It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Quadrennial Exploitation Of The Moronic Masses

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
i totally agree. couldnt have put it better myself

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Let's not forget the stagnation of culture... We are recycling art and fads faster and faster.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The masses are confused... and they don't know which way to turn because TPTB are bouncing them around like a basketball. They format the illusion that both of these parties are fighting for the common good, when in fact they are fighting for corporate interest only. For our government to work effectively, lobbying needs to be eliminated from interests corporate and private.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
They are coming after ATS next!!!!
The various news agencies are presently trying to "manage" content. This reeks of the record industry's ill-conceived attempts to go after individuals who download music without paying for it, or the efforts by the AP in 2008 to get a popular website to remove AP content because they thought the site was using too much of their material.
This is indeed the clash between the new "link economy" and the old "content economy."
Links can be more valuable than content on the web. Links are routinely employed and monetized. In other words. The more you people click links, you can grab audience, show ads and make money.
By that reasoning, anyone who attempts to limit public exposure of their content is being short-sighted. There is more money to be made by spreading your work as widely as possible across the web, than by restricting it to those who can afford to pay for its use.
But most publishers aren't ready to accept that idea. For them, the issue is still about regaining control over their on line content, and receiving compensation from people who they believe are abusing the notion of fair use.
However there is a darker side This is way for any entity governments, corporation and individuals to actually control the news and hence the kitchen table issues which that shape our society. One can see from the general degradation of morals to see that.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
All goverments, Large public information producers etc,etc. Down to, at times,just two persons will think they are cau.sa si.ne qua non. We all walk to the beat of a different drummer, unless we are in agrement. In that instance our drummers have become synchronize and the world seems less irresponsible
Wouldn't it be felicitous if we could just step out, and away from, this antagonistic attitude that seems to be so prevalent lately in responcises that I'v read. We all should stop take a deep breath. and remember that only sheep know their masters voice.
Take care to know who your master is. There are those that may lead you someplace its very hard to return from.

Its easier to stop and think. Than to stop an wonder. What the .... just happened

I AM Suohhen

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
One of the Denver Airport Murals is interpreted to foreshadow mind control and elections.

They say the Denver Airport Murals are painted over after they have been fulfilled. So, far 2 murals have been painted over. The first one painted over after 911 depicted the storm trooper with Arabian sword slashing through 2 skyscrapers and killing the dove of peace.

The second Denver Airport Mural to be painted over is the one that foreshadowed the election of Barack Obama. It depicts 11 children mesmerized by the light emanating from a glowing plant. Above the scene is a leopard with the word VooDu on its tail which some say represents the mind control involved with the last presidential election.

Another mural with a Native American praying to a tree, depicts a Guillotine over a Monarch butterfly. Under the Monarch Butterfly is a coast line with toxic brown sludge washed up on the shore. This is obviously foreshadowing the BP Gulf Oilspill as Monarch Butterflies fly over the Gulf in their yearly migrations.

The mural depicting the death of the Leopard (America), the birth of the antichrist (Native American in the casket holding the baby), and the burning of cities (trees) with the girl who holding the Mayan Codex in the shape of Russia has yet to be fulfilled.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Let us not forget that the globalist are playing a big game of chess with us. But they are both the black pieces and the white pieces. They are the ying and the yang, the joker (ozymandias) and batman. They are playing good cop and bad cop.

Remember that it "takes two to tango". Therefore the globalist have "AGENT PROVOCATEURS" on both sides to incite anger and violence. The gloablist cause a huge scandal or commit huge act of inhumanity and then swoop in on the other hand with a pre-conceived solution to the problem. However, the solution usually involves a consolidation of power and a usurpation of individual liberty in exchange for a promise of better security from the threat.

the answer to BIG BUSINESS and BIG BANK corruption is not BIGGER GOVERNMENT. The lesson from the TOWER OF BABEL was that when there is a massive cosolidation of power and all the people, government, culture, and religion is the same, all the people are corrupt. So, God divided the people and the languages up to prevent the corruption because in this fallen world POWER CORRUPTS AND ABSOLUTE PoWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY.

The genius of the Constitution is that it reserves and delegates and preserves powers and rights to the individual and not with a king or pleutocracy, or oligarchy, or corpratocracy.

Unfortunately, the powers that be, control both political parties. When the Democrats aNre in power huge social programs get voted in and the morals and values of the country are degrated. However when the REpublicans are in power, then the NEOCON agenda is brought about.

