It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge a book (or a member) by its cover

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes, you do change it frequently. Thats how one can stay unfamiliar.

To be honest I never even realized you´re a woman. All I know about you is that you are a democrat.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by LDragonFire

So I did pick up on something motorbike-ish. Good to know. I also pick up on the "pick up artist" vibe...but you dont have to respond to that, thats your private world.

Lets just say you picked up on something very similar a freakishness in my past, but a pick up artist I'm not, when I was a teen uh yup.

Benevolent Heretic
I knew you are a woman, I'm guessing late 30's or 40's no children, I'm guessing you love the out doors and might love being out in the sun, there is something about the sun but I'm unsure about it. I bet you can relate more to animals or pets more than these humans around you.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

All I know about you is that you are a democrat.

And I'm not.

Oh, well, I think it's time to go change my avatar.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FewWorldOrder

LOL, Ducks fan absolutely. Not so much on the rest of it. I am early 30's, fit and occasionally let the beard grow but not often.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Benevolent Heretic
I knew you are a woman, I'm guessing late 30's or 40's no children, I'm guessing you love the out doors and might love being out in the sun, there is something about the sun but I'm unsure about it. I bet you can relate more to animals or pets more than these humans around you.

Really close! I'm kind of amazed. I'm past the 30s and 40s.
But just barely. No children. I live in the southwest (the sun). I love it. It's healing and spiritually cleansing! And I definitely can relate to animals more than most people. Well-done!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You have always given me the impression of being logical, fair-minded, passionate and compassionate. You don't look for a fight but you don't shrink from it either.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
My avatar tends to garner a certain gender and age group quite easily it seems. I guess the demographic for ATHF isn't as large as the creators might like.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

The K in your username (brings "kid" to mind), combined with your avatar had me thinking 18ish male who smokes pot. Your posts though have me thinking you are early 20's, male... and you may or may not ..."partake."

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

You have always been somewhat of a conundrum to me. Your posts seem very conservative yet your avatars tend to be tongue and cheek. The Seinfeld/Star Wars thing, ATHF. I'm not sure what to think except maybe you don't like to be pigeon-holed.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I have to agree with that assessment. I could never pinpoint nyk politically. But thats a good thing.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Yes, I remember your U2U. Sorry for the delay here.

Your avatar alone would make me think you are a woman. But Ziggystard makes me think you are a man. Did David Bowie have many women fans? I honestly haven't read enough of your posts to guess much more.

So, 40 something (based on Bowie username) man. Skinny and tall as well, but that is probably just because I am picturing ziggy stardust.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This is a fascinating topic and I have two threads that are similar in nature.

Can you sense the energy of those you speak too online?

And this one

The human collective conscience.

Not meaning to derail or anything, a ATS research project into this would be ultra cool!!

nyk537
Young between 18 and 22 college student[?] sports fan. Much more liberal in life than conservative. sports car over trucks, ladies man, I'm better at people I see more often

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Hi, Karlhungis, I can tell you that you got one thing right about me. But I am not going to tell you which one.

I chose my avatar both because I think it is beautiful and a reflection of my membername. I guess it also tells that I am interested in space exploration. But I like the fact that it doesn't reveal to much about me. I want to be judged by my comments and posts alone, not by what or who anyone thinks I am.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

You have always given me the impression of being somewhat the strong, silent type. You don't give your opinion on just anything but when you you do...you express it well and you mean it. I tend to think you are a very solid and dependable friend.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Well this certainly is a great, eye opening thread!!

As much as I don't like to judge by an avatar I have to admit there have been a few that you can't help making assumptions but for the most part I would have to say that it is what you post and how you conduct yourselves in the forums that really makes the biggest impression on me.

Going by avatar alone:

Karl: your avatar definitely makes me want to keep checking behind me to make sure im not going to be on the wrong end of a pressurized spike punch. I liked the movie but mostly his hair cut.

Skyfloating: I figured you were a 30 something, educated fellow that loved debate

Kosmic: I thought of you as a 20ish guy that drives a BMW, manages a McDonalds and drives for a delivery company in the night while drinking lots of beer in your off time

Ziggy my friend: well......you don't want to know
Just kidding. You seemed like a nice early 20's guy with a knack for investigation and full of enthusiasm.

