It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Word to the Third Party and Non Voters

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Zealott

the NWO only has power because people think they are free and have a voice. once people realize that we are all slaves and are silenced there will be an uprising. people will tear the NWO down in a matter of months. people will not listen to their pre-approved leaders. we will find our own leaders.

true change will happen.

the alternitive of course is everyone votes we get 100% turnout and either mccain or obama is president. then when people get disapointed with their policies you will hear all over the news "well the american people voted for them its their fault" and people will all just give up.

i prefer option #1.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Hey BT, go check this thread out.

A Barak Hussein Obama Representative Just Knocked On My Door...

Anyone else who goes to check it out, make sure and come back to BT's thread here afterwards.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Wow! I'm like you. I HATE unannounced visitors of any kind. My family don't even "drop by". They know they have to call first.

I don't know what I'd do. Probably say it's none of their business. Or else, "It depends on what happens in the next few months"... Because I could change my mind.

Weird, though.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Wow! I'm like you. I HATE unannounced visitors of any kind. My family don't even "drop by". They know they have to call first.

I don't know what I'd do. Probably say it's none of their business. Or else, "It depends on what happens in the next few months"... Because I could change my mind.

Weird, though.

I can't stand unannounced visitors. BT, come on by and drop a post in there if you would like, you're always welcome on any thread I've done.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I personally am voting for Stewie Griffin. He is destine to rule the world!!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForceMaster
I personally am voting for Stewie Griffin. He is destine to rule the world!!

You said that, and I'm watching Family Guy.

Stewie Griffin for President on YouTube :

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Because it matters to me, because regardless of what others do I still follow my conscience. I agree that it doesn't matter one way or the other because they are all the same guy. I am not the type to puff up and tell anyone to do anything. I don't spout off about politics in any way to be honest.

Still I was taught that you choose a candidate that is in line with your own personal belief system and you vote for them. Not that I believe my vote does any good, but at least I know I did the right thing.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Obama supports the Patriot Act. Doesn't that alone mean there is a 0% chance he is looking out for our best interests?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

It might mean that.
It means we strongly disagree on some issues.

I'll be interested to see what he does in the next few months.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I know its all the same- the president is already chosen, this is all a head game, in fact, im so sick of it i hardly post anything about the village idiot or the rest of them.

But on the slightest chance, that i could be wrong, and there is that 1% chance i will go vote for Obama, and i expect no change. I expect the NWO to keep right on trucking, i expect the worse, but again, going o n the 1% hope that something could change, i will try to do my share, eventhough i said i wouldnt do it before.

Its a last breath, a last ray of hope, and i know 99% is an illusion of mine.
How sad to sit here and have absolutely almost no hope to undo what those idiots did to this country and the world......

Anyway, very good thread, just some of my thoughts.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

You say 1%, I say 5%.

But there is a chance. And that's what I'm going on. If I'm wrong, I'll be no more disappointed than if I didn't vote. So, I might as well add my name to the list that think there's still something to hope for.

And I've been reading some good things out of Washington. So... who knows? By November, it may be up to 8%.

Thanks for your input.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I am a realist and I see things for what they are not for what I hope they might turn out to be. You have your right to praise, adore, and elevate your candidate to an idol status. I respect that. However, I also have my right not to vote for Obama or McCain. And I am not voting for a third party just because I think the third party is the answer to our problems. The reason I am not voting for either is because it makes no difference.

Do you really think that a Senator with such little experience was single handedly able to enter this election, come up with all these plans, inspire so many people, grab so much media attention, and defeat the Clinton machine? Hell no, he has some influential people pulling his strings. People who are expecting something in return once he becomes President.

Do you really think he will be able to force Congress to do it's job and pass legislation exactly as he wants them? Hell no, Congress likes to tell the President what to do. Congress always tacks on amendments to appease their own voting blocks. They will throw the President under the bus if he gets in their way.

