It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the best ghost footage ive ever seen...or is it?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Of all the footage he's posted, the part which initially seemed to me the most difficult to fake was that of the paper towel flipping through the air. However, I took a paper towel and placed it similarly on the end of a coffee table. I then laid down behind/underneath the table and inserted a pencil into the end and was able to pull off a quick flip as he has done here. It is rather suspicious that the towel is conveniently laying partly off the end of a solid table?

I am always open to these sorts of things because I am convinced that they do occasionally happen (and could have happened here, but I always opt for the Occam rule first).

[edit on 23-7-2008 by whatsup]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I completely agree, the guy is a fraud, although a decent attempt. He is VERY insensitive for involving his dogs though. Should never have happened. But, there are SO many ways to tell these cips are fake. It's fun to watch but insulting if he expects us to believe it.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Im glad to see more posts in this thread.

This thread has become a good example of how ghost videos CAN be faked, and faked well. I wanted to do this and have the ATS community tear these videos apart to find out if they were real or not.

What I had in mind was sharpening the ignorance denying skills of the ATS community.

When I first found the videos I only watched them once before posting them to this thread. And like many of you I thought they were real, at first...

Thanks to the help of the fine people here at ATS we were able to bring forth ALOT of evidence that these videos are faked. Good job!

Now we will be that much more prepared to either prove or debunk videos and pictures that will no doubt cross ATS's path in the future.

Way to go ATS! Way to go.

Having said that, I have another question about the video with the "Orb" at the begining. My question is. How do you fake that? Is it CGI?

The few basic video editing software that ive seen didnt have the ability to create something like that. Of course they were REALLY basic.

SO yeah, How was the orb done?

[edit on 23-7-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yeah Im now convinced its a fake, with all the other comments. Plus I wasnt looking at the eyes I was looking at the picture frame moving!!

Why I thought it was fake, I have dogs and I never leave anything they can chew or make a mess with, especially kitchen roll.

Also to the people who say you cant fake the dogs expression, does anyone remember seeing the VW (i think) car ad that had a happy confident dog then another that was really scared, shaking and cowering. It can be faked, dogs can be trained to do most things. (animal rights complained saying it must have been scared, and they said it was just trained).

However, good vids to say the least gave me the jeepers a little. Good thread,

Peace

[edit on 23/7/2008 by LestatG]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
i think that we can conclude that this was a very elaborate hoax. I'd still love to know exactly how he did the paper towel thing though. I tried replicating it but i could only get it to spin 2 1/2 times in the air. i wrapped a string around it horizontally, placed it vertically on my table, pulled it, and as it unravels it spins it in the air vertically as in the video. He must have attempted it quite a few times if this is the way that he did it. It's incredibly difficult to achieve that many spins in the air without the paper towel changing trajectory in mid air. Or maybe he just got lucky.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
i think that we can conclude that this was a very elaborate hoax. I'd still love to know exactly how he did the paper towel thing though. I tried replicating it but i could only get it to spin 2 1/2 times in the air. i wrapped a string around it horizontally, placed it vertically on my table, pulled it, and as it unravels it spins it in the air vertically as in the video. He must have attempted it quite a few times if this is the way that he did it. It's incredibly difficult to achieve that many spins in the air without the paper towel changing trajectory in mid air. Or maybe he just got lucky.

Id like to know how he did it all too. I sent this guy a message on youtube yesterday to see if he would come here and talk with us but I havent recieved a response yet. I imagine I wont be getting one.

I hope I am wrong though Because knowing for sure how its done could really help ATS deny ignorance in the future.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

He probably doesn't check youtube everyday. And if he did check it, and see this thread he probably wanted to see what comments came up, it has to be interesting for him.

I think he will show up.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The paper towel trick can be pulled off with a bit of fishing line. Use some scotch tape and yank down on the end hanging off the table. If the table had any sort of hollow middle or any kind of latch on it that could be used as a lever to bent the line at 90° so that it doesent have to be pulled straight down.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

He probably doesn't check youtube everyday. And if he did check it, and see this thread he probably wanted to see what comments came up, it has to be interesting for him.

