It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Being Walking on Mars? IMAGE

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
A worth while experiment might be to shut off our computers, turn off the calculators, close the science books, and go outside with our kids and play in the sand box for a little while.

Theory and speculation is wonderful stuff and I don't want to curtail that nor am I condemning the people who practice it.

But a little experimentation goes a long ways. Sand and pebbles are rather easy to come by. If you live in the city a sack of flour, a cake pan and some dried beans could prove illuminating.

There's more to ATS than just sitting on our behinds at the computer all day. Let's get outside and put our knowledge and skills to good use.

Then come back here and post all about it

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

lol, alien couldnt walk a straight line
where was this image originally sourced from?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
i was thinking boulder path too till i noticed that the "footsteps" were oddly shaped. that's not a boulder path. not sure what it is, but it's not a boulder path.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Unless someones posted this question before if they have I apologise, but ,
seeing as the pic has obviously caused a stir can't they point the camera back at the same spot and see if it's moved or still there?
- still there - - it is a rock
- not there - - it's an ET out for a stroll.
simple , problem sorted.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

not so sure about those options. there may be more.
such as, constructs of some kind.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
MY GUESS IT IS THE ALIENS DOG WITH THE ALIENS TRACKS ABOVE AND AHEAD, THE DOGS A CROSS BETWEEN A BULLDOG AND A #SU BETTER KNOWN AS BULLSH-T

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jtown

my, my, aren't you pleasant (rhetorical, no need to respond).
the problem with this image is that it needs some "fade correction."

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This photo is cropped from the landing site of one of the Mars rovers taken by the Mars suryeyor satelite, if you know anything about the system employed for landing these rovers on Mars this picture makes perfect sense, look at he "Ro" in the bottom corner. I do believe in that "they" are out there, but give me a break, you have to dig deep to look at this a not see it for what it is...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70
This was cropped from IAS viewer image PSP_008938_1750_RED.NOMAP.JP2

[edit on 25-7-2008 by super70]

Have you got a link for PSP_008938_1750_RED.NOMAP.JP2
The original pic.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Here is another example of tracks I have found, that DO NOT seem to be made by a rolling boulder. The tracks obviously follow the path, and have a distinct pattern, as if made by a machine or creature. Click on the images to get the full view.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

A link to the page where you can get all the versions of the image was posted three times...

But here goes, once more.

The page from where you can see several versions of that image is this one.

If you want a direct link to the JPEG2000 usable by IAS Viewer (it only downloads what we are seeing, not whole image), it's this one, if you want to download the lossless compressed JPEG2000 image (but map projected), you can click here, but be prepared for a download of 969.8 MB.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

To create a distinct pattern the only thing that is needed is something that rolls and does not have a perfectly smooth surface.

Tracks like that appear on many photos from Mars, my favourite is this one, it has many tracks.

Edited to add: you can noticed that all those tracks are along the other marks on the ground, they are never perpendicular or at a noticeable angle to those marks, and that is one of the things that makes me think that they are also geological features, in this case rocks that rolled down hill as the other smaller (and not visible) rocks and sand/dirt.

[edit on 29/7/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
There's a lot of speculation about what this particular object is and what caused the indentations leading upto it are?
One thing a lot of people dont seem to realise when they walk is that they meander (zig zig) slightly even when concentrating .
As for the variation of indentations depth and size , walk on a sand dune and see how different every footprint is, Depending on terrain density, if there are small rocks underneath the topsoil, is it moist? dry? even your primary foot steps heavier than your other , (right footed or left don't matter none, all depends on which foot goes first) do you drag your toes, scuff your feet. jab your heel in hard?
The only way we get a uniform footprint is on wet sand and even then your toes drag sand up.
As for it being a 'being' who knows? the shape certainly supports the theory, being pointed at the top (headlike shape). but every time you step you swing your arms and move your legs. to have the being stand still in a totally erect (no jokes about being excited here people) and standing to attention just as the pictures taken sounds a bit off, ( unless it was taking a breather?). Unless we can get another look at the area and take another picture this will never really be answered.
Rolling rocks meander as well in Death Valley ( theyre weird - but like someones elses post rocks have a life force ( Bollox) ). I await with baited breath for another picture ( which aint gonna happen in case it proves it WAS a martian out for a stroll in the noonday sun.
Plus if it was a wind blown object surely teh wind would have covered up the tracks already laid down, and not leave them for all to see.

[edit on 30/7/08 by DataWraith]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
It is possible that it is a meteor that came in at a low pitch angle bounced and rolled it's irregular shape to that position. The impact area is out of frame(not visible).

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bDaedal4ever
It is possible that it is a meteor that came in at a low pitch angle bounced and rolled it's irregular shape to that position. The impact area is out of frame(not visible).

I thought that as well but for it to leave those kind of marks suggests the velocity it came down at as well as the angle , would mean it came down quite slow and at a very dodgy angle, nearly parallel to the surface. lookup penguin baseball on google. it would have left a shallow crater then bounced out and rolled end over end a few times in a near vertical position to finally come to rest upright? Sounds off in my un-physics educated mind.
Take a pencil or small iron bar to a sand pit, throw it a few times and take note of the impressions it leaves. unless you throw it hard and high up it will never stick 4rse up. skim it acoss the ground and you might get the 'footprint' type marks as it bounces but it will not come to rest in a vertical position.

But saying all this , it IS a crazy universe we live in and anything is possible....

[edit on 30/7/08 by DataWraith]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Has anyone mentioned that the "front" of the object in question is alot lighter shade when compared to the front of the surrounding boulders. Could this be a spacesuit?

It looks weird because the shadow is in the wrong position if the most lit side of the object is toward the light source. It should be in a 2 o clock position.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunkered
Has anyone mentioned that the "front" of the object in question is alot lighter shade when compared to the front of the surrounding boulders. Could this be a spacesuit?

It looks weird because the shadow is in the wrong position if the most lit side of the object is toward the light source. It should be in a 2 o clock position.

could just be a 'Michael Jackson' fan in a spacesuit doing the 'moonwalk' on mars?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Could be... but i think it was a statue of Elvis that was found on mars. ; )

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Seriously though, there is something strange going on with the light on the "being". Just look at its brightest side in comparison to its cast shadow and that of all the other rocks around the image.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunkered

What we see is a 8x8 pixel image: there is no way to distinguish any suit, arms shoulders or stuff like that: you would need IMAGINATION to spot them. Research can't be done with imagination:

THIS is what has been caught on camera: an amorphic 8x8 pixels shape.
these are the FACTS. And facts say that this is an object 6x6 feet, casting an ordinary shadow, consistent with the sun angle, leaving an ordinary track that you would expect from any boulder inside any martian crater, see examples posted before. To try to enhance any image like that using a bilinear or a bicubic algorithm, is pointless: what we have to look at are the pixels actually caught on camera. The OP is worthy of more than an applause for sharing this EXCELLENT find, but in my opinion this is one boulder leaving a track on mars surface:
well, actually they are three:

we are looking at the edge of a crater, this event is a natural occurence there, while we don't know what determined it

But hey, i could be wrong. Ive been wrong many times in my life, so this would be just one more

[edit on 30/7/2008 by internos]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join