It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex And You!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
this is why we need to tear down our current corporate structure

the desire for "higher profits" has caused corporations to be apathetic towards the poisons they sell

so, only two possibilties exist from my perspective

1) Either humans are totally retarded and do Not realize what they are selling us

or
2) They are evil genious that Knows Exactly what they are selling us, and lies to cover the truth (that they actually wanna poison us en masse)

I cant see a # 3... maybe it is a mix of both 1 and 2?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Thank you thank you thank you for making this thread. It's incredible how few people know about this.

I stopped using antiperspirants about half an year ago. My lymph glands started swelling, my skin was constantly irritated and itchy. Epilating didn't help much neither (i'm a woman, lol).

Now, there are deodorants out there that don't have this stuff in them. You just need a little patience when you go shopping, read a lot of labels and in the end you'll find a deo. Unfortunatelly, most of them are sprays, and sprays are very wasteful. There are a few natural cosmetics brands that have solid deos based on baking soda and other safe ingredients, but whether they work or not depends on each individual. For me it's a nightmare to find a deo that's aluminum free, not animal tested, and that also happens to work...

The sad part is that cosmetics are filled with harmful stuff, not just aluminum.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
How ironic i happen to own both those products in my bathroom haha. Iv known about this for years tho, I only use deodorant for special occasions or special dates etc. I do not apply it to my skin tho i apply it to the outside of my shirt under my armpit. It's a real pain to get that greenish tint out of a white shirt tho, whoops.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
A related subject. I reccomend you guys check out Dr. Bronners soap.

It is a natural product that smells and feels good. Not sure if anyone has tried it before, but if you are wanting to move to a more natural body wash / soap, then you should checkit out.

www.drbronner.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
You might also wanna stay away from self tanning lotions, they contain an aluminum compound too. Better stay a little in the sun, you need the vitamin D anyways.

There are some crystal deos, made out of natural salts, that you could try. One of those crystal sticks lasts about one year, its completely harmless, and they're quite cheap. There are people on which they don't work (they didn't work on me, after one week of using it my boyfriend suggested nicely that i switch back to my regular deo
). But they might work on you, it's worth the risk i guess, and if they do work on you, think about how it would be to buy deo only once a year! Just google crystal deo, there are many brands.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I'm glad someone finally pointed this out.

Anti-antiperspirants are not "deodorants"- which are relatively safer than the former in that they contain less toxic chemicals.

It seems the only safe way of deodorizing is cologne under the armpits... and even then you must check the ingredients.

Applying aluminum or other toxic elements directly onto highly active glands is a great way to get the poison into one's bloodstream.

Flouride, vaccine's, toxic foods and products, chemtrails - Our Governments Love us to death...

Good work, Alien.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Fascinating discussion. I'm fortunate in that one of my parents advised me against using anti-perspirant decades ago, as it hindered the body's natural function. As a consequence I've used deodorant ever since.

A good friend of mine is an industrial chemist. Wait for it - it was his formula that was used in one of the world's leading brands' top anti-perspirant product. Just wait till I quiz him on this issue. I may not see him for a couple of weeks, but I'll post his responses here.

Other friends are consultant physicians & a surgeon. I may be able to get their opinions on the effects of aluminium somewhat sooner.

reply to post by admriker444

Are any of you aware that the majority of doctors in the United States wont use chemotherapy for their personal cancerous tumors ? Even oncologists (cancer docs) know that chemo does nothing to the tumor. This was a major study done, pretty suprising results.

Although this seems a bit off-topic I feel the need to comment on the above statement. "A major study" (whichever it was - no reference was provided) does not prove anything. It is only as numerous related studies are collated, cross-referenced and reviewed that anything like consensus can be reached, never mind compelling evidence or proof.

It is actually potentially quite dangerous to throw out sweeping statements like this, admriker. There are countless numbers of people whose cancer has gone into remission following chemotherapy on the advice of their oncologist. I believe it is irresponsible scaremongering to claim that "oncologists know that chemo does nothing to a tumor". Perhaps there are particular physicians you know of who think this way, but your tendency to overgeneralize is breathtaking, and unjustified.