I think he will show up.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Sonya610]

your probably right. I certainly dont check youtube everyday. im really curious to see if he will continue to claim it is real or if he will admit it is fake.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hi, I'm an anonymous magician.
Let me try and break this down the way I would do it if it were a routine.

The dogs-as simple as treats and fear. Many of you have suggested this. The dog comes when there's good stuff and retreats when there's a fear object. The black dog is probably not afraid of inanimate objects.

The cat-The spot on it's chin, optical illusion, idea has merit. Could be that he just has a hissy cat though.

The orb- Could be a digital effect or it could be a bug that just happened to be there and caught the light.

The radio-Is it a radio? I would have used a tape. Although, as stated, a magnet could be used for the visual disturbances and the radio, it would be a little more precise to record yourself doing stuff to radio transmissions and then play it later at your convenience.

The door-Compatriot. This one is an actual spiritualism trick. One person is in the closet/attic. The other is behind the camera. If you notice, the door opens and closes at will. Most doors require a knob to be turned once closed for the door to open. However, if you tape the latch, a person on the other side can jiggle the knob all day making it seem like the door still requires that. Then they can move their hand before the person on the other side pulls the fishing line/invisible string. Said string is also attached to the other side of the door.
If it were me, I would put a very very small eye hook in the ceiling somewhere to allow for the door to open in such a jerky way. Physics.

The paper towel roll- Just for laughs I recreated this in my house. Here's a magic secret. Wax and line. I ran the line under the couch and over the corner, disguising the line in the cushion. I then ran the line under two layers of paper towel and re-rolled it. This gave it strength. I attached the end to the inside of the roll facing the "camera". From behind the camera the operator merely pulls the string and the paper towel roll will end up wherever the string comes over the couch. The more slack the more flips but too much slack and no movement at all.

The picture frame-Same thing. String

The shadow figure- Said better by others here. Video editing.
The Eyes are incidental- doorknob. I don't think the film maker was even aware of them when he made this.

The attic scene- Why were the lights already on? Maybe the ghost is just pissed at living in the suburban version of Guantanamo Bay? Turn 'em off already.
The barrel falling was less magic trick and more survival trick. They call it a Paiute deadfall trap. They (the Paiute) were quite ingenious about being able to support great weight (like boulders) with twigs and ultimately using a blade of grass as the trigger. Grass shifts and the boulder crushes the whatever. Most people who do this today use a smaller rock and twigs (no grass) because we evidently lost some kind of cool knowledge along the way. Still, this is a very similar setup.
If that guy smirks like that all the time he must be very popular with the ladies.

So, in re-reading, I have horrible grammar and I only gave away a couple of actual magic secrets. This guy should get into card tricks. They suck too.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Not sure if this was stated before... but without analyzing the videos in great detail there is really only one thing that stood out to me that this could be fake...In the second video (the one where is dog is hiding under the bed) at 4:47-4:49 in the video you can see him kind of nod to someone possibly hiding behind the stuff to the left side... I just thought the movement he used at that time was rather odd, sorry if this was posted before.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

I'd still love to know exactly how he did the paper towel thing though. I tried replicating it but i could only get it to spin 2 1/2 times in the air.

Read my comment above. I was able to do this by inserting a pencil (eraser end) a few inches into the end while laying underneath. With a quick hard flick below the level of the surface, I was able to spin it through the air. I didn't test it with a camera however. On final thing; I do not necessarily agree with those that say "it's been proven to be fake." My opinion is that it is "possibly" fake (but how can you really know?).

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup
reply to post by JPhish

I'd still love to know exactly how he did the paper towel thing though. I tried replicating it but i could only get it to spin 2 1/2 times in the air.

