It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama suggests reparations to blacks, Native Americans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
And Lunar looney is kinda right "im a white slave to the government". Afro-American people never target whites, it is an evil, system that is recognized and faught against. People misinterpret this and get sensitive and racist like some of your post.
If the system(not white america, its not always with race guys) can bomb and rebuild a place they had no place being(estimated billions to reconstruct Iraq), your telling me they cant heal old wounds of their own land and people.
In the July 30th paper it stated, the House apologizes on behalf of America for enslaving Africans and their descendants and for Jim Crow laws. You guys have no sympathy but the 'White House' does, true americans understands like the paper stated "we are the greatest country on earth how can live with the fact that we have done nothing abouth that." That is from the house itself. I really dont no how to insert quotes the "ATS"way but this is what I read if you guys ever pick newspapers up.
Some of you are sick.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Some of us are sick.

Some of us are just looking for ANY EXCUSE TO RIDE THE GOVT. GRAVY TRAIN.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
What sources do I have? Go to school this is common knowledge not a blue sky mars theory.
Typical African B.S., Wow, you can tell none of you have ever left your room, and traveled to a local library. But since your racist you wouldnt have any intention on learning about True American History. For the 4th or 5th time the first Africans on American soil were not slaves. Free Africans sailed to yes Brazil, Puerto Rico(Boriquen where the word boriqua derives), and all over the Americas. Free Africans, owned plantations along side Europeans, and even Natives. African plantations were bombed and they were enslaved and this where your limited history comes in with the slave ships and the great enslavement. No one seems to coment on my little acoholism theory, I dont need anykind of proof because I actually walked those streets.
That is ignorant to say they need to build ships and go back when this is their land as much as it is yours (euro descendant). African-Americans imo displayed the constitutions real colour. American citizens marched just because they were being treated unfair and Police officers think that its cool to let their dogs bite them. The very people who are demonstrating the real American vision/dream and alot of these activist were marching alonside whites so that tells you, it was just people misrepresenting the American Way kind of like most of you. So rethink and recreate your thought process because
'Injustice anywhere is a threat to Justice everywhere' spoken by a true American, King Jr.
Im not racist so unlike you, my intention is not to degrade or disrespect a culture that I apparently no nothing about. If you dont know or understand African-Americans dont rely on the media to tell you anything real. These are the same people that misinform us about space, deny anomolies over the atlantic, and other credible issues, they misinform us so...
Pick up a book, google can only cover about 1/10 of what I have read, or witnessed...

What is wrong with you? can you not mount any understandble points? ARe you calling me racist? Throughout all i have said where is the implication of me being racist? I simply typed down some facts, and statistics, while you on the other hand have fabricated a bunch of garbage, in the process inventing a new language of incoherency.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

. I really dont no how to insert quotes the "ATS"way but this is what I read if you guys ever pick newspapers up.

Not only do you not know how to insert ATS quotes , you lack the ability to make any sense whatsoever...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
i live in a city thats in the news alot to and as i see city decay and become worse abd worse all i hear are excuses

reperations will only divide this country further apart

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
reply to post by aLinkToThePast

This guy actually justifies slavery.

I seriously cannot believe how nonchalant these people are about slavery

.... how do I justify Slavery? You're trying to justify reparations paid to a group of people who themselves were not involved in the incident. If this generation of african americans were slaves , then i would have no problem with reparations , and compensation being given to them. Why should this generation of "non slaves" have to pay for the actions of people in the past?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You can only see my mistakes. Out of all the facts I pointed out thats all you recognize, that should say enough and reflect where you stand on this issue. Statistics say thier cant be a god, but scientist are looking for "God genes". Statistics is everything expierence cant provide. You look at 10 and assume all 1000 are the same. That is the insolent thought process we have grown away from as Americans. I hope you go out and meet people. Read all of my post they are not points but they are matters of fact. Sorry if you cant keep up.
You dont have to be negative.

