It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Word to the Third Party and Non Voters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

TR, You and I have very different perspectives on political reality.

For example, I do not believe that voting is a sham.

I do believe however that many people are brainwashed by either side into voting for them one way or another. But, IMO, that doesn't mean it's rigged from the top down.

I respect your stance, but we are on very different planes in respect to our viewpoints on the democratic process in America.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Your vote does not count! I don't see why people think this. I doubt your vote even goes through the system and gets counted...

As Propaghandi says "If you're dumb enough to vote, you're F###### dumb enough to believe them."

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I just wanted to drop a link to a thread a few weeks ago about a former employee of ESS and Diebold taking over elections committees in Texas. The man that was heading it up resigned due to lack of support for accountable voting systems. Even if Ron Paul's own state votes him in, it wont be that way by the time the votes get counted.

Your Votes have been stolen and will be stolen again.

Theres an excellent video on that thread that i highly recommend all american voters watch.

Lesser of 2 evils to choose from. Good people to write in. We will see who THEY want in office, not who we want IMHO.

Silver

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
In principle, our votes represent our 'voice'.

The electoral college removed our voice long ago.

Next time you are at the ballot box, ask how you can 'write in a vote'. The machine will not answer. Pick what was put on the list or be silent.

Some hold to the ideology that voting is an act of violence. The machines will keep your votes where the establishment wants them to be.

I am still going to vote.

There are two realities that even the most entrenched conspiracy, if true, must face. First, people get old and die, including the 'elites', and second, their lust for power and control will make them turn against each other eventually.

Eventually, someone from within could pleasantly surprise us all, (and metaphorically send the elite machinery into a nose dive). Don't look for it from any of the cookie-cutter Hollywood politicians we've been sold as the heroic leader we have all been waiting for. That's just window dressing. It will be someone from within. Someone who, hopefully, will grow tired of the hubris and presumption that self-determination is inferior to submission to elite governance.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

we have diffrent opinions because i am what you will be after you vote for obama. i am you in the future.

i voted for bush because while he was campaining he said:

"lets reduce the deficit" and he increased more than any other president ever has.

he said "lets not get involved policing the world" and then he turned my country into the worlds police.

he said "lets be tough on the border" and he left the doors of our country wide open after sept 11th no less.

i thought to myself how can he do these things? who is he really serving? he isnt serving the conservatives that voted for him. he is serving the globalists. and so is obama and so is mccain.

so you can think obama is all unicorns and rainbows but 2 years from now when hes sending our troops into tehran youll regret your vote when you see a picture of some iranian child with their face blown off.

take it from me. dont make my mistake. dont vote, at least youll be able to sleep at night.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Actually I saw Bush saying these things as well, but he was never convincing to me. I know he must have been convincing to others because when I questioned these things, the told me to shut up and get in line.

However, I would like you to know that I expect Obama to be more than Rainbows and Unicorns. I expect Fairies too DAMMIT!

Seriously though. I voted Nader in 2000 because the dems were not representing their base, and trying to get conservatives to defect.

I see Hillary as that same line of centrist democrats, but I see Obama as different. Now I'm not saying that "I AM RIGHT", but, this has been the first time I have ever felt represented.

And to be honest, no one can screw this up as much as Bush did.

Although I know you believe voting doesn't help. But I can't see how you think it would hurt.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

well I should not have believed bush i realize that now. wish i had spent the night before drinking in college like the rest of my freinds and skipped voting. oh well.

but just like you could see through bush then, i can see through obama now.
i dont believe a word of what he says, and thats saying alot because most of what he says is pure pop-psychology feel good fluff devoid of substance.

i guess it is just one of those things you will never understand till it is too late and it happens to you.
unfortunatly true.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Every vote counts

I couldn't disagree more, and I believe this would be an outstanding topic for debate. Unfortunately, I do not have the tenacity to be part of such a feat within the confines of ATS-style debate, but would love to see it debated nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Actually I saw Bush saying these things as well, but he was never convincing to me.

I didn't believe him, either, but after 9/11, When he stood among the rubble and yelled in that guy's ear with the megaphone, I got a glimpse of what people saw in him. I could almost believe he was sincere.

But the point I want to make about this is that just because Bush was lying about these things doesn't necessarily mean that Obama is lying, too. He could be, absolutely, but I'm not basing anything about Obama on Bush.

