It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the best ghost footage ive ever seen...or is it?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by re22666

and like i said. i will go video tape my moth. then when you cannot recreate it, we can all declare that my moth is fake right? based on your long condescending post it is.

No, the realistic approach would be when we could not recreate it to allow it as evidence of whatever you are contending.

If I could recreate it, then I have grounds to say it is not necessarily caused by whatever the odd phenomena you attach to it.

In the case of your moth, when I could not recreate it, I'd have to allow it as likely true you taped a moth.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954

and like i said. i will go video tape my moth. then when you cannot recreate it, we can all declare that my moth is fake right? based on your long condescending post it is.

No, the realistic approach would be when we could not recreate it to allow it as evidence of whatever you are contending.

If I could recreate it, then I have grounds to say it is not necessarily caused by whatever the odd phenomena you attach to it.

In the case of your moth, when I could not recreate it, I'd have to allow it as likely true you taped a moth.

you missed the point entirely. it is a video. you want it recreated. what is the budget. have you seen hellboy 2? there is some crazy stuff in that movie, i saw it all on film. anything on video can be recreated.
the scientific method works on observations of real things. not films.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Let's play nice, folks.

Opinions can get heated sometimes. This I know...

But getting personal is not what we're about here. Just a freindly reminder.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
First you have said this:

Now you say this:

anything on video can be recreated.

Please clarify what point you are attempting to make.

On one hand you say a video of the moth in your garage can't be recreated.
Then you say ANYTHING on video can be recreated.

Can you see the conflict in those two statements?

My point was simple: It is not indisputable evidence of paranormal activity if it can be recreated by ordinary means.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

First you have said this:

Now you say this:

anything on video can be recreated.

Please clarify what point you are attempting to make.

On one hand you say a video of the moth in your garage can't be recreated.
Then you say ANYTHING on video can be recreated.

Can you see the conflict in those two statements?

My point was simple: It is not indisputable evidence of paranormal activity if it can be recreated by ordinary means.

yes, even the moth could be recreated given enough time, money and resources. my point was that in this context, that method of proof holds no water because i am willing to bet a great deal that YOU could not recreate my moth, but hollywood could. so what does that prove, science is only valid up until a certain budget point? i guess you do not understand context or words. anything can be recreated on film or video. anything can. can anyone do it? no. of course not. either way, recreating something on film is no standard for proof for as i have said, i can easily capture many things on film VERY FEW PEOPLE could recreate and yet that does not subtract from the validity of what i taped so if stephen spielberg recreates your paper towel exactly, that will convince you it is a hoax?
ever see close encounters of the third kind? those were not real.

my point is simple. on a web forum, being able to or not able to recreate the video of the paper towel proves NOTHING!!! so why demand it as proof?

[edit on 7/27/2008 by re22666]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Let's play nice, folks.

Opinions can get heated sometimes. This I know...

But getting personal is not what we're about here. Just a freindly reminder.

agreed. within the past page and a half there have been posts that could potentialy spawn an argument. Im guilty of that myself. I was able to work it out with the other person but lets all be careful not to make it personal. lets continue to stay on topic and remember were all in the same boat here.

Cant we all just get along?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth.

I would rate that about a 1 out of ten based on what I've seen. What I've seen are ghosts so powerful they can only be demonss. These are the kind that follow you as you run. They Appear I. The most horrible apArittions beyond imagination. Some of them made these moaning voices so awful they show that they are absolute evil. My god I am one of those people who never get scared but these abominations made me paranoid for weeks until my brain automatically clouded those memories to protect itself. Now I'm sure some members are familure with psychology and would know what I'm talking about. Ihese thing are of absolute evil and sometimes attack in pairs. They are of the most powerful of spirits bc they attempt to hurt you. God they were so horrible that I can't describe them with words so you would never know how horrifying they are. These are only shown on the Internet as I'm sure without a doubt they would be too intense for television.these apparitions were far worse than anything Hollywood could come up with. I would dig up the link but I can't bwcause I hardly remember these as result of a natural deefense mechanism. I hope to god you don't see these . One person even copied one of the videos to show how it turned him from an atheist to a believer. They are 12 of them and I'm telling you that to warn you if you ever come across a ghost video sequence of 12, stay away from it as these abominations can only be servants of the devil. I ask for you to trust me in that these are scarier than I have described. The best I've seen on television was a documentary which scores undoubtably a 3/10. I apologize for the sloppynwless bc this is probably my worst post ever in terms of Granmer. My hands are cramping up past midnight as I'm trying to type on a tiny iPod touch screen with little biluttons. Oh yeah I think it's called scary ghosts from he'll. Do not go to thst ad it will make you loose sleep like me, a 24 year old man who's afraid
Of nothing. Once again if you get scared easily or hold fears of anything in general, watch at your own risk as you are speaking to a man who's conqured fear.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by re22666

The ability to recreate whatever the event it, proves it is not necessarily a paranormal phenomena. That is the point everyone appears to be making.