One Love

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
and you wouldnt be paying for, just like I myself didnt vote for war on Iraq, these are things the system are responsible for. Obama never said one group of people are responsible, and never said "whites" or anything like that. America is responsible, your tax money and your life wouldnt be effected in anykind of way. They (the machine) throw away money and literally burn money. Build Iraq with billions of your money or heal Americas wounds with The system or the Governments money. So...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reperations will not heal americas wounds but make them deeper

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You can only see my mistakes. Out of all the facts I pointed out thats all you recognize, that should say enough and reflect where you stand on this issue. Statistics say thier cant be a god, but scientist are looking for "God genes". Statistics is everything expierence cant provide. You look at 10 and assume all 1000 are the same. That is the insolent thought process we have grown away from as Americans. I hope you go out and meet people. Read all of my post they are not points but they are matters of fact. Sorry if you cant keep up.
You dont have to be negative.

One Love

hahahahaah your labeling me as a racist... based on what? Where have Istereotyped black people? Please understand English and tell me how i am being racist.... Based on what you have said, I have changed my mind and agreed that reparations are needed on the education system.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

and you wouldnt be paying for, just like I myself didnt vote for war on Iraq, these are things the system are responsible for. Obama never said one group of people are responsible, and never said "whites" or anything like that. America is responsible, your tax money and your life wouldnt be effected in anykind of way. They (the machine) throw away money and literally burn money. Build Iraq with billions of your money or heal Americas wounds with The system or the Governments money. So...

If America is responsible for Black slavery, All great empires , civilizations, countries are in turn responsible for slavery on all the ethnicities and should be making some form of "reparation". Why is it singled out as America... America is not the only country to have had slavery in its history. Why do you not understand this?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I agree , other civs are responsible for all enthnicities, but how many are relevant to us as Americans. We cant worry about incan reperations if the apparently do not care. Can we go to spain and demand reperations for central and south america, no. We have to clean our own backyard before we can begin to do that. And I agree with you on the division, just talking about it has divided us a little more. Im just glad the White House apologized and are considering it means nothing to me if you dont understand. I am also glad that some of us can agree to disagrre without offending people that we apparently no nothing about. I understand your views but I dont agree, is that better. Based on what you wrote I think it is best not only for african-americans to receive a better education system but all of America, because we apparently dwell in the darkness of ignorance rather then the righteousness of knowledge and understanding . I think we can all learn a little bit more.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Your post is funny.

It's also true.

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARSYour knowledge is very limited and on these people you share your country with.

Honestly, I wish very badly that I didn't have to share my country with them. They are a huge drain on the system. That's my belief, sorry. They have ruined all our major inner cities and turned them into slums...places to avoid like the plague. Places that are unsafe to go at night. Places where you have to watch your back (I've almost been mugged by blacks twice, but got away because I out-ran them...lucky me).

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARSHip-Hop reflects reality, as Ice Cube says if certain problems were addressed and he wasnt faced to live how he lived he would have nothing to say.

Hip hop sucks and it sure as hell doesn't reflect my reality at all. I don't even consider it music. It's trash in my opinion. And poor Ice Cube, boo hoo, the millionaire that he is...gee, I feel sorry for him.

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARSDrive-bys, and the non-sense you speak of is the media. I bet you have never been to these places, met any of these people yet you have everything figured out.

Now there's reality!!! This isn't media bull. This is what's going on. In fact, I blame the media for brushing most of it under the carpet and not reporting, because where I live in my city, we are in the top 5 of murder capitals, and guess what? The murders are all black. In 1987 I moved into a beautiful, upscale, all-white, professional development. Quiet, tranquil, peaceful, well-behaved, and absolutely no crime whatsoever. Two years ago the owner of this development (apartments) sold it to a slumlord. To the dismay of many, the black's started moving in by the truckloads. It was only a matter of time since they brought mass transportaion into my area from out of the city. Every time I passed the leasing office, blacks were coming out of it. My Dad saw it (he lived a couple buildings over) and he said, "I'm outta here before it gets bad." Meaning, the crime is on it's way; the development is "turning". Before he moved I told him, "Dad, I give it less than 2 years before we have our first drive-by shooting", I was wrong. It only took 2 months. Last month we had our first execution killing in the court behind me. This would have been totally unheard of when this community was all white. You can argue back, but I'll say you're wrong. And guess what? Both parties involved in the shooting were black guys......one was a tenant. Was I surprised? Not at all. This is normal fare in black neighborhoods. Everyone knows this. I saw it coming. I will be moving very shortly. I have found a new place to live and it's way out in the sticks in white man's land. After all I've seen and experienced, I have little to no respect for the black man. Sorry if that offends you. Ona side note, I do respect the black women. They are friendly, they work hard, they raise the kids...they're responsible.

