It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex And You!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Also wanted to clear up some concerns regarding simply touching aluminum. Yes, it is dangerous to touch aluminum with out gloves! Be extra careful when purchasing products made out of aluminum, as they do not come with warning lables! Most people dont associate a metal being poisonous, yet simple touching exposed aluminum is hazardous to your health!

So what about aluminium foil? We wrap food in it for the fridge, the oven & the picnic.

The plot thickens...

[edit:]

You also said aluminium in its metallic form doesn't form naturally - it is man-made. I don't get this - it's an element in the periodic table:

...pure aluminium is a silvery-white metal with many desirable characteristics. It is light, nontoxic (as the metal), nonmagnetic and nonsparking. It is somewhat decorative. It is easily formed, machined, and cast. Pure aluminium is soft and lacks strength, but alloys with small amounts of copper, magnesium, silicon, manganese, and other elements have very useful properties. Aluminium is an abundant element in the earth's crust, but it is not found free in nature. The Bayer process is used to refine aluminium from bauxite, an aluminium ore.

Also - interesting what this says about toxicity. This thread is going to run and run.

[edit on 22/7/08 by pause4thought]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I looked up the original press release issued by Keele University that did the study linking antiperspirant to breast cancer. It also had the following to say:

The major constituent of antiperspirant is aluminium salts which have long been associated with cancer, as well as other human disease.

Just exactly HOW long, I wonder?

Aluminium is a metalloestrogen, it is genotoxic, is bound by DNA

That sounds to me like it also messes up our genes and reproduction..

Keele University Press Release

I also found this news report about a study by Northwester University, Illinois, back in 2004:

'Underarm shaving linked to cancer"

[edit on 22-7-2008 by skjalddis]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Wow. thanks. I use Right Guard

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
GhostR1der Page 3:

Deodorant is a pesticide? Can we get your dad to chime in? That would be terrific! I would really appreciate his input on the matter at hand...Just hand him the keyboard
"Dad, your knowledge is needed for the greater good!"

admriker444 Page 3:

Excellent points!

Also, if we could get your wife to type out some of her thoughts, it would be greatly appreciated! Just more evidence to damn using products made by "The Man".

TruthTellist Page 4:
"Applying aluminum or other toxic elements directly onto highly active glands is a great way to get the poison into one's bloodstream."

I dont know why you have so many warns attached to your name as your statements reflect intelligence.

Excellent Point!

pause4thought Page 4:

Excellent thinking! I cant wait to read his responses! Well done!

Excellent people! Thanks to everyone for adding quality to my thread!

[edit on 22-7-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
So what about aluminium foil? We wrap food in it for the fridge, the oven & the picnic.

You also said aluminium in its metallic form doesn't form naturally - it is man-made. I don't get this - it's an element in the periodic table:

Yes!

Its made out of poison basically! Everyone has this in their house and doesn't know its hazardous to your health!

The element aluminum is in its ionic state, when we use it its in its toxic metallic state!

Scary

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
@ pause4thought: An element does not neccessarily have to be found on Earth in its pure form to be in the periodic table - just a look at all the ridiculously heavy lanthanides and actinides down the bottom that only survive for nanoseconds due to the instability of their mass will confirm that.

As for aluminium, it should indeed never be mixed with the human body to any extent more than that neccessary - much like low concentration sarin, really.
(By the way, I have to stand by the post a few pages back about the active ingredient in some being aluminium chlorohydrate - a nosey in our bathroom confirms we have mostly that)

However, that doesn't mean its not an extremely useful chemical. As a reactive but reasonably abundant metal, it has a variety of important uses from active metal fuel reactions like the thermite reaction to lightweight structure creation and is (as can be confirmed by the same wikipedia article quoted in the thread's first post) 'the most widely used non-ferrous metal'.

People shouldnt use it in deodorants or food preparation, agreed - but it's not "evil", and i'm not buying the conspiracies out there.

When lead was in everything from piping to makeup, was it a conspiracy to very slowly kill the rich folk who could afford the most excesses of the time? I doubt it. Why therefore must today's governments be actively using metals with degenerative properties to promote illness within the populace?

Failed evil genius plan #56: "I shall rise to power legitimately, and then spray the skies of the land and the skins of my people with aluminium compounds - thus rendering my minions rife with slow mental function decay and skin troubles! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Still though *antiperspirant in bin* thanks OP

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ScriptKiddie

Excellent reply!

Thanks for sharing your knowledgeable thoughts!

Your input is appreciated

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Wow this really freaks me out. When I read the post about skin tags I was shocked as I have noticed over the last year that I'm getting skin tages in my arm pits and the tags are only in the places I rub my anti-persperant which of course has the active ingrediant of 18% AZT. Not to mention my memory has beend getting slower for the last for years I still remember things its just work to bring it to the surface any more. and at 46 I think it a bit early to be getting "forgetful."

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
Here is a list of deadly toxins found in household products!
That link is also terrifying and only should be read by those who can handle the shock of how poisoned you really are......

On to the replies.......

Link isn't working?

Quite scary that I pretty much use all the products you posted on a daily basis

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 010101

Someone is paying attention!

Sorry about that man!

Here is the link

www.purezing.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I am very interested in this subject. Great thread, thank you for posting!

I have spent a lot of time researching the safety of personal care, household, and cosmetic products. As a mother, I've taken it on as a responsibility, ensuring that I am doing whatever I can to keep my kids safe from harmful and potentially deadly ingredients.

Having said that, I still must admit I was shocked to learn, a few years ago, that the FDA nor the EPA do anything to regulate these industries. They require no premarket testing, no warning labels, and no ingredients listings on products even when they contain known carcinogens, etc.

