It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Quadrennial Exploitation Of The Moronic Masses

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I totally agree with you! its good post
Thank you for having that approach with ATS.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The richest and most powerful pull the strings and it doesn't matter if they are in the governments or corporations. They look out for their own best interests in the end. That is why they are where they are. It's the rest of our faults for allowing this to happen. We have to stay alert so we can call them out when they try to pull the wool over our eyes. They try to do it every day. They make us so fat and unhealthy that we get sick all the time and have to rely on their dumb drugs that make the pharmaceutical companies rich. By the way, the FDA usually only approves drugs that persistent, moneyed lobbyists with connections to Washington push. Then, some of those drugs cause severe side effects that make people worse off than before. Well, as a result, all the lawyers jump on the bandwagon and appeal to the victims to file ridiculous class action lawsuits. So you have 10,000 people filing a multimillion dollar lawsuit and the attorney usually gets at least a third. Do you see where this is going?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

We haven't had a 'real' President since November of 1963. I think most people who have studied the issue realize this was the month and year of the hidden coup.
But I haven't heard any answers from anyone. Just vague references to 'they' this and 'they' that.
Unless you know who the problem is it is impossible to fix the problem. And the main job of every elected puppet since 1963 has been to keep the 'who' out of the spotlight.
So look at 'who' was being balked in 1963, who was actually in danger of having their institutions broken down and defunded. There were a couple- and they were interconnected.
And so then you will have your answer as to who the real leaders of this country have been since then, and still are now. But good luck doing anything about it at this point in history.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
In my opinion, it speaks volumes about the masters view of the masses to think that we the citizenry will continue to fall for this gladiator mudslinging newstainment. MSM is quite guilty of the rush to the gutter.

edit on 4/18/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: removed gratuitous spam links

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Amazingly said. If only more people felt commiseration about the conundrums that plague our spiraling society, then perhaps we’d have a chance at survival. I fear that the shepherd will always prevail in herding his sheep and the vast majority will willingly succumb to conformity.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Socio

What's frustrating is that sometimes all it takes is just one person who normally wouldnt protest a leader figure to get uo and say something, like Rosa Parks. Current hipsters with their justified ironic detachment unfortunately lack the naivety to actually try something,making their pessimism even more true ironically

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I agree with this article and could not say it better myself. Maybe that is why I am not a paid writer.

We have reached the outer limits of democracy, climate stability, energy resources, and indeed human survival. It's time to stand up, unite our forces, and fight for power -- or else surrender.

After decades of sucking up to liberal foundations and funders and lesser of two evils politicians who keep telling us to "tone it down," and "stick to what's practical," we stand on the crowded deck of the USA Titanic. Amid the bedlam, and a growing sense of panic, our options are severely limited. We can keep arguing among ourselves about how to arrange the deckchairs - whose issue is more important, which magic bullet reform will save us, which candidate or corporation is slightly better, or who is the most oppressed. We can make a run for the lifeboats - even though most of us, especially our children and grandchildren, won't make it. Or we can unite our forces, storm the captain's quarters, and turn the ship away from the Xtremes.

I'm sick and tired of a thousand different single-issue campaigns, identity politics, wimpy liberals, progressive infighting, armchair philanthropists, and limited-focus mobilizing. I'm terminally weary of just "fighting the good fight" against a corporate Goliath who always seems to win, or voting for alternative candidates who usually lose. I'm sick of lobbying hopelessly corrupt politicians to be a little more humane, and pressuring corporate criminals to be a little less greedy. And finally, I'm horrified to ponder the thought that my teenage son may have to struggle for sheer survival in a brutal, ecologically devastated, martial law state.

Minor political reforms and corporate "greenwashing" at this stage of history are too little, too late. The lesser of indentured evils in the White House is not going to save us. Increased market share for organic, green, and Fair Trade products will amount to little or nothing in the closing era of the Xtremes. What we need is a bold determination to carry out regime change and build a new green and egalitarian society, inside the deteriorating infrastructure of the old. What we need are supercharged and inspired "networks of networks," online and on the ground; mass-based multi-focus campaigns and electoral insurgencies, led by Live Wire organizers who bring together and frame the burning issues and popular passions of a critical mass of the majority Underclass. What we need is a massive new synergy between strategic sectors of the presently fragmented progressive/radical rainbow, supercharging a new wave of positive solutions, structural reforms, community building, survival planning, and electoral insurgency. On the personal level this means breaking with deeply ingrained habits and ways of thinking, and integrating our daily lives and practices into the building of a new transformative and revolutionary Movement.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on the relative desperation of your situation, objective conditions for a grassroots global uprising are quickly ripening. The current ruling junta has overextended themselves, and a powerful conflagration of disasters is waking up a critical mass of the global grassroots. We now have a political opening in the United States that has not existed since the Watergate Era and the fall of Richard Nixon in 1974. But time is of the essence.

At the risk of stating the obvious, let's keep these basics in mind:

* The Republican and Democratic parties are both totally controlled by all-powerful corporations at the national levels (if not yet always at the lower levels).

* The mainstream media is controlled by corporations that suppress real information and cynically manipulate the public.

* U.S. elections are controlled by corporations and rich donors (with the direct support and involvement of the major parties) who buy the candidates and restrict access to the press by new or upstart candidates. Electronic voting machines and optical scanners (as opposed to hand-counted paper ballots) enable elections to be stolen, on a regular basis, by hired hackers and Black Box computer technicians.

* The root causes of the Great Recession are "free trade" globalization policies, tax evasion by corporations and the rich, a trillion-dollar war machine, and the looting of the nation by the big banks and Wall Street speculators.

