It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knife on sale that can freeze its victim

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here's another look at the knife:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This knife should not be on sell to the public, there are already enough lethal weapons out there for psychos to use on their victims. There are plenty of other methods of protecting ourselves on the market (guns, tazers, forms of mace, etc).

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It just seems a particulary 'gas'tly way to kill anything for that matter. Not compressed air, compressed nitrogen I would imagine.
So while the internal organs explode they are also frozen in milliseconds.

What will these cute little MIT kids come up with next?
An automatic disembowler??
If you see anyone carrying around a black and decker drill with a weird looking apparatus on the end, look out.
No offense to MIT. A metaphor for folks in think tanks dreaming up new and improved ways to kill things.

[edit on 7/17/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
I finf it amusing that some seem to think this knife to be any more deadly than an ordinary knife of the same size, dimmensions and sharpness.

This is no more or less dangerous. It's just got a built in 'gimmick' to make a sale.

What's the point of having a knife like this when, if used correctly, any knife can cause death.

I disagree, while true that any knife can kill when used correctly, but no other knife can explode and freeze your internal organs.

There are also those that would gain access to knife like this and go on a spree just for the fun of watching what happens to their victims when they push that buton to release the contents of that cartridge.

What you refer to as a "gimmick" is in fact a death warrant.

You can't compare this knife to another knife of the same size, dimensions, and sharpness as that is not an accurate comparrison, That's kinda like comparing a 22 to a Smith and Wesson 500 and saying that they both inflict the same damage.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spreadthetruth

I wouldn't worry yourself. For around the same price as one of these, you can legally purchase a semi-automatic AK-47.

Not here in Chicago you can't. But i see your point, and the gangs here do purchase them illegally. However an AK-47 would not give some of them the same enjoyment as using that knife on people and watching the damage it inflicts. And the price is no inconvienience to some of them as they can make enough to purchase that knife in a couple hours selling drugs in the park.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Oh NO! Not a knife on the street. Wahhh!1 aRRGJ!!

Hows about a knife with a gun in it? Or a gun with a knife in it?

Or a knife with a spoon in it.

Panic everyone. PANIC.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
I read about that a few days ago, and it left me wanting one.

It's not that I have a particular need for it. It's just that I really like knives. Especially the scary ones. Something about the Second Amendment, and my personal belief that it's not just a freedom extended to guns.

i was thinking the same thing. for me though, it is not about liking knives (although i certainly have my fair share as they often come in handy when ya least expect it); rather, as a woman w/ two children who is all about guns for defending oneself but really is not partial to guns personally, sounds like a great defense weapon.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a sword version would be more effective. instead of co2, why not a "hot" combustible gas released on contact? probably to dangerous for public use though.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Its a great defense weapon if a beluga whale is on your case. Did anyone read what these are really for?

(I still want one)

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Its a great defense weapon if a beluga whale is on your case. Did anyone read what these are really for?

(I still want one)

lmfao well, one never knows when one of those sneaky beluga whales will be turning up on your doorstep.
best to be prepared, eh?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If this knife gets outta hand, A Licence or a great price for it will be imposed by the Authorities to prevent it getting in the wrong hands.

Im sure sooner or later there will be a gas-injection rifle bayonet, or even improvised attempts to make them.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Cutaway]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
or you could just put a poison at the end of the thing for a lot cheaper and just as effective...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by conjunktionman

