It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex And You!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hmm... follow the money:

(1) Aluminum Association, 900 19th St., NW, 20006 Washington, DC, USA

Abstract Aluminum is the third most abundant element in nature, accounting for nearly 8% of the Earth's crust. Because of its chemical activity, aluminum is not found naturally in its ldquofreerdquo, or metallic, state. However, in its ionic or combined forms, aluminum is a truly ubiquitous element.
Because of the widespread use of metallic aluminum in cooking and packaging applications, the Aluminum Association has funded critical reviews of the world's literature on the health effects of aluminum and aluminum compounds for the past 30 years.
More recently, an extensive research and literature surveillance effort was developed to provide information on the neurological implications of aluminum, dietary intakes and body balance, and analytical capabilities. Based on these efforts the following conclusions can presently be drawn: (1) the cause (or causes) of Alzheimer's disease is not known; (2) the biological significance of aluminum found in the brain is not understood; (3) aluminum is poorly absorbed by the body; and (4) the normal ingestion of aluminum from food and water should have no adverse effects on human health. [1]

Also, some interesting sidenotes:

...areas with high amounts of aluminium in the drinking water – probably due to water treatment – are showing an increase in the incidence of Alzheimer's disease.

Aluminium is also implicated in hyperactivity and learning disorders in children.

The manufacturer's safety data sheet states "no toxicological data available" for aluminium chlorohydrate itself, indicating that its safety has not been tested.

Propylene glycol appears as a major ingredient in many stick deodorants – including several 'natural' brands.... A published clinical review by the American Academy of Dermatology showed that propylene glycol causes a significant number of reactions and is a primary irritant to the skin even in low levels of concentration. [2]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
i have heard that older people who get alzhiemers also ingested higher levels of aluminum by the way of canned foods and soft drinks before they started to line the insides of cans with polymers....the only way to find out now is to wait 20 years and repeat the study.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Very interesting information. I tried using a 'hypo-allergenic' stick deodorant product a couple of years ago & had to give it up after a few uses as it was causing irritation & a rash. I went back to ordinary spray deo & have had no irritation since.

What I find concerning is the apparent 'we're not really sure about toxicity'-type data. Where there's big money involved you can't help suspecting a whitewash. Moreover research funded by the Aluminum Association sounds about as confidence-building as research into global warming funded by Mobil-Exxon...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Though this definately isn't new news, it's nice to see it getting out there.
Personally, I agree with all the posters saying this should be banned. This is the reason that I stopped drinking anything from a can and have bought deodorant/anti-perspirent free of this substance(s) for some time now. It's just as prolific as lead used to be in our society and we need to get rid of it as a base and ingredient in everything possible. Thanks, ya damnalien, lol. *Star*

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It's population management. Most of this takes a good bit of chronic exposure to manifest.
I hate deodorant. I really hate antiperspirant.

Basically, if the other big primates don't apply it, ingest it, etc. it's probably bad for you.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I guess the good new is, with all this in our bodies... we won't need our aluminum beanies...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Wow!!!

What an explosion of replies!

Even made the top flagged list!

Well done people!

I am still reading all the replies, I will be back to comment in about an hour

Thanks for the concerns people, im very happy people are taking this seriously!

Also to note:

Just looked at my mouthwash and toothpaste, both have sodium fluoride!

Looks like a slow death for me

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by djerwulfe

Basically, if the other big primates don't apply it, ingest it, etc. it's probably bad for you.

That's it, then. No more sun-cream, no more fish.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

I saw picture of an orangutan spear-fishing on bbc. He gave up though used his spear to pull in a fishing lines and eat those fish.

He didn't appear to be wearing deodorant or antiperspirant.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

OK, so fish must be OK. Now I'm worried about ice-cream.

(Don't tell me you saw the one with a mountain gorilla purposefully splitting sugar cane over it's mother's teats?)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It makes me laugh how people are so niece. Why do you think they test these products on animals? they are not rubbing deodorant on the animal they are concentrating the chemicals they put in the stuff injecting the animal and see what happens... than shrink the dose of the deadly concoction until it's small enough to not kill you right out but just poison you slowly.
Great the read your a new favorite...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Great topic, I was exposed to this truth last summer and ever since I've had a pissed off demeanor
. However the only change I've made is switching to ivory soap. (lack of resourses and family support has hindered my transition) I just want to expand upon the fact that toothpaste is not safe for children under the age of 6, why? A mouthful of this stuff is will change your child forever. It will completey fry their little brains changing their personal for the worst. So why after the age of 6 are we still allowed to use it? Just goes to show that these fat cat corporations are only doing things on behalf of the shareholders. They are responsible for making profit, which means more chemicals to enhance appeal to create demand and not providing something healthy. ba$tard$.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
great thread, question, is there also a risk from aluminium cans, ie pepsi, coke etc? does anyone know if there has been any work done on it?
S & F for not turning me into a mad cow.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I stopped using anti-perspirants years ago when I noticed I was starting to smell like aluminum. I couldn't figure it out at first but when I ran out of ap, i picked up a deodorant by mistake and the smell went away. That's when I started reading the labels and never buy anything with aluminum in it (that I need to rub/apply/spray onto my body).

