It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knife on sale that can freeze its victim

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Soon the UK will be banning pens and pencils - they are pointy and as such are weapons. Do you want your child's school to be full of weapons? Didn't think so...

Glass bottles also must be banned. They make an impromptu weapon that is akll to convenience. All liquid must come in bags.

Razorblades will be available for purchase only at the police station. You will get used to electric shavers - but not the sharp ones, as they could be used as weapon. No shaving foam wither, it is a choking hazard.

Ban spoons, they can be made into knives. Don't get me started on the hazards of forks.

The UK is gone insane.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
how can anybody say this knife is diver protection if a shark is that close to you and wants to eat you thats pretty much about it . by the time you stab him you will have lost alot of your meat attracting alot of other sharks. most divers i know use bang sticks to keep sharks away. and too kill a bear come on have you ever tried to cut bear hide its not that easy to get thru. what you going to do say mr bear stand very still while i poke you with my gas knife okay. seriously watch the movie grizzly park then tell me you want to use that knife for bear protection

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'm not sure why everyone is so outraged by this knife. It's a great invention. Sure, what's meant to kill a shark could also bring death to a human. Imagine being pitted against a shark in the water, a pissed off one nonetheless. You'd wish you had a WASP Injector Knife with you instead of a regular knife because the truth is, you'll have a grand time trying to kill something like that with a regular knife.

Listen, throughout existence people have always found ways to kill others. This weapon used properly on a human is no more dangerous than the same dimension knife without the extra kick. Even without it, many household poisons can be applied to the blade to evoke a more painful death. The WASP Injector Knife is no more deadly than a rifle, no more deadly than a handgun, than a bomb, than anthrax, than a sword, an axe, street drugs, etc. This knife will not change the way crime is operated in the United States, Britain, or anywhere in the modern world.

And for those of you raving over how criminals will have too much fun with this weapon, a knife is a dangerous weapon for a criminal to use, you need to be in hand-to-hand combat range of them and you need to think fast. If you've ever shot an AK-47 you'd know that it's just as fun as any knife regardless of gimmick.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Ban human fists and arms. They cause fights leading to possible death. PANIC!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

the knife is designed for hunters of bears , and divers that may encounter sharks. although the knife would be dangerous on the streets that was not the intent of the inventor. its certain people who should be ashamed to carry knifes and use them on another person

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hallberg Rassy

OMG that was funny.

this knife is nasty, but a stiletto is just as effective, and far less messy. any surgically sharp blade will eviscerate a human gut in milliseconds, and sawed off shotguns will put a basketball sized hole, and a hand grenade will remove everything, and a nuke will remove everything in a ten mile radius.

WHAT!? it's just another weapon. i hate the cult of death, but there are more as yet unimagined ways to kill people than there are ways that have been used throughout the entirety of human history.

how about drawn and quartered?
or the two trees bent and tied together that when released rip a man in half(from tarzan movies).
or crazy gluing the nostrils and mouth shut.
or, my personal nightmarish one, being kept alive while your organs are farmed out one at a time.
it's how you live, not how you die that matters.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by billybob]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

I agree. All Humans should also be "De-clawed" at birth.

Our Bicuspids and canine teeth must also be removed to ensure public safety.

The Human bite is one of the most dangerous, do we really want our children exposed to that kind of risk? Do we want them to have to deal with these additional threats? Especially in school, were the children deserve a certain level of protection. Just think of the Damage that those children could do - equipped with such natural weapons. Infections, disease - practically bio-terror...

Don't even get me started on disabling the frontal deltoids muscle to prevent punching..... public safety takes precedent in my books.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Instead of these cartridges of compressed gas, how long until someone pressurizes some wonderful toxins, virus, herbicide, etc.. this knife will almost guarantee a kill from one stab wound.

Reminds me of the anthrax bb's that were used in the umbrellas by the kgb, same concept of injecting something foreign into the body via weapon.

If only these people could put such ingenuity into helping the world. We have enough weapons, I think we are good in that department.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

I really don't think you'd have to worry about any poisons, viruses or toxins being injected with this knife.

A 'BASKETBALL" size bubble of compressed air will be injected into you, freezing all tissue and organs it comes into contact with.

Your dead!

The toxins, viruses or poisons they might use in the cartridge would never have a chance of killing you. They would be redundant.

Can you imagine what a basketball size bubble of compressed air would do to a human body, if your an average sized person, it would probably split you wide open, everything inside of you would be damaged by the jolt/force of 850 psi being injected into your body cavity. Not to mention how much tissue and organ damage the freezing affect might have!

You'd never have to worry if there was a virus, poison, or toxins used in the compressed air!

