It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The human collective conscience.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava
FIRST, IS THERE any proof that we are all connected together?

Well we all come from the same lifeforms that were born or landed on Earth

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If you go looking on the internet you will find that people say everyone is One. We are all part of one super-conscious, but experience ourselves at individuals because we have consciousness/souls different from other people.

The conscious, subconscious, and collective unconsciousness.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The Hindu version of reality:

The outer world is called maya, meaning illusion, and is thought of as God's dream or God's dance. That is, God creates it, but it has no reality of its own. Our individual egos they call jivatman, which means individual souls. But they, too, are something of an illusion. We are all actually extensions of the one and only Atman, or God, who allows bits of himself to forget his identity, to become apparently separate and independent, to become us. But we never truly are separate. When we die, we wake up and realize who we were from the beginning: God.

When we dream or meditate, we sink into our personal unconscious, coming closer and closer to our true selves, the collective unconscious. It is in states like this that we are especially open to "communications" from other egos. Synchronicity makes Jung's theory one of the rare ones that is not only compatible with parapsychological phenomena, but actually tries to explain them!

webspace.ship.edu...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I agree with other posters on here in saying that you cannot totally credit the concept of global consciousness to people wanting food or coming in at the same time. There are WAY too many factors in each of our every daily lives that pretty much dictate what we do and when we do it. Advertising, talking with friends or coworkers, when we last ate or drank, and how much energy we have expended all factor into it.

I know that the movie, Waking Life, touches on global consciousness a little. Check it out.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by banyan
I agree with other posters on here in saying that you cannot totally credit the concept of global consciousness to people wanting food or coming in at the same time. Waking Life, touches on global consciousness a little. Check it out.

I agree. but i like to look at the logical explanations first and i still think when it comes to food some degree of it has to do with other factors

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dionysius9

I think the world is on a threshold. Each human acts like an individual brain cell - a component of a larger mind. A billion more people and the collective IQ of humanity will reach the point that we as a whole will realize that there is nothing to be gained from warfare that you don't lose many times over compared to working together.

well if there was any validity to this, you would think those that profit from war would be threatened by rising populations would u not?

And like any succesful group and or "business" trying to protect their profits they would come out with a strong strategic plan to counter these threats and in ways that would make these counter strategy's hidden from public view or somehow turn them around as helpless tradgedy's (Aids, other diseases, etc ?)

I mean i would venture to guess some business/groups (If there "lives" depended) on it would somehow rationalize it to themselves that the ends (deaths of third worlder's and those that are not the "fittest" justify the means (which is their leadership ....in overseeing the general population to ensure some structure and stability to society (which in their warped logic is worth more lives i.e their leadership saves more lives, than the collateral effects of which kill

combine this with a beleif that 95 percent need to be told what to believe (by the 5%) this would give them the rationale to stretch and bend the truth, (reported thru various media) wether they believe you couldn't handle it, and/ or in order to keep a self perpetuating system going strong.

just brainstorming aloud

[edit on 1-12-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman

well if there was any validity to this, you would think those that profit from war would be threatened by rising populations would u not?

I think this was recognized possibly thousands of years ago, and the birth of the different religions where born, to keep the indivIdual MInd closed of, thuS Separating vast nUmbers of people from the collective mind.

And like any succesful group and or "business" trying to protect their profits they would come out with a strong strategic plan to counter these threats and in ways that would make these counter strategy's hidden from public view or somehow turn them around as helpless tradgedy's (Aids, other diseases, etc ?)

I also think that the separations of race also play a role in keeping us separated. Just look at the divisions between humans based of both religion and race. No matter what color we are or what language we speak we are all human, until you add race and religious doctrine, then one group sees the other groups as sub-human

I mean i would venture to guess some business/groups (If there "lives" depended) on it would somehow rationalize it to themselves that the ends (deaths of third worlder's and those that are not the "fittest" justify the means (which is their leadership ....in overseeing the general population to ensure some structure and stability to society (which in their warped logic is worth more lives i.e their leadership saves more lives, than the collateral effects of which kill

combine this with a beleif that 95 percent need to be told what to believe (by the 5%) this would give them the rationale to stretch and bend the truth, (reported thru various media) wether they believe you couldn't handle it, and/ or in order to keep a self perpetuating system going strong.