So much money/energy spent on ways to kill on another! What a waste of life...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
What perfect timing with all the knife hysteria going on. Now knives are REALLY dangerous! Be afraid, be very, very afraid. Not to worry though, the government is looking out for you.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
That iz really awesome, i wuldnt mind having a knife like that, when i first saw it, i wanted it, but then i saw wat it did to that watermelon and now i think it shuld be banned, cause wow that culd really do some damage and if that gets into the wrong hand, omg i just dont know, we wuld just have to pray everyday that it wuldnt be one of us that gets approach with that thing on the streets.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
One drop of ricin on the head of a pin on a pint sized blow dart or umbrellas head.
All it takes.
Just a little longer.
Note: I've saved lives working in dialysis for 23 years. I 'do not' 'would not' 'could not endorse killing in any way shape or form.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
My right to possess whatever I want is absolute and inalienable. I won't go down the usual road of "it's scary, ban it!" that so many take. I certainly don't trust government agents to be the responsible ones if it is unjustly decided that they may be the only ones to possess such a device. Regardless, I don't think I'll be lining up to buy one. Yes, it's scary but I prefer my liberty (or what's left of it).

Basically, you may feel justified in banning something but just get in line and wait your turn for when somebody else feels justified re: something about you.

Note: "Absolute and inalienable" are qualified with compatibility with life and liberty ie. prohibition on homicide is quite justified. I wish to make it clear I'm not some whacko.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I started a thread on this knife in the "Weaponry Forum" a while back.

The Compressed Gas Injection Knife

Here's some more information on the knife.

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
My first thought was 'idiots' as well, but after reading what the purpose of the knife is for, it makes a lot of sense.

Not sure how well it would work for its intended purpose (sharks).

It may have been invented for defense under water, but they are now marketing it to use against "the enemy".

WASP Injection Systems, Inc.

Military and Tactical

Today our soldiers face many new challenges and to overcome those challenges they deserve the most advanced equipment that is available to them. A simple knife is OK to have, but when it comes down to the last line of defense you want to be carrying something that will get the job done.

Introducing the WASP Injection Knife. A multi-shot gas injection weapon that is devastating to any living creature and will drop some of the largest mammals in a single stab. This easy-to-use, easy-to-reload weapon delivers up to a 24g shot of compressed gas at 800 psi. on land or underwater. It is silent when used and deadly to our enemies. No need to take a chance that the enemy can come back to attack you.

The WASP is ideally suited for:

* Special Ops Troops (Land or Sea)
* Downed Pilots Stranded In Open Water
or Remote Forests
* Military Survival Kits
* S.W.A.T. and Special Police
* Security Guards

The WASP - Give Our Troops the Edge!

For military and tactical inquiries please contact [email protected]

I put the
by "Security Guards".

Here's a little more info.

About The WASP:

This weapon injects a frozen ball of compressed gas approximately the size of a basketball at 800psi nearly instantly. The effects of this injection will drop many of the world's largest land predators. The effects of the compressed gas not only cause over-inflation during ascent when used underwater, but also freezes all tissues and organs surrounding the point of injection on land or at sea.

It sure would be a pretty horrible way to die.

Being stabbed, injected with a basketball sized bubble of gas while it freezes all the tissue and organs the gas comes in contact with.

This isn't your run of the mill all purpose knife I would say, it was invented with one main purpose in mind.

To KILL!

[edit on 7/17/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
A knife is a tool. A knife is a sign of civilization.

A clever person could sit down and dream up 100 concealable weapons which could be made from available materials, each of them potentially as deadly as the knife profiled by the OP.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Spreadthetruth

OOkay...While for you it may be legally possible to buy and own a AK-47 but I would dare you to conceal upon your person and walk around in public. I think it would be pretty obvious if you were concealing a AK-47 or is it a case of "hey big guy, is that a AK-47 or are you just pleased to see me". But in this case how big is this knife? most knifes and switchblades are designed for easy concealment. So this would make it much harder item to patrol unless everywhere you go ,you go through a metal detector and leave it at the door at each shopping centre or library and collect on your way out...

What is wrong with people! We cannot go on like this...creating weapons to maime and kill each other. We cannot hide behind the flimsy excuse "oh thats how the world is";the world is what we make it to be.

I think some lucky people have survived bullets but with this weapon if it is all it says it is, will have 100% fatality.

you are all sheep, being manipulated without knowing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join