It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September of '08 -- Just Listen.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by MystikMushroom

"Now, I finally have mathematical proof that "something" will happen about/around that time. "

Hello, I'd like to introduce you to a friend of mine. His name is Chaos Theory but we'll call him CT for short. CT would like me to point out that while there are certainly constants in the laws of physics and mathematical certainties in this universe, CT will always be present within any system in existence.

The principal of CT is simple. A system can be made up of any number of components, down to the cellular level! One or more of those components are bound to change over time. The change of one or more of these components can affect how a system reacts. Now imagine if you will how many systems are interacting with each other, influencing each other at any one time on this planet and then you realize how truly random things become.

But let's scale it down a bit. In "Jurassic Park", Ian Malcolm did a good job explaining CT when he explained that if he put a drop of water on his hand that the first time it may roll off to the left and the next time, another drop of the same size, placed in exactly the same spot would roll off to the right. This happens because of the microscopic imperfections on the surface of his hand intercacting with the microscopic cells in the water, influencing which direction the water will go.

So given that stunning and completely mind boggling revelation, I fail to see how any system of mathematics can predict any such future event and claim any sort of accuracy. If something does happen when predicted, it seems like it would be sheer coincidence.

Bad things are happening in the world every minute of every day and the media will report on the worst of the worst of them to us all. All you have to do is pick out the worst few for any given minute, hour and day predicted.

I agree. Anyone that claims to predict the future is a fraud. If the prediction occurs,it's just coincidence.

I don't believe in any of this fate crap...I'm in control of my on live.

Thanks dude.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Interesting... it would be cool if something happens this coming Autumn and we can then use this data as proof. Then people wouldn't jump down your throat as much...
I think the reason 9/11 isn't on there is because we didn't do that to harm ourselves. If we did have control over it, we did it to invade other countries. But economic depression, invading other countries, that is all pretty suicidal. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Woooh! It took me a couple hours of research and critical thinking, but I believe at this point I have reached at least a working basic knowledge of novelty and the timewave.

First of all....it is entirely clear to me that most of the people who dismiss this idea do so without an open-minded research on the subject. In other words, they do so on the basis of ignorance. Initially the concept seems entirely wacky, for lack of better words. I'm glad I took the time to re-evaluate my initial thoughts through the skills elementary school ingrained in me---that is, "do not form conclusions without deep analysis." OR "Don't judge a book by its cover."

Oh, and those who decide not to read up on the subject, but rather continue to post redundant messages, read the following several times:

A novel event is not necessarily a "good" or "bad".

Now, like I said, I feel that I have a loose understanding of this theory, but I'll put in my two cents anyway

This all hit really close to home for me. I have been on the technological singularity bandwagon for the past few years and this added another layer to my thinking on the subject. For those who are unaware of just what the singularity is, read up:

en.wikipedia.org...

I believe timewave zero (2012) is the same singularity to which so many others look forward.

Though, at the same time I'm conflicted......as some may have read in previous post, I believe in a sort of reality-mesh in which events are predicated by the prevalent thought of a group of beings. It's my take on the chaos theory within the system of a human society. Basically I have a hard time accepting that events, novel or ordinary, are bound to happen at certain times.

Maybe someone could help me out there

I hope this post makes sense. I'm never sure if I'm just speaking gibberish!

[edit on 7/21/2008 by iceofspades]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
well i heard that Congress may be issuing another economic stimulus of some sort possibly in September....that may be where all the trouble will start....

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm still not going anywhere!

I'm furiously trying to find some kind of repeating "cyclic" pattern. So far, it would appear from initial research that "big events" do not always co-inside with the lowest points on the graph.

I was looking before through historical events at only the lowest points when I made this discovery: World-changing events (that have lasting resonances) seem to occur right at the highest peak before a sharp decline INTO novelty.

It makes sense, or at least more sense as to why the wave would drop off the way it does.

Here is one of many other images I am working on currently:

As you can see, 9/11 happened RIGHT at the highest point before the one of the sharpest dips into novelty.

Now, look at where late aug/early sept. of 08' is...and look at how much further/faster we then fall into "novelty".

I'm rushing all of this probably to fast to all of you, and I need to slow down, take my time and plot out the other points in between to lend more evidence.

But I just had to share this info, and let the board know I'm not "running away and hiding"

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisgustedOne
As a field technician accustomed to looking at data, my concern would not necessarily be the points on the graph, but the overall trend. Someone mentioned the high points early in the thread, and while it would be nice to focus on those, IF the OVERALL trend is downward, as it appears in the graph, (can't tell for sure because I don't think your screen shot gives the whole picture) then the WORLD could be in for something catastrophic at ANY time. So tell us... what is the BIGGER picture?

Here's the "big picture" -- different software (not the original program like I am using) but the same math is used to calculate the points.

