It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Being Walking on Mars? IMAGE

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Having looked at the image in the context of the original high resolution marscape it seems to me to be probable that we're seeing a boulder that erosion made fall off a cliff formation that is more to the right of the picture, and the marks are it rolling down a sandy slope to it's resting point.

But for a while it sure looked like a person walking. Fractal geometry of the universe is a bitch, eh?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I think it's a great pic regardless of it most likely, IMO, a rock playing tricks on our eyes. But, when I took a copy of the OP's photo from page one of this thread I couldn't help but notice two strange "things" when looking at the photo at 400% zoom. One is a weird, almost emboss, looking round 'smooth circle with a point thing' and another is a round 'ball thing' that looks as if it has a "plus" symbol on top of it. Maybe this is just my eyes seeing things, but as someone who uses graphics software on a daily basis and is used to being up close to pixels these two 'things' just seem a little odd to me. Especially if this is the surface of Mars.

"Things" in question I circled in Red here.

Anyone else notice these?

Bzzzzzzz

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I look at this picture and keep an open mind. Mars is another planet, and if it did at one time support life, who's to say that they looked anything like what we have hear on earth? It could be a rock, i've never quite seen a rock rolling down a hill in that pattern. I think that if we actually found something on Mars we'd capture it, study it, do all kinds of horrible things to the being, and it in turn would probably die of shock. I fully believe there is life on other planets, and maybe the sign of intelligence is that it hasn't tried to contact us. The best way to determine if the picture contains a being or a rock is to take ANOTHER PICTURE!!!!!!!! see if it is still there or if it moved....why doesn't NASA think of these things when they find stuff like this?????

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
PEOPLE FFS, STOP SAYING IT DOESN'T RESEMBLE A WALKING PATTERN, AT LEAST IN YOUR EYES

Whatever the # that thing is, it's NOT from earth. Maybe it doesn't walk like us, maybe it isn't even a damn humanoid.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Oh.. ok, I guess you are right, it's obviously an alien that just happened to be walking from nowhere in particular, going no where else in particular, that was caught on camera at that moment, at probably odds that defy the hardest-to-win lottery, that's gotta be it. Even though the pattern is so diverse, it would indicate it was jumping or taking tiny steps intermittedly, and meandering a bit, I'm sure it's an alien. And the large and small steps, we'll ignore those, because even though they don't mesh up with the SLIGHTLY larger prints you'd garner from walking on sand, it's again, obviously an alient. The long shadow tells us so! Even though a smaller rock has a very long shadow. Let's ignore that.

Do you folks use your heads? Honestly, I came to this board for intelligent conversation. And I am very willing to jump feet-first into anything that has some credibility to it, the stuff folks come up with on this board just boggle my mind. This is a ROCK. It ROLLED. That's it, end of story. It's not some square-headed alien that was magically caught on camera at that moment, after what would appear to be a drunken hike after some alien party.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This is a prime example of "gravity wasting " or also as it is know "mass wasting". Many of the photos by Lunar Orbiting spacecraft show this effect on sloped surfaces on the Moon where a noticeable trail follows the boulder/rock as it descends downward due to the force of gravity on the regolith. This effect can be accomplished without any transport medium such as wind, water or ice. See this link.

www.tulane.edu...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Nerevar

Your thumbs down makes me question your judgment Nerevar. This IS interesting, without any debate. Is it possible that it is something? Yes! Thumbs down? You've downgraded every post you've made or will make to an Evelyn Wood--gloss over .

delius

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I think as previous members have said, its probably just a rock rolling down.
I'm probably way off, but this is what it looks like to me.

Indeed the two rocks on the right have short shadows, but you can see the rock above the "Walker" also has a long shadow and is a small object. So that could suggest that the objects near the left of the photo are on a different elevationl then the rocks on the right (this shows in the rocks footprints showing that its rolling downward instead of a straight line).

[img=http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8619/shaowfh5.th.jpg]

[edit on 27/7/08 by LI(f)E.]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Religion
PEOPLE FFS, STOP SAYING IT DOESN'T RESEMBLE A WALKING PATTERN, AT LEAST IN YOUR EYES

Whatever the # that thing is, it's NOT from earth. Maybe it doesn't walk like us, maybe it isn't even a damn humanoid.

First off...foul language doesn't impress one that you are more compelling in your argument, on the contrary it degrades your message. Why would you state "...it's not from earth". John Lear states man first traveled to Mars in 1966, in the secret space program operated by the Air Force using anti-gravity propulsion that was "stolen" from crashed alien craft.

