It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOXNews-12 yr old SanFrancisco Girl to Russian Troops: Thank You

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
I wish I lived in a country that had a leader who gets a 90% approval rating from his citizens. Putin must be one hellava guy.

Do you know that our president is Medvedev? He was elected by 70% of voters despite massive TV propaganda. For once I was not among them. I assure you he's not that cool. Neither is Putin. Of course not as stupid as Bush. But the main advantage of American democracy is that it can have a fool for president, surrounded by experts and counsellors.
Do you know how many Georgian voters supported Saakashvilli at the January elections. More than 60%. Not a great difference.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by l0ngsh0t
Interesting - you think that they would find anything worse than the HRW has found themselves? We actually have checks and balances to ensure that we are holding ourselves to a higher standard.
[edit on 15-8-2008 by l0ngsh0t]
[edit on 15-8-2008 by l0ngsh0t]

Please don't tell me about high standards. Of course your domestic politics is far more democratic than that in Russia. But what a bloody mess of a politics has your tackling of your international problems been all these years. You remind me of a hedgehog. Softer inside, with his sharp pricks directed outwards, to the rest of the world. That's why hardly anybody in the world has warm feelings about you.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
That young lady has every right to thank the Russians, The Russians saved her from the Georgian soldiers/bombs. I thank the Russians for protecting the South Ossetians and making the Neocon/Bohemian/Bilderbergian/Rocketfeller crew look criminal. I hope citizen arrests are around the corner for these world stage players. 2.000 South Ossetians died, and these Western power players are responsible for their deaths. They green-lighted the genocide artillery.

Now that the missile shield is out of Georgia, probably for good, Poland is the New host of the unproven Patriot antimissle defense system. I believe no patriot has ever intercepted a Scud when Saddam was lobbing it at Israel. Israel kept much of the casualty rate suffered by the Scuds a secret, as not to give pleasure to Saddam Hussein. I feel sorry for the Polish, they're next on the poo list.

It could only be a matter of time before a plane is shot down over Poland, or antimissile batteries are built on England.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
[By the by, according to The Moscow Times...

"Gutted and shrapnel-scarred buildings testify to fierce street battles and heavy rocket and bomb attacks in the separatist capital of South Ossetia." Of course they did not want to do the civilians that lived in the buildings any harm. Then why bomb civil quarters in the first place?

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Several residential areas seemed to have little damage, except for shattered windows, perhaps from bomb concussions.

Well, if shattered windows from bomb concussions is your normal environment, I suggest you chose some safer place to live in.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The break-away areas exist only in the Russians imaginations.

Really? Tell that to the people of South Ossetia. The people who actually matter in all of this.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by malganis

If they want to be classed as Russians they should move to Russia.

Ossetia is a part of Georgia it is not it's own state, Russia is the only nation which recognises it as a separate entity to Georgia.

Russians have been supplying separatists in Ossetia and have been planning this invasion for years, how else do you think they could muster thousands of tanks & troops to cross the border in a matter of hours from when Georgia went to attack the rebels in Ossetia.

Those who think the Georgians commited genocide or ethnic cleansing are living in a fantasy world. The Georgians were attacking terrorists who repeatedly entered and attacked Georgian towns outside of Ossetia, likely requested by Russia and supplied by Russia in expectance of Georgia retaliating and saying enough is enough!

This is only the start of the USS rejoing the R, Russia have targeted Georgia because it's the most democratic state and a highly valuable target in terms of politics. Once Georgia falls under the rule of the Hammer & Sickle the less democratic former Soviet states will fall into line and rejoin the USSR quite easily.

The media is reporting propaganda from both sides, however it's clear to see to any sane person what Russia is doing and what it plans to do. The little girl has likely been spoonfed propaganda to say what she has, she claims the bombs falling were Georgian despite the fact she could not see them, she is either incredibly psychic or she's been spoonfed propaganda in favour of Russia to say this.

While Georgia shouldn't have retaliated, they had no chance. Russia baited them via these Ossetian rebels and Georgia bit now they are paying the price for defending their own territory.

Russia should not get away with this, however I fear the world has let them become too powerful.

One thing is certain though, despite all the trouble and if WW3 breaks out we will never enter into a nuclear war. The world has seen the destructive capabilities of a nuke and even the most evil of people won't want to be held responsible for the destruction of the human race, who would they have to rule if noone was left alive ?

Be careful what you see & hear in the media, most of it is fabricated truths with alot of spin towards a set agenda, do not fall for it and take it at face value and assess it with an unbiased view and think it through with logic before simply assuming it's true because it's on TV!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

If they want to be classed as Russians they should move to Russia.

It's not about if they want to be classed as Russian citizens, most of them already are. And if the whole of South Ossetia wants independence and is willing to fight for it, then why not just let them have it? Sure Georgia may be a bit p*ssed about losing some ground to Russian influence, but is it worth starting a war over?