Although I know you believe voting doesn't help. But I can't see how you think it would hurt.

I think I'm beginning to understand how some think it would hurt. I don't agree with it, but I understand. If we vote for one of their two choices, that sends a message to them that we are still being "fooled" by their evil scheme. It's a message of compliance. If we refuse to vote, at least we aren't complying with the system.

Is that anywhere close to right, Republic?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Nice to hear from you, so here's what I think:

I will be voting because I can't say for certain that it is totally rigged. Even if it is and I vote there is also a chance that it could be uncovered.

However, my last ditch efforts at civil change are wearing rather thin.

At what point do we put thoughts into action.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
However, my last ditch efforts at civil change are wearing rather thin.
At what point do we put thoughts into action.

Well now that is the question, isn't it?

Personally, I've not reached that point yet, mostly because of the rampant apathy amongst people who should be involved in the process, but aren't. If, and I emphasize "if", a large majority are involved in the process and the results are found to indeed be predetermined, then I've reached my point of no return. ...and it's time to tear it down and rebuild.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

perfectly stated. could not have said it better myself. a star for you. and believe me obama is the same as mccain.

in addition to those that say voting couldnt hurt i say otherwise. try looking an iraqi in the eye and telling him you voted for bush because there wasnt anyone better. ive done that. i will never do it again. each vote is a silent nod of agreement to a wreched state of the world. its time to stop nodding yes and start scraming "NO!"

make yourselves heard.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I'm a little confused. Your avatar is the kool-aid man.

Is that because you are offering us your kool-aid of how the man is keeping you down?

Or are you lampooning my and others kool-aid that Obama is a great candidate for President?

Could you clear that up, because it could really go either way

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
So what are all of you doing to change things? Or maybe a better question is what would you do to change things? I'm seeing here, and in other places lots of people saying there are problems, big ones, bigger ones, and catastrophic ones... They're not entirely mistaken, there are problems, both large and small. What I'm not seeing, or hearing, is solutions, or attempts at solutions.

I'm as guilty of that as anyone...I'm ashamed to say. Let's hear some. I'll start.

Political corruption in all facets of the political arena, ok solution number one: Term limits, two terms maximum. Constitutional amendment if neccessary, and it might be; to make it stick.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
First off i will be writing in Ron Paul whether its rigged or not. At least I can sleep at night. Second you either vote or you grab a gun. If you are that unconfident in our system then do one or the other. I feel our government is a puppet to the bankers but I still hold out a sliver of hope that certain people can make a difference but the dems and repubs for sure cannot.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Although the fix is probably "in", and TV media has rallied around one guy, almost pretending that the other does not exist (which also happened to Paul), there is a word that can add, or take away SOME of the wind, from the winner's sails:

The word is mandate:
And in Presidential elections, it usually means that the candidate has received either over 50 percent, or has won by a large margin. (Real votes, as opposed to those from the Electoral College).

It is EXTREMELY important, that this terminology not be used at all for either candidate this Season ( except to say that a mandate was not achieved).

This is why I will vote 3rd party. No mandate.

It may not mean much, but in the years that follow, it cannot, and will not be used by Mainstream Media to describe the winner. It's a psychological boost that neither of the two deserve.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

my avatar is for the obama kool aide drinkers. I talked to one earlier in another thread that almost made my head exsplode, I went into a trance and saw the kool aide man so i figured id make him my avatar.

hopefully this koolaide man will make people spill their obama koolaide, and actually think outside the box. (y koolaide de juan mccain tambien!)

if not there is always this:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

just FYI:
Kool-Aid = beatles/'___'
Flavor-aid = Jonestown/cyanide

common misconception.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Are you SURE you will be able to 'write in' anything on the ballot? I don;t think that's an option unless your away from your registered voting location or your overseas or in the military.

I am PRAYING you're going to tell me I'm wrong because I too want to 'write-in' a candidates name. It doesn't seem to be included among the options granted in the voting structure here in NY.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by mybigunit

Are you SURE you will be able to 'write in' anything on the ballot? I don;t think that's an option unless your away from your registered voting location or your overseas or in the military.

I am PRAYING you're going to tell me I'm wrong because I too want to 'write-in' a candidates name. It doesn't seem to be included among the options granted in the voting structure here in NY.

Cant you go absentee?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join