It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September of '08 -- Just Listen.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Don't defend. Those who wish to listen, will... Those who bask in their own ignorance will move on to someone else to berate to make themselves feel better.

Thank you for all of the time and energy you have given. This is all very new and interesting. There is much research to do...

Thanks again...

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is totally stupid. You create a graph on a computer screen, match up a few events in the news with the low points, and this is supposed to be proof of something? I'm sure something bad will happen to somebody in September 2008.

Jon Benet Ramsey? Outside of the Ramsey family, I don't think it's an event of global importance.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I too played with the Java 'calculator' and I think it's a load of crap.

You can make all kinds of waveforms or pictures or symbols and manipulate them to 'fit' your version of reality.

If you draw a 'timewave' and it has peaks and valleys, then go back and look at what happened on that day you can claim anything. What about all the significant events that aren't accounted for? War, earthquakes, banking collapses, etc?

The only way to 'prove' novelty theory is to make a prediction and stick with it. When something happens then you can say, "I told you so!"

But, just like all the other predictions that have been posted here it won't come true.

Surely you have to accept that if the future can be 'predicted' then it can be 'manipulated' as well.

Anyway, that's what I think. Psuedo-science hoooey.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well I had a dream last night. The government started openly (as in it was on the news, being reported) arresting people who spoke against them. There were soldiers everywhere; pretty much martial law in full, nationwide.

Think about it, if the market crashes, if one little incident happens, Bush can call national emergency, martial law takes full affect.

Just my idea of what's gonna happen.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

Ah #ing #! What a load of #e mate. I mean, come off it already! How old are you lad, 13.

You're graph sure is pretty though!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

but the point is precisely NOT manipulation....the graph is not 'drawn'....its produced by a software program based on the timewave theory that has been explained more than several times on this thread and elsewhere...its not meant to predict specific events but a different way of envisioning time and the tendancy of nature (and our culture within that matrix) to ebb & flow but always towards greater complexity and "novelty" .....I honestly don't care if we only see the bigger picture in hindsight instead of being able to say "the prediction came true"- the only "prediction" being made is that culture is accelerating and novelty may occur at a certain point - I would encourage you to check out Ray Kurzweil's theory on the acceleration of culture....hindsight is fine by me - its why I enjoy history, puzzles, scientific exploration, and just exploration in general....I prefer my mind not to snap shut like my granny's coin purse before I fully understand what is being offered for examination...

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

that is a grossly misleading statement that events do not happen by chance when in fact quantum theory plainly states that everything is based on chance and the roll of the quantum dice resulting in quantum fluctuations effecting not only matter but time itself everything is completely random including you and i and our "reality"

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I don't think anything will happen, but still, there's something odd about September...

Perhaps this will be when the economic collapse starts to accelerate faster...but then again, maybe not.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I met Terrance first in Bif Sur in 1973 and again when I was visiting the Islands in 1997, he was no "Nut Job" but was always far too much of a optimistic humanist for my cut of cloth, as I am not a fan of man and he was. I also knew Tim Leary and Dr. Richard Alpert who later became Baba Ram Das; I could list many famous people I have know including LBJ and Fredrick (Fritz) Pearl a student of Freud who wrote amongst other things "Gestalt Therapy Verbatim and Lucille Ball who once told me that A"If You Want To Get Something Done, Give It To A Busy Person". My list of dead friends in very long, a list of dead people and when I go to make a list of interesting and outstanding human beings that are alive, the list is very very short. Sure, Art Bell is interesting but he turned tail and ran when the CIA put the screws to him and yes Shawn Connery and O'Toole are still alive but are like me, waiting for the last days.

I mention all of these for a number of reasons. Yes, I miss these men, miss Terrance's simple sweetness, Lucy's hardball toughness, LBJ's Texan Personna...these and others were outstanding humans but, what is sad, most sad is that when I look around the world I find myself surrounded by "Bugs"..take a look in the mirror and look deep and you will know if you are one of them.

