense.. just sounded a little pre scripted for my liking

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allinthemind
fair point, but being in a basement, how would you know? I know, I may sound cruel, maybe it's because I grew up in a terrorist environment.. who knows? All Im saying is - for a 12 year old to know who exactly is doing what - well.. if Im on tv, I will say what people tell me to say.. no offense.. just sounded a little pre scripted for my liking
The girl couldn't possibly know whence the rockets were flying. Her parents or relatives must have told her that. But that's not the point.
The point is that it's not a secret to anybody where the rockets came from.
Look for more information. There were no Georgian troops in Tschinval at the time when the bombardment started. So do you really think it was Russia who for several hours killed its own citizens (most of the population of the town) and peacemakers and razed the town it would later protect? I can't discern any logic in that.
Sounds a bit like communists setting Reihstag at fire.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

You are spot on. Most people dont realise that eventually the US Govt would like to start hostile relations against Iran because of the blockage and does not want Russian interference when it does, so what better way than to distract it with its own conflict right on its doorstep.

As for the girl & her aunty they did seem like they had a plan to speak politically and had rehearsed what to say, especially the girl out of no where just comes right out and says it was Georgian troops dropping bombs when she said just a minute earlier she did'nt see any bombs.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Originally posted by star in a jar
That young lady has every right to thank the Russians, The Russians saved her from the Georgian soldiers/bombs. I thank the Russians for protecting the South Ossetians and making the Neocon/Bohemian/Bilderbergian/Rocketfeller crew look criminal. I hope citizen arrests are around the corner for these world stage players. 2.000 South Ossetians died, and these Western power players are responsible for their deaths. They green-lighted the genocide artillery.

Now that the missile shield is out of Georgia, probably for good, Poland is the New host of the unproven Patriot antimissle defense system. I believe no patriot has ever intercepted a Scud when Saddam was lobbing it at Israel. Israel kept much of the casualty rate suffered by the Scuds a secret, as not to give pleasure to Saddam Hussein. I feel sorry for the Polish, they're next on the poo list.

It could only be a matter of time before a plane is shot down over Poland, or antimissile batteries are built on England.

Is this what you call protection by the Russians? Shooting at Journalists?

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Quazga]

And you know it is russians shooting because..?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I can't believe you people buy into these two Russian propaganda plants.... Well, actually considering how nutty some of the theories I read on this site are, I suppose I can.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
From everything I understand Georgia is the instigator by invading and commencing ethnic cleansing. Whatever other reasons Russia may have in this, the fact is they had no choice but to go in. And Georgia is just a nwo pawn, following orders.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
All i know, is that the media is hyping this just like they did the iraq conflict.

like a kid running to his mom after his teacher took his favorite hat after he was beating a kid with it.

" mom, i was sittin there doing nothing but school work, an my teacher said, thats a ugly hat im going to take it "

about as one sided as a doubled headed quarter.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Since when has the news media EVER told the true. My father-in-law, owner of a newspaper, couldn't even get straight the story of his son wining the science fair with the kid sitting next to him while he wrote it

The ONLY thing you can believe is the sports scores, everything else is the subject of a very large grain of salt. For example my friend who died scuba diving. The other divers gave a WRITTEN STATEMENT but the newspaper reported he got run over by a Russian trawler

The best that can be done is try to piece together what happen from the bits of truth the "offical" news media mistakenly reports.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
First of all, the interview wasn't that bad. And the cutting-off not blatant at all. The interviewer certainly seemed to sympathise with her.

Second, both sides in this conflict have committed atrocities. Naturally, anyone who is saved from bombs falling on them is going to feel like their saviors are the good guys. And remember this is a child. She's naturally less capable of understanding the bigger picture. Naturally, her opinions are childish. Kind of like George Bush's.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I have to say, everything I've seen so far (not only this video) does paint the Georgians as quite psychotic, and the Russians seem to be stepping in and taking charge like any responsible nation should.

The first thing I heard about all this was the Georgians razing a village in South Ossetia. This is not a good way of suppressing rebels, it's a good way of killing civilians, and they know it.

The Russians seem to have done the just thing, as far as I have seen.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
My opinion. Which like I said is only an opinion. Both sides are wrong. Georgia decided it was going to take back some of its land, by force. In the process many innocent people died. Russia responded by securing the area (which I believe was the right thing to do because of the civilian death toll, not because of the land issue). Then Russia invaded Georgia and did the same thing to them. That was Russia's mistake. If they would have just secured SO then reported on the humanitarian issue's the rest of the world would see who the real victims are. Now Russia and Nato are going to be in a 50 yr long pissing match over who was right. Who knows maybe there is more to it.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Dear Americans!
Just wanna tell you who is a real aggressor: defiantly madman president of Georgia. On Friday was information that georgia started bomb attack of peaceful populace of Ossetian city. Only next day Russia brought troops into a town to help peaceful populace.
I know lots of people from Georgia- they do not like their president. I know some people from Ossetia- all of them said that only Georgian is guilty.
I’m saying that not because I so love my government. No! I have lot’s of questions to my president. But in this situation he’s absolutely right. That’s true.
And that 12-y-o girl told truth. 100%. Your TV lies. That’s fact.
And one more thing (my explanation why American government needs to show us, Russians, as an aggressor):
Before this war Barak Abama was leading according to previous voting. What does Abama promise? He promises to find out who is guilty in Iraq war. It’s dangerous for some from your government. So, your politics needs McCein to win voting. How could McCein do that? He is strong in ….war only. Now, when your TV shows Russia as an aggressor it gives to McCein opportunity to show his “strengths”.

Please, think about that.

russian girl

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I have been looking for info on this article, I found it in the forum where the link is ot the video. My problem is, it is on rense.com, and I know few place much stock in what is found there.

The name of the author and the name of the page is there, but when I go to the website, I can't find it.

I have googled and searched and all roads seem to lead back to rense.com.. So I know some of you guys are research geniuses. Could you find the original article and any info proving it is for real? This is an important article if it is real. Here is a link to the rense.com page, and the first paragraph, you will see why it is important if it is real. TIA

www.rense.com...

By Byron J. Richards, CCN
NewsWithViews.com
8-15-8

Note: This article was written by a retired Lt.-Col. in the U.S. military, who is currently residing in Russia. His article here helps clear up much of the misinformation people have been fed by the sadistic folks in Washington who are trying to promote WWIII. -ed

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

here's the post you all guys need to read .. it's on another thread .... but you will know more things just from this post then the whole thread ...

www.youtube.com...
And here's one of many videos about what ia happening there ..... first time it was posted it had around 150K views and was removed ....

www.youtube.com...
and one more video ... with timeline of events ...

[edit on 16-8-2008 by baburak]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
CNN use footage of Tskhinvali ruins to cover Georgian report

This example of CNN disinfo appeared very briefly on Google News a few days ago:

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join