It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Being Walking on Mars? IMAGE

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Guys click on the image and check out the other footprints!?

It seems connected to the footprints that is talked about, but is different as if it was caused by running or jumping??

That is if these ARE footprints. What could cause these patterns in two different directions?

[edit on 25-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
if you have java installed, you can check it out here
http: //hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/iasclient/ares312.jsp?file=PDS/EXTRAS/RDR/PSP/ORB_008900_008999/PSP_008938_1750/PSP_008938_1750_RED.NOMAP.JP2
takes forEVER to download the entire image tho...

[edit on 25-7-2008 by johneboy]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hmmm. Lemme guess. Stranded alien can't find fuel for saucer. He is walking to the nearest Element 115 Station.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

The shadow that is cast by the rock would depend on the angle of the sun and the location of the rock as it stands on Mars.

An explanation for how the rock ended up 'standing' could be that it is in fact half buried in the ground. Mars is known for its sand dunes and hurricane strength winds. There is not enough evidence for us to tell.

Unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is a very good find, Im just curious and wish i could circle them, But along the trail made on both sides of the line you can see a few black dots id assume as rocks or boulderr that would appear to be able to change the direction of the path if this was indeed rolling or tumbling....but a great find. I would also assume this image is much taller than anything Ive read posted so far.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Nerevar

I agree with you, it impossible to determine scale in this image, looks like a wind created pattern to me, I think people just want to see a walking talking alien so bad that they have let theire imaginations get the better of them.
However I am curious as to the nature of whatever it is that is being blown across the surface. Must be lightweight, and fairly uniform in size and shape to leave a relatively straight line. Doesnt seem like a rock fits into this category,maybe a pumice like material, maybe not......maybe heat sheilding or some other component of the landing vehicle. Deserves further inquiry for sure.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
OP, can we get the "GEO-JUMP" coords for this image?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Heres the location:

X: 10162
Y: 29379

Also in response to above poster, if the object was half burried in the sand from strong winds, then the imprints left by it would have long vanished. This is a recent occurrence.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
those rock's in death valley... move on there own.

by rain and wind. remember the sliding track's...

if it was roiling down a hill and it tall not round..it would jump..rollroll jump ect...

try it yourself..momentum makes it bounce.

and the track's are fairly...close as if it was a rock it was rolled over by hand..over and over. otherwise you would have a big jump spot with no track's

see my point

or it's something walking lol

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70
This was cropped from IAS viewer image PSP_008938_1750_RED.NOMAP.JP2

It appears to be an upright being walking across a sandy Mars surface. The long shadow shows the height of the creature, while the head and shoulders are clearly visible. If this were indeed a rock rolling across the sand, it would leave a straight line of imprints, not a zig-zag pattern. The height of the "rock" from its long shadow would indicate that it would leave long flat imprints, not footstep sized prints.

Click on the image to view its full size.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by super70]

Could please provide the source link for this picture. There may be scaling properties available from the site it originated form.

Interesting picture and a great find! Certainly worthy of further investigation.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
those rock's in death valley... move on there own.

by rain and wind. remember the sliding track's...

if it was roiling down a hill and it tall not round..it would jump..rollroll jump ect...

try it yourself..momentum makes it bounce.

and the track's are fairly...close as if it was a rock it was rolled over by hand..over and over. otherwise you would have a big jump spot with no track's

see my point

or it's something walking lol

Yes, but unlike death valley rocks trails this one is discontinuous - there seems to be even breaks between the trail. Now that is certainly unusual!

I'd also like to add that a ROUND rock can certainly have an elongated shadow!

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Jinni]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

yeah i am just saying to the naked eye it look's longish...not round.

and the picture is took at angel.not directly over head..of the object.

but i do admit it's like a rock skipping on water...but then again he rock would have had to been thrown.
and that only apply's to watter rock skipping. lol

maybe it same for space idk lol

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70

[edit on 25-7-2008 by super70]

Looks like a rock to me. If you follow the supposed footsteps leading towards the object you will see that they in fact go past the object, by a few feet or so. Unless the obect made a sudden turn.
Secondly there are plenty of other similar and bigger repeating patterns to be seen in the pic that have similar characteristics as the "foot prints"

Nice find though!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

Cool find! I would think the wind on Mars would blow away any boulder tracks. I'm not saying it is a being, but it is definately interesting.

