It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Being Walking on Mars? IMAGE

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

What is that in your picture, on the upper left hand side? is that a tornado or a cloud ?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

It may have been already said but...

Given that the shadow of the object IS larger than other boulders on the surface, Id assume the object is quite tall.

Given that most footage of the martian surface (or any celestial body for that matter) is taken from very high up, I would have to assume that this object is pretty damn tall, by comparison to other boulders/objects.

But given the 'footprints' are so close together and tight, I would have to rule out them as being footprints, simply because it would mean this creature has the shortest legs in the universe or stops to smell the boulders quite a bit, enjoying the martian day.

Look at some dinosaur track fossils. Longer than 1 human can even jump, some of the larger beasties.. In a casual walk too not a sprint.

To me, these resemble impact marks from meteorites that have fractured before impact and skittle along the surface; look at the 'prints' in the ground heading about 8 o'clock from where the zig zagged 'prints' are. They are single file.

But who knows, as long as we keep picking at the footage, I do believe theres something yet we'll discover up there!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin

What is that in your picture, on the upper left hand side? is that a tornado or a cloud ?

In this image can the OP point out where are the rest of the tracks. What I mean did this Martian just crawl out of the rocks and started his descent? If this truly was a Martian walking around how come there aren't any more visible tracks, instead we see tracks originating from a group of rocks where the boulder could have rolled from.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
if i were to walk in the ET's shoes id be pretty upset.. cause personally i dont prefer to walk straight down the side of a hill side or mountain.

but of course if the terrain were sandy i would enjoy a RUN down the hillside, who knows maybe if we watch this patter it will end up back at the underground base.. just a hunch.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I suppose one sure-fire way to prove if the thing is walking is to get another shot of it and compare the two. If it hasn't moved in several months or years, we can either assume it's a fallen boulder or something like that, or that it is not in a very big hurry.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
[edit on 25-7-2008 by tide88]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Kudos Super70. BTW, love the suit.

I think your statement is good analytical deduction:

The height of the "rock" from its long shadow would indicate that it would leave long flat imprints, not footstep sized prints.

I don't know what it is, but your analysis sounds right to me. I've seen several places on Earth where rocks, ice, other things have travelled. The imprint of that path is almost always at least 1/2 of the size of the object. What a wonderous thing if this type of pheonomenon could cumulatively present evidence of Martian inhabitants. I wonder what they call themselves, if they exist? Surely not Martians.

Good thread, and presented well, as evidence, not proof.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Yes. Good comparative analysis of before and after would demonstrate a lot, wouldn't it? Dare we hope for forthcoming photos of the same site? yes, we dare.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

I think I'll have to chalk this one up to rolling rock. If you look up an inch on the picture you will see bigger prints spaced further apart .

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
the amazing part of this thread, isnt the photo. Its the fact that it has gone four pages, and there are some that actually think that it is a live alien being walking across the landscape of mars.??? whoa... now that is something ...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yay! Someone found Beagle 2.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25/7/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Interesting photo. I always wonder why somebody goes to the trouble of copying and working on a NASA photo and neglects to include the image number so it can be checked with the original release.

That said, we need to ask what camera orbiting Mars is capable of producing an overhead shot with resolution down to a few inches? (Maybe none?) So how was the image taken?

Note also that there is another set of marks to the righ of the set in question. But they are further apart, seeming bigger and older. My best guess is a Martian chasing his pet Sasquatch that escaped the underground gulag and is running.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Good Find,

Looks like prints to me.

If I were to see these prints on a beach in California, I would suspect that someone was just walking across the beach.

At the end of the day, I don't know and I'm waiting to hear a logical explanation for the prints.

I also don't think those are short prints. If they are footprints, there would be a raised wedge between the front and the back of the foot like this.
www.barefootjourneys.net...

If you look at the Mars picture there's raised wedges between the front and the back of the print.

They could be shoe prints.
www.flickr.com...

I'm leaning towards footprints because there seems to be a raised wedge between the foot and the heel of the prints just like you would find in footprints on earth.

What would naturally cause those raised wedges or mounds between the foot and heel of the prints?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Surface gravity of mars is only 38% that of earth so acceleration at the surface is 9.8m/s^2*.38 = 3.724m/s^2

Without deriving any equations in this forum:

1) Anything that bounces to a given height will take about 62.2% longer to fall back to the ground.

2) 62% less force is required to push something around

Edit: More precision for time. Remove superfluous idiotic remark.

[edit on 7/25/2008 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
In this image can the OP point out where are the rest of the tracks. What I mean did this Martian just crawl out of the rocks and started his descent? If this truly was a Martian walking around how come there aren't any more visible tracks, instead we see tracks originating from a group of rocks where the boulder could have rolled from.

Hi, prionace glauca: that's an image of a boulder posted by me for comparison, it's not the one of the OP

Originally posted by azzllin

Hi, azzllin:

it may be a dust devil, but i'm not sure and in the original caption released with the image it hasn't been mentioned.

They may have very different appearances, so a comparison is always hard to make: anyway, here's a small compilation of martian dust devils: nice find, BTW

[edit on 25/7/2008 by internos]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

Where did you get this picture from? I hope it is real. Then we got something. Hey, and those are not the only tracks in the sand. But who leaves such visible tracks. It seems that they are very rare on that sandy surface, like a beach where people rarely go. Perhaps the outcast aliens are forced to walk on the barren desserts of Mars!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I know a photoshopped picture when I see one.

Another bizarre thing I have noticed is. In the old pictures I have seen of Earth, they don't show a big reddish brown chunk on the planet. But in the recent picture from NASA, the Mars probe supposedly took one of a moon eclipsing the earth, and our World behind the tiny moon had a big reddish brown chunk on it. That is odd, most pictures don't show that. I wonder why.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
don't think it's an alien but if it is they might be on the moon also...

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...
The Moon - Lunar Orbiter 5

interesting pick and good find, thanks

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
the terrain could be irregularly sloped in random directions. and if the rock was shaped very awkwardly and unsymmetrical then it could make that pattern...

id love to believe that that was an alien but if aliens were living on mars, wed have tons of pictures of them by now.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Could it be that over time the warming and freezing of the boulder could cause it to move? Yes? No? Maybe? I've seen granite move due to this.

The Undertaker

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join