Here is it zoomed in a bit....

Just more stuff to study, look at...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I really find this thread very interesting, perhaps something will happen August or september. Seems like many people have been making predictions or hinting to something big which will occur, Keep up the good work with the charts

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
On a similar note, has anyone heard about the contents of the secret Congressional session? Apparently the economy is set to collapse in September this year....:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
I'm still not going anywhere!

I'm furiously trying to find some kind of repeating "cyclic" pattern. So far, it would appear from initial research that "big events" do not always co-inside with the lowest points on the graph.

That was my guess too, that the "event" that is novel should actually sit on the top side of the fluctuation, with the event at the lowest point being that event that shows a return to "business as usual" which is, probably, why war sometimes coincides with that point. It is our default or habitual mode of dealing with things that trouble us.

For instance 9-11 being at the beginning of a sharp decline makes sense, not because we were attacked. A group of people being attacked is not novel, but perhaps because such a large share of the human consciousness got to view it. Over and over again. The novel feature may have been the witnessing factor.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades
On a similar note, has anyone heard about the contents of the secret Congressional session? Apparently the economy is set to collapse in September this year....:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Exactly.

After reading that info, and then for some strange reason weeks later looking at the graph for the next year or so -- a, "Eureka!" moment happened.

I've been studying McKenna's wave for years -- and I haven't "checked" it in over a year or more.

Friday last week to many strange "coincidences" were happening to me in my life. I felt somewhat compelled to check out the "level of novelty" when I saw this huge dip happening late August/September. . . Then the thread about the "Closed door Congressional Hearings" was remembered...

I thought, "I better check this out more..."

And I've been singing this song ever since...

We don't KNOW what exactly will happen, it could be good (like a scientific breakthrough) -- it could be bad, however.

I predict right now based on my study of past cause/effect events -- that an "event of significant, lasting magnitude" that shapes the course of events for years to come, will happen the last week of August or the first week of September.

This is based on my THEORY.

And no, I will not in any circumstances use "any old news-worthy event" to try and "vindicate" myself.

We will either all know it, or not. Just like how 9/11 is shown, but because the wave is getting tighter and tighter -- it may be an even more intense event. Perhaps the LHC will uncover some insane new insights into physics? Perhaps the economy will tank?

I'm as clueless as the rest of you all
But the wave itself, seems to be pointing to a very, VERY sharp drop into complexity and density of novelty. Even more so than 9/11.

As I said, it COULD be a GOOD event -- it doesn't have to be terrible.

I'm just trying to put this down right now to be held accountable in the months to come -- to find out for myself if what I am believing to be somewhat, "true" is nothing more than bologna.

I'll keep working, others who are interested in this -- help me out by throwing out your theories! Maybe the collective mind of the human working together can "peek" behind the proverbial "curtain" of time itself.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
It is my genuine and deeply felt hope that the event is NOT something that leads to the use of those FEMA holding camps.

I really hope that there is some way we can use consciousness to choose a different, less habitual response to whatever the late 2008 event is.

Since fear is generally the thing that drives us to violence and the creation of suffering, perhaps seeing this coming, (or the possibility of it coming) can allow us the presence of mind to choose a more human and humane way of dealing with the fear that novelty (the unknown) seems to inspire in people.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I watched the video and all???
How mant doobs do you have to smoke to understand the idea?
seriously what is this about?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

apparently in your own opinion, more than you have!

I know...I know, it's hard sometimes to have to do what we've been told to do -- "think OUTSIDE the box" -- but just try!

[edit on 22-7-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I never could make sense of that timewave..

This is global you know. Almost every event is local. These critical points should have huge events in many parts of the world.

Check out the horrors of whats happening to kids around the world. Jean-Benet is nothing.

I would like to understand time-wave...but I dont see real obvious global crisis points.

I actually prefer some channeled info....talking about a 25 yr cycle. So, i used 2012 as an end point. 2012, ~1988, ~1963, 1938ish, 1913, 1888, 1863ish...etc

So we have, civil war, industrial rev, WW1, WW2, The movement, 1988 was huge climate heat waves and starvation etc.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
So something will happen in sep 2008 that compares with flight TWA 900. Not exactly end of the world stuff is it? How about kids in England go back to school and the sale of video games plummets causing retailers already dropping sales to go past a tipping point and create economic collapse. Since these retailers borrowed from US banks which themselves are teetering on the edge it causes ALL of them to collapse. Since China owns trillions of dollars their economy collapses. China, like all failing dictatorships, re-engages old enemies to distract its people from the economic problems and attacks Taiwan, Japan and Russia thus starting a sino-soviet war as predicted by Nostradamus.

Did the prediciation about the end of California in July also come from this same theory? Despite living in Scotland I have a suspicion that California is still on the map!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

apparently in your own opinion, more than you have!