T.M's Timeline Wave and Novelty Theory and use of the Book Of Changes (I Ching) were strokes of genius and insight but unlike him, I have little faith in mankind, I believe this planet is ready for a serious house cleaning and that Mankind Knows It and is playing its role in helping make it happen. We have elected liars, cheats and thieves, put actors who have sold their souls for their carreers become of world of corrupted, immoral, fat, lazy bugs. I will fight but only because I am a father whois compelled to do so for my children's sake...to "Play The Hand I Have Been Dealt" as Art said but here on ATS I vent quietly my loathing and contempt for you and how much I wish the worst to be all true and to begin soon, because out of the ashes, maybe a clean-brighter world will emerge.

I get Censored a lot, withdrew from active membership because I could not veil my contempt or apologize for it and there is no way I am going to give the time of day to some "Hall Monitor" who has less character and life experience than a pair of my socks but, I am still here and my words are nothing compared to my deeds, so do as you like..Ya Dweebs, it will change nothing or save anyone.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
but how can we be prepared for it when we dont know what we need to be preparing for?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TornPages
but how can we be prepared for it when we dont know what we need to be preparing for?

bless your heart
be observant and just relax - and remember the words of the Joker - "What doesn't kill you just makes you -

stranger....

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Rather than seeing what historical data can be forced to comply with these graphs, the historical data that is significant should be plotted by itself, then see if the two have any correlation to one another.

It is my opinion that any trend towards novelty is deceiving as the major inventions that have caused our lives to change away from traditional living and thinking (electricity, television, the personal computer etc.) have gradually invaded our lives - they have no climatic point of infusion.
So the only things can be reasonably plotted are global events that occur within a snap time frame.
This leaves a relatively small area of history to play with, as prior to the modern era events were never truly globally instantaneous, 'novelty' crept around the globe, taking months or even years to affect the lives of humanity.

All of this means that there probably isn't enough data to prove or disprove any kind of trend or cycle within the time frame given, much less to suggest that this cycle might have some kind of predictive quality.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
People seem to repeatedly get caught-up in the 'event prediction' quagmire. This shows a complete refusal to even try and understand the concepts behind timewave. It doesn't predict 'events'. It represents the change in trends either toward 'novelty' or 'business-as-usual'. And again, important overt 'events' are less important than the behind-the-scenes things that put them in motion to begin with.

If quantum theory says everything is random (chaos) then why don't all living things and cosmic bodies develop randomly? Why do they clearly follow fractal evolutions?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I think you are exactly right - the time wave is NOT about predicting events, but about predicting trends. Now my question is this - are we to assume (I know that assumptions are not good, but sometimes necessary) that an upward trend is towards "good" novelty and downward to "bad" novelty? And consequently to "good" or "bad" times? Or is novelty actually neutral and the upward or downward trend merely the results of local or world reaction to the novelty? I think that there can be a lot of debate about what exactly is novel and what is not.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
No. As the OP has pointed out there is no necessarily 'good' or 'bad' in the timewave. Think of it more like 'status quo' and 'change'. As the curve moves upward it represents increasing status quo or 'normalcy' (whether that normalcy is positive or negative --- makes no difference --- just that things move along with 'more of the same' more or less). As the curve moves downward that indicates a change from normalcy. Now that change could be positive change or negative change. The steeper the curve tyhe more dramatic the change. I'm over-simplifying but you get the idea.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I find this fascinating. Forgive me if it has been brought up before, or if I'm way off base, as I'm fairly new to the subject, but is there any correlation between your theory and the theory of the rhythms of earth? That is, the electromagnetic vibrations that are generated by the earth at specific frequencies?

Also, I have recently begun to study a bit about the newer theories of ascension, and one thing that continually comes up in my studies are specific ripple(vibration) patterns that are continually repeated in nature, from water ripples to sound waves to air. They are often looked at as holding more meaning than just geometry ("sacred geometry" so to speak). Have you studies this and does it have anything to do with you theories?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

"All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again"

So say we all.

It's true, everything in nature has a cycle, or "season" that repeats itself.

Look down at the microscopic world, then above at the cosmic wonders in the sky.

People used to think "space" was just a term for a place to put things. Einstein proved that space has specific properties--it can (in the presence of gravity) bend light waves.

Time, like space also has properties. The I Ching (which this wave was derived from) is a sort of "periodic table of temporal elements"

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Thanks for the clarification. But this now raises another question in my mind - If we propose that normalcy can be either positive or negative and change can be either positive or negative (positive being desirable, negative being undesirable?), then it seems that all we are doing is predicting that SOMETHING will happen in Sept.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join