It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Being Walking on Mars? IMAGE

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this find

This is the image at its original size, just cropped.

This image is located on the northeastern part of the central mound
inside the crater.

So it's very unlikely that the area that we see is perfectly flat.
Now, in according to the data

the solar incidence angle is 58 °, with the Sun about 32 ° above the
horizon:
if i'm correct, something like this:

but there's a very important unknown data which is the inclination of the terrain, so it's pointless to try to make any calculation on the shadow of the object.

Now, about its possible size, i would wait for ArMaP, who will be way
more precise than me, but if i'm not mistaken, after a rough calculation, this should be more or less the size of what we see:

more or less, 6x6 feet (but i may be wrong, so don't take it too seriously
).

In my opinion it's most likely a boulder, its track are consistent with the ones left by boulders on (apparently) similar terrains on Mars, see this example in Gordii Dorsum ( MOC2-408 )

www.msss.com...

or this one in Mojave Crater (PSP_001415_1875)

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

More than one time you'll see irregular paths and patterns in the tracks: we don't know what inclinations it crossed while rolling, so i'd vote boulder, also because i can't think about any better expanation. But i'd like to see more opinions about it.
Just my 2 cents, this is a nice find, anyway.

Ed: added sources.

[edit on 25/7/2008 by internos]

link   
If you follow the tracks, both of them, they seem to have a common point of origin. But they both just stop there, as if whatever caused them just sort of materialized there.

Also, the second set of tracks, the lower one, seems to just end at some point, but there is nothing at its end that could have made the tracks. I don't get it...

link   
Flag and a star for a good find. Imo, I reckon it does look like a set of footprints, but who knows?

And if it turns out to be a boulder or rock? Why is the boulder/rock moving? And why are there no other rocks near it? What's the gravity on Mars compared to Earth??

Oh I just had another thought. If it is a rock/boulder, what if it was dragged there by someone or something? That could also explain the imprints.

---

Originally posted by fleabit
No offense, but they don't look at all like prints made by the same object (i.e. a foot, or appendage of any type). That is, they are al different shapes. They are also very large. Unless that creature has feet that change shape as he walks, and they are also size 50s, I don't believe these to be footprints. There are some "steps" that are 4 or 5 times the length of others. Others are quite long. Some are almost dots.

So unless this thing was skipping or doing a dance while going on its way, I believe it to be something else.

Hmm, if it is a being, maybe it's hurt and limping?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Do you have the source - eg nasa link?
Can you prove this was mars?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Clearly this is simply Dr. Manhattan out for a stroll. Everybody knows he exiled himself to Mars. Jeez...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Got to agree with Internos. I think it's a boulder, nothing more, nothing less.
The sun is at a low angle, the ground is not flat, it's probably and most likely a rock that has created a trail from falling from higher ground.

I would like to believe it's an alien (or Martian) walking on Mars, it's just that the boulder theory is much more probable to be true.

Not worth flagging IMHO.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by smans
Do you have the source - eg nasa link?
Can you prove this was mars?

the link has posted two times already

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Of course a rock or boulder would be an obvious conclusion, but the shape of the rock coupled with the erratic pattern of the tracks warrants closer inspection.

I found these 2 strange objects in the immediate vicinity of the original object and tracks. Very odd shape casting similar shadows.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by super70]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

"Visible head and shoulders!" How on Earth can you make out a head and shoulders from that image? It's like a lot of images that get posted here. Initially very interesting but without the vital information concerning where, when, what height was the satellite that took the picture etc, it doesn't contribute as evidence of anything...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm not going to guess its a rock or boulder, as that is a possibility only. It doesn't look like the other rocks around it and as such is an anomaly. The tracks are really interesting as well. Mars holds many many secrets.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

*me bows to Internos!

We cannot really tell what it is but all of the evidence presented thus far would point to a boulder / rock of some sort.

Thanks for your estimate as to the scale of the object, that helps to illustrate how the pattern would have formed.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hello to all this is my first post after lurking on this site for some time now thanks to all the iteresting topics and "stories" anyways i would like to believe this is some type of e.t, and to point out in internos' pic, no more than an inch above the trail it looks like there may have been a bigger boulder bouncing along following same direction whose trail may have been worn down by wind but what do i know im no expert??..glad 2 finally be a member -binks

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i think its definitly a being, that shadow gives it away along with the footprints

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Guys click on the image and check out the other footprints!?

It seems connected to the footprints that is talked about, but is different as if it was caused by running or jumping??

That is if these ARE footprints. What could cause these patterns in two different directions?

[edit on 25-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

Yes, I am wondering about that as well. They look more like footprints too.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is the "head and shoulders" as I see it.
I may have an overactive imagination.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I kind of just browsed through quickly - gonna go back and read this thread in its entirety.

I have been following this stuff for a long long time.

THAT picture - - is the most interesting I have ever seen in this category (probably ALL categories)

OK - I'm gonna figure out how to give my first star.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You got all those flags and stars for misidentifying a low horizon sun casting long shadows on small rocks?

Look at the other small rocks around that picture.. are you saying those are also "tall" in relation to their shadows?

And who knows how long ago that rock/object rolled along the planes. Perhaps en ought time has elapsed so that the wind and sand had ample time to cover most parts of the impression left by the rolling rock/object.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Definitly not some extraterrastrial. If you look at the whole picture, then you see that if they are footprints they vary in size. They start out big and round and then get smaller. They never appear to be the same size.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I know. It's just a rock that rolled, but I liked it

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
not a being. look at the closest shadow to it...long also.

look at the circular pattern above the "foot prints"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join