I always found it funny when the Left claims that there exists a Right Wing Conspiracy and the Right claims there is a Left Wing Conspiracy. We all should know its the same Conspiracy.

Furthermore, if you think the TEAPARTY movement is our salvation, guess again. They control that too. A person that I work with has connections to a major TEAPARTY organizer and they are controlled by the same organization that controls the left and right.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Why do we allow politicians to make $174,000 a year starting out with HUGE benefits when the average citizen makes $26,000 a year period? I don't understand why people allow this to continue. We need to make a stand some place. Giving the politicians a pay cut would be a great start.

Let them eat cake.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I don't vote,I know in a peculiar sort of way,it is somewhat meaningful to people who do not understand how meaningless the vote is.....

And knowing that there is not such a thing as a"Voting Holiday",to be sure that those who think it would matter could vote,the poorest,the most destitute would be able to go out and cast their vote without having to take the time after a hard day at the salt mine,or lose a days pay.......proves it's meaningless....

Voting is a dog and pony show,a true republic would make it un-necessary,but we are silly and stupid.

Maybe we need to strive for something ,somewhere in between the extremes we are forced to live with.

Maybe we should stop allowing ourselves to be forced.

I ain't particularly religious,but Ecclesiastes appeals to my world view.......

PFFFFFT!.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Lord Zinideus

Look past money,see the plight of those who do not have anything,who have all they need and want more.....

This isn't human nature,it's something way more dangerous.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Certainly saying that one candidate is too old, or another candidate is from mars, does not fall within the realm of real issues.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Time for me to see the light and wear the clothes that is in white

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by toibry
Time for me to see the light and wear the clothes that is in white

What does that mean?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
what is the market going to do this week?

www.enterprisecorruption.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
in australia our pollies nearly came to blows this week!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
PARTISAN? DIVISIVE? POLARIZED!

Are you Catholic or Protestant? American or Communist? Atheist or Christian? Christian or Muslim? Patriotic or Traitor?

Well, to tell the truth, I absolutely hate being placed in a certain-type of "label." The "group-think" presented above is an example of a social ideology which is dangerous to diversity and the personal rights and liberties of any Human Being.

Why should it be that we have to "belong" to opposite and polarized "factions" to participate in society? This "polarization" demeans us all by making the individual an "object," which can be discredited and when combined with propaganda from the media, labeled as a "heretic" and devalued.

These "fallacies of logic" illustrate what is wrong in our government, our society, and our religions; false perspectives based on propaganda and fallacies about a person or group of persons by another person or group to either diffuse "real problems" and divert attention by creating an emotionally-vested "scandalous media attention or attack." These agendas are based on oppression and fear of losing control and power.

The worst thing to happen to "Freedom of Speech" was the repeal of the "Fairness Doctrine," which served as a "fail-safe" to prevent unfair leverage in media by groups with more financial influence than any opponent. This mistake will take years to correct; if it ever can be.

Partisan Politics is not only a danger to democracy, it is a danger to national security and the fundamental spirit of what the Founding Fathers intended for our country. It is getting to the point of being "Un-American." From a rational and compassionate perspective, a two-party system, which has the ability to "seize-up" normal operations by emotive displays of "partisanism" will effectively hold any proceeding "hostage." And it all grinds to a halt when critical decisions and rational thought goes unanswered and unthought.

Those "two" parties will polarize the citizens and leave those of rational and open-mindedness behind to wonder if any representation is effective or actually exists, in the first-place. A vacuum of disent soon develops and the cure would be to add a "counter-balance" to keep the two polarized ends from tipping "to-and-fro" for all perpetuity; we need a larger additional party or abolish the influence government is bridled with by removing or effectively inhibiting their actions. There was no need for any party in the early beginning for America; it was unncessary; but we soon found the "Whigs" and "Muckrakers" controlling all aspects of government.

Emotions must not be allowed to prevail while rational-thinking people can produce compassionate policy effectively and efficiently. This is necessary due to the "imbalance." Equilibrium must be the "end to the means."

If we continue in this "polarized" ideology and perspective, all hope of "nationalism and partriotism" as a COMBINED and EQUAL peoples will be not realized or would we be able to actualize it; it will be too late.

I.D.I.C. - Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination...