I don't see the comparison to a movie and what we have here. In this case your budget would be a few everyday props (things you already own from around the house), some string, a camera, and your time.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
it would be nice if we could all express an opinion without having to justify it. facts are one thing but im not trying to argue the validity of ghosts. just that we need a higher threshold of proof for images than recreating them so to see it demand (not by the OP) as proof struck me. sorry i upset the person that said it to the point it got ugly again. i am a magnet for arguments here. and yes i know i could come across as nicer.
i was just trying to add that pictures and moving pictures and the ability to recreate them proves nothing.
sorry if it upset anyone

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wildcat

ummmmmmmmm......wow....ummmmmm....ok

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

reply to post by re22666

The ability to recreate whatever the event it, proves it is not necessarily a paranormal phenomena. That is the point everyone appears to be making.

I don't see the comparison to a movie and what we have here. In this case your budget would be a few everyday props (things you already own from around the house), some string, a camera, and your time.

right. ok. i tried to be nice. i really did. you insist on having this argument with me? really? this is your saturday night? i am sorry you do not get my comparison. and do not tell me what MY props would be. you have no idea what i have access to. you have no idea what kind of video i have the means or budget to make. that is my point. so if you insist on this. just tell me why you would demand it be recreated to provie it a hoax. when, as i said, that ability is only limited by the budget. it is not impossible by any means to recreate anything so why would you demand it? what will it prove to you? that it is a hoax? what if it was real but i spend a ton of cash and got WETA to do it. then what does that prove? so either explain why demanding a recreation would prove anythng either way or please stop arguing with me.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by re22666

I can't make it any clearer to you.
I haven't attacked you personally.
And I have no reason too.
I am stating a fact.

Just take a moment and ask yourself: can these things be recreated by everyday means?

If the answer is yes, then there is no definitive proof that any of what we see is paranormal activity.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

reply to post by re22666

I can't make it any clearer to you.
I haven't attacked you personally.
And I have no reason too.
I am stating a fact.

Just take a moment and ask yourself: can these things be recreated by everyday means?

If the answer is yes, then there is no definitive proof that any of what we see is paranormal activity.

sigh

i thought you had a legitimate point to make but you are just looking for a fight. you won. look elsewhere for the next. nooone ever said "recreate it under these stipulations" just "recreate it." so although adding now that you meant with every day means, still. what might be every day means for you is not for someone else. what about the lowly guys at say ILM that have no name recognition, no real credits, but have plenty of "every day means" you and i do not. that was my point. recreating it is only as good as observing the recreation being made itself so the recreation is null and void. you want to say every days means now, fine. recreate it with everyday means according to your supplied? list of what is everyday and then it will be proven a hoax to you. whatever you say. you win. im done with you. move on.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoafy
reply to post by wildcat

Ha ha. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Just add in a " ummmmmm... what?"

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

reply to post by wildcat

. What is your point? Do you have any idea how hard it is to type on the unstable iPod touch 2.0 firmware? Or are you too young and immature to put forth any useful contribution to a thread?

[edit on 27-7-2008 by wildcat]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat

reply to post by wildcat

. What is your point? Do you have any idea how hard it is to type on a touch screen? Or are you too young and immature to put forth any useful contribution to a thread?

If I may, I think the point was that your post was somewhat confusing. You started talking about 12 videos of ghosts from hell and saying dont watch them and lots of other stuff that didnt really seem to have anything to do with anything.

I think mabye what shoafy was wondering ( or atleast what I was wonderng is ( what did your post about 12 videos of ghosts from hell have to do with whether or not the three videos at the begining of the thread were real or not. What did it have to do with the thread.

I hope that answers your question.

and shoafy, If I am incorrect with what your intent was, I apologise. I just figured it was the same as mine because what you typed was exactly what I was thinking.

peace

[edit on 27-7-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

[edit on 27-7-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
A REMINDER TO EVERYONE IN THE THREAD : Lets be careful not to get personal. The past 2 pages have been teetering on the edge of becoming personal attacks on others. That is not what ATS is about.
ATS is about denying ignorance and finding the truth. Arguing , fighting and insulting only gets in the way of that. Please lets keep it civil.

And remember the old saying, if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all.

peace

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
i do not understand why there is any heat on this thread anyway. this is not a controversial topic. either you believe or you dont in ghosts and niether side can prove that they do or do not exsist anyway so there is no point in arguing. i sure let it get to me and snap back here and it is so stupid. this s an interesting thread about a curious topic. we should all enjoy it or not enjoy it our own way. there is no use in pissing all over each other over methods of proof or this and that when NOONE CAN PROVE GHOSTS DO OR DO NOT EXSIST YET. sorry for my part in it, can we get back to discussing the videos like adults. and yes i aim this post at me as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Still no word from the video owner. He last logged in to youtube 5 days ago. Untill we hear from him we can really do nothing more than speculate and provide evidence one way or another.

I will send him another email, but it wont do any good unless he logs on to read it.

Last night,I was thinking about the radio interference in the video. It really doesnt sound like normal radio interference to me. I wonder if mabye that sound could have been added in later.

what does everyone think? was it added later or was the radio manipulated somehow while filming or was it actually a ghost?

what do you think?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Also is any one going to try to reproduce what is seen on these videos? I would really like to see what ATS can do...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join