Sorry to sound so critical, but you are talking about the treatment of life-threatening diseases here, whereby ill-informed decisions could have tragic consequences.

[edit to correct typo]

[edit on 22/7/08 by pause4thought]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This thread goes nicely with mine. A thread called "Skin Absorbs".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I actually warn people about lotions, soaps, and even chemicals in water that are absorbed through the skin. However, not 1 star, not 1 flag.

I think either people are already zombies and they don't care. Or they just want to die.

Either way, I know I will be alive longer than most of you zombies.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Use Talcum Powder. Keeps you very dry and a nice smell

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
incoming prejudice comment:

ah ha! so this is why when i walk past middle-eastern or asian/muslim men running little stores in the middle of the hall in the mall, they always have that pungent body odor smell of a sweaty man, one who has been like playing football all day, then comes into a cold air conditioned place and lets all the sweat dry on; thats how they smell.

so someone told me it is "because they dont believe in hygeine to that level", "because they dont think its necessary like americans do to cover the scent, to them it is normal and attractive", and stuff like this right, and now i get it.

THEY know the anti-persperant will make them go insane from aluminum poisoning, right on! Now I'm never wearing deoderant again either! hehe.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
As someone who used to have really bad BO despite using countless deodorants, antiperspirants and dietary changes found one thing that works brilliantly.

I use white vinegar (lowish strength), or apple cider vinegar. I rub it into my armpits using a cotton ball. You reek of vinegar for a few minutes but it soon disappears, you still sweat but it doesn't tend to stink. Your mileage may vary I guess - also found bicarb of soda to work as well.

For the record I used to get regular lumps in my armpits as well as skin tags elsewhere (mentioning that as someone mentioned them earlier). Very interesting topic

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Ingesting Fluoride allows us to absorb much higher amounts of Aluminum. Water Supply, toothpaste,...etc.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

A friend of a friends father is a physics teacher, he refuses to drink any soda that is from an aliminium can because of all the aliminium you get from it, when I drink a can of coke I can actually taste the difference from a can and a bottle myself.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Ok, let me preface this by saying that I quit using antiperspirants back in 1993 when I first started hearing about some ill effects of using it. And to me, it just seemed, that if your body wants to sweat, you should let it.

That said, I haven't found evidence that convinces me that something bad really happens if you use it. But I figure, why take chances?

But, to play devil's advocate:

On average, most people take in approximately 30 to 50 milligrams per day of aluminum from food; those using over-the-counter medications such as antacids and buffered aspirins ingest larger amounts, roughly five grams a day. At that level, there is little evidence of harm, most experts say.

As for cancer:

The letter claims that inhibiting perspiration causes harmful substances to be trapped in the body where they form cancer. But sweat is mostly electrolytes and water, Gansler says, and sweating is not a significant mechanism for expelling unwanted compounds, more commonly eliminated in urine and feces. "It would be nice if as many people as [those who] forwarded the e-mail about antiperspirants, urged their friends and relatives to get a mammogram every year starting at age 40," he says. "We would have saved a lot more lives."

www.sciam.com...

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Jadette]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Great find. I am throwing my anti-perspirant away. I was even using Dove..thinking it was gentle. Wrong.

Thanks for the post. I am going over to my 84 year old mother's house and throw hers away too.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
Im sure there are folks here that will recognize this...

Most of you wouldn't associate antiperspirant as aNeurotoxin would you?

I made this thread to raise awareness about Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex, also aluminum, and its use in products.

External source: www.controlyourimpact.com...

We are continually exposed to aluminum due to its many uses. It is often used in cooking utensils, containers, appliances, and building materials. It is also used in paints and fireworks; to produce glass, rubber, and ceramics; and in consumer products such as antacids, astringents, buffered aspirin, food additives, and antiperspirants. [4] Another use for aluminum is in water purification, and it can therefore occur in your drinking water.

This gives you a slight idea of how large a scale we use Aluminum pruducts.

We inhale aluminum by breathing and ingest aluminum through our food and water. However, aluminum is poorly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract; roughly 0.1% of the dietary intake is absorbed.[5] Studies have show that high level exposure to aluminum affects the lungs, and causes neurological damage. However, this article will focus on aluminum absorption by the skin through the use of antiperspirants.

