It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The human collective conscience.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Humans seem to be connected on some unknown level. I’m not sure what to call it and I’m not sure if science has a name for it. But all of humanity seems to be wired together.

I have been in the food production business for over twenty years and I have seen this effect over and over. I’m not speaking about traditional times to eat, breakfast lunch dinner or bar rush. I’m speaking about odd times of day or night, when a food order comes in you can expect 3 or more to follow you could be completely slow or no food orders at all for hours, then out of nowhere, It’s like one person decides they are hungry, and orders food, then others seem to follow suit. I have also noticed that the type of food ordered often follows a pattern. If the first food order is a healthy type of food, like a turkey club with a fruit cup, then the next might be a salmon caesar salad and so on. Or if a order of chicken wings is the first orders you can expect the next order to be toasted ravioli or pizza or chicken quesadilla.

The example above is just a small way we humans seem to be connected; next I will discuss 9/11. While 9/11 was happening and the hours, days and weeks that followed the whole world grieved with us, except for a small part of the world’s population. Then are sorrow turned to anger, and even hate. How where we Really effected, on a worldwide level?

How many times has the whole world been effected by a single event? Where humans able to effect this event, in a positive way or a negative way?

Why is it when some one rips your heart out by ending a relationship, do they still want to be friends even if they have done you wrong? Is this just being nice, or is the pain they cause you also being felt by them?

I think I may have hurt some one, but I don’t know if I have. I don’t know if I had all the information to make a decision, but I made a decision based of the information I had, but I could have been wrong.

If we are connected, you would think I would know this answer. Can emotions cloud this ability, if this ability even exists?

What say you?

Could this be why religion was created, to stop this type of ability from happening? to keep us separated based on belief?

LDF

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
FIRST, IS THERE any proof that we are all connected together?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Drzava

Hi Drzava

Welcome to ATS
It seems you are angry by the way you post in caps?? (if you are not the I appologise)
chill and enjoy the questions here :-)

Val

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well, carl jung coined the term collective unconscious, but that might be different than what the OP means, As for the food thing, maybe its biological timing or conditioning, or just coincidence.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava

Hi Drzava, there definetly is proof at some level. I mean to say that in This video, the effect of massive global emotion (e.g. 9/11) is discussed and proven using Rng's.

- Chris

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
People who live together and have strong bonds have body processes that are synchronized, such as heart beats, periods, even emotions. It may have to do with the bodies electromagnetic fields influencing each other. I read somewhere that it was suggested early humans/Neanderthals could read each other like a flock of birds or a school of fish, because they were hunters and closer with nature.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
i meant real proof,
scientific, i dont like when people call a video or just words from a philoshoper proof, cuz is not

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

i meant real proof,
scientific, i dont like when people call a video or just words from a philoshoper proof, cuz is not

I have got to say you're being extreamly annoying. Don't mind the beginning of the video, it's just a start to the topic.

The video SCIENTIFICALLY PROVES, the direct efect of a human mind on Rng's (RandomNumberGenerator).

May I suggest you actually take a look at something before dismissing it as "merely a video"...

- Chris

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
also, i was not feeling like everybody else in 9/11, does that mean i am not human?
yeah humans can react the same way in events like 9/11, but that doesnt mean that we are connected.

this hsould not be in paranormal studies, this should on on human and social psycology [SIC]

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Drzava]

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Drzava]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Is there any proof that aliens exist? Is there any proof of Bigfoot? Is there any proof you will add anything good to this thread? Is there any proof you know what Deny Ignorance means?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I know what you mean and i agree we are all definitely connected on some unconscious level but i would also take into account events that leave alot of people hungry and bored and all walking home past the same shop and advertising hitting groups of weaker willed people on a late night etc.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by PontiacWarrior
Well, carl jung coined the term collective unconscious, but that might be different than what the OP means, As for the food thing, maybe its biological timing or conditioning, or just coincidence.