I love your avatar, super70
Gotta have more cowbell!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thank you for noticing, sometimes we out here in Americas magnificent Great Mojave Desert feel like all of our work goes unnoticed. We take great pride in the manor in which we stand our rocks. As for wind being able to move rocks - it happens all the time around here, check moving rocks at Mono Lake. The desert here extends from just below and East of Lake Tahoe south into Mexico and east joining the Sonoran desert of Arizona of coarse Arizonans would argue whose is who's. I live here in Tehachapi , or Heaven - considering Hell is on both sides with Bakersfield to the West and Mojave to the East - being at 5,000 feet we get some relief during the summer months. As for terrain , well we go from Death Valley - Mono Lake where NASA sends their biologists routinely due to it being like another planet, to - now that I mention it Edwards AFB and the lake bed where the Shuttle learned to land. Let's remember where our first Space Port was designated also.
So after living and working for, at, in, around, with and in spite of the folks at Edwards AFB including those people who have something to do with rockets (that I didn't mention by name on purpose) for the last 27 years. I do know a little about rocks ,sand and wind. For instance in Mojave anything below 65 mph we consider it just a breeze. It never fails while gassing up in Mojave a traveler stopping for gas will ask if it is always this windy here , the pat answer is no , you should be here when it's really blowing. The Highway Patrol routinely closes the Freeway north of town - because empty 18 wheelers tend to roll over. But back to Mars, I would be disappointed if that was anything less less than a bi-pedal figure making it's way across the sandy surface of the planet. I think that photo is a wonderful find and makes me think about the story of some techs at JPL complaining about a dusty lens on one of the cameras way back in the 80s while doing some photo analysis. They were told to take their lunch break , one tech returning a little early said she watched in disbelief as a figure came up over a hill walked up to the camera wiped the lens off then turned and walked away. True or not it was a good story. Sorry if this is too long , just my two cents worth. Now I need to go get a cup of coffee and try not to blow this cup out my nose.

Regards !

Don_retired_tech_in_Tehachapi_Ca

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to go walking around on the surface without some kind of sonar protection. I've seen those transportation tubes Hoagland shows, and on marsanomalyresearch.com. Before I even read the second websites opinion, I was noticing the random bilogical look of the tubes and decided that giant worms lived there.

Also, maybe I should read Dune again, as its said they hide their truth in the open.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
At first glance it does look like something walking along. A scale of course would help tremendously as that should easily solve any at first glance problems.

The supposed foot prints seem to not end at where the 'things' feet, but a bit higher up.

But of course those tracks on this cropped picture showing no scale do look like a person or thing walking, but also can look like a boulder or piece of rock that happened to roll on by.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
No offense, but they don't look at all like prints made by the same object (i.e. a foot, or appendage of any type). That is, they are al different shapes. They are also very large. Unless that creature has feet that change shape as he walks, and they are also size 50s, I don't believe these to be footprints. There are some "steps" that are 4 or 5 times the length of others. Others are quite long. Some are almost dots.

So unless this thing was skipping or doing a dance while going on its way, I believe it to be something else.

As far as the shadow, that doesn't go to show that it was tall, but rather the angle at which the sun is hitting it. Just a bit behind is what looks to be a very small rock, and yet, it's shadow is also quite long, indicating the sun is just low on the horizon when this was taken.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
No offense, but they don't look at all like prints made by the same object (i.e. a foot, or appendage of any type). That is, they are al different shapes. They are also very large. Unless that creature has feet that change shape as he walks, and they are also size 50s, I don't believe these to be footprints. There are some "steps" that are 4 or 5 times the length of others. Others are quite long. Some are almost dots.

So unless this thing was skipping or doing a dance while going on its way, I believe it to be something else.

As far as the shadow, that doesn't go to show that it was tall, but rather the angle at which the sun is hitting it. Just a bit behind is what looks to be a very small rock, and yet, it's shadow is also quite long, indicating the sun is just low on the horizon when this was taken.

I would like to point out that footprints on a slanted sandy slope would be irregular, and this may be the case here, as it is most certainly a sandy or silt like surface. Also, as to the shadow, if you click on the original posted image to see its full view, you will see where I labeled normal rocks and their corresponding shadows, which do not match the length of the object in question.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The original HiRise image is here

Mars Image

The coordinates are
X: 10162
Y: 29379

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join