We all are made stronger by the differences than our similarities; it's how we grow as a species, to become "more" than what we are or have been.

With all of this said, I will end with a short word of wisdom and warning:

"When the first link of the chain is forged, the first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably. As wisdom and warning, the first time any man’s freedom is trodden-on, we’re all damaged.

You’d think we’ve come so far, torture of heretics, burning of witches, in all ancient history. Then, if we even blink an eye, suddenly it threatens to start all-over again; spreading fear in the name of righteousness.

- Jean Luc Picard

edit on 21-10-2010 by trekwebmaster because: Correction of Typo Errors

edit on 21-10-2010 by trekwebmaster because: Corrections of Typo Errors

edit on 21-10-2010 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2010 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Text

Dear Posters,

For all of you out there that feel like a tiny drop in this sea of madness, I want you to know that you are not alone i this world, a world where there is an extreme miss-alignment between truth, and what is portrayed as truth. We are told that it is Us vs. Them. Right vs. Wrong. Left vs. Right. It is a historical battle between Thesis-Antithesis, Yin and Yang. We are told that we have to take a stance on one of THEIR sides and yet no one seems to ask why, or even IF should we take sides? Why do we even need sides to tackle issues like poverty, violence, and hunger. Wouldn't compassion, collaboration, and empathy serve us all much better in a our pursuit of a better world for future generations?

I can't read the minds of those in power, but from their actions it would seem that they don't want us to work together. Our "leaders" don't ask for people to work together for a better future. Our "leaders" don't tell us to get over our petty differences and work together. Instead, our "leaders" point out and play on our differences when they could be focusing and celebrating on our similarities. Perhaps, if they truly cared about us and followed in the foot-steps of the great men they hold up high above our heads (like MLK, Gandhi, JFK), wouldn't they celebrate our differences as strengths? Wouldn't they encourage us to seek answers rather than absorb their own. They don't want us to love and understand each other, because then they wouldn't be needed. Their paradigm, their reality, their world wouldn't be the dominant one. Without our energy contributing to their reality, they are powerless.

I want to challenge you to endure. Endure their words and exploitations. Endure their greed and lust for power. Endure all the temptation that they throw your way: the anger, the sloth, the greed. Endure it like the mountain that stands the torrential windfall of the ages; Endure it as the one person in the crowd that has the courage to stand up and say no when everyone says yes; Endure it as the butterfly flaps against the wind pressing it down towards the grown. Endure because you know deep down inside that you can.

There IS hope. The fact that we can all find some small communion in this world to not just voice our unwillingness to go along with the status-quo, but ultimately function as the immovable object to meet their unstoppable force shows me that. Remember though, that they are apart of us, as the Nazis were just as human as the humans they murdered. We have the potential to be them, and they have the potential to be us. The universe is not black and white, but we can choose to make a stand for a better world. Like Martin Luther King or Gandhi, we can break the cycle.

Whether you agree with what I have said or not, I want you all to know that I respect you without knowing you. I want to understand all that you are and all that you can be. I don't care if someone thinks it sounds cheesy or they try to knock me down as spouting altruistic rubbish or escaping their "reality." Maybe they will attack my ego and label me with a narcissistic need for validating myself and acting out fantasies on the internet. If they do, I feel sad for them for they care only to discredit and justify why they themselves can't break the cycle. They will tear me down because they don't understand, nor care to understand. I'm going to make a stand as a conscious being because I believe it to be the right thing to do. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't... I am not sure and I don't have all the answers. I encourage you to find your own, and I'll always support you in your quest, no matter the lines of people that ridicule you. I hope that you pay it forward.

Love,

Matt

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have an opinion and that opinion is that I agree/disagree with nothing/everything that has been stated thus far and any further notes that are added I will remain in the same frame of mind concerning the topic. If this is at all considered ambiguous it was ment to be and should be regarded as diplomacy of a political neophyte and nothing more and certainly nothingless. Any furthur questions maybe directed to others but preferably not myself as I have stated my position and want to reframe from any further discussion concerning this issue. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
In responce to my previous statements on this most interesting/disinteresting subjest i would like to add a quote. The hottest places in hell are reserved for those in times of great moral crisis remain neutral. I would like to add to that by saying that due to my lack of power concerning this and all issues that it is necessary to remain neutral as any sign of nonneutrality would be viewed as standing up for myself and that would be just wrong. Thank you the management...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join