It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We helped in Iraq - now help us, beg Georgians

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

Yeah a bit of unsolicited advice. The U.S. has some issues right now, tis true. But for your own wellbeing focus on the issues tearing up the NETHERLANDS and address those first and foremost. Like crime for instance (you know what I am referring to).

You can't change the foreign policies of the U.S. but you can preserve the Netherlands.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Server lag -- double posting.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
reply to post by TheNetherlands

Yeah a bit of unsolicited advice. The U.S. has some issues right now, tis true. But for your own wellbeing focus on the issues tearing up the NETHERLANDS and address those first and foremost. Like crime for instance (you know what I am referring to).

You can't change the foreign policies of the U.S. but you can preserve the Netherlands.

What issues? Please tell me,..

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Let's not avert our eye from the special interest kats in the Kremlin grown fat on Siberian oil.

And let's forget not the Saudi royals.

The cost of liberty is eternal vigilance.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

77 squared is 154

Not the last time I checked. 77 squared is 5929. You may want to change your signature.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by Matyas

Not the last time I checked. 77 squared is 5929. You may want to change your signature.

Ah, yes, you are so right. It should read 77 doubled. But before I change it, I want to explore 5929 to its fullest extent. Can't leave any stone unturned now, can we, no?

edit those silly quotes

[edit on 8/17/2008 by Matyas]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
hehe...

Squared and X2 are QUITE diffrent...

I learned that in the from my dad before i went into schooling...

The Situation in Georgia has beeen tense lately...

the terms of the cease-fire aren't being kept by either side...

Russia said they would pull out, all reports are showing that they are DIGGING IN!

Nato is having meeting about this situation, and the Western world is getting more direct with Russia by the day...

It will be intresting to see what Nato Decides..

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I agree. I posted the following link on another thread related to Georgia, but it's worth repeating here:
www.time.com...

Moscow's ruthless attempt to suborn, subdue and subordinate this tiny, independent democracy is reminiscent of Stalin's times. The assault on Georgia is similar to what Stalin's Soviet Union did to Finland in 1939: in both cases, Moscow engaged in an arbitrary, brutal and irresponsible use of force to impose domination over a weaker, democratic neighbor. The question now is whether the global community can demonstrate to the Kremlin that there are costs for the blatant use of force on behalf of anachronistic imperialist goals.
This conflict has been brewing for years. Russia has deliberately instigated the breakup of Georgian territory. Moscow has promoted secessionist activities in several Georgian provinces: Abkhazia, Ajaria and, of course, South Ossetia. It has sponsored rebellious governments in these territories, armed their forces and even bestowed Russian citizenship on the secessionists. These efforts have intensified since the emergence in Georgia of a democratic, pro-Western government. Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin's resentment toward Georgia and its President, the U.S.-educated Mikheil Saakashvili, has seemingly become a personal obsession.

The point is that Russia has obviously instigated this entire situation, in order to have an excuse to re-acquire parts of Georgia. It should be obvious to fair-minded people that Russian truly is attempting to re-establish the old Soviet Union through force and subversion:

Russia's aggression toward Georgia should not be viewed as an isolated incident. The fact is, Putin and his associates in the Kremlin don't accept the post-Soviet realities. Putin was sincere when he declared some time ago that in his view, the dissolution of the Soviet Union was "the greatest geopolitical disaster of the [20th] century." Independent democracies like Georgia and Ukraine, for the Putin regime, are not only historical anomalies, but also represent a direct political threat.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join