What makes me wonder is here we have this beautiful neighborhood, out in the county, far away from the city. Clean, quiet, respectful, peaceful. The blacks start moving in. They see how the white man lives in a nice neighborhood. I would think, "Well, now that they are living out here, they have to be happy to escape the city, the crime, the filth. This is the good life." But no, they have dragged their crime into my neighborhood and I, after living here for 20-some years have to move because I will not tolerate this kind of attitude/behavior. So "white flight" will occur. We white folks will move out, and the once beautiful neighborhood that the blacks now have will go down hill quickly. It's a pattern, and we've all scene it many, many times. Until this pattern of crime and hate stops (we're not the haters; the blacks are), the blacks and their culture will always be looked down upon by white culture, and we will never give the black man the respect he wants....until it stops.

No offense meant. I'm being brutally honest. Not trying to be mean, but this is how a vast majority of whites in this country feel. Peace.

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARSIts funny how you think we should leave it the pass but in the July 30th paper it stated the house apologizes on behalf of america for enslaving and placing jim crow laws on African-Americans.

Well, an apology like that will never come from my mouth. It's not deserving. I had nothing to do with slavery at all, period. This is merely a case of Washington kissing Obama's black bottom and nothing more. And every white man in America knows this.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by rocknroll]

[edit on 2-8-2008 by rocknroll]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
We know it will never come from your mouth. Pride and lack of understanding is responsible. I come from a city where from 02-05 was number "1" murder capitol in US, and in 00-01 "1" in the world. So that nonsense you speak of is nothing real. I lived in a community where we have alot of problems we didnt and to this day dont cause. Your familiar with cause and effect right?
I make Hip-Hop and if it doesnt reflect your reality than what reality are you apart of? Hip-Hop is the only genre of music that addresses our injusticeness, the fabled illuminati, and other things that we discuss here. Maybe you have only heard bad things or bad songs(look up Nas-poison) If you wish not to share your country with these good people, then go back to where-ever, America is not a place for this my land crap. You have the wrong place buddy. I have alot of white friends and African-American friends. None of the whites that I have met think like that fortunately. Neighbor hoods are ruined because people like you have thier minds made up before you meet the people. I bet you turn your nose up and 9/10 you get a negative response that validates your presumptions.
Prejudice=Pre+Judge

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Until this pattern of crime and hate stops (we're not the haters; the blacks are), the blacks and their culture will always be looked down upon by white culture, and we will never give the black man the respect he wants....until it stops.

For every effect there is a cause. The black culture is most imitated.
Imitation is the best form of flattery.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARSWe know it will never come from your mouth.

Then you should know why.

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARSPride and lack of understanding is responsible.

This isn't a matter of pride. We are not responsible for your actions. Only you are. Don't blame others for your own faults. I don't blame you for my problems. My problems are my problems. To blame my faults on you would be irresponsible. Committing a crime is irresponsible behavior. If you choose to commit crime it is a decision based on your own free will, not mine.

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARSI lived in a community where we have alot of problems we didnt and to this day dont cause. Your familiar with cause and effect right?

Blaming the white man again? When will the black man accept the responsibility for his own decisions? Deal with your own cause and effect and I'll deal with mine. If you shoot someone it's your problem not mine. We all have free will. Learn to exercise it appropriately or pay the price. No one on this planet gets a free ride. No one. If you choose to embrace crime that's your choice. Blaming your bad decision on another race is ridiculous to say the least. Like I said before, you will never get respect thinking this way. Ever.

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARSI make Hip-Hop and if it doesnt reflect your reality than what reality are you apart of?

I grew up in the 70's. I'm a drummer and I love rock music (hence my name). I like music with "real" drums. Machine beats are an easy out. It doesn't take talent to program beats into a machine. But it does take true talent to sit behind a drum kit and coordinate 4 limbs in synchronicity to paly through an entire song without making a single mistake. That's impressive. Rap music is all 4/4 timing...boring to me. It's way to repetitive for my taste..and listening to people rant about their pent up anger is boring also. There are more interesting things to sing about....more positive thing.

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARSHip-Hop is the only genre of music that addresses our injusticeness, the fabled illuminati, and other things that we discuss here.

