It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Being Walking on Mars? IMAGE

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Craft Owner
[moI

I want to know how you know this ..."I don't know how big Mars rocks are, but i doubt they are massive" Why do you doubt they are massive. Did you know that Mars has mountains. Coming to the conclusion that Mars doesnt have massive rocks seems a bit odd to me.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Those funny little rascals like Earth and they have made within the Moon and Mars and plenty of places in our Solar System Earthlike (different stages of course) and they can open holes in what you think is the blue sky and "vent" but heck

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there is any other pictures of the same area but taken at another time, past or future?

That will be all we need to verify if it is a rock or something living.

So I challenge you guys to find out if there is one or not?

[edit on 25-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It's a Fedaykin sliding through the sand to avoid attracting a giant sand worm!

Seriously, given the steep incline, a biped would not be leaving uniform footprints. Try walking down a side of dune and you might leave similar footprints.

However, what does it in for me is the fact that the footprints start out of nowhere. Where did this Martian come from? Fell from the sky? Most likely, it's a boulder that tumbled down the side of a dune.

-Marduk

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Wow that java script was great.

I took a crop of the pic as well and up'ed the sharpness, included in the crop is a rock that has not moved.

Darn!! Just a rock. (IMO)

Rhain

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
There are several MUCH MUCH larger rocks, a large square one to the right and up or down slope since I couldn't find your exact position on the IAS Viewer...but in the general vacinity there are MANY boulders which have tracks that are 'curved'...ie...they don't fall 'straight' down-slope.

Until we get a stereo pair like these:

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

the answers will be quesses. Then one could make a Red/blue 3D anaglyph of the area and get a better determination of the slopes involved. Because there is one VERY LARGE square, almost building size, boulder that makes a Ue track as it rolled from it's orginal position to a new position and the tracks are consistant with it bouncing.

What moved it from it's orginal position? Certainly too big to be wind. Is Mars still 'active' internally and having Mars Quakes but NASA isn't telling us? I don't think there is a seisometer on either of the two rovers or Phoenix so there really is no way of telling FOR SURE...and again as with NASA and Mars and especially Cydonia and other 'wierd' stuff...I somtimes think there's No Adult Supervision Available at the agency.

Bob...

commonsensecentral.net...

[edit on 25-7-2008 by rhw007]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that there are at least 3 other sets of tracks visible? That would mean that what ever made those tracks, is on going....?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
When I was little my dad told me that some Martians left Mars and some Martians moved underground when their planet's surface became inhospitable to live on. Has anyone else heard of this theory or story?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It's a rock folks.

hmmm, have you ever seen the Rockies? Google images on Rockies in the USA. You will find all kinds of shapes and sizes and colors. Giant ones standing on top of thin tall spires also.

I can imagine that would be amazing to see in person. If you can imagine a shape/size/color, then the Rockies seem to have them.

Also I would think depending on the form/lay of the land that this would impact how the rocks move across it.

I guess this might be relevant, my son found a lava rock, he placed this lava rock in a bowl of water as an experiment, and wallah, the rock floated. So I would imagine that the makeup of the rock would also affect how it would roll across the ground.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
probably a NASA astronaut on a top-secret mission. You know, as our state-of-the-art technology WAS REALLYstate-of-the-art 20 years ago, I just wonder how alone this guy must feel, walking on Mars without any recognition...

anyway, this will be a topic on ATS a few years from here, be sure of that

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
very interesting, and slightly creepy...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Rolling Stones on Mars?!

....Something, headed in the direction of......

from my own limited perspective in academia of this sorts, I will conclude it is Keith Richards, staggering around in a daze whilst on some distant planet, or....

Just another rolling stone. Interesting post.... being the skeptic in me I will give it a
for further note.

We should really figure out what keeps those things 'a moving, seriously. No O'fence

T-Minus

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
It seesm to me that if this is rock that rolled to this position, then the low angle theory really doesn't fit. It seems unlikely the sun would clear the edge of the hill sufficiently to cast such a low shadow.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by disgustedbyhumanity]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Well,like some other users said,i did too think that the trails close to the subject looked like there were one or maybe two steps far from where its feet (if it's a living being offcourse) should be.Then again,i kinda changed my mind since the trails are smaller and they kinda fade out.
One of the most important things imo is that the "footsteps" have random sizes as many other users said allready.

Now,about the other trails that "meet" the first ones,imho they definatelly aren't footsteps.The weird thing though is that they look the same pretty much and the distance between them seems pretty equal.But really...I just can't imagine an E.T. being on mars and hopping on its one foot since that's how the trail seems to be.

Now,i don't think we should leave common sense out of the "game".Let's say that this is a living being.
First of all,i haven't heard or read a single hypothesis about E.T.'s that pictures them as less or equally advanced as us.So,pick any reason you like about why that being would stroll on mars to go somewhere,any reason.Don't you think it'd surely have some kind of a vehicle?It just doesn't make sense to me to think of a more advanced being than us to just walk around,especially on Mars where,at least so far,we've only seen rocks on its surface.

to Matt_Mulder:

You know,when i saw this picture,after a couple of minutes the thought of an astronaut being left out there came into my mind and he was like "Ok,now all i have do to is to find a phonebooth..."

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by super70
Heres the location:

X: 10162
Y: 29379

maybe it's just me, but that would be one very, very large alien.

probably a repost of sorts, but when playing around with IAS i saw this..

edited for coordinates

[edit on 26-7-2008 by nineteenseventyeight]

[edit on 26-7-2008 by nineteenseventyeight]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
When was the last time anyone saw rocks skip across sand? with that sort of profile.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
guys i have a serious question about this. many people are probably wondering what this being is or if it even exist at all but WILL IT BLEND?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
it's fairly east to explain the staggered pattern. next time you go to the beach, get a football, take it to the top of a sand dune (if there are any), stand it on one end, and roll it down the dune. take a look at the pattern you get in the sand and tell me it's impossible for an elongated rock to make that exact same pattern.

while i'd love to believe that there are aliens on mars, it seems too unlikely to me, so i'm gonna call shenanigans

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Does anyone know if there is any other pictures of the same area but taken at another time, past or future?

That will be all we need to verify if it is a rock or something living.

So I challenge you guys to find out if there is one or not?

Hi, _Phoenix_: you are right, it's a system that is in use even on Hirise website itselfs, but when they are observing something in particular. These images are very narrowed, the higher is the resolution, the smaller is the area caught in the image.
In this case, we have 21 more images from Gale crater, these ones (click on the image to view it entirely):

the area in question is this one (the red rectangle represents the area covered by the image)

and these are the areas covered by all the other images from Gale crater:

no one of them covers the area in question, you can check for yourself: you can also search by latitude and longitude range from here.
Of course there should be many images from MSSS, but it would be worthless to look for them: these ones are the best resolution images available, and the formation in the OP is 8 X 8 pixels in one of these
: it wouldn't be visible at those resolutions. But, at least, we've tried

[edit on 26/7/2008 by internos]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

I have to say that looks more like a moderate sized boulder that's being moved by natural forces. It's more suggestive of a lubricated surface, whch is more interseting as far as I'm concerned. You see quite big boulders getting skidded around on flat windy plains when there's low friction top layer (mud or water) or ice . It happens on Terra Firma too; some place is America is notorious for it.

www.frontiernet.net...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join