What are some things that could bring humanity closer? To view each human as a brother or sister, to view without hate or mistrust? How can we cease to be a American, or British, or Russian, or Muslim, and to just be a Earthling?

We are all taught who is good or bad, by a society that feeds off of our fears. Governments throughout history have dehumanized one nation or group of people to further there political or to justify power grabs through wars, and the religions have taught us that people of different faiths are heathens, and somehow less than human. Many religions go as far as stating that a open mind leaves it wide open from attacks or possessions by demons.

just brainstorming aloud

Yeah me 2

Just what would it take for us to open ourselves to this possibility, and if we do, what are the limits we could achieve? or would their even be any limits?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
We are all made of stardust .we are all eternal spirits.

connected?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Humans seem to be connected on some unknown level. I’m not sure what to call it and I’m not sure if science has a name for it. But all of humanity seems to be wired together.

Interesting thread!

The Hundredth Monkey Effect pertains to this possibility. Essentially a critical mass is achieved and the idea propagates throughout the species.

Inventions follow a similar pattern. Television and radio, for example, were being 'discovered' around the same time by different people in different parts of the world.

Emotions are transferable. A smile is contagious, as is the anger passed on by someone elbowing you out of their way in the street.

Some people get on like wildfire from the get-go and others hate each other before a word is spoken.

The air we breath and the water we drink predates the human race.

Everything in this reality is 'connected'.

And the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness.

Terence McKenna

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Here's my take from the reserach I've done.

One:

Our Consciousness involves Quantum Entanglement in our minds. Sir Roger Penrose has been one of the biggest supporters of this idea.
Sir Roger Penrose is an English mathematical physicist and Emeritus Rouse Ball Professor of Mathematics at the Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford. So he's not some quack. Essentially the human mind is a Quantum Computer.

Article on the mind and quantum computation
www.quantumconsciousness.org...

Two:

Entanglement can and does occur across space. It is a type of "Spooky action at a distance" and is used in Quantum Teleportation and will be used in Quantum computing.

Spooky action and beyond
www.signandsight.com...

Essentially what appears to be happening is our minds or consciousnesses are linked by what is known as Quantum Channels that transmit Quantum Information. These are not quack ideas but actually the foundation of Quantum Information Theory which again involves Quantum Teleportation and Computing.

Site about Quantum Information Theory and Computing
cam.qubit.org...

Three:

When a person begins to look at these objectively and with research conducted by Dean Radin, Princeton Engineering Anomalous Research and the US Military at Fort Belvoir, a new paradigm emerges.

One that implies that all Human Consciousness is connected by a network that is the same as Carl Jung's Collective Unconscious and the abode of Joseph Campbell's Archetypes.

Even more bizarre is that we seem to have the ability to perform Anomalous Operations and Cognition at a distance by using this network. It is possibly not even limited by Time, Space, or this Universe/Reality. Even more disturbing is the implications of the existance of Anomalous Entities that also use or live in this network. In other words we are not alone.

[edit on 2/12/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Here's my take from the reserach I've done.

One:

Our Consciousness involves Quantum Entanglement in our minds. Sir Roger Penrose has been one of the biggest supporters of this idea.
Sir Roger Penrose is an English mathematical physicist and Emeritus Rouse Ball Professor of Mathematics at the Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford. So he's not some quack. Essentially the human mind is a Quantum Computer.

Article on the mind and quantum computation
www.quantumconsciousness.org...

Intersting. However, is that link not working for anyone else? I clicked it and it froze my browser.

Anyway, Michio Kaku is another great physicist who believes we're all connected. Problem with this theory is it is very controversial, it will take a very long time for it to become mainstream friendly. Most scientists right now believe consciousness is created in the brain, but as Dean Radin quotes Alan Wallace here:

youtube.com...

"Despite centuries of modern philosophical and scientific research into the nature of mind, at present there is no technology that can detect the presence or absence of any kind of consciousness. Strictly speaking, at present there is no scientific evidence even for the existence of consciousness. All the direct evidence we have consists of non-scientific, first person accounts of being conscious."