* Until we are willing to overthrow the corporate and military-industrial dictatorship, we will not be able to deal with the fundamental power imbalances, injustices, and crises of the nation.

* Climate change is real and getting worse. We are literally standing on the eve of destruction. Radical energy conservation, reducing fossil fuel use by 90%, retrofitting the nation's 50 million buildings; retooling our transportation system, rebuilding our electrical grid to run on solar and wind, and restoring the carbon sequestration capacity of our billion of acres of farmland, pasture, and forests through organic land management, are absolute priorities.

* We need to create a framework for a massive local to national alliance for survival that addresses the life-or-death issues head-on and is open to all methods of action, from legislative insurgency, to direct action, to civil disobedience.

* Walk your talk. Stop bowing down to Business as Usual and the dictates of the ruling class. Nurture your health and self-respect and, at the same time, nurture the collective self-confidence of all the rebels and visionaries in your circle of friends, family, and community. Align yourself with people and organizations you can trust and rely upon.

* Stay informed. Open your eyes to what's going on. Stay in touch with the daily evidence circulating on the Internet that a global grassroots revolution has begun. Pay attention to the housing, transportation, health, and food and farming alternatives that are already being built, even if many of our sustainable alternatives currently exist only in embryonic form.

* Keep in mind that the Xtremes are likely to get worse, not better, and that most of our elected public officials, especially on the federal level, are bought and sold by the corporations, and therefore are hard-wired for destruction. Don't hold your breath for Obama, or any other national politician to change things. Go local with an emphasis on community building and local public policy change. Focus on building crash-resistant institutions: organic food and farming systems, re-localized commerce, holistic and preventive health practices, and an urban and rural green jobs infrastructure with a low carbon footprint.

* Stay inspired. Stay in touch with the fact that the technological, economic, political, and social alternatives we need to survive and prosper are already being put into practice. Find examples of these across the nation or the globe and in your local community and join up.

Stay vigilant. Stay positive. Stay strong. Prepare for the worst, as well as the best. Those who hold the power are not going to give it up without a tremendous fight. The fossil fuel System is going to collapse. Revolutions bear little resemblance to polite disagreements at a dinner party. The mass media can and is being manipulated. People's fears and prejudices are being engineered. Elections based upon "black box" computer-controlled electronic voting machines and optical scanners can and are being stolen. The only elections that cannot be stolen are those based upon hand-counted paper ballots, where the ballots are tallied at the precinct level in clear public view immediately after the polls close. www.votescam.org...

* Keep the faith. Revolutions never seem possible until objective conditions ripen, until serious splits develop among the ruling class, and until a critical mass of people decide they won't take it any more. Look at Egypt. Look at Tunisia, look at Yemen. Look at Wisconsin. Look in the mirror. Ready to lead the Uprising in your local community? Send me an email at ronniecummins[a]gmail.com.

All power to the people!

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Author; Ronnie Cummins
Source: (Good site): www.naturalnews.com...

Nothing is going to change unless we put aside our differences, unite and rebel against the tyranny that has now taken hold in the "most free country on the planet".

edit on 11-5-2011 by ofhumandescent because: moved ex text mark.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

Your post is right on ............................. and look what happened to our last good president.

There is a power so organized, so subtle, so complete, and so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it." - Woodrow Wilson

Despite these warnings, Woodrow Wilson signed the 1913 Federal Reserve Act. A few years later he wrote: I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men. - Woodrow Wilson

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
knowledge will set everyone free

screw the puppet masters

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Great article. Doesn't get anymore truthful than this

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ignoramusmaximus

Most people are still afraid to voice their actual opinions in an open setting. Its unfortunate but even most of the "awakened" have trouble convincing their own co workers and peers that there is even a problem.

Have you ever noticed nothing in politics is what the people really want. What is it that influences this stuff behind the scenes that makes it so you are always left with 2 bad options to vote on? Democrats have a bad idea to fix a problem, the republicans throw even more bad ideas out as solution. And we are left with a solution that someone else wants, either way, not ever what I want, or what anyone else I know wants. Why?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

I couldn't agree more. I believe that many voters only choose the candidate they dislike the least or they choose a candidate who they like for reasons other that their stance in politics. Political ads are completely devoid of anything relevant and working class people need to realize that the Republicans and Democrats only have the concerns of the wealthy corporations in mind. I've done a great amount of research on the Populist Party of the 19th century and firmly believe that its revival is the only way to give working class people a voice in politics. People who need to speak up are either blinded by propaganda, or don't seem to care much

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Dont know if you guys saw this but I guess they know how to keep the spell casted on us. Prepare for things to be stepped up again shortly.

www.trustedworldnews.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
absolutely great article, vital for snap back to reality

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

There are no choices that are the lesser of 2 evils. Treason is Treason and the traitors won a long time ago. They just have to finishing killing the Constitution, and all that is left is one more event in order to declare martial law and erase freedom from the vocabulary

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This is as true as it gets. The average person in America has the Intelligence of a 5th grader. They simply cannot understand that America is in deep trouble and we are now at the point of no return if we let it continue all of our freedoms will be wiped off the grid forever.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You see that post right there, that's why we come back. At least we know the staff cares. Even with the new requirement to create new threads, bull still gets through.

I'm here, we're here if you need us.

What would be nice is a troll option. See a thread.. spot a troll, burn it with fire. They'll learn

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The masses have become moronic and will continue to delve even further into stupidity and denial. I hope everyone wakes up soon.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Yea i do agree i mean but you know how it is . Buncha bs at times. Too many sheep

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join