Here's an article that talks about the FDA and how they see their role:

"The [Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act] contains no provision that requires demonstration to FDA of the safety of ingredients of cosmetic products... prior to marketing the product."

article

The United States lags behind Europe when it comes to informing/protecting consumers. In the European Union, for example, they have laws that require product testing and warning labels, as well as an ingredients list. I've seen products that have the skull and crossbones "poison" warning. While they still have a ways to go as well, they have definitely left the US in the dust.

requiring that industry demonstrate that a chemical is safe before using it in consumer products such as cosmetics, food packaging, water bottles, and durable goods. This approach, sometimes called “the precautionary principle,” is in stark contrast to the approach in the United States, where a chemical is considered “innocent until proven carcinogenic.”*

article

This subject really fascinates me. It's really an issue that brings consumerism, capitalism, personal responsibility versus government protection, and social responsibility to a crossroads. I look forward to a continued discussion on this subject.

For those of you that are interested, there is a database with over 25,000 products and compares them against 50 definitive toxicity and regulatory databases.

database

And yes, your speed sticks, toothpaste, and baby shampoo are all in there. Take a look.....I look forward to hearing what you all think.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kaffemoka

Excellent reply!

My question to you is.....Do you have any safe products to recommend?

Thanks for your reply!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ScriptKiddie & IADA

Nice responses to my head-scratching. I'm more of a biologist than a straight chemist, as you can see.

SK: I know where you're coming from. I suppose a lot of people just can't help wondering - when 'they' are so keen to put fluoride in the water supply. (The more you read about that, the more you wonder...)

Any authoritative voices with respect to the use of alu foil with food?

Key Fact:

Moving on, here's a safe, nay essential use of foil. A MUST read:

en.wikipedia.org...

The above linked page discusses

...tin foil hats and similar devices... [that] ...prevent the government, paranormal beings, or aliens from reading and/or controlling [your] mind.

Is there anyone else out there who's been ignorantly trying to manage without one? This has got me really worried.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

You know you raise a good point and I thought of this earlier but you reminded of it.....

The tin foil hat that keeps you safe are now considered hazardous to your health.

We can't even deflect the mind controlling devices!

What are we to do?

Would it be easier to make a list of things that aren't deadly?

Seems to me that the list of nature intended products is quite small indeed!

[edit on 22-7-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Well, there are a lot of products out there that don't use the harmful ingredients.

unfortunately, this subject makes the evening news every so often and the generic response is "if you can't pronounce it, it's probably not safe", which is not necessarily true. Here's an example: potassium binoxalate, is just lemon salt. Here's another: impure dilute acetic acid, is vinegar.

Now the smart people of ATS can probably pronounce those chemical names, however, that's the basic scare tactic that gets used.

Let's face it, we can drive ourselves crazy trying to find the safest products.

Resources like the database I mentioned can be very helpful. Across the top, they list product categories. If you click on any one of them, a list of the safest products come up. The ones with a score of "0" are the safest. You'll notice, any product you click on, there is a ton of info about every ingredient. Additionally, they now have a feature where you can buy it through Amazon, if available.

I also try to get a lot from Whole Foods. They have the following company standard:

Whole Foods Market's Quality Standards team maintains an extensive list of unacceptable ingredients. However, creating a product with no unacceptable ingredients does not guarantee that Whole Foods Market will sell it. Our buyers are passionate about seeking out the freshest, most healthful, minimally processed products available.

While you still have to a diligent consumer, it helps to shop somewhere that is looking out for you at some level.

I have found some great products at other stores too. Most stores now carry the brand "Method" which I really like for household cleaning.

Method website

Seventh Generation is another good brand. They actually list their full ingredients list on the back of the bottle.

Seventh Generation website

Both of these companies are committed to providing safe, environmentally responsible products.

Since "organic" has become mainstream, you can find them more places. I can buy organic make up for prices similar to conventional brands.

My suggestion would be to replace one thing at a time, as you run out of something. Eventually, you will have replaced everything. This has been easier on my husband, who is "old-school"
, than if I had just thrown everything out at once.

Hope that info helps!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Star and Flag for you. A great topic to discuss. I have heard of this years ago. I started using baby powder under my arms and it works great. I live in Hawaii and i cant find a deodorant that doesnt have it in it. I'm surprised this isnt in the Media more.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Maybe the Amish were on to something when they split.

(You know what they say - many a true word...)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
Maybe the Amish were on to something when they split.

(You know what they say - many a true word...)

Got that right!

Imagine how healthy they are compared to the rest of us!

Amazing!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

I'm afraid i'm not too hot on that front, but as aluminium in its foil form is in its solid metallic state, i would imagine that the bonding forces in the shared-electron lattice would keep most of the aluminium nuclei in the foil and out of the food. Although its a reactive metal, i can't think of any chemical processes between it and organic molecules like glucose or starch in food with low enough acivation energies to happen at room temperature - so it would seem pretty safe so long as you didn start actively eating large quantities of the foil (especially as the gut absorbs such a low percentage).

However, i notice that our foil - and many others around here in the UK - is marketed as "kitchen foil" rather than straight aluminium.

As a 'container' of sorts rather than a foodstuff, no list of 'ingredients' is supplied - but i can't help wondering if there are likely to be other added materials included that may have some effect...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScriptKiddie
so it would seem pretty safe so long as you didn start actively eating large quantities of the foil (especially as the gut absorbs such a low percentage).

That is of course if your are fluoride free

I wouldn't doubt if they add stuff to the foil to become more interactive with a plethora of products and foods.....

Remember "they" WANT to kill us!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join