I know...I know, it's hard sometimes to have to do what we've been told to do -- "think OUTSIDE the box" -- but just try!

[edit on 22-7-2008 by MystikMushroom]

Well I certainly do not have enough!

So this is some sort of mathematical model based on ancient chinese...???
the current incarnation of this concept is determined and calculated by using what (data?) and what technology?
and how did you create the time line in the beginning of the post?

I mean I can dig it but the method is not making any sense at this point,,,I could try vodka!
enlighten me if you can?

thanks

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This is not "doomsday" prophecy, okay? Let's get this straight right now.

Some "event" that effects the global "consciousness" for years afterwards (be it good OR bad) is what I am "predicting" ...

I'm not in any way purposfully deceiving anyone. I really believe this.

Everyone wants exact times/places/events.

I can't, and will not be able to give you that. The graph doesn't work like that. If you understood the underpinnings of the theory, you'd already know this.

Whatever I predict will "happen" -- we will all know about it, or we won't. It'll be that large.

Like I have repeatedly said -- I will in no way use just "any" event that does happen to justify my case in time period I have specified.

I know many here expect that.

This is not so much "prophecy" as it is a theory about the nature/quality/structure of time itself.

Balk all you want, call me nutty or an "insane man" -- but I'm not claiming to have gotten my information from "Lord Cromdom of the Reptiles on planet Phylaxia"

No, instead I have invested much time in studying Eschatology, Physics, Mathematics, the I Ching, Mayan Cosmology, Philosophy, Neurology, Chemistry...

I'd be easier, (and a lot more fun) to claim "Lord Cromdom transmitted this to me in a Channeling, in hopes to defeat the Demonic Minions of Orthodoxy".

I believe time to have qualities similar to other natural forces of nature, similar to gravity.

Science itself is flawed, the "creator" of the scientific method -- Descartes was inspired by a "dream" in which "angels" told him quote, "the conquest of nature is through measure and reason".

And we base our scientific method today on a vision by some Angels to a little-known Hapsburgian soldier (at the time)?

We all were SURE the world was flat 800 years ago.

Oh, how we learn and expand our understanding of the world around us

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

The idea that time is experienced as a series of identifiable elements in flux is highly developed in the I Ching. Indeed the temporal modeling of the I Ching offers an extremely well-developed alternative to the "flat-duration" point of view. The I Ching views time as a finite number of distinct and irreducible elements, in the same way that the chemical elements compose the world of matter. For the Taoist sages of pre-Han China time was composed of sixty-four irreducible elements. It is upon relations among these sixty-four elements that I have sought to erect a new model of time that incorporates the idea of the conservation of novelty and still recognizes time as a process of becoming.

Get all that? I know...it's ALOT to take in, it took me a while myself to get/understand where he was coming from with that...

Okay, so now we move onto this:

The Whole Enchilada

Imagine the I Ching as a "Periodic Table of Temporal Elements" -- of which, there are 64.

Keep that in mind as you read and study the initial graphs shown on that page.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   

The idea that time is experienced as a series of identifiable elements in flux is highly developed in the I Ching. Indeed the temporal modeling of the I Ching offers an extremely well-developed alternative to the "flat-duration" point of view. The I Ching views time as a finite number of distinct and irreducible elements, in the same way that the chemical elements compose the world of matter. For the Taoist sages of pre-Han China time was composed of sixty-four irreducible elements. It is upon relations among these sixty-four elements that I have sought to erect a new model of time that incorporates the idea of the conservation of novelty and still recognizes time as a process of becoming.

Get all that? I know...it's ALOT to take in, it took me a while myself to get/understand where he was coming from with that...

Okay, so now we move onto this:

The Whole Enchilada

Imagine the I Ching as a "Periodic Table of Temporal Elements" -- of which, there are 64.

Keep that in mind as you read and study the initial graphs shown on that page.

Cheers!

hexagram refers to what ?

and novelty ?

this is where I'm stuck at the gate...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I don't even pretend to understand the I ching or the mathematics of fractals and the tech side of the timewave theory but novelty is the tendency of nature towards greater and greater complexity...we started with a big bang - and voila - 22 billion years later (give or take a few) we have planets - then we have life on those planets - then we have technology among those life forms - then we have culture - and so on - that is novelty....the timewave seems to give us a heads up when novelty is about to increase - I would love see for example where the invention of the computer is on the timewave cause that was most definitely an event that changed the world globally - but I'm sure that only a handful of people at the time understood the implications and then not very well...sometimes the things that change the course of history are not recognized right away...however because of our ability to access information globally we might have a better chance of identifying such an event...the fact that we are talking about the timewave from our computers at different points on the earth is pretty f-ing novel to me as it is...Terrence would have absolutely loved this discussion...carry on

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join