Starting to get scary? Here is more.....

a 2001 study showed that aluminum was still present in blood samples 15 days after one application of aluminum to the armpit.[7] Consequently, applying aluminum to the skin is a very effective way to get aluminum in your system, and in your brain.

I wonder what could happen to a person with too much aluminum in their brain?

Aluminum was first recognized as a human neurotoxin in 1886 [8], before being used as an antiperspirant.

Aluminum as a Neurotoxin: linked to Alzheimer and other neurological diseases....

Post-mortem analysis of Alzheimer’s infected brains has shown increased levels of aluminum compared to people that did not die from Alzheimer’s

Scary yet?

It has been well established that the accumulation of aluminum in the brain can cause neurological disorders [8][5][11][12][13][14][15]. To prevent aluminum accumulation, reduced use of aluminum is of crucial importance. Awareness of aluminum is the primary factor in preventing aluminum induced toxicity.[16]

Hence this thread!

Here is the scary part!

When using antiperspirants, one only applies very little aluminum to the skin. However, daily use results in chronic exposure to aluminum. One study has asserted that the use of aluminum based antiperspirants increases the risk of Alzheimer’s disease by 60%. [8]

Just great!!!!Well,to all the people reading this, it should be listed as the very first ingredient in your anti-perspirant if it has it at all.. i found mine (Degree Absolute Protection) not only has it, but warns it's only for exterior use only, now when added to the armpits, well, especially when wet, or getting wet from perspiring, well, then it travels right into your pores, and especially your lymph nodes, and your armpit, (if you didn't know) is like lymph node central, LOL, and when you put it directly intothem, it spreads throughout your whole body in just a matter of minutes, and get this, your lymph nodes are supposed to be the "waste ducts" of your body to carry toxins out of our bodies, and well, with us adding this directly to them, we are poisoning ourselves badly.. Thanks for the heads up, now I have to search for brands without it and will report if necessary.. Stop using This Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yikes

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
On the back of this Right Guard Sport Cool Invisible Solid (17.8% Aluminum Zirconium Pentachlorohydrex), under the heading of Warnings, it states "Ask a doctor before use if you have kidney disease".

So, what is it that 'may' be a problem for those with reduced kidney function,

www.viviforyou.com...

Antiperspirants contain aluminum will be required to carry a renal dysfunction warning due to risks associated with possible increased absorption of the ingredient, according to the OTC Antiperspirant Drug Products Final Monograph.

FDA "is concerned that people with renal dysfunction may not be aware that the daily use of antiperspirant drug products containing aluminum may put them at a higher risk because of exposure to aluminum in the products," the monograph notes. The rule is scheduled to appear in the June 9 Federal Register.

Assuming a person has normal renal function, "accumulation of aluminum resulting from unusual exposures to antiperspirant drug products (application to the underarms once or twice daily) and subsequent absorption is considered minimal", FDA points out.

I'm somewhat concerned by what the FDA's definition of 'minimal' might be for those of us with not-yet diseased kidneys.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kyle-2302

take a little bit of pure baking soda...

Sodium Bicarbonate

add a few drops of water... until you've got a runny paste.. done!

Apply to armpit... smell is gone, stays gone, lasts all day!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
uh they seem to have missed the point there.

aluminium IS neurotoxic, but the aluminium salts do not cross the brain-blood barrier.

the link between alzeimers and use of aluminium salts was made because some people have decreased brain-blood barrier.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Most of the posters here remind me of the mindless internet robots who forward unfounded, un-snoped urban legends in email or old hens who repeat incorrect information while gossiping to their friends or anyone else who will listen. How many here have done a scientific study tying aluminum to Alzheimer's? That's what I thought. What others do or say others do is hearsay, NOT evidence. Anyone ever hear of the U.S.F.D.A., a government agency that looks at chemicals in our food, drugs and cosmetics to
decide what is safe for the general public? While tending to over regulate somewhat, they err on the side of safety. In general, they have very competent scientists and do a great job. When the feds pull antiperspirants, it's time to be concerned.

As for you non-wearers of deodorant, stay a minimum of 50 feet away from me and downwind at all times. Free radicals never die; they just smell that way.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join