With that said, I think we should keep an open mind as to what consciousness really is.

[edit on 2-12-2007 by GeeGee]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeeGee

Intersting. However, is that link not working for anyone else? I clicked it and it froze my browser.

Anyway, Michio Kaku is another great physicist who believes we're all connected. Problem with this theory is it is very controversial, it will take a very long time for it to become mainstream friendly. Most scientists right now believe consciousness is created in the brain, but as Dean Radin quotes Alan Wallace here:

youtube.com...

"Despite centuries of modern philosophical and scientific research into the nature of mind, at present there is no technology that can detect the presence or absence of any kind of consciousness. Strictly speaking, at present there is no scientific evidence even for the existence of consciousness. All the direct evidence we have consists of non-scientific, first person accounts of being conscious."

With that said, I think we should keep an open mind as to what consciousness really is.

Do you have Adobe reader? Its a PDF article.

Michio Kaku is another of my favorite authors.

Thats true many phenomena involving the mind or consciousness can't really be verified or denied. How about dreams, nightmares, ideas, inspiration, thought, intuition, deja vu, and empathy? Science is completely dependent on the subject for information. We can speculate and ponder why and how with potential factors, but we have no concrete evidence to prove dreams even happen.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Do you have Adobe reader? Its a PDF article.

Michio Kaku is another of my favorite authors.

Thats true many phenomena involving the mind or consciousness can't really be verified or denied. How about dreams, nightmares, ideas, inspiration, thought, intuition, deja vu, and empathy? Science is completely dependent on the subject for information. We can speculate and ponder why and how with potential factors, but we have no concrete evidence to prove dreams even happen.

Yes I do, I clicked it and it froze my browser.

And definitely. There is no reason for us to be dogmatic in our beliefs concerning consciousness, dreams, etc. All we really have on these things are speculation and first hand accounts. I'm glad some scientists today are looking towards the possibility that consciousness may be much more than just a result of brain activity, and psychic phenomena may be just a part of nature.

And since you mentioned you've read Kaku's books, which one do you recommend for a first timer?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GeeGee

My first book by Michio Kaku was Hyperspace. I would recommend Parallel Worlds though. Its from 2006 and covers some quite interesting theories including the good possiblity that multiple universes exist parallel to our own.

[edit on 3/12/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
is this why i can "sense" people when they look at me? or when i look at someone and think about them they turn? i tried to explain this to some people that i know but they think im crazy.

i dont know/think that im right but how possible would it be if the collective conciousness was a dimension?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
www.pitts.emory.edu...

It's very Biblical because Jesus was and is like a quantum being because he met him self in heaven aswell and basically can be anywhere at the same time so Biblically it sounds correct.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by drflux
is this why i can "sense" people when they look at me? or when i look at someone and think about them they turn? i tried to explain this to some people that i know but they think im crazy.

I take it you are not familiar with Rupert Sheldrake's research?
Google him up - you'll see... ; )

P.S. If the people around really think you are "crazy" because you can feel when somebody is looking at you, I'd suggest you change the company you keep... ASAP. : )

Really.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by drflux

i dont know/think that im right but how possible would it be if the collective conciousness was a dimension?

Not only when they look at you but studies by Dean Radin, who has researched this field for years, shows the human body begins reacting to stimuli 3 seconds before it occurs.

I dont think I would identify the source as another dimension, but sensorium seems to occur across Space and Time most likely through Quantum Entanglement.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

I take it you are not familiar with Rupert Sheldrake's research?
Google him up - you'll see... ; )

Sheldrake's work has shown that that our Genes are only one part of a much grander picture just like the researchers dealing with Holographic and Quantum mind theories have shown the consciousness is very likely to be trans temporal and not simply a product of our Brain. If only someone could get all of these guys to work together on a project: Penrose, Pribram, Sheldrake, Radin, Hameroff, Vallee, Baars, Goswami, and Stapp. Who knows what they would discover?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Take one monkey away from his tribe,,,,teach him how to do something none of the others know how to do,,,take the monkey back to his tribe, and you will notice that all the other monkeys know how to do what the oen was tought without him interacting with them.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join