It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September of '08 -- Just Listen.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
jesus will return in 2012 and throw gum drops at everyone.Anyway im a fan of terrence and alot of his philosophies....but time wave zero is really just nonsense..

And time wave zero is based on chinese i ching....go figure

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Lethil]

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

Study the I Ching a bit before you dismiss it so easily...

I think you'd be surprised. It is *not* an oracle like Tarot -- it's more of a "gym coach" giving you the answers you already had inside you.

Carl Jung -- found this system interesting. Jung was about as important to modern psychology as Freud, BTW -- and still taught in colleges of psychology world-wide to this day.

He had this to say about the I Ching:

The ancient Chinese mind contemplates the cosmos in a way comparable to that of the modern physicist, who cannot deny that his model of the world is a decidedly psychophysical structure. The microphysical event includes the observer just as much as the reality underlying the I Ching comprises subjective, i.e., psychic conditions in the totality of the momentary situation. Just as causality describes the sequence of events, so synchronicity to the Chinese mind deals with the coincidence of events. The causal point of view tells us a dramatic story about how D came into existence: it took its origin from C, which existed before D, and C in its turn had a father, B, etc. The synchronistic view on the other hand tries to produce an equally meaningful picture of coincidence. How does it happen that A', B', C', D', etc., appear all in the same moment and in the same place? It happens in the first place because the physical events A' and B' are of the same quality as the psychic events C' and D', and further because all are the exponents of one and the same momentary situation. The situation is assumed to represent a legible or understandable picture.

His main "argument" can be found here:

Now the sixty-four hexagrams of the I Ching are the instrument by which the meaning of sixty-four different yet typical situations can be determined. These interpretations are equivalent to causal explanations. Causal connection is statistically necessary and can therefore be subjected to experiment. Inasmuch as situations are unique and cannot be repeated, experimenting with synchronicity seems to be impossible under ordinary conditions.[3] In the I Ching, the only criterion of the validity of synchronicity is the observer's opinion that the text of the hexagram amounts to a true rendering of his psychic condition. It is assumed that the fall of the coins or the result of the division of the bundle of yarrow stalks is what it necessarily must be in a given "situation," inasmuch as anything happening in that moment belongs to it as an indispensable part of the picture. If a handful of matches is thrown to the floor, they form the pattern characteristic of that moment. But such an obvious truth as this reveals its meaningful nature only if it is possible to read the pattern and to verify its interpretation, partly by the observer's knowledge of the subjective and objective situation, partly by the character of subsequent events. It is obviously not a procedure that appeals to a critical mind used to experimental verification of facts or to factual evidence. But for someone who likes to look at the world at the angle from which ancient China saw it, the I Ching may have some attraction.

SOURCE

[edit on 2-8-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil
jesus will return in 2012 and throw gum drops at everyone.

That would be sweet! Literally...

I think Jesus would like gum drops, but I think he'd rather eat them that waste throwing them at us.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yes...but I ching is more of a philosopy than a testable repeatable maths equation...So how can that work?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Jung was much more influential and dynamic to the field of psychology than Freud, in my opinion. I quite like this thread as it mentions 3/3 of my personal all time favorite people in the world (3/3 being my avatar and name :p). I'm a huge fan of Jung and the late Terence McKenna (his brother as well). I'm also bothered by how little Jung is discussed in modern psychological programs at universities. I've graduated with a psychology major and a biology minor, and i've never heard a word of Jung's theories from my formal classes. He is vastly overlooked in modern psychology because of the near monopoly of behaviorism , which tells us near nothing of the human psyche.

I'm glad too see a thread like this on ATS, however i'm wondering which of the 'waves' did you use for your analysis? There were 3-4 waves as far as i know, with one being more mathmaticly sound, it was a revision of the original wave.

The ideas that Terence bring up are not easily understood. I discovered him over two years ago, and am still trying to digest the full plater that he has brought to the intellectual table. I personally believe that Terence and his brother, Denis, were on to something very important. I partially blame institutions like modern psychology for not utilizing more research with their most powerful tools, plant hallucinogens. After all, they were the catalyst for the majority of Terence's revolutionary ideas. I think we should inspect these things much more closely than has been done.

I could go on, but i think that's enough for being semi-off topic.

Good thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I believe Jung was ,but Jung didn't have Eddie Bernays as a Nephew.

I do not find the logic in his time wave theory,I am not saying it can't be proven one day ,but I don't see the logic.

If you want to find dates of events in the future you might be better served with the Zodiac,Talmud,and sacred numbers of the universe.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by solo1]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blacknapkins

Indeed, C.J. is vastly overlooked.

Before I decided I needed "life-experience" and time to "grow on my own" and left college (in my 3rd year) -- I was working on a Psych minor and a History major.