I remember a time when black music was very listenable.....Earth, Wind and Fire, The Four Tops, The Temptations, War, Brothers Johnson, The Ojays, Parliament Funkadelic, and yeah, Jimi Hendrix. But your generation has ruined all that. You've turned music into an expression of hate. And you've taken the music out of it......

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARSIf you wish not to share your country with these good people, then go back to where-ever, America is not a place for this my land crap.

Good people? NWA, Ice Cube, Tupac....all "haters". The current list goes on. There are many in your own community that dislike this music. They tend to like jazz or old-fashioned soul music.

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARSYou have the wrong place buddy. I have alot of white friends and African-American friends. None of the whites that I have met think like that fortunately.

And these would be the young, the foolish, the rebellious, who haven't lived long enough to comprehend the world.....ahhhhhh, the folly of youth.

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARSNeighbor hoods are ruined because people like you have thier minds made up before you meet the people.

I had nothing to do with the two black guys and the execution shooting in the court behind me...something that this neighborhood never had to deal with until the black man reared his head in it. I've dealt with the glares, the dirty looks, and the unfriendlyness here since. And it sucks. It's negative, and I'm outta here. Off to a nicer neighborhood, where crime doesn't rule. This was my neighborhood before they moved in. It's not like I moved into their neighborhood. I've been here since 1987, when it was all white, when it was peaceful, when it was crime-free. No more though......

As long as crime follows you guys around, the respect will never ever happen. That's the deal. Read the Bible. It tells us that living in the past is bad. It tells us to live in the present, because we'll never know when our number is up. It also tells us not to worry about tomorrow, because for some us tomorrow will never come.

[edit on 3-8-2008 by rocknroll]

[edit on 3-8-2008 by rocknroll]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Blaming the white man again? When will the black man accept the responsibility for his own decisions? Deal with your own cause and effect and I'll deal with mine.

I am going to share another universal law. What doesnt effect you directly can and will effect you indirectly. So in a sense your effects has caused...Your(as an individual-not a race) cause has effects
I am young but wisdom is wisdom and age doesnt always define our understanding as we can see.
You guys see how it always turns out to be a racist thing. No one said whites.
Your a 70's drummer, you should know the advent of the drum machine was long awaited and appreciated by real musicians. The ability to store thousands of real drums in a machine. I bet your songs consist of a handful of drums while the Hip-Hop drummer Just Blaze uses 14-15 drums in one song,7-8 snares and he uses the sticks. Look up ?uestlove and see his drumming. Your knowledge is not based on fact at all.
Their our more positve things we sing about like how to overcome and deal with individual like you, the old-way people. The music uses samples to commerate and acknowledge those groups you mentioned. You are talking about the corny side of commercial rap. If you commercialize anything it loses its splendor, look at rock.
Why do you think African-Americans move into these white neighborhoods. They are leaving things in the past trying to start something new, but they are faced again with people with these opinions and these statistics. The Bible tells us to recognize our past so that we will be able to move foward. Thats why there is even a thing called genesis so some of us can realize what went wrong, and how can we fix it. We dont dwell in our own opinions and statistics, or at least I dont I deal in experience. I work with older white people that tell me "if this was 30 yrs ago, we couldnt sit here and talk like this" , so no... Its not this rebellious generation I prefer to be around or converse with.
What satanic bible do you read?
We have our respect globaly if you have ever left the woods you will see how hard it is for you to go around the world.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
We put our own twist on it kinda like elvis or the 12 overseeing the prosecuted(egypt), or maybe like the idea of an interconnected knowledge base everyone can contribute to(great library, first and last of its kind replaced by the internet imo), or maybe our ....I can go on for hours.
The idea of real civilization was mimicked by these nations, some people would have never known what it was like to eat cooked food, some people will still think its okay to be cannibals. Africa used spices, and had sophisticated music, one of the only kinds of music in the world that cannot fit into our modern 12 crap system. These were one of the first civilized people that will be imitated forever. Everyone in Africa didnt make straw hats, some of us were the first the alchemist the planet has every seen and made our own materials.
One Love

[edit on 3-8-2008 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
None of those people deserve any sort of apology from the government. No money, no words, nothing. They were never slaves themselves, and we never owned any. Sure our acestors did and their ancestors were slaves but we are not responsible for their actions. What more is there to say?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join