Read my comment above. I was able to do this by inserting a pencil (eraser end) a few inches into the end while laying underneath. With a quick hard flick below the level of the surface, I was able to spin it through the air. I didn't test it with a camera however. On final thing; I do not necessarily agree with those that say "it's been proven to be fake." My opinion is that it is "possibly" fake (but how can you really know?).

What id like to know is exactly how the video owner did it. Your absolutley right though. We shouldnt say that its been PROVEN to be fake. Some people dont seem to realize that their is a difference between prrof and evidence. We have provided evidence that the video is faked but I dont think we have 100% proved it.

I do believe the videos are fake because of the amount of evidence claiming its fake. but as you said ( I dont really know)

Im still waiting to hear from the video owner and see what he says. If he continues to say its real we can present him with all the evidence that we have. If he admits its fake I want to know exactly how he did it.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I wish the people who posted on this forum would read all the posts before forming a reply, deny ignorance people, everyone is being ignorant about this video.

There is no solid evidence this video is fake, no one has come up with anything to prove or dis-prove these videos, just speculation, so stop assuming its fake.

Whoever said they edit with photoshop and then posted the big FAKE, your extremely ignorant, photoshop is not video editing software, so learn your programs and if you find out that it can be done with maybe adobe premiere or some other type of editing software then open your mouth. Photoshop faking is an invalid argument.

Someone else film a replication of that paper towel flip and Ill believe it was faked, that would be probably the hardest thing to fake on here, although it may be possible, many people just say well that could be done with fish string, or thin wire, try it.

Several people posted on the radio being on, thats not weird at all, maybe he was cleaning, maybe he just keeps it on, there could be several reasons why the radio was on, this is an invalid argument.

Others, very ignorant others, posted about the camera being in the perfect time at the perfect place, if you had ready the previous posts, or even his video descriptions he explains the case with the camera, he was filming his dogs in the first video, maybe to show a friend or family member this is common, maybe he just enjoys making home videos as a hobby, we don't know we can't assume, thus you have another invalid argument.

In the clip with smokey, the original clip, he placed the camera on the bed and came right back to pick it up and turn it off, if he were planning on editing footage in wouldn't it make more sense for him to give himself some time?

After the first clip of course hes going to be curious so he starts setting up the camera occasionally hoping to catch something, thus you get clip two the door, which all of this video may have been faked but all you have is speculation, you think, you guess, maybe, it has not been dis proven, none of it.

This video is not fake, until proven fake, and at this point I would say it could very easily be real just as much as it could be fake, talking to the film maker would be the best way to decide let him explain our questions, if that doesn't ever happen, to me this could be real.

DENY IGNORANCE, READ ENTIRE TOPICS BEFORE POSTING.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Im with the rest here as for the cat dont tell me none of you never sprayed a cat with a squirt bottle before? This hiss and puff up than act all cool. Just my two cents.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Another thing I'd like everyone to notice, look at his other videos, he has several on youtube.

The program he used to edit the videos was Windows Movie Maker, thats obvious, so yeah the film was edited, but he lacks the skills to edit very well.

Watch his other videos and tell me if this guy seems like someone who could produce a fake this intricate?

Please, think about all the evidence and stop making assumptions, theres a better chance these movies are real then your realizing.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
First off, let me just say a few things. I don't know if this is true or not, I'm just going to tell you what I notice, and maybe explain why some things are, just so we can further get to a verdict.

-I know this has already been brought up, but of course everything is going to be caught on film, thats the whole reason for noticing it. If nothing was there, then we would just be watching his dogs walk around.

-Dogs CAN be scared. I remember my friends dog was afraid, and I mean AFRAID of any kind of gun. It could be a plastic orange-toy gun, or it could be a bb-gun, it didn't matter, the dog HATED it and would run away. So to say you can't just scare a dog is false. I've seen it happen multiple times to know it can happen.

-The door does look a little strange, BUT just focus your eyes on something that is moving slightly. I focused on the curtains that are moving very gently to the AC below. If you look at that, while the door opens, it actually is fluid and never stops....at least from what I can tell. So I personally don't think that it was stop-editing. Fish line or something else? Could be, but I don't think it was stop-edited.