Nice post.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Check your cosmetics for parabens too, they seem to be related to breast cancer and disfunctions of the male reproductive system. Damn, the stuff they put in our "gentle" cosmetics...

parabens

Also you should be careful with the house cleaning products you use. They're bad for both your health and the environment. Don't trust the commercials, most of your house you can clean and disinfect with just vinegar and baking soda.

non-toxic home care

Edit to say sorry if i sound too much like a hippie

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Wallachian]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The report, published in the Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, goes on: “We have confirmed the presence of aluminium in breast tissue and its possible regional distribution within the breast. Higher content of aluminium in the outer breast might be explained by this region’s closer proximity to the underarm where the highest density of application of antiperspirant could be assumed. There is evidence that skin is permeable to aluminium when applied as antiperspirant.
Full Study Here

Basically what this study says, it was done last Sept., is that in EVERY SAMPLE of cancerous breast tissue they researched they found ALUMINUM and it tended to be gathered in the outer regions of the breast towards the underarm. They cannot prove that anti-perpsirant was the casue, but hey can prove that every sample they looked at contained the Aluminum salts used in anti-p's.

The terrible part is that I have had v. little success when I try to convince older women of this.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I remember when we briefly looked at Medieval medicine at Uni, one of the things that they did back then was if they had someone who couldn't ingest medicine orally they would bind the herbs into the person's armpit - cause apparently it's the most absorbant area of the body's surface. Substances placed in the armpit get absorbed straight into the bloodstream.

I also recall when I had my first baby, I got told as I guess everyone did, that if you're gonna breastfeed you do not use any underarm deodorants or antiperspirants because that stuff ends up in the breast tissue and taints the milk.

I stopped using regular deodorants / antiperspirants years ago - if I need one, I use a natural product from the health food store.

Link to a story I read last year on research into the link between antiperspirants and breast cancer:
Breast cancer 'linked to use of deodorants'

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I found out about this years ago and always wondered why it wasn't public knowledge. I switched to deodorant, but still kept some anti-perspirant around for occasions. In recent years I've been lazy (and forgetful) about it and using the anti-perspirant more regularly, and voila! been needing it a lot more, too! In fact, I sweat SO MUCH, SO QUICKLY that I've had to keep trying new anti-perspirants with higher and higher AZT GLY to contain the sweat!

Now I'm up to the newly released "prescription-level" protection: 20%. The label tells me to apply at night so that my body can absorb and acclimate the chemicals better. And guess what? it worked eerily well at first (totally weird to feel NO moisture on my underarm on a super hot day) and now I'm sweating right through it again!

I'm not too worried about switching back b/c obviously I can't stop the sweat anyway. (In fact this thread has given me hope that I will sweat less once I get off that crap.) I'm kinda lucky that my natural BO is not offensive. People are always telling me I smell good and asking me about my perfume (I don't wear any) - even back when I was a smoker!

For deodorant I use Tom's Huneysuckle Rose. I really don't think it's hard to find one w/o Al, but they all have propylene glycol. I saw the link claiming that propylene glycol is bad, too, but the wiki page just said it can be a mild skin irritant. If it doesn't bother my skin, so is there further reason to suspect it? I tried the crystal once, years ago, but I didn't really think it worked. Maybe I'll try again.

Carrot- Sensydine definitely makes your teeth dependant. My dentist warned me about it, and recommended the Crest kind instead. What kind of natural tp did you switch to? I DO have sensitive teeth and am nervous about switching. Here I have been so happy about having well water (which is probably tainted from chemtrails anyway) but have not bothered to eliminate Fl from my daily routine!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

This is why I use Speed Stick Deoderant.

1. It's not an anti-perspirant (why would you want to stop your body from perspiring? The problem is the smell mostly, so let's neutralize that, instead of stopping a biological process we know very little about)

2. There is no Aluminum in it at all!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ok I'm back with more information....

I read all the replies and instead of posting replies to all. I will use this post space to tie in all the concerns people had in their replies, and clear up some confusion regarding metallic aluminum.

This thread was originally was intended to inform people on the dangers of AZT, but turns out metallic aluminum is very toxic as well. This is scary people......

Aluminum toxicity has been recognized in many settings where exposure is heavy or prolonged, where renal function is limited, or where apreviously accumulated bone burden is released in stress or illness. Toxicity may include: encephalopathy (stuttering, gait disturbance, myoclonic jerks, seizures, coma, abnormal EEG) osteomalacia or aplastic bone disease ( associated with painful spontaneous fractures, hypercalcemia, tumorous calcinosis ) proximal myopathy, increased risk of infection, increased left ventricular mass and decreased myocardial function microcytic anemia with very high levels, sudden death.

Read this for more information on toxicity levels of aluminum. I must warn you, the information contained in that site is disturbing.

Ok

On to another point Daeoeste pointed out (Thanks for doing so!)

How on earth did all the old people today get Alzheimers?

Canned foods? Soda pop? What product or viaduct were the masses directly exposed to aluminum? If anyone could shed some light on this that would be appreciated....

Also wanted to clear up some concerns regarding simply touching aluminum. Yes, it is dangerous to touch aluminum with out gloves! Be extra careful when purchasing products made out of aluminum, as they do not come with warning lables! Most people dont associate a metal being poisonous, yet simple touching exposed aluminum is hazardous to your health!

You must remember this simple fact! Aluminum in its metallic form is MAN MADE and does not form naturally!

Also wanted to point out the number of replies regarding lumps under the skin, lymph node swelling, and skin irritation when applying antiperspirants contiaining this toxin!

Just a quick list of all the covered material containing aluminum, fluoride, and other potentially deadly toxins:

Self tanning lotions
Soap
Shampoo
Conditioner
Deodorant
Toothpaste
Mouthwash
Tap water
Buffered Aspirin
Antacids

If anyone has another list to add feel free to do so....
Here is a list of deadly toxins found in household products!
That link is also terrifying and only should be read by those who can handle the shock of how poisoned you really are......

On to the replies.......

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join