[edit on 7/18/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Some of you people amaze me, i mean yeah this $800 knife is going to be in every thugs hands right?

First 99% of all the cry babies screaming omg no... Have never even had an incident with a person with malicious intent, second assuming the day comes that you do i can pretty much assure you your attacker won't have this knife...

hate you break it to you but your not worth that $800 to the person who will be killing you...

stop your fear mongering soccer mom bs for a second or two and actually think about the crap that you spew...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by unnamedninja

I'm from the UK aswell and like everyone else I have noticed the increase in stabbings over the past month or so.

You just need to ask yourself, is the amount of stabbings actually increasing or is the media coverage of said stabbings increasing?

I can remember when we had the fire fighters strike, every single fire with a death or serious injury was reported. To the casual observer this might seem as though there were more deaths from fires than at any other time, when in reality it was just the media choosing to report every single one.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkahn
Listen, throughout existence people have always found ways to kill others. This weapon used properly on a human is no more dangerous than the same dimension knife without the extra kick. Even without it, many household poisons can be applied to the blade to evoke a more painful death. The WASP Injector Knife is no more deadly than a rifle, no more deadly than a handgun, than a bomb, than anthrax, than a sword, an axe, street drugs, etc. This knife will not change the way crime is operated in the United States, Britain, or anywhere in the modern world.

I was with you 100% until the 'street drugs' comment. You really cannot compare them to a deadly weapon or anthrax.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
Some of you people amaze me, i mean yeah this $800 knife is going to be in every thugs hands right?

Actually according to the manufacturers website:

WASP Injection Systems, Inc.

$379.95 + S&H

Not that that's cheap, but it's a lot less than $800.

[edit on 7/18/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

First 99% of all the cry babies screaming omg no... Have never even had an incident with a person with malicious intent, second assuming the day comes that you do i can pretty much assure you your attacker won't have this knife...

hate you break it to you but your not worth that $800 to the person who will be killing you...

No not in every thugs hands, but i'd hate to think that it would be in the hands of even one "thug" with "malicious" intent that would actually use it on a human being.

I'd really love to know what eutopia you live in where only 1% of the population ever comes into contact with a person with malicious intent. I know i sure as hell don't live in that kind of eutopia, as i've had way more than one incident with a person with malicious intent, but hey i guess that's just a side effect of living in the "real" world.

How can you possibly assure anyone what will be in the hands of their attacker, unless you're the attacker?

You're absolutely right, the victim will not be worth the $800 to the sick, twisted, sadistic mind of the person that would actually use this knife on a human being. It will be the pleasure that they feel when using it on someone that will be worth the $800. And if you actually believe that there are not people out there that would actually use this on a person just to see the damage that it can do, then you really do live in some fairytale, la la land eutopia.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
I can't see any use for a knife like that except for killing, what would possess someone to make something like that

They're NOT for killing.

They're for makin' instant melon-slushie mixed drinks, don'tcha know.

-

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Originally posted by chise61
I can't see any use for a knife like that except for killing, what would possess someone to make something like that

They're NOT for killing.

They're for makin' instant melon-slushie mixed drinks, don'tcha know.

-

Lol ok well if that's all they will be used for then i have no problem with them, as i have a fondness for mixed slushie drinks, and also for watermelons.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by unnamedninja

Originally posted by applebiter
reply to post by unnamedninja

Where's the sense in trading one evil for another?

Don't you realize that is exactly what the Brits did when they banned guns? Why do you suppose stabbings are on the rise as you are suggesting? I am sure that if you traded knives for guns the opposite would happen, and if both then well perhaps blunt weapon beatings would be on the rise.

I am a pretty liberal guy but I am all for gun rights and this knife. I rather be equipped with one if I were ever faced with one coming at me then be bare fisted. However I rather just have a few throwing knives, stars or something along those lines.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Situation:
Drugged out looney attacks you. You stab him with a knife. He doesn't even feel it, and he beats you to death.

Alternate Situation:
Drugged out looney attacks you. You stab him with THIS knife. He doesn't even feel it, but you push the button and he's blown in half.

Weapons are only bad in the hands of bad people. Bad people will always have weapons, whether they are banned or not. Good people only get weapons if they're allowed to. How messed up is that, that some of you are advocating only bad guys having weapons?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
You want my wallet. Here it is. You want my car. Here is the keys. You want me to drive you to the ATM to withdraw 500 US here ya go. It's all yours.
I just have a thing against killing. Even against 'the bad guys'.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

You do undersand, they're not banning knives
They're banning teenagers from carrying knives. Big difference there.

I suppose you think every 18 year old should be running around with a switchblade?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join