It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the best ghost footage ive ever seen...or is it?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATSI've also seen a rottweiler react to something that may have been paranormal, and his reaction was aggressive and confused...

Yeah the Rottie was very relaxed, and my experience is the same. The more aggressive breeds growl and get intense when spooked. The rottie didn't even keep staring, he/she was just mildly interested.

If you watch the third video you see the blond dog is spooked (probably by something the camera man is holding) and she sulks under the bed. I wonder if she is a rescue dog that has lots of odd fears.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I read A LOT of the replies... but I didn't notice anyone mention the obvious.. Maybe I just missed the reply where it was mentioned BUT...

Did you notice the house was SPECTACULARLY CLEAN. I mean SPOTLESS even with the two dogs out and about free in there... YET, there's a roll of papertowels laying on the table... not just laying there but completely our of place... awkward, hanging off the edge... as if they were there intentionally. WHY? Especially with two dogs running loose. That's a chew toy or at worst, something knocked into the floor and unrolling.... as one dog passed by and brushes against it... AND the door... It was already ajar. This guys OCD on cleaning yet the towels are left out raggedly and the door ajar. I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Realistically if an entity was THAT busy, if it was flooding every corner of the house with weird activity its amazing this guy had to catch it on camera to realize what was going on! And that is what he claims happened, he claims he first realized "something was weird" when he left the camera on while taking his dogs out.

I don't get this point! If I had bizzare stuff going on in my house, I would damn sure want to capture it on film so as to show someone else (or to convince myself/others that I wasn't crazy). Also, he never said paranormal activity was always present. He lays out the timeline of how long he had to record in order to catch something.

Another thing about the paper hurl that no one else has mentioned; Did you notice how the dog barked instantly like it scared him (in a very startled manner)? Now if there were folks going around rigging wires or laying under the table with a gadget into the roll, the dog would not have been this startled by this thing suddenly flying across the room. Like I said, some of these things might be duplicable, but nothing has been disproven to my satisfaction (I don't know either way).

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup

Realistically if an entity was THAT busy, if it was flooding every corner of the house with weird activity its amazing this guy had to catch it on camera to realize what was going on! And that is what he claims happened, he claims he first realized "something was weird" when he left the camera on while taking his dogs out.

I don't get this point! If I had bizzare stuff going on in my house, I would damn sure want to capture it on film so as to show someone else (or to convince myself/others that I wasn't crazy). Also, he never said paranormal activity was always present. He lays out the timeline of how long he had to record in order to catch something.

Another thing about the paper hurl that no one else has mentioned; Did you notice how the dog barked instantly like it scared him (in a very startled manner)? Now if there were folks going around rigging wires or laying under the table with a gadget into the roll, the dog would not have been this startled by this thing suddenly flying across the room. Like I said, some of these things might be duplicable, but nothing has been disproven to my satisfaction (I don't know either way).

I think what sonya is saying is that this guy claims he had no idea that his house was haunted untill he saw these videos. When in reality common since would dictate that if his house is THAT active he most likely would have noticed something LONG before this.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

[edit on 23-7-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Another thing about the paper hurl that no one else has mentioned; Did you notice how the dog barked instantly like it scared him (in a very startled manner)?

Was that noise supposed to be a dog barking? I didn't know what it was. Just one weird bark/yelp and then silence? No dogs to be seen anywhere? BTW I assumed the noise was added in as an accent.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Was that noise supposed to be a dog barking? I didn't know what it was. Just one weird bark/yelp and then silence? No dogs to be seen anywhere? BTW I assumed the noise was added in as an accent.

Yea thats what it was. I guess mabye the dog was sitting somewhere just off camera? Or mabye its like you suggested and it was added in later.

Either way, yes it was a dog bark

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

reply to post by JPhish

I'd still love to know exactly how he did the paper towel thing though. I tried replicating it but i could only get it to spin 2 1/2 times in the air.

Read my comment above. I was able to do this by inserting a pencil (eraser end) a few inches into the end while laying underneath. With a quick hard flick below the level of the surface, I was able to spin it through the air. I didn't test it with a camera however. On final thing; I do not necessarily agree with those that say "it's been proven to be fake." My opinion is that it is "possibly" fake (but how can you really know?).

I had read your original post; it's viable. But i really don't think that's how it was done. Because it still doesn't explain the anomalous physics that take place once the towel roll actually lands on the couch. Like I said, I've tried using string to replicate this; string explains the anomalies that take place once the towel hits the couch. But it doesn't explain how the paper towel could spin laterally so quickly, so many times, and still have a steady course in mid air. Maybe a bit of both with good video editing?

Or maybe it's a ghost and this guy is simply the luckiest man on the planet when it comes to placing cameras in the right spot at the right time.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
reply to post by russ1969

Orb? Which window? What is the time frame?

I never mentioned the orb or the window in my post. I said, Look at the fireplace glass. There is a reflection of light in it. I said it was the first video At 2:56 - 3:02. You will see that the light moves to the right when the dogs enter the room. That shows It was filmed at different times.

And if you look at the paper towel roll right before it launches, You will see torwards the top of it, Looks like movement on the top edge. sorta blinks in and out. Maybe someone with the skills to show the video overlapped When the light on the foreplace moves You will see what i mean.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
My quick addition - the dogs convinced me too (and the cat).

I didnt believe it til the 3rd vid. All should be watched and taken in that context - together.

good find.

I wouldnt be 'terrified' tho... there is nothing happening there to be afraid of.