If Russia is out to take back the Soviet Union then don't worry, it's not going to be successful. They can try to take Poland, etc but the difference is that the Polish aren't Russian citizens and don't want to be so it won't happen.

[edit on 15/8/2008 by malganis]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You think the poles saying "we don't want to be part of the USSR" is going to stop the military might of the Russians ?

Europe does not have the capability to go on the offensive anymore. The United Kindgom has the only offensive army in Europe however that force is in the Middle East and is already dipping into the reserves to prop up that front.

Every other European nation only has defensive forces, most of which are so far behind in technology compared to Russia it will be like the US rolling the Iraqi's. Alot of the former soviet states use old Russian tech like T-72's, Migs etc which don't stand a chance against the modern Russian tech, added to the fact the Russians will have the added advantage of knowing exactly how that old tech works from using it themselves.

Simply put the Russians are only doing this because they know there's not a damn thing Europe can do and the US are stretched enough as it is and cannot risk a war with Russia especially with a war against Iran looming in the not too distant future.

I suggest you read up about the Sudentland in Czechoslovakia and see how closely the similarities are between then & what is happening now, we cannot let the same things happen what happened 70 years ago, we cannot make the same mistakes we made by not reacting quick enough to a nation hell bent on dominating other nations and we all know how notorious the Russians are from the past!

Not to mention the fact that Russians are still pushing into Georgian areas not in Ossetia and ignoring the ceasefire, they want Georgia, it's a thorn in their side and a strategic value for reuniting the USSR.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Be careful what you see & hear in the media, most of it is fabricated truths with alot of spin towards a set agenda, do not fall for it and take it at face value and assess it with an unbiased view and think it through with logic before simply assuming it's true because it's on TV!

Well that is I agree on, fabricated truths, and the spin... not the rest.
South Ossetians want to join with North Ossetians which are the same people, Georgia wont let them, South Ossetia asked for independence and wasn't recognized by European countries. But now Kosovo gained independence so why shouldn't SO get it?? Hypocrisy.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
What this girl and her relative stated are VIEWS, not independently supported Facts. They are Ossetians, from the Georgian Province of Ossetia, which is a staunch Russian Ally. The Ossetian People, through Russian acts of subversion, have come to embrace Matushka Rossiya as their Homeland and Governing body.

Georgia has a right to defend it's Sovereignty, and has been standing strong against an increasingly abusive Moscow. Ever since Vladimir Putin seized control of the Kremlin, he has sent the Nation on a Rampant path of Soviet Re-birth. Putin will not cease in his crazed acts of harassment, suppression, intimidation, and assassination, even if the CCCP is Re-born.

Russia, under Putin's control, has been killing dissenting reporters, critics (even in London, and the United States), jailing and attempting to assassinate political opponents, and openly supporting coups against it's former Soviet States. They are attempting to forcefully re-occupy land which is no longer theirs, and never was theirs before the 1940's.

With all due respect, Georgia must kick Russia out, and show them they can no longer run amok all over their former Union.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

You think the poles saying "we don't want to be part of the USSR" is going to stop the military might of the Russians ?

Europe does not have the capability to go on the offensive anymore. The United Kindgom has the only offensive army in Europe however that force is in the Middle East and is already dipping into the reserves to prop up that front.

Well simple words won't stop the Russian military might, but the fact that Poland are a member of NATO should, for now at least. Russia aren't stupid enough to blatantly try to invade a NATO member. By the time this missile shield goes up NATO should have fully prepared for any stupid moves by Russia, especially if the European Union are organised.

Yes i'm aware of the Sudetenland, and I agree there are similarities. I'm not saying that there's no possibility that Russia be pushing their luck in the same way (my last post should show that), but this time NATO would be prepared and the USA would be actively involved from the start. Hell, they'll already have plans drawn up in case that scenario did unfold within the next 5-10 years, they're not going to sit back like USA, GB and France did in WW2.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Life is never black and white and it is always us average everyday people who end up suffering

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tehdreamer

Again I will refer you to research the Sudentland and see the striking similarities.

If the South Ossetians which are in Georgia want to be Ossetians then perhaps they should move to North Ossetia and be happy under the rule of their Motherland!

Georgia should NOT have to give land to appease Russian influenced rebels.

Also if it's all about Ossetia then why are Russian troops still occupying parts of Georgia not in Ossetia ?

This is nothing about Ossetia, it's about Mother Russia bringing down the sickle and hammer to reunite it's former soviet states and reintroducing communism to the Eastern Bloc.

As I've said it will start with Georgia and then the less democratic former soviet states will fall quite easily under pressure from the Russian military. In the name of freedom and democracy and respect of sovereign nations Europe and the US must stand against this Russian opression and downright bullying and nip it in the bud before it's too late and all hell breaks lose and WW3 is upon us!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
What this girl and her relative stated are VIEWS, not independently supported Facts. They are Ossetians, from the Georgian Province of Ossetia, which is a staunch Russian Ally. The Ossetian People, through Russian acts of subversion, have come to embrace Matushka Rossiya as their Homeland and Governing body.

