It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Word to the Third Party and Non Voters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
At what point do we put thoughts into action.

Hey, Jethro.

That it the question. And I think IF there is a design by the "evil ones". the idea is to keep the people from reaching that point with distractions of one kind or another. A few will reach that point and be knocked down or contained. It's a matter of an unorganized revolt. No one hits their limit at the same time. A man hits his limit and he goes screaming into the street and he's taken away and locked up as "insane".

The only way to be effective is to have organization. That's what I thought Ron Paul was going to do, but I don't think so any more. He's all about LOVE. Which is a good thing, but it can't take our country back.

And the Internet is no longer safe.

Originally posted by TheRepublic
my avatar is for the obama kool aide drinkers.

I get called that all the time. And, while I appreciate the sentiment, I take offense at the ASSUMPTION that anyone who strongly supports Obama is a little out of their mind. Because a lot of people support him for good reasons. The Kool-aid thing, while cute, is divisive. Just my thoughts.

Originally posted by Maxmars
Are you SURE you will be able to 'write in' anything on the ballot?

I think absentee ballots have a place for a write in.

Spacedoubt, good post.
No Mandate. I like that.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have read this thread throughout,and am dumbfounded by the apathy from so many posters.
It should never be a question as to vote or not.The question one needs ask is who do I believe in? Who supports the adgenda I support? Vote with your heart,just vote!
There are some here that complain that there is no way to write in a vote.
WRONG!! Election commissions are required by law to allow a write in ballot.If the machine you are useing does not allow you to type in the name of your cantidate,ask for a paper ballot!! You have that right!

I agree with an earlier post that we should disallow either top tier cantidate a mandate.
I plan to write in Ron Paul for president for two reasons.One is that in my opinion he is the most honest cantidate in the race.The second is that every third party vote sends a message to the democrats and republicans that there are people wise to their deception.
In most elections less than half of the registered voters even vote.Imagine what could be accomplished if all nonvoting registered voters voted for a third party

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
So what are all of you doing to change things?

I just got your U2U. And I think it's a good subject.

What I do is educate. That's about all I can see to do right now as a single individual. Until more organization is forthcoming from those in more powerful positions, all I think I can do is say what I think, research, post things like, WATCH ZEITGEIST!!! and talk with friends and family...

Or maybe a better question is what would you do to change things?

I'm not a politician. I have no clue where to even start. But I feel fairly impotent as regards implementing any solutions.

I like the term limits idea. But I suspect that anyone who gets high enough in the government to take a powerful office is somewhat corrupt. I would like to kick them ALL out and start over.

Election reform! There's an idea for you!
They can mange to figure my taxes to the penny and the banks can keep track of every single dollar among millions and millions, but they can't count the freaking votes???

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
There are many strong opinions that have been posted and I respect everyone that voice them. So I guess it's my turn to voice mine.

You are voting for a puppet that will represent the enterprise which is the united states. By not voting, you are becoming apart of another form of separation. That is the name of the game and why we have electoral vote, because it is nothing but separation of the american people. The truth is... they have so much set in place, it guarantees that the voting process will always take place. We all know that there are ALOT of people out there that don't care or defend the lies that are created. Sure many people aren't aware of what is going on, but this has become so normal that those people won't believe it, even if the evidence smacks them in the face. The reality I face is, I'm not sure what can be done. That won't play into a lie or cause separation.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I would still like to be convinced that voting is a valid option at all, regardless of what one thinks of the candidates.

As far as I'm concerned, this issue is probably as polarized as Truthers vs Officials, or even Athiests vs Christians.

I'm also interested to know how many people that think voting matters are aligned left, and how many are aligned right.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

I agree. That would be interesting, Lol

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
I'm also interested to know how many people that think voting matters are aligned left, and how many are aligned right.

All I can say is that I'm not sure whether voting matters, but I'm voting, on the assumption that it does. I may be wrong, but that's why I'm voting.

I am aligned right and left. Depending on the issue.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
No it wasn't stolen...

If there are problems, and you'll notice that I'm not saying there aren't...it's because foolish people like us allowed it to happen by our boundless apathy.

Get it straight people, we're the cause, not some nebulous "other" that's so convenient to blame. Sorry, no scapegoats allowed...let's all look in the mirror people, there's the enemy...but most of us are going to be too apathetic to be bothered.

