It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Being Walking on Mars? IMAGE

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I saw an impact on the Moon in 1996.I have been a big fan of glancing blow impacts,where there is not just a single crater,caused by the angle of impact not being straight down,but some rolling off away from the direction of the fall after impact. You'd expect the bigger chunk to have the inertia to move in almost the same direction as before the impact it came from,and the smaller bits to be less in line with that same direction and veering off from the CENTER LINE of impact. *** Now seeing the smaller chunk relationship I'm revising my size estimate to a 1/4 mile roll for both chunks and the size of the larger chunk as half or less the size of a car.Even with the long shadow,I'm guessing it's in the 4 feet to 8 feet tall range. On Mars that might be a ton or two tons of rock,also depending on pourousness/type of rock/I'd say lighter rock if it didn't roll in almost perfectly straight lines due to steamroller heavy momentum.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by vze2xjjk]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

If this is a being leaving tracks, is that also a smaller being (offspring) leaving lighter tracks coming in at a 45 degree angle from the top and leaving a smaller shadow somewhat behind the larger one.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Taken from that photo:

Surprised?

sarc

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
No evidence is needed to prove aliens exist they just do!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sarcastic

Sarcastic I missed where you find something in the 1997 Pathfinder pic,somehow .Could you mark where to look on the big pic or repost the "alien" you found? I'm not being skeptical,just lost,and at a loss to see what you are referencing.Any help appreciated. Back to the IMPACT start of the thread pic.
Here's what I believe is the importance of this discovery.....future research. I'm not saying this is a RARE find,yet is very revealing about the danger of large rocks falling from the sky as a regular occurance on Mars.By tracking these phenomena there can at least be a track record to draw some scientific predictability on the REGULARITY and DIRECTION/SOURCE of the majority of these dangerous,disruptive crashing objects/projectiles from the sky/space. If we consider that the direction of the source will give us a more complete picture of what to expect when we get there it will add to predictability and anticipation/preparation.For instance if the most volatile meteor showers occur with regularity and we can quantify the high risk and low risk times and source direction,then cover can be taken or means of protection could be installed(like walls or ditches/hills to act as speed bumps to deflect impacts that threaten housing or storage on the surface).Underground shelters could be dug to ride out the meteor showers expected for certain days or weeks.It sounds like FALLOUT SHELTER /duck and cover simplicity,but think of it as worst case scenario modelling. So,the more finds like this perfect V-Shape impact and roll/Rock'nRoll,the more advances in meaninful predictability of CHICKEN LITTLE SYNDROME. If the sky is indeed falling with deadly boulder sized "cannon balls" we would want to know ALL ABOUT IT before we get there. This is where ATS generates some serious science that wouldn't have happenned any other way.Keep looking and we all benefit.Being wrong on first guesses and interpretations is absolutely valuable and could save lives someday.
See? I was right again! Just ROCKS I say ! ROCKS,Just ROCKS !! Nobody listens.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Here's a theory, what's a guy doing wandering around the martian landscape all on his (or her) lonesome? I don't see any gas stations so maybe he ran out of gas. In either case it's getting late by the looks of it cause if those are footsteps he has been walking for a while. Could also check to see if that's a straight line, maybe we should check the martians BAC level. Unless you had a basis for comparison it's all speculation. Pretty cool how much of that kind of thing you see in those images we get off the martian surface. Who sorts through these things anyway?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

...rocks moved by iceflows. Just more evidence of recently flowing water?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Could be a walking thing, and if you click to look at the whole picture you can see another set of footprints with a MUCH LARGER STRIDE headed diagonally to the lower left from the same starting point..... could those be footprints by a much larger giant, or from someone bounding along as if affected by a lesser gravity than their origin environment? The footprints of the much larger gaps I would think would be much bigger if a thing had a stride that large, it would need larger feet to support it.... maybe they are two completely different species of creature on a mission together... or maybe one attacked the other, the one who bounded away attacked the one who seems to be slowly moving, perhaps some confused, drunken or wounded stumbling by the "man" in the picture...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by freakngeckos