The wave I am looking at/using is the revised Sheliak one. According to Terence, the one that was the most "mathematically sound". I'm using the final version of TWZ software -- before it was altered and turned into "Fractal Time" -- using the same equations....I just happen to like the all black/white colors better personally (i own both) LOL. Both graphs show the exact same wave.

The free software I have linked to a page or so back is the same (abet not as colorful or as "pretty") -- as the stuff being SOLD.

How this guy was able to use the formulas and stuff and pull this off w/out Dennis not objecting is beyond me.

I am right now, actually, going through my second reading of "The Invisible Landscape" (1994 edition) by T. McKenna. It's a heavy book, dealing with electron-spin resonance and the Intercalation of drug molecules into DNA...

I've had organic chemist friends of mine examine his figures, theories -- and say, "well on paper they work...but no sane researcher is going to ask for funding for this kind of work...it would be tantamount to career-suicide."

[edit on 6-8-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil
Yes...but I ching is more of a philosopy than a testable repeatable maths equation...So how can that work?

Philosophy -- yes...but more importantly, a form of ancient PSYCHOLOGY.

There are 64 "elements of change" we "experience" -- experiences themselves cannot be quantified via numbers.

The I-Ching is NOT some kind of magic 8-ball. Recently, after a year or so hiatus from doing weekly readings of the I Ching with my Yarrow -- I went through my log.

I was astounded at the insights it had given me.

Keep in mind, at the time I wrote down the quotes for each hexagram I was given, along with the initial question I posed before spending the 30 min. or so required to count/reduce the stalks.

At the time of the reading, I had no fore-sight what was to actually pass.

A year later, looking at the results sent chills down my body. Looking back on what transpired was a near match for over 10 readings I took over the course of 3 months. I never followed any of their advice, and now I wish I would have.

You already have the answers you seek within your subconscious -- this is a tenet that Carl Jung believed in. The reason the I Ching works is because you convince yourself and place power into a "mystical" seemingly-random set of numbers-----but all the while your subconscious guides you to the answer you need.

Spending 30 min or more to arrive at said answer, whilst the entire time pondering it only clarifies the answer your subconscious will give you. Having to count, reduce and repeat over and over gives you the 6-lined hexagram.

Tarot vs. I Ching:

The Tarot is like some creepy mysterious gypsy giving you vauge depictions of the future based on a very crude/rudimentary set of archetypes.

The I Ching, is like your football coach -- not telling you direct answers (yes vs. no) but helping you by pointing out very distinct motifs; and clarifying in a much higher-degree the "elements of change" that surround a situation.

Please do some research into the I Ching . That is an introduction by the late and great psychologist who, in my book is as well-known to Psychiatrists and Psychologists as Freud. (we DID learn about him in my psych classes....?)

Archetypes. Get to know that word, learn it's meaning.

The I Ching is 64 archetypes of temporal change.

Why the King Wen sequence is used, and is interesting is because of the artificial nature it appears to be in. It also happens to be the OLDEST known arrangement of the 64-archetypal-elements of time.

Gosh, I wish you all had free-access to the book I'm reading right now. The "Invisible Landscape" details all of this and more. I am blessed that a friend returned it to me so I could use it to help me in this thread!

[edit on 6-8-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Here's another link to the software I used to create this wave.

If anyone wants to use it -- feel free. *shrug*

This isn't a "fortune-telling" device. It's a "trend-telling" device.

Keep that in mind.

I anxiously await the end of August and the first week of September.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I know...I know..im quoting from another thread here: this one

Originally posted by Maya432
here`s just one of many many examples of the amazing wonders
of 432....
www.youtube.com...

What you are seeing is a speaker mounted to the bottum of a steel
plate and then sand is poured on it while a note is produced to make the plate vibrate and the note is constantly raising in pitch ...ok?

now when you see a perfect shape and if you were to find out
excactly what that note was that is causing that perfect geometic
shape? then you would find out (which is what I did)
that this note (or notes) are all based on the resonant frequency of
a-432 which is a bit lower than 440 but for guitarist its not
a fret down(it would be like kinda half way down....almost)

hence once again we have been lied to and manipulated by the NWO..
you gotta give them credit I guess....they shure know how to *&%^
us at every turn...
-Music is Magic
-Bobby

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Maya432]

I found this video fascinating, as it re-affirms T. McKenna's theory that sound is also fractal in nature similar to time. The patterns as the frequency increases become more and more complex -- similar to how novelty is becoming more and more complex right now.

In a nutshell, the same thing is happening with time right now. It's "frequency" or vibratory-rate is increasing, leading to ever higher levels of complexity -- AKA "novelty"

I just saw this and had to incorporate it into my "magnum opus" of threads I've ever posted before.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
So let me get this straight time wave zero ends on December 21st 2012, and the mayan calender ends at december 21st 2012.

Is that right? If so that can't be couincidence right?