It's easier to blame "others"...

Oh a person with reality in their veins
nice post

Those that allow e voting machines deserve neither freedom or safety
Those that allow courts to choose a president for them need not ask why they have a dictator

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I agree that not voting at all might as well be the same as voting. however, ron paul appears to be the only one even talking about some of the very things you are speaking of. he isn't one of the bad guys. so I say vote for him and call it a day.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I completely agree with the thread starter 100%. It doesn't matter which one of these two people you vote for. The plan has already been set in motion. Anyone that thinks voting for either one of these guys will change anything is unfortunately delusional.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah i also think alot of people should watch Zeitgeist. I showed it to a couple people and they were blown away. Changed the whole way they looked at things.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What I really think…

What I really think about this election is that it DOES NOT matter who our next president is. It doesn’t matter if it’s Obama or McCain, because the powers that be have this all wrapped up and they are going to have their way regardless which person sits in the seat. It’s all a game, It’s all for show. It’s all to keep us busy, keep us distracted, keep us amused, occupied, while they do their thing.

So, you say, “Vote third party! Be smart like me and vote for Ron Paul or Bob Barr.”

And my question is… What the hell makes you think Ron Paul would be allowed to become the president??? What makes you think that voting 3rd party is going to make ANY difference whatsoever? If there is no difference between Obama and McCain, why would anyone else, who this government permitted to sit in the seat, be any different?

And you say that at least a vote for 3rd party will “show them” that we’re not going to do the 2-party system anymore! We’ll make a statement! We’ll “show them”!

Again, I’ve got to ask… What the hell makes you think they care whether we vote for Obama, McCain, Ron Paul or Mickey Mouse??? So we “show them”. Why? So they can laugh? Then what? Is there some illusion that if a lot of people vote 3rd party, in 2012 things will magically be different?

You stand up and puff your chest out and say, “Wake up, America! Vote third party”! Like you have some sort of answer and you’re smarter than the rest. And as far as I can see, you’re living under the same illusion that all the Obama or McCain voters are living under - That you will somehow make a difference with your vote. That you still have some power. Some control.

But you’re wrong! It doesn’t matter if you vote for a Democrat, Republican, Independent, Libertarian or Disney Character… They have the future planned. So, for all your holier-than-thou preaching about how smart you are, I gotta say, you’re no smarter than those who are voting for Obama or McCain. You’re just living under a slightly different illusion. You’re as delusional as the rest.

If you disagree, I’d LOVE to hear why. I’d LOVE to hear how you think voting for someone else is going to make a difference. And if you think it’s not going to make a difference, I’d love to hear that, too. And if that’s the case, then why are you talking down to those who are choosing a different illusion? So you’ll feel better about being screwed when the time comes?

Let’s say my doctor told me that I was going to die within a month, and I got a second opinion and a third and fourth and they all agreed that I was on my way out… The fifth doctor I see tells me that if I take this one pill, that has NO side effects, I’d have a 5% chance of beating this thing and living a healthy life. Would I take the pill? You bet I would.

That’s how I see this election. We’re “on our way out.” The people no longer have any power. The government has us by the short and curlies, they have it all planned out and regardless who wins this election, the plan isn’t going to change.

Massive revolt is the only way out - and they’ve even prepared for that (prison camps). And besides, people are too comfy watching their big screen TVs to step outside and think about a real revolution.

So, here we are, coming up on this “election” (for your entertainment and amusement, folks).

Now, if I’m correct, it doesn’t matter who I vote for. IT DOESN’T MATTER. It doesn’t make a difference. Nothing will change. If I vote or don’t vote. If I vote for Obama or McCain, or write in Ron Paul or Bugs Bunny. NOTHING will make a difference in the outcome of this master plan.

If I’m correct, that’s reality. But I could be wrong. Maybe they haven’t covered all the bases. Maybe I’m just a bit paranoid. Maybe there’s a slight chance (5%?) that Obama is what he seems to be. Maybe, if I vote for him and he wins, he will make a difference in the crash course of this country.

I know… it sounds naïve. I know it could be false hope. But if the 5th doctor gave me a pill and said there’s a 5% chance it would cure the ill, I would take it. That’s why I’m voting for Obama. Because even though I KNOW it doesn’t make a difference, there’s a chance, a slight chance that I’m wrong.