freakngeckos,I dug this Opportunity pic up for you,assuming you are lizard-oriented and can actually see it as a large lizard on Mars with large dark eyes and mandible pinchers on the mouth(unseen on Earth).This would be considered a large lizard on Earth.Yes,it's just rocks I hear everyone saying. Well,no I just repeated the head many times.I dotted the eyes so the blind can read the screen. Outlined. Unmasked from nasa dulling down the images to make them muddy and ill-defined to fool the masses(without skills).
Look again.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Interesting Photo, yeah...not sure if it's a rock or not, but intriguing...I don't see a skirt, or running shoes, so I'll Hazard a guess that it's not Marvin Martian
sorry I just had to say that...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
For the record, if you go to Malin Space Science Systems web site, at msss.com you can view in very high resolution many of the several years long Mars Orbiter Camera [MOC] missions. The resolution of these images is quite high, and imagery like the image questioned here, of a boulder that has rolled down a steep slope, is very prevalent. Such images that look nearly identical appear on the Moon, other planets, and moons of Jupiter. On airless worlds, the traces are pristine, but on Mars they slowly fill in and are subject to the erosion of wind typically. Dust Devils which are highly prominent on the long flat dusty plains of Mars are also responsible for tracks but these are usually dark lanes where the lighter windblown sediments have been blown off of a relatively small area to reveal a darker soil below.
So, the boulder track image here is one of hundreds such images that exist of similar occurrences elsewhere in the Solar System and also on Mars in addition to that one image.
If you can locate the image information we can easily calculate the size of the boulder by knowing the resolution of the image.
Marc

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirujarocks

I guess we can all move on with our lives and co-exist with the aliens, of course all because you say they exist. I really want to hang out with them though, can you tell me where one might be found?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by vze2xjjk
reply to post by freakngeckos

freakngeckos,I dug this Opportunity pic up for you,assuming you are lizard-oriented and can actually see it as a large lizard on Mars with large dark eyes and mandible pinchers on the mouth(unseen on Earth).This would be considered a large lizard on Earth.Yes,it's just rocks I hear everyone saying. Well,no I just repeated the head many times.I dotted the eyes so the blind can read the screen. Outlined. Unmasked from nasa dulling down the images to make them muddy and ill-defined to fool the masses(without skills).
Look again.

You have to be kidding me. have you missed your medication today? No offense. I'm not blind, thank you, I can see just fine. Looks like rocks to me. I hear shock therapy works.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

MARS ON THE MOVE: Put on your 3D glasses and behold ... a "moving rock" on Mars:

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by fxmodels

fxmodels,I went again to the hirise image and don't see a cliff roll as the origin of the rolling rock.I see it as a classic impact from the sky,meteorite.I see a "V-SHAPE" that spreads out like a RAY from the dark impact crater.See my pics above on previous 2 pages.
This is a sat photo,yet faces seem to overlap from rover and lander pics. Hale crater pic.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
sorry accidental double post: I will now self-destruct

[edit on 28-7-2008 by vze2xjjk]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
well the other "rocks" obviously
why is it that the largest "rock" gets pushed by this wind and above all leaves a zigzag trail
besides that, the trail leaves oval shaped prints and not a dragged line

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

sure does look like a being walking, would love to hear how skeptics would argue this.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
That's because it bounced down from the sky at say 1,000 miles per hour before the initial impact,taking it down in speed and momentum to perhaps under 100 miles per hour in a glancing blow impact instead of just remaining in the DARK CRATER.There is a "V-SHAPE" that begins at the DARK SPOT because either a smaller chunk shot off slightly sideways or the impact shot another rock off like a billiard ball.I have traced the 2 projectile rock paths making that "V-Pattern".
More proof people don't read the posts,but here look at the BIG V and how I know it was an impact the several DARK ROCK dots that OUTLINE the impact crater.Those were probably smaller chunks that were either BLOWN OUT the HOLE or broke off from the asteroid but didn't roll far. So what I'm saying is the several dark dots surrounding the larger,darker crater had "roller rocks" ejected which went in diferent directions ,and different sizes,but travelled about the same 1/4 mile distance from momentum.The "V" formed by their divergent paths forms a general direction "ARROW" in the direction of the FALL from the sky.The smaller rock ejected is visible by a path more than size.It jumped and skipped differently because smaller and lighter,probablt one tenth the size of the larger boulder.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join