-Why would he leave music on if he went to work? To tell you the truth, I've seen many people do this when they leave, and have pets in the house. Some people do keep a radio on, so there pets feel like someone is in the house with them. My parents used to do this actually, and while it never really made to much sense to me, they still did it.

-The attic scene(third video): I did find it extremely convenient that he scanned everything except for the actual can, or the Rubbermade box its sitting on. Out of all the videos, this was the easiest to fake, if it is fake at all. I think it would be best if we stayed away from this video until we figure out the others a little better. For some reason, this one just smells fake to me.....but again, lets move on.

-The Shadow Figure(second video): First of all, he did say he has been "ghost hunting" in his house, so he's had his camera on. He left it rolling while taking his dogs out. Now, we should assume that since he is looking for ghosts, that being the reason for him keeping the camera on...right? Well, why didn't he take it with him? Why have it placed right there, why not somewhere else? Why did he put it down, then come back in about 10 seconds later? the shadow figure itself could be faked by anybody with a computer, so I'm not to worried about how it looks. I just want to know why he left, set the camera down perfectly, went to take his dogs out(bathroom?), but then came back in 10 sec later. It just doesn't make sense......

-The paper towel: I don't know how he did this, but it looks strange. Sure, it could be real, but something about it looks weird when its being flipped. And, as some people have pointed out, you can't see whats under the table. Hmmmm...this ones a toughie.

So my conclusion is 50-50. The attic one could easily be faked, but again, it could be real. The shadow figure could have been faked by computers, but again, it could be real. The door and paper towel could be faked, but could be real. I dont know? What do you guys think?

[edit on 23-7-2008 by TravisT]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisTThe door does look a little strange, BUT just focus your eyes on something that is moving slightly. I focused on the curtains that are moving very gently to the AC below. If you look at that, while the door opens, it actually is fluid and never stops....at least from what I can tell.

I can't see the curtains moving, or anything in the room moving at all during the door sequence. The only thing i noticed is that the lighting changes a couple of times.

And the papertowel roll does seem very conveniently placed right on top of that solid coffee table. What in the heck is that noise supposed to be when the paper towels fly? Sounds like an air-horn or some old clown horn type noise.

The fact that this entity expresses itself in soooo many ways makes it harder to believe. It has appeared as an orb, it has made the radio go static, it makes odd "whooping" noises, it appears as a shadow, and it also decides to move the camera around, and it tends to do ALL of these things within a very few minutes.

Realistically if an entity was THAT busy, if it was flooding every corner of the house with weird activity its amazing this guy had to catch it on camera to realize what was going on! And that is what he claims happened, he claims he first realized "something was weird" when he left the camera on while taking his dogs out.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Realistically if an entity was THAT busy, if it was flooding every corner of the house with weird activity its amazing this guy had to catch it on camera to realize what was going on! And that is what he claims happened, he claims he first realized "something was weird" when he left the camera on while taking his dogs out.

Thats something I thought about as well. Paranormal activity that strong would be hard to miss. I dont believe the story that he had no idea untill he played the video back.

once again more evidence that these videos are faked.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Admittedly, I only watched the first video and read the first page of posts, but I was most interested to see the dogs' behavior in the video that everyone was so impressed with...

IMO, the dogs exhibited no behaviors that I couldn't get my Jack Russell to do with a few off camera hand commands and a laser light...I've seen 3 dalmations simultaneously react to something I thought to be paranormal and their reactions were much more inquisitive looking, with their heads kind of turning from side to side...I've also seen a rottweiler react to something that may have been paranormal, and his reaction was aggressive and confused...

These dogs didn't react either way - their focus was sometimes at or around human eye level or moving around the room simultaneously...When combined with my belief that dogs can SENSE spirits not SEE them, as well as the fact that the rotty mix didn't seem to be spooked at all, I'm calling it a very good hoax...

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join