(could easily be faked btw, but some of just dont feel that way - though entirely possible))

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Grock]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Abstract masks or objects not seen could have scared the pets. I have messed with my pets and they do run away from me but they do not bark at me or move their tails between their legs since they don't see me as an actual threat. If there was an actual negative energy in the house I think the pets would have acted differently. Plus there is no way of knowing if this guy messed with his pets before videotaping them, yes the cat seems in a strange mood but cats usually hold resentment for a little longer and they'll hiss and meow at you moments after you messed with them. Dogs on the contrary are more accepting even if you hurt them, and since there is no time signature in this video there is no way of knowing if this guy messed with the dog multiple times which is why it went back under the bed numerous times. The rest of the tricks could have been achieved with simple electronic apparatuses. By the end of the third video there seems to be an overlay mask applied when the light goes off, all objects retained their original reflections after the string was pulled but the image just became darker.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I agree with each of you. It is not an easy task to find proof validating either view.

However, if we establish means whereby these event could be manifest without paranormal intervention, it stands to reason that we can't say without doubt that ghosts, spirits, or some unearthly being created the havoc we are seeing in these videos.

This is one of the stills of the can falling in the attic. Be aware of the area in the green.....

This is a short three second clip. You might have to play it several times, but pay close attention to the area outlined in green above.

You'll notice that little round thing changes as the can falls.

I hope this makes it easier to see. If not, give me some hints that might.

Real nice, isn't it? I joined youtube 2 years ago and have one 3 second video ....LMAO!

[edit on 7/24/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

I see it too Gary. It looks as though it is being pulled. I had to watch it 20 times to see it. At first I thought it was his shadow but it can't be. I think it's a fake personally. Camera is too conveniently placed.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

do you think it could be compressed air being shot out of something? That would be my guess.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I have had dogs and cats for most of my life, so I completely understand your point about the vacuum. In fact, my current cats know when I'm going to the closet with the vacuum in it, and they friggin skedaddle for a good hour. Typically, I find them under the sheets. Here's my point, though: from this guy's demeanor, he seems to be genuinely concerned for Phoebe (the white dog under the bed). Therefore, I find it hard to swallow that this guy, who authentically cares for his dogs would then intentionally scare her just to fake a video. If the video's a fake, he's a jerk. If he scared his dog, on purpose, to fake it, he's a giant jerk.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

He left the radio on all day for the dogs. I had dogs and when I was gone, they'd tear up pillows, towels, socks, etc. An animal behaviorist told me to leave the TV or radio on for them while I was gone. I did. Guess what? No more chaos.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
While I agree that no video capture would mean nothing would get seen, ever, I also become skeptical when it's too convenient. There is a clutter-free table, nothing on it except an almost-gone roll of paper towel. i.e. very light. Why not a heavier roll? Why is it halfway off the edge of the table? Why is it there at all? Suspicious, but still believable.. except that he also conveniently got the door in the shot, AND the radio. All aspects of the incident, neatly caught on tape. When he went into the attic, why did he put the camera down? He had no problem going up the stairs with it in his hands, but puts it down to explore the room? Why? Why that convenient angle?

By the way, I'd consider a dog yawning of some have mentioned, as being more realistic, not less so. A yawning dog is a nervous dog quite often, submissive. That is, they feel threatened. It doesn't mean they are bored...

The other thing I am slightly skeptical of is the shadow. Not the passing in front of the "eyes" thing (I think that's just two spots on somthing inside of the closet, clothes or a dresser or something), but rather that he caught it. If I watched that in passing on my video camera, I would not see it mostl likely. And in fact, I would fast forward through the bit where I accidently left it on the bed. I doubt it would be visible until you put it on a TV or something to watch it. Although, perhaps he was watching all footage, to see if there was anything there.

I'd like to believe, but it seems too many cooincidences at any rate.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
all fabricated dude .....................sorry

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Video post #1:

ok just one minute or so into video one(post)..its clear to me that this is all staged by whomever...first of all the dogs are displaying behavior of which they would in the presence of humans (actual people such as the owner himself) note the wagging tails and they seemingly go to that person off camera.

ok....secondly, when the door starts to close and make those rattling sounds. If this were to happen with no 'person' present...why wwouldnt at least one of the two dogs go crazy and at least bark?!

video post #2:

ok this one is a dead give away...the stager messed up on a real minor thing here..ok see into that dark room? see the glowing digital(?) clock in the dark? when the 'shadow' passes before it...you can see the opacity of the 'person' when in front of that light is solid not semi transparent like when before it entered..this is done in after effects or a similar vid editing app....whomever did this should have masked out the entire image on all frames....seems they did just the well lit area part and not the dark room...lol nice try.

anyway its soooo obvious this is staged.....

[edit on 25-7-2008 by GodMode]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I lived in a house where exactly the same sort of phenomena went on. I hope you have better luck than we did, because that was twenty five yrs ago, and we are still haunted, not in a scary way, but they are still here. But back when we first encountered them, it was terrifying, and I witnessed exactly the same phenomena. The closet door slamming closed the last inch or two gave me goosebumps, I seen that as I was walking by my own closet one day. Scared me to death.

The stuff flying around up in the attic, been there done that, and I was down the stairs just as fast as him with no more valor than him either lol. You just don't know how you will react to something out of the ordinary like that until it happens. Once it does you never look at the world in quite the same way.

Like I said, we later gained a familiarity with these spirits. We know of two and maybe three or more. Probably more if my instincts are good. More later, but I have to get ready for work now. I need to read the thread, all I had time to do was watch the vids and reply.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Yeats23

Me too. I had a rottie and I would leave tv on for him when I wasn't home. Actually, he preferred the Golden Girls reruns on Lifetime lol But I would come home and he didn't destroy anything. It was weird.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join