Again, I find I make assumptions of people on how they conduct themselves in their posts in the forums rather than how their avatars look.

this is a great social experiment Karl. Star and flagged

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The K in your username (brings "kid" to mind), combined with your avatar had me thinking 18ish male who smokes pot. Your posts though have me thinking you are early 20's, male... and you may or may not ..."partake."

Not me. Never touched the stuff. Early 20's is close enough (mid). The "k" in my name is a variation of my middle name, "Nicholas". I use the k as a throwback to the old Knicks symbol. Thus the "nyk".

You have always been somewhat of a conundrum to me. Your posts seem very conservative yet your avatars tend to be tongue and cheek. The Seinfeld/Star Wars thing, ATHF. I'm not sure what to think except maybe you don't like to be pigeon-holed.

In truth I am very conservative. Unlike many others who are though, I have a very enlightened sense of humor.

I have to agree with that assessment. I could never pinpoint nyk politically. But thats a good thing.

That most likely stems from the fact that though I am a Conservative, I am first to admit when I and others are wrong, and am concerned with the wellbeing of others in general than any political affiliation.

Young between 18 and 22 college student[?] sports fan. Much more liberal in life than conservative. sports car over trucks, ladies man, I'm better at people I see more often

A little low on the age, and I'm out of college. Huge sports fan. Much more conservative than liberal. I'll take the sports care any day (Viper). My wife may or may not agree on the ladies man part.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

spacevisitor,

in the beginning I perceived you as a head-in-the-clouds youngster, very curious and smart.

Today I envision you as a long, skinny intelligent 50-ish Dutchman with a huge library behind your Computer.

Hi Skyfloating, you are very close but on the moment I am again a head-in-the-clouds almost 62-ish grandpa with two lovely grandchildren since a bit more then one month now.
A granddaughter named Kaylee 4 June and a grandson Nick 11 July.
Amazing isn’t it?
I am indeed very curious but because I have a small library of different themes behind me and a hotline connection to the bottomless info ocean on the internet it could be that I look a bit smart.
Some dictionaries on my desk and in my computer for obvious reasons.

When I first saw your avatar before this one, I thought that the universe is sorely one of your interests, and by now I know that you have so many others interests as well.
Some of those are also my favourites as you know, and I absolute enjoyed the discussions then.
The “about me” in your profile is not filled in yet, but when I see that long list of friends where under me of course and some of your many very good and interesting threads you has started and contribute to so far I know now and by personal experience that you are a very respected ATS member and moderator, intelligent, eloquent and last but not least warm-hearted.
Someone with well thought-out opinions and interesting thoughts who really say it how he feels it.
Sometimes being thank heaven my teacher to correct my English.

I stop here because it’s not smart that this thread is ended before I have finished my reply.

So, see you around my friend.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
What about me? I don't have an avatar, I feel so.... so.....so Empty.

But seriously, we all make assumptions based on the information we have about eachother, avatars are the eaisiest way to "judge" someone barring going through all that tedious work to actually read what someone one here says.

Avatars are the Tee shirts of ATS..... I guess mine is plain white.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I am curious how many others have such a negative view of me.

Karl,

I think a person's choice in avatars is like their choice in vehicles, It's an expression of how they wish to be perceived, or how they perceive themselves mentally.

From your avatar, I get the impression of a guy who's like Judd Nelson character in the movie Relentless. Smart, capable, but having a dark dispostion. You're probably nothing like that, but that's how your avatar comes across to me.

[edit on 7/16/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000

Kosmic: I thought of you as a 20ish guy that drives a BMW, manages a McDonalds and drives for a delivery company in the night while drinking lots of beer in your off time

See Kosmic...when using protest-avatars they associate the thing you protest against with you.

spacevisitor:
We will meet again on our UFO-Research-Paths.

LDragonFire: Yep, I remember your energy-sensing threads. We´re all a bit psychic.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Skyfloating]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join