Biological timing would indicate breakfast lunch and dinner, and bar rush, I expect to get orders at this time. If give a example, a couple of days ago, I had not orders between 11:30pm till 3:20 am, I got a order at this time, for a cheeseburger, within 10 minutes I got 4 other food orders. I wondered if it was a group of people staying at the hotel, so I went to the front desk and asked Emily if any groups of people had come into the hotel, she said she hadn't see anyone for hours. These orders where from different floors, I have experienced this Many times in the last 20 years, to the point I expect this to happen.

I have a video that is trying to do this, but I think we are already one some level:

All the orders where for junk food.

*edit to add* could this be apart of the 2012 thing, could this be a change that is coming? The end of a age and the beginning of a new age foretold by the Mayans?

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Papasmurf]

[edit on 30-11-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Humans seem to be connected on some unknown level. I’m not sure what to call it and I’m not sure if science has a name for it. But all of humanity seems to be wired together.
LDF

It is called "non-local consciousness" ; )
And it is not limited to humans. Everything there is is made up from the same stuff - and that "stuff" communicates.

Cool, huh? ; )

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
ok here is another video:

Now if we do this mentality, it would explain much.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Have you read Fred Alan Wolf's books?
(He's the cartoon Mr. Quantum in the clip ; ))

If you haven't, I think you might like them.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
We are connected.

See the global consciousness experiment.

noosphere.princeton.edu...

I think the world is on a threshold. Each human acts like an individual brain cell - a component of a larger mind. A billion more people and the collective IQ of humanity will reach the point that we as a whole will realize that there is nothing to be gained from warfare that you don't lose many times over compared to working together.

I can feel it. Everybody feels something going on in this world. Something we can't quite put our finger on. Something important is happening.

We must stay true to our faith that life is worth living, that the world will be a good place to live, and that humanity can work together. If we don't keep working toward this goal, evil will triumph and no life that remains will be worth living at all.

We have brothers and sisters of all religions, races all over this world. We all want the same things.

A day is coming soon where we will choose not to fight any longer. Our technology is becoming so lethal that on a whim we could destroy the earth. Shall humanity forever become a hostage to the technology we created?

Put down your guns.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Like the wind, you can't see it, but you can see it's effects.

I notice this stuff all the time, and have long since concluded that we are linked on some unconscious (and sometimes conscious) level. I've even done some experiments with family members and the old Prof. Rhine card test. I could "sense" who was going to get the right answer, and sure enough they would. Every time.

The Global Consciousness Project
Edit: Doh! You beat me to it dionysius9!

[edit on 11/30/2007 by Kruel]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The holographic theory from David Bohm and Karl Pribram also claims that we are connected. In fact, it claims that we are part of the same being.

Older religions claimed that as well. That we are part of the same being, and that everyone and everything you have experienced in your life is nothing more than yourself.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Great thread, I see you are familiar with Jung.

A collective unconscious implies that not only all humans are connected, but reality in general. It is sort of like quantum theory.

We all have experiences that lead us to believe there is some sort of inner connection (IF you are paying attention that is). If you are completely unaware of who you are and what life is, maybe its more difficult.

The inner connection is felt as inner knowing for some, others have to experience it first hand to understand it, and still others must 'know' scientifically...Which is much harder to prove.

Jung had an amazing dream that essentially spelled out a collective human unconscious. For clarification, a house is viewed as the psyche in most dreamwork:

He started off in a house similar to his own, modern Swiss architecture. He then walked down the staircase to find himself in a medieval household (stone). He opened up a cellar door to find himself in a romanesque basement. He decided to venture down even further and found himself in a prehistoric cave with paintings on the wall.

He believed this signified past stages of consciousness...And called it 'mental archaeology.'

To find out your own inner connection, perhaps you should meditate. It is a step down the right path.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Do a little research there is plenty of evidence out there.

One of the most surprising discoveries of modern physics is that objects aren't as separate as they may seem. When you drill down into the core of even the most solid-looking material, separateness dissolves. All that remains, like the smile of the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland, are relationships extending curiously throughout space and time. These connections were predicted by quantum theory and were called "spooky action at a distance" by Albert Einstein. One of the founders of quantum theory, Erwin Schrödinger, dubbed this peculiarity entanglement, saying "I would not call that one but rather the characteristic trait of quantum mechanics."

www.deanradin.com...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join