Seriously, I would guess it is probably somthing natural, but I'm glad the post was made and encourage others to post unexplainable images they encounter. It is how reasonable people can make observations that might not ever get published otherwise. Good post!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

so.. here we have a alien walking around on mars.. and you my man are the first to discover him... I would say that makes you about one of the smartest men on the planet.. and you should be on all the talk shows, news programs,, leno,, letterman.. obrien.. etc.etc.. I wouldnt shy away from asking a lot of money either,, something this big .. has got to be worth millions and millions.. just think of the consulting fees you can get.. if you are asked to look at some more mars photos. I say go for it.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Good post!

Really interesting picture, however as so many else also have suggested I guess this is just a natural phenomenon that is tricking our eyes. But I guess it's always a remote possibility that it could be a living creature, a picture taken even a few hours after this picture would tell us what it is, but uess the problem is that we don't have that second picture.

That beeing said, it's a really nice find, an interesting observation.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Things that are needed here.
1 - Resolution of the image
2 - Distance it was taken from
3 - Scale
Without these details, it means nothing - although it is seriously interesting.

I have similar photos of "rocks" rolling up and out of craters on the moon too. They are in a book, but the NASA numbers for those who are interested are 67-H-1135.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzingOn

That is probably the result of too much resizing.

This is what the image looks like in IAS Viewer without any change, only with the "Auto Dynamic Range Adjustment" applied.

The image from the Opening Post was already resized and sharpened.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neil wilkes
Things that are needed here.
1 - Resolution of the image
2 - Distance it was taken from
3 - Scale
Without these details, it means nothing - although it is seriously interesting.
What is the difference between resolution and scale?

The scale and the distance were already provided by internos on the first post of page 3, when he posted the following image.

This information is also available (and it was take from there) on the page provided by super70 on the last post of the second page, the HiRISE page for photo PSP_008938_1750.

As this is the original, not map projected photo, the scale is 27.5 cm per pixel. The distance was 275 km.

I have similar photos of "rocks" rolling up and out of craters on the moon too. They are in a book, but the NASA numbers for those who are interested are 67-H-1135.
If they are (or were) really rolling up then they are very interesting, specially if they did not roll from a higher place.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Go look at a picture of a cliff. Just an ordinary cliff. Tell yourself there is a face in there. Maybe it's haunted

You'll find a face. Your mind will make a face for You.

Look at Mars photos and look for some kind of life, you'll find it.

I do however believe life existed one time on the red planet, but I doubt it's existence currently.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
the gravity on mars is different.

how would you locomote in a foreign environment like that?

i like the OP's pictures tracks, and think of something skipping on the surface
in a proctective suit.

or a rock.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

My best guess is the rock fell from the sky then hopped in a pattern consistent with structure,making a pattern as it skipped and rolled at a fast clip,then lost momentum,slowed down and the more dramatic turn at the end of the tumble was the result of the "heavy side" dragging it down to much less of a straight line(dead man's curve).As it slowed down it ToPPLED more. I have foreshortened the wide pic to show the pattern of the roll,and the skip in spacing that is regular and predictable(marked with short horizontal lines). I know this because as a child I played near construction sites.It's like a FLAT TIRE slowing down with a thump thump thump at regular intervals.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by vze2xjjk]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

Come on Phil,you just need NEGATIVE -1600 points for the smartypants award.Just one precious point away.Here's a set up to make your lifelong dreams come true LOL
Have a TENDER DAY
hugs and JOY.Your biggest fan in Delaware,Jerry.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I just noticed from your color image that the rock probably lost momentum at the end of the roll and changed angle when it encountered another rock which shifted its direction like a billiard ball hiting a solid/immovable object.That's not to say the stationary rock wasn't "moved",but was more imbedded in the ground and not shot more than a few feet or yards in comparison to the let's say half-mile to full mile roll of the falling/ROLLING stone which finally rolled to a dead stop after hitting the similar sized rock,just a "stones throw" away. That's why the angle changed at the end to closer to 45 degrees in my opinion. Thanks Armap for your dilligence and staggering efforts beyond the common poster.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by no one special

Yeah,you are probably right that during the roll the last big rock it hit shifted its direction and took it down quickly in speed and momentum.The angle it took away from that last big rock is a departure from the nearly straight line it was heading since the last HUMP/blank space interval in the hops,so it had found a more round-wheel roll until it met the big rock waiting in the path,hit it and sliced away,diverted,then a change in the pattern of marks that seemed closer together,so more traction and friction and gravity to overcome(seemingly).I'm just ball park guessing that the Rolling Rock(boulder) is about car-sized,and the one it hit is about half that size.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join