It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knife on sale that can freeze its victim

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
you know if i wanted to kill people i would find a way with legal materials just as deadly as anything you can ban, for example freezing paintballs and then firing them from a powerful paintball gun. just like getting hit with a slug from a shotgun but no balitstics, also its easily available, legal to own buy or sell and has the added effect of being more silent then a standerd firearm.

my point is weapons are always available and easy to make at home like a nail gun hooked up to a tank of co2 intead of a standerd statioinary air line. this knife is very cool and would be very effective but banning every weapon you can cause it frightens you is stupid reactionary thinking just remember most chinese and korean martial art weapons were modified tools and farming implements. everything is a weapon.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
You know I can dig that krill. I really can. In my small brain I just wish some more people with the ideals of humanity (like the one that created the perfect electrolyte, rice, carb) compilation mass produced (sorry I can't remember the scientist or name of his invention would be more lauded and executed than japanese stars.

I know I'm rather dimwitted, but I believe in making this planet a better place in every city/parish/province and town.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

One way to make it better is to better equip divers and personnel who might have to fend off sharks. I'm sure they would feel better. The people, I mean.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
You know apple, I think I'd rather let a bear tear my head off than use this device on it.
But that's just me.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
You know I can dig that krill.

i'm sorry, that fact that you used the word "krill" is very romantic to me.
sorry for this one liner. i love the ocean and all it encompasses.

the knife as someone above said is redundant.
a knife sticking inward is WAY more of a threat than a knife slashing sideways, so the article has some merit. all knife attacks are not the same.

[edit on 7/17/2008 by zooplancton]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Good. Then if we ever go hiking into the wilderness together, you can carry the mess kit.

Actually, you'll probably also be the designated "sandwich".

[edit on 17-7-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

you cant realisticly say that in a situation where you have that choice have head ripped off or kill a bear with a tool made for the job , realisticly you would probly choose to kill the bear. human instinct is to survive just as with preety much every other animal.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

For your edumacation.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

if you want to know down to earth knife fighting thats gritty and effective get a book called Put 'Em Down, Take 'Em Out!: Knife Fighting Techniques From Folsom Prison its only one of the many books i own on the subject but its very realistic in its purpose and dosent bog you down with ineffective stances and forms.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Actually...I can. I know that is bizarre. I would not use that weapon of any living thing.
I can't bore out a 351 winsor and equip it with a racing cam and balance it.
I sucked at second base.
Probably not on your bugout team.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

well if you can truely say your disgust with the tool is so compleate it overrides your fight or flight response the you are exactly who i would want on my bug out team , cuzz willpower and resolve that stronge are truely potent skills and gifts my friend.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Sure, you're on the team. But let's say we're on a treacherous pass and a grizzly jumps out! Instinctively, I go for the double leg takedown because he's got better reach. He quickly overpowers me, however, and pretty soon I'm on my back and he's trying to solve my guard. I have fistfuls of bear fur, and I'm clutching for dear life by staying up close to his body. Now he's slamming me down on the ground repeatedly and DAMMIT jpm1602! I'm in trouble! My gas knife has fallen onto the trail, easily within your reach... are you going to save me??

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by krill
human instinct is to survive just as with pretty much every other animal.

Humans also do the suicide twist. Who would want to be eaten by a bear? They have bad breath.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
THANKS!!!

Great article. I just bought one.

I got the wooden handle option (also ordered the Max adapter kit).

Semper Fi

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
What an absolutely fabulous complement krill.
I think on this board that is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me
Thank you
Sigh......ok Apple, I'd grill that mother...but not gladly.
Not with that device. I'd much prefer a 45 sidearm.

[edit on 7/17/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

humans arent the only animal to commit suicide i had a pair of birds( i think they were cockateils not sure) one died . a month later the other stoped singing , later still he wouldent eat, then he hung himself on a hook he pryd off his perch. from what the vet told me its common for birds to kill them selves when there mates die and their alone for too long.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

your welcome friend, not every one can be fighter but every one is useful and powerful one way or another. and when survival is concerned a person with great will and resolve is good for morale as well as continuing efforts others (my self included here) would have become frustrated with and given up on.

[edit on 7/17/2008 by krill]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You know those pet hair brushes that have that button you press and the brush pops out and spins around and snaps back? errrr probably only me.... but there needs to be a knife that does that.

It would save so much time!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Ya krill. You are definately on my same plane.
Had a couple of parakeets that mate for life. A blue and a white.
I was so stupid in the fall I thought I'd put their cage closer to the window. The male died on pneumonia. The female went completely mad.
I tried to find another mate. Nada.
I have never owned birds again.
Lol dulcimer, they don't make bear repellant with bear piss for nothing.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

i think i know what your talking about and it would be a cool twist (pun intended) in a knife design.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join