Do you really think he will control our spending habit? Hell no. He already said he plans to move troops out of Iraq to Afghanistan, keep a residual force (residual undefined) in Iraq, keep troops in the area. Whatever happened to bringing the troops home from IRAQ. If he isn't bringing them home then that means we will still be spending about the same money on the war. His increase taxes on the rich will help pay for some things, but what will pay for all the new initiatives or programs he plans to create.

I could go on and on but I won't This isn't about Obama or McCain, it's about Congress. Congress passes most of the legislation that impacts us economically, socially, legally, and every other way possible. If you want change then you must turn your attention to Congress. Instead of electing Dems or Reps you should encourage an Independent to run. An IND who is willing to sign a contract to only serve for the 4 or 6 years required and vows to tackle the issues that present politicians avoid. Politicians avoid them because they are unpopular and require huge sacrifice among every American. We are a financial wreck and spending more will not save us. We need politicians who will pass legislation that will fix our oil dependency problem, social security, medicaid, infrastructures, education system, our national debt, tax system, and other areas that are slowly destroying this great nation.

I am as patriotic as they come but respect you if you think that Obama or McCain can solve these problems. Personally, I think the President is a sitting duck as long as Congress continues to do business as usual. Many members of Congress are very rich. Do you really think they will pass legislation that will take a huge chunk of their money? I'm sure there will be many loopholes.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
You have your right to praise, adore, and elevate your candidate to an idol status.

Can you show me where I've done this?

Do you really think that a Senator with such little experience was single handedly able to enter this election, come up with all these plans, inspire so many people, grab so much media attention, and defeat the Clinton machine? Hell no...

You ask me a question and then answer it for me?

Oh, as I read on, I see it's a pattern. So there's no need for me to respond at all. All the questions are answered.

If you want change then you must turn your attention to Congress.

I agree.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Firstly... I'm not voting for any of those clowns they're pushing. I believe that Ron Paul is the only one who could straighten out the mess this country is in. But there is no way TPTB will let that happen.

So if I choose not to vote, that sends the message that I give up my voting rights. To me, that's not an option.

If I choose to vote for Ron Paul, at least I am sending them the message that I'm not falling for their crap, not voting for their puppets and I'm not stupid enough to play their game.

I know that Ron Paul is not going to win, but at least voting for him sends the message I want to send. And the more people who send that message, the more they will realize that most Americans are not willing to play their game anymore.

Will this change anything in the future? I don't know. But I would rather they understand that we're a bit smarter than they thought as opposed to thinking we're all nothing but stupid sheep.

Edit to add: I don't buy anything I see advertised on TV. That speaks for itself.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by annestacey]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I apologize. I responded to your post but was talking in general about people adoring their candidate. As far as answering questions I answered based on what I deem to be a pattern of Congress. You can still answer them if you see different. You might enlighten me with your answers.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
that way no matter which a---hole gets elected they will not have a mandate. they will not have support. they will be on thin ice from day one and will have to try and gain peoples trust.

The PTB of the US don't care about "the peoples' trust". Anybody that any real human has heard of is essentially a puppet of the behind the scenes types that really run things. And those people (to use the term loosely) don't answer to voters so don't care about things like trust, honor, decency, etc. They care about furthering their own profits/power, etc.

Even if Obama, for whom I'm currently planning to 'vote' gets elected, I have little hope it will make any significant difference. I hope I'm wrong...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

thats exactly why im not voting.
they dont need our support.
they dont need our trust.
they wont listen to us anyway.
they dont even need our votes now thanks to diebold and the puppet media.

and you dont think your vote will matter anyway, so why are you voting?
and why would someone with a NRA hat support obama?

man what a confusing world.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
and why would someone with a NRA hat support obama?

It would be nice to put everyone is a little cubbyhole and feel like you know everything about them, wouldn't it? FORTUNATELY, not everyone fits 100% in the box of one or the other political party.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

it has nothing to do with parties it has to do with issues.
if you support gun rights there is no way on earth you should be supporting obama. absolutely not.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
So, you think a person should only vote for someone with whom they agree 100% on 100% of the issues?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join