[edit on 7-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
Hey Brother fox.

Good for you. The idea that T. had seems probable.

I must say that I have, in my life, only run across a couple of folks who have had lots of fun with this software.

Indeed, it seems that Sept. Oct. is scary if you look at the resonance.

I wonder if the elements of this can be brought down to an analog leval again.

T. took this stuff and introduced it to the digital age.

Sort of like speaking.....analog.....to....a wired/electrostatic device...then to an analog to digital converter and then to a digital to analog converter.

OK...think of basic ..very basic everyday electronics that the average American salivates for..or wants..or desires..thats what T. did.

Except he based it on one event..big bang?

maybe their are other events???

Like an orchestra!

I know that unless you follow T. the above is gibberesh but I need to say this.....good thread.

Peace.

PS....Science and technology has blitherd on about the real question...Life, Death and Birth???Why??..T.Mckenna...pushed this question. S and f

I like this post, and wanted to bring attention back to it.

Reason being, for the most part this line:

Sort of like speaking.....analog.....to....a wired/electrostatic device...then to an analog to digital converter and then to a digital to analog converter.

From my study of accepted ancient history -- the ancients were quite adept at the knowledge of time, more so than that of any other "force" in what we call physics today.

I like the analogy this member has made, and don't want him/her to think their response went un-noticed by myself.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
I know...I know..im quoting from another thread here: this one

Originally posted by Maya432
here`s just one of many many examples of the amazing wonders
of 432....
www.youtube.com...

I'm not sure how this confims anything about some supposed fractal nature of sound or that there's anything special about A432. The dust simply collects at the still vibrational nodes and sluffs off the areas that have maximum motion. It will happen most strongly when the frequencies present in the tone are at harmonic resonances of the plate. A plate could be constructed to be tuned to resonate to any frequency.

In the old days tuning went all over the place, at least down to A415 and as high as A450 if I recall correctly.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
So let me get this straight time wave zero ends on December 21st 2012, and the mayan calender ends at december 21st 2012.

Is that right? If so that can't be couincidence right?

[edit on 7-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

Yes.

Terence had NO IDEA that the Mayan Calendar would end then. The first Mayan Codex (Wiki) had not yet even been translated when the very first, crude, rudimentary equations were written.

He found it personally amusing, however, that the Maya also found within their own fractal (like the timewave) calendar (cycles within cycles to infinity) that they also targeted 2012.

As I have said above...the ancients knew more about the passing of time and the cycles of the universe as an actual force of nature than we choose to accept.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Well thanks for bringing this to my attention, I've seen this before, but I guess I will at least watch out for signs etc now.

Good luck and good future

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

As well to you!

May the winds favor you and always find your back.

I have, as of late been soul-searching.

I still believe in my OP and the resonances it has caused.

There will be a time in the near future where friends will no longer be friends. Aliances will change, and those you thought of as close will become transparent.

The knowledge I am sharing is only ONE window into a much larger dimension of change that is exponentionally shaping our world and realities at large.

If I can open one mind, one soul -- my mission is accomplished.

I already know within myself all that I need to know on this plane of existence. I understand, however -- that there are many other souls out there that need a signal, guidance or help in their quest.

I am but a humble offerer of said information. I simply wish to give the tools to those who will listen with reason, the ability to open doors within themselves the had already inside them -- but locked due to pre-conceived notions.

I am but one voice, speaking to a vast array of many. I cannot, or will not change the course of this planet. I simply ask that those who feel "interested" to dig, dig and search, learn and discover inside of themselves a path they find that is true.

I have found mine, have you, my friend found yours?

[edit on 8-8-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Is anyone else interested in what late August/Sept. will bring?

I have been earnestly reading T. McKenna's book, "The Invisible Landscape" -- and it's totally loosing me.

I personally do not have the mathematical background to understand the equations printed.

I do, however, understand the concepts of his theory. Something unusual in conjunction with mathematics for me.

Does anyone here require further information to either disprove/prove this basic "theory" on the "nature" of reality?

I can try and scan/upload pages of his book?

[edit on 15-8-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Personally, I am interested in what you think about the Russian situation and how you think it may tie in with TM's timewave. While there is nothing novel about war, maybe there is something behind the scenes that is? And if there is, how would we know?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisgustedOne

Personally, I am interested in what you think about the Russian situation and how you think it may tie in with TM's timewave. While there is nothing novel about war, maybe there is something behind the scenes that is? And if there is, how would we know?

Well I hate to declare any event "the one!!!" -- because I think we will either all know it -- or we won't (it'll be that obvious).

Remember, Novelty bottoms out the first week or so of Sept. -- we have another 2 weeks or so of ever-increasing novelty to come....

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I'm just curious--how are you going to reply to this post when nothing truly noteworthy occurs in this time frame?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join