It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex And You!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Oh come now - i'm not even STARTING to debunk that here. Long story short they just arent trying to murder us all. Its not profitable.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ScriptKiddie

Fabulous answer. Still concerned about teflon due to an earlier poster.

...it would seem pretty safe so long as you didn start actively eating large quantities of the foil

No-one ever told me that.

Or this guy, for that matter:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Haha - link me when the "Mr Metal-Eater has Slow Mental Degeneration - France" comes out!

Anyway, teflon, as the source of all that is good - wikipedia - will tell you, as a brand name applies to a few different polymers. Same website lists all three variations as mostly non-reactive, which i could believe due to the strong nature of the carbon-fluorine bonds in there.

On the other hand, no molecular formula/diagram is provided for Teflon FEP (i shall go looking) - so i couldnt comment on it for sure.

As with the foil, it looks as though its not going to do much damage unless you actually eat it - i'll try and find some datasheets for the three compounds too though.

(Incidentally - WorldDomoCorp tells me that teflon on toast is a fine sturdy meal for the modern working class family - mmm, taste those refreshing halogens!)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
There are three possibilities,

1) "They" are fully aware of this poison, and they are slowly reducing the population.

2) "They" are unaware of this poison, and they truly are clueless of the effects.

3) "They" are unsure of the true effects of this poison, only because there is no device on this Earth that can track the poison as it is absorbed into your body, and distributed through your blood system, to see the "side effects" it causes. So there is no absolute "proof" or "evidence" and they ignore it.

I think #3 is the most plausible. It seems as though people don't believe things until there is absolute evidence that it effects the body. However, we don't have the technology to actually see how it effects the body, because we really don't even fully understand the body yet. If we did have the technology to track chemicals and their total effects on the human body, then I very well doubt there would be ANY type of medication that has "side effects".

Since about 99% of all medications have "side effects" that are usually worse then the problem, I guarantee we don't have the technology to find out WHY. If we did have that technology, we would have medications that work 100% with no "side effects".

It's sad that humanity has come down to this, meaning, humanity waits for absolute evidence, instead of using logic as preliminary evidence.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
For anyone who was interested in seeing Just how Safe your Personal-care products are:

Safe Cosmetics Database:

www.cosmeticsdatabase.com...

A friend of mine just passed this along to me today - it rates on a scale of 1 - 10, how safe certain products are. Just type them in the search bar - and you'll see.

- Carrot

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScriptKiddie

I'm afraid i'm not too hot on that front, but as aluminium in its foil form is in its solid metallic state, i would imagine that the bonding forces in the shared-electron lattice would keep most of the aluminium nuclei in the foil and out of the food. Although its a reactive metal, i can't think of any chemical processes between it and organic molecules like glucose or starch in food with low enough acivation energies to happen at room temperature - so it would seem pretty safe so long as you didn start actively eating large quantities of the foil (especially as the gut absorbs such a low percentage).

Pretty safe for some foods maybe - but you do need to be careful folks, in particular - don't use it with anything acidic like fruit!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
For anyone who was interested in seeing Just how Safe your Personal-care products are:

Safe Cosmetics Database:

www.cosmeticsdatabase.com...

A friend of mine just passed this along to me today - it rates on a scale of 1 - 10, how safe certain products are. Just type them in the search bar - and you'll see.

- Carrot

A link to this site is posted earlier in the thread.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kaffemoka

Sorry Must have Missed it.

- Carrot

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Good stuff, I am suprised more people here don't know about sunscreen. Hit a good mark with the skin absorbing topic. I didn't know about that old armpit medicine trick, very interesting!

Looks like my deodorant is 'mostly' safe aside from the triclosan which is an endocrine disruptor. I'd use Tom's deodorant more, but it wears out too fast. Maybe I'll just pack it with me at work.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I didn't see where this was mentioned, but I heard that flu shots also have aluminum in them. But, I haven't researched it, because I have never had one. I don't drink out of cans, but I do have canned foods. I don't use aluminum based deodorant, and I have switched to better home cleaning products. I use mineral based make-ups, but I am not sure they are safe either. Next I am switching toothpaste. I am on this train.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Aluminum isn't the only harmful metal, there are other heavy metals that we are exposed to in our environment. Even regular baking soda contains aluminum. Mercury, Cadmium, arsenic. Heavy metal toxicity in the body can mimic other illnesses too and most allopathic doctors won't test for heavy metals unless you request it. Deoderants, soaps, toothpaste, sunscreens etc can be purchased at most health food stores. Check out Environmental Working Group for a list of safer products and news on toxicity.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

yes realized this years ago...

started using the "Thai Deodorant Stone" ... its a block of mineral salt.. you put it under water and its odorless and does a great job of doing what it's supposed to...

instead of concealing odor.. and poisoning you through one of the most vulnerably pourous areas of your body.. it actually just.. causes the bacteria that CAUSE the odor.. not to be able to grow.

simple.

thanks for alerting people here about it.

same thing goes with shampoos.... toothpaste...

it's like the plot to the first "Batman" movie... on steroids.

-

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I stopped using products with Aluminum Zirconium a long time ago... I happen to be allergic to anything with it. I've always wondered why, makes sense now...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
KREUZFELD-JAKOBS DISEASE, not Crutchfield-Jacobs.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Many natural food and products websites have products that are free of chemical and man made contaminants. Forum rules won't allow me to post the links, but a Google search will quickly reveal them Many of them also supply the links to the medical research that shows how poisonous this stuff really is. there is a good reason that Alzheimer disease has exponentially increased with the onset of the use of these products. The really scary thing is that there may be links to genetic damage from some of this stuff.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wallachian
There are some crystal deos, made out of natural salts, that you could try. One of those crystal sticks lasts about one year, its completely harmless, and they're quite cheap.

The one I have been using for a very long time (knowing the issues with antiperspirants for a good decade) is Crystal Stick:

www.thecrystal.com...

I use it and a touch of High John, which I buy in a Santeria shop. It smells divine, and between the alcohol infusion and the crystal, I smell freshy-fresh a good 24-36 hours.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

why is it that when you read the ingredients of deoderant it says "Drug Facts" i never knew it was considered a drug

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
I been sayin it for years..it's a good thing I have a glandular problem that doesn't allow me to perspire as much..but I rarely use deodorant. a friend of mine said baby powder and baking soda would work just fine.

Wrong.

It's a good thing you don't use antiperspirants, but it's a bad thing you don't perspire much. Perspiring is an action of the excretory system; without it, many bodily wastes are not released properly. Not good.

Kinda like holding in a big dump for a day or two. You begin to feel sick and irritable, or worse.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Yes, heard bout this but wondering what exactly the stink was all about?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join