And if I’m right, and the country is on its way to hell in a hand basket, then those who don’t vote or vote 3rd party, thinking they’re all that for “being awake”; somehow wiser and more intellectual than the rest… well, they’re just as delusional as everyone else.

That’s what I really think.

What would happen if a very small amount of people would vote to whatever party is out there. That would really send a powerful message that the people don't like anyone running since as you say it doesn't matter who is running. Therefore, don't vote.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

WOW!!! You absolutely took every word, expression, opinion, and so on out of my mouth...about the voting not mattering, AT ALL!!! OUR votes don't mean doo-doo...haven't for thirty or so years! Sorry, the truth isn't as sweet as the big screens play that is going on...

Again I believe you have it right on the voting issue...

Not so much on the Obama issue...@#&* Obama---@#&* McCain---

PEACE

[edit on 28-7-2008 by daddymax]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Either you are a seriously confused person or you have some twisted point you are trying to prove w/ all this.

I remember another post where you asked if Ron Paul was still running. You said that you really liked him and if he were, you would vote him. Then you said that you were going for Obama bc he was the two of the ones that were running that could actually win.

NOW you are saying that you don't think it matters, yet you are still voting for obama but at the same time questioning anyone NOT voting or voting 3rd party BBBUUUTTTT you are still voting for obama?

again, you sound very confused and a confused person should not be so certain on who they are voting for yet.

either that or you are trying to sway votes over to obama.

answer your own question, why are YOU still bothering to vote for obama if you really believe that it is already decided!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

If it doesn't matter who we vote for, then why waste any vote at all?

I've been thinking about this election, and personally I would rather vote if nothing else for my own conscience.

Not voting, feeling that collectively we are helpless, that we cannot change things further removes power from the people, and what does it say to our children?

Don't think that because they are young that they aren't aware of their parents political thoughts... If we openly discuss these things as if our votes dont really matter, then when they reach the age and are able to vote how does all of this affect them?

Their future could depend on our ability to take a stand now and do more to return power to the people of this country... a start would be to start thinking positive, believe that your vote does matter, and spread it among all the adults you can, if we initiate changes now, the future for our children will matter, and THEY will have a voice.

Apathy can and will destroy this country, if we let it.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by The_Alarmist2012]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Alarmist2012

I've been thinking about this election, and personally I would rather vote if nothing else for my own conscience.

Star for you!! That is the reason I am voting. If someone wants to believe their vote doesn't count, whatever. It may or may not. But at least I WILL KNOW that I have done what I can do..

If someone wants to sell out and vote for obama, you WILL be just as responsible for what happens while he is in office.

Again, this thread REEKS of left wing propaganda. I am still voting my conscience.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I dont want to sound racist, but what people have probably felt like this about this political system for the past century?

Why would it matter who they voted for? I feel the fed is looking for a new horse to ride. Am I just crazy?

If not they have Bush part 3 to fall back on.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Mailman]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
Either you are a seriously confused person or you have some twisted point you are trying to prove w/ all this.

I'm not confused. You may not understand where I'm coming from, but that doesn't mean I'm confused. In the first post, I said:

"That’s why I’m voting for Obama. Because even though I KNOW it doesn’t make a difference, there’s a chance, a slight chance that I’m wrong."

answer your own question, why are YOU still bothering to vote for obama if you really believe that it is already decided!!!

Because I'm open-minded enough to know that I might be wrong.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

ok..... but based on your question, why would you just single out third party and non voters? That is what makes me question your motives.

If there were no motive behind your question (which I am not saying there definatively is), then why not address this to ALL voters? and why even bother addressing non voters?

To me, you are highly suspect of fishing for votes for your chosen party. Just calling it like I see it and curious about these things.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
ok..... but based on your question, why would you just single out third party and non voters? That is what makes me question your motives.

If there were no motive behind your question (which I am not saying there definatively is), then why not address this to ALL voters? and why even bother addressing non voters?

To me, you are highly suspect of fishing for votes for your chosen party. Just calling it like I see it and curious about these things.

I tend to agree with you justamomma. I posed a similar question earlier today, and got a very vulgar reply for my efforts. If voting really doesn't matter, why support any candidate at all?

It's like saying "I don't really like baseball, but I just bought season tickets..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join