It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knife on sale that can freeze its victim

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Stay scared, people. The media loves it.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
One would hope that this diver protection won't be banned simply because bad people can get their hands on 'em. This is why cops are supposed to be armed. crazy people use box cutters if they have to, whatever it takes to get the job done.

Personally I'd much rather have this over a spear gun, going face to face with a great white. At least I know if I can hit it, I have a chance (if a basketball sized burst of air entering it's blood stream won't stop it nothing will...)

Coven

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
That's like my whole thing here. Who the heck is going against a shark with this? Give me an electric rod to bump it on the nose.
Who is going against a grizzly with this? He'd have half your face ripped away with one swipe before and if you could find bear meat. It's a stupid and ridiculous weapon. Except for a thug.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Spreadthetruth

In the UK we are getting stabbings every single day. There is at least a couple a day in London alone and that's not a very big place at all. It might not sound like a big deal to you that we get stabbings every day, but just 10 years ago this didn't happen anywhere near as frequently.

So if things were as you wanted, that you could carry a knife of any sort shape and size, this problem is guaranteed only to get worse. I live in a roughish area and I'm afraid of getting stabbed since guys around here go around drunk and looking for a fight all the time. If one of them doesn't like my face on any given day, chances are I'm going to get perforated, and I will obey the law and not even carry a knife in self defence. All we can do is obey the law while these psychos wont, and hope we get to die of old age.

I hope you're a young guy, I used to carry knives because I was the treehouse and explore in the woods kind of kid, but that was for a reason, I have no reason to now so I don't. Carrying a knife is not cool, I hope you understand that someday.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Even in a perfect situation, I can see this weapon being hard to use. You really only have one chance to trigger the perfect reaction.

I would like to see the damage this would inflict.... not on a watermelon.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by unnamedninja

i have to disagree with you i carry a knife every where i go for self defense iv been in many fights over the years and on more then a few occasions had to stab or cut someone to defend my self.

you have more stabbings cuzz of your insain gun laws, once they ban all knives people will start making shives and carrying chains or rolls of coins or even the classic billiard ball in a sock.

those who want to harm others will always find a way to do so. banning everything that can be used as weapon is useless reactionary thinking that just wont work. all it does is create a black market for illeagle weapon sales.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
What ever happened to the good 'ole days when you could stab someone and it only had a 50/50 chance of killing someone.

Somebody's gotta set up some rules for killing'.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Gonna call BS on this one. My grandpappy taught me to carry a wallet, a pocketknife, and a comb.

A knife is a tool, and not a symbol. It doesn't stand for anything except utility. A killer who is hell-bent on cutting you with an edged weapon will knap flint or obsidian, if that's what it takes. Do you know how sharp an obsidian blade can be?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I must have this.

It would make a wicked bayonet.

I still don't see how this is any deadlier than a normal knife - apart from the gas, which would expunge guts, blood and tissue out of the wound and all over you.

A ball-pean hammer, now there is a weapon of stealth. Ban Them!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
If you are worried about a Bear or a Shark....you dont need a knife or any other weapon.

You just need to take along a hiking or swimming buddy that is slower than you are. Outrunning or swimming the animal is nonsense. Just need to outpace your buddy.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind having a nice obsidian blade either.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by applebiter

Gonna call BS on this one. My grandpappy taught me to carry a wallet, a pocketknife, and a comb.

A knife is a tool, and not a symbol. It doesn't stand for anything except utility. A killer who is hell-bent on cutting you with an edged weapon will knap flint or obsidian, if that's what it takes. Do you know how sharp an obsidian blade can be?

You don't live in my country, over here a knife is a symbol first and a tool second. Stabbings are chic to our teenagers, these crimes are fashion statements. They are not being perpetrated by psychos but teenagers.

I'm not surprised that I'm getting people disagree with me, but really come live over here for a while, you'll get really sick of hearing every single day on the news about yet another stabbing. About our "insane gun laws" yeah wouldn't it be great it we didn't have those, then we'd hear about shootings instead. Where's the sense in trading one evil for another? Killing people is unfortunately chic to teenagers, that's the real problem, guns and knives aren't.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Ok, so if it's a symbol, then who defines its meaning?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
This is just scaremongering.
The fact that it's from the metro says it all; they now have a whole page in their newspaper dedicated to knife crime in the UK.
People are starting to see it's all crap, so they've thrown this in to try and grip people again.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
What an awesome weapon. Using this would be like the Alien series where they'd pop out your chest....

Compared to a gun, a knife is a pretty safe weapon not many people get accidentally stabbed and die from their wounds, unlike a gun with a hair trigger, a knife like this you'd have to plunge it in and then pull the trigger. The only people or beast that would die are ones that you intended to die.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by applebiter

Ok, so if it's a symbol, then who defines its meaning?

Look at the guy in my avatar. That's a videogame about stabbing people. A very popular videogame. And I know for sure that people crafted some home made hidden wrist shanks in homage. One guy was even selling them.

That's one part of it. Gang culture is a bigger part of it I think. Kids egg each other on, encourage each other to do stupid things. Maybe nowdays you're not cool if you dont carry a knife? I dont know, I'm not a kid anymore thank god. Our peer pressures were drugs and drink.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This weapon is just a gimmick, it is only very marginally more dangerous than a normal knife, getting stabbed is bad and often results in death regardless off special freezing gases, as for the comments about knife crime in UK it is media hype, violent crime is down overall (a little after though the media will sometimes drop in to a scare piece about knife crime)

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gandi

Violent crime being down is because the government recently changed how they collect that data. Government is always doing that. Unemployment is also at record lows, thats because they invent all kinds of schemes, such as the new deal, people on those schemes aren't technically classified as unemployed, even though they're still getting dole money. It's just a way to cook the books for question time. The opposition knows its bunkum, the government knows its bunkum, and the media and public are left to figure the truth out between themselves.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
Wow this is one harsh weapon and so easily available and cheap. This is the last thing that Britain needs on the streets at the moment.

Surely a license for something like this should be needed.

Hope it does not spread, anyone used one of these or seen one in operation?

What do you think about it?

Peace,

Don't worry, the UK has moved on from banning guns to trying to ban knives and other pointy objects.

What could you do about it if stuck by one of these? I guess drink a cup of hot coffee (tea in the UK).

[edit on 7/18/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolf241e

On a darker note, wonder what else people could inject you with. A modified cartridge could contain a virus or cancer cells or God knows what.

Kinda scary!

They have that weapon already and it is readily available and you can pick one up for under a dollar!

its called a hypodermic needle and syringe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join