Well everything is views, as it is viewed by people, and in fact her views are supported by facts, you just have to be less ignorant and look them up. She saw that the media was telling people complete opposite of the reality and did a brave thing to say the truth. After all its a free country why shouldn't she be aloud to express her views? Why cut her off?

Georgia has a right to defend it's Sovereignty, and has been standing strong against an increasingly abusive Moscow. Ever since Vladimir Putin seized control of the Kremlin, he has sent the Nation on a Rampant path of Soviet Re-birth. Putin will not cease in his crazed acts of harassment, suppression, intimidation, and assassination, even if the CCCP is Re-born.

Georgia can defend its Sovereignty as much as it wants but its not very democratic to try regain its land by force and killing innocent civilians as well as provoking Russia and blaming it on her.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tehdreamer
Well everything is views, as it is viewed by people, and in fact her views are supported by facts, you just have to be less ignorant and look them up. She saw that the media was telling people complete opposite of the reality and did a brave thing to say the truth. After all its a free country why shouldn't she be aloud to express her views? Why cut her off?

She was not stating fact, she was stating her opinion of what she thought was happening. Again I ask you how exactly a 12 year old girl with no military knowledge can tell the difference between Georgian troops & Russian troops let alone know that a bomb which she can't see came from a Georgian weapon. Hell even the media was showing Georgians reporting them as Russians and showing Russians reporting them as Georgians if people in the know cannot tell the difference I seriously doubt a little 12 year old girl can tell the difference.

Also surely the fact she is from the break away provence gives you all the information you need ? It's nothing but anti Georgian propaganda likely cooked up by her own mother to fuel more hatred to the Georgians and make it look like Russia were saviours!

Originally posted by tehdreamerGeorgia can defend its Sovereignty as much as it wants but its not very democratic to try regain its land by force and killing innocent civilians as well as provoking Russia and blaming it on her.

Innocents dieing is an unfortunate byproduct of war, the Georgians did not provoke the Russians, if you believe that then you have fallen for the Russian propaganda. They are not the saints you are making them out to be, explain to me if this wasn't planned by Russians just exactly how they can come up with the logistical ability to have a thousand tanks, APC's & Artillery pieces & ten thousand troops at the border within a couple of hours of the Georgian assault ?

As I have said, Russia have done nothing but fuel the fire for the Georgians to attack via the rebels. It's exactly like a troll on a forum baiting unsuspecting posters into attacking and then claiming himself the victim with Russia being the troll and the Ossetian rebels being his words (bait) to lure the Georgians who are the posters into biting!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The Georgians killed a bunch of Russian peacekeepers and Ossetian civilians.

That is what started this - that's not even a fact that is in doubt...

What do you think the US would do if Mexico killed a bunch of US citizens and American troops with an artillery barrage and declared they were taking back Texas?

We'd have US Marines in tanks in Mexico city so fast your head would spin, don't kid yourself...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
That young lady has every right to thank the Russians, The Russians saved her from the Georgian soldiers/bombs. I thank the Russians for protecting the South Ossetians and making the Neocon/Bohemian/Bilderbergian/Rocketfeller crew look criminal. I hope citizen arrests are around the corner for these world stage players. 2.000 South Ossetians died, and these Western power players are responsible for their deaths. They green-lighted the genocide artillery.

Now that the missile shield is out of Georgia, probably for good, Poland is the New host of the unproven Patriot antimissle defense system. I believe no patriot has ever intercepted a Scud when Saddam was lobbing it at Israel. Israel kept much of the casualty rate suffered by the Scuds a secret, as not to give pleasure to Saddam Hussein. I feel sorry for the Polish, they're next on the poo list.

It could only be a matter of time before a plane is shot down over Poland, or antimissile batteries are built on England.

Is this what you call protection by the Russians? Shooting at Journalists?

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I wonder why Fox news broadcast this and not NBC, CNN, etc?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
What do you think the US would do if Mexico killed a bunch of US citizens and American troops with an artillery barrage and declared they were taking back Texas?

We'd have US Marines in tanks in Mexico city so fast your head would spin, don't kid yourself...

For your analogy to work

Texas would have to already be owned by Mexico

Texas would have to have American separitist rebels supported & supplied by America

Said rebels would be going into Mexico and attacking Mexican towns outside of Texas & killed Mexican civillians

America would have thousands of tanks ready at the border for Mexico to bite the bait they've dangled by having the rebels attack Mexican towns outside of Texas

America called separatist rebels "peacekeepers" when in reality they're nothing more than terrorists

I thought this site was about denying ignorance when it seems to breed ignorance ?

Again I ask all you Russia supporters if this wasn't planned for a long time and wasn't instigated by Russie just why exactly would they have 1,000+ tanks, artillery & APC's along with ten thousand plus infantry ready to strike ?

All of you seem to avoid answering that question because its obvious what the answer is and it doesn't suit your biased agendas so you choose to ignore it!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join