It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge a book (or a member) by its cover

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I guess i'm the only one who can say they don't hold any judgements based on avatar pictures.

It's all just a bunch of symbols to me.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
But its also fun to judge and create artificial labels.

When talking to Karlhungis for example, Id much rather envision myself talking to the urban shaman himself than some obese and jaded bore.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Ah, it is kind of a free-for-all now, so if you have any image of anyone that has posted, just post it so we can have a look.

Thanks for contributing.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I think that if you like a movie like no country for old man, you must be an evil person in nature, You do not believe in god and perceive the world as being evil. You like to be rude to people and pass off as nice, but your nature is to be dark, and untrustworthy. You also believe in hell and deny the bible. I see that you are in alot of pain Karl.

As for me, no one can really tell how i really am in real life.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
spacevisitor,

in the beginning I perceived you as a head-in-the-clouds youngster, very curious and smart.

Today I envision you as a long, skinny intelligent 50-ish Dutchman with a huge library behind your Computer.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Wow, and then there is that side of the coin. I assumed that this thread couldn't be all sunshine and rainbows forever.

I am curious how many others have such a negative view of me.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Wow, and then there is that side of the coin. I assumed that this thread couldn't be all sunshine and rainbows forever.

Well thank you, Karl. But you know it's true. So what do you think you can tell about me from my Avatar? this one not the ones before.

link   

Oftentimes, what we see others as online, is a reflection of ourselves.

link   

*!

Be good kosmic, be good....

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Like I said, this isn't only restricted to the avatar. People form their opinions off of your / or my entire body of work. So, my opinion on you was formed long before your Indiana Jones avatar.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Oftentimes, what we see others as online, is a reflection of ourselves.

Not really Sky, when I first met you I know you were very spiritual and a nice person in real life. I could also tell that you cared for people and the earth. You probably recycle and are clean around the home. I percieve you as a solid aura of color blue and green. I also see family in your life and a passion for nature. And I think you are a great person to talk too in person and could be a leader during a meeting. And your favorite color is blue? let me know how this looks to you.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This is a fun thread.

Most of the members who have posted here are ones who I am fairly familiar with here at ATS, and the preconceived notions of them were ones that I would have shared as well.

As far as JediMillers request goes....I can't make a notion of you based solely on your avatar. This is partly because deep down I know you are hunched in a corner somewhere salivating over a picture of Hillary Clinton trying to make a hot dog disappear somewhere.

Seriously though, I do like the avatar.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Like I said, this isn't only restricted to the avatar. People form their opinions off of your / or my entire body of work. So, my opinion on you was formed long before your Indiana Jones avatar.

Well, someone said my gangster avatar made me look like a punk so I decided to change it into something more cultural. I know you hate the way I look and have always hated my avatars for being black and white and to the point. I don't think it's a good idea anymore to put your real face on the avatar anymore. Because of users like you who have said evilish things, I was scared for my life so changed it. So I see how my avatar formed a life in your mind.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Nice thread

Personally, I don't really try to figure out who each poster is, though I do see personalities coming from the posts, although it is just words on a screen, it is amazing how over time you can get to know someone and get a hint of how they are feeling from day to day, what issues or topics they have passion for and the types of posts that hit them the wrong way.

Interesting read this thread, thanks for posting

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

So I have thought about it. And with all sincerity, Jedi, I can say that your avatar and posts incline me to think that you are special.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Karlhungis I have the same impression as others, I do feel you are wise and a force to be reckoned with.

Skyfloating I imagine you are a super smart surfer dude!!

Kosmicjack I see you are very anti establishment and again what you all three have in common is wisdom, and a clarity in what you perceive in this world, these are rare things.

Good thread

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
So I have thought about it. And with all sincerity, Jedi, I can say that your avatar and posts incline me to think that you are special.

I hope i'm special in a good way? I mean I guess i'm the only man on earth who could send a hot dog up a landline and make it appear on the other side. And the only man on earth to go to the end of the universe and meet god. Oh yessss i'm special kid.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I also make judgments based on the avatar but it's just one piece of the puzzle. There's also the name and my memory of past posts (which may or may not be accurate
) Jedi, I have the impression you like movies, particularly Star Wars (ah... I'm so insightful!)... I also think you're young and a fairly outspoken, and maybe just a little bit over-confident, male. Not arrogant, but just this side of it.

While I have these judgments, I don't usually make moral judgments about people unless their opinions are really FAR out there. So I have the feeling of enjoying your posts and your personality, while not necessarily agreeing with your opinions on different subjects.

I think you might wear boots.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
OK, please no-one be offended - I am PURELY acting oninstinct based on your avatars (if they are photos of people I do not know I will assume that they ARE you):

Karlhungis
I would say you are a serious, analytical person; contrasted by interest in tin-foil hat topics. Male, unmarried (but has a child) and is aged close to 40. Probably living in North America. Not very religious despite upbringing. Probably owns a gun.

kosmicjack
European male, aged around 25. College education but does not use it in his work. Unmarried, but not abstinent either. Blond short hair and not too tall. Sporty.

Merigold
Another american, though possibly female. Understated, quiet, but artistically talented. Works in a job that uses these talents. Long dark straight hair and possibly a few black and white tattoos.

Skyfloating
A happy female idealist of age 30 to 40. Very spiritually inclined but not attached to any mainstream religion (except maybe buddhism). Vegetarian and a good cook. (don´t ask me where I´m getting this!) 2 or 3 children who never get in trouble.

Hmmmm...
I wonder if I got close on anything?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Blue is correct, obviously. Thanks for the kind words.

Your threads in BTS crack me up, btw.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Skyfloating]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join