It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Horiscopes/Zodiacs signs!

page: 3
1
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra
 


no.
the horroscope is in the financial section of the newspaper!

hahah




posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Im a Sagittarius, and although the attributes of this zodiac sign fits me quite well i also find that i should not be Sagittarius at all i should be Ophicus (13th zodiac sign).

According to many sources this sign has been omitted from our zodiac for quite some time due to the fact that it will interfere with the balance we currently have from the 12 signs, e.g each sign has roughly 30 days in it as does each month of the year and we have 12 months in the year thus balancing it all out nicely.

BUT, if you stick to the correct constellations etc and ignore this "balance" the Ophicus Zodiac sign runs from December 1st till December 18th making me one of the lost zodiacs.



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
reply to post by AdAstra
 


no.
the horroscope is in the financial section of the newspaper!

hahah
LMAO, and the obituary section.



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Horoscopes (Chinese and Western) do quite well at describing people, BUT there are multiple variables to them.

The chinese have the year, month, day and hour (an animal sign for each one). 12 primary combinations and the elements to contend with. 4500+ personality variations.

en.wikipedia.org...

The western one is more complex because you have the sidereal and tropical choice for working out the signs.

The sidereal is considered to be more accurate as it follows the actual path of the stars in correlation to the earth.
Whereas the tropical follows the stars in correlation to the sun (or some variation like that).
This boils down to one school of thought reckoning the other to be about a month out AND a thirteenth star sign is added (although it only has a week or so of influence).

Once this is done you have the 12 (or 13) sun signs which most people know about. These are usually what concerns the body type and 'look' of a person (along with paternal influences).
These are not reckoned to be to the be all and end all.
Moon signs and ascendant signs are reckoned to be just as important if not more. They are a lot more tricky to know and I think if you know a persons moon sign / ascendant you'll be in a position to know 'what makes them tick'.
So be careful who you tell your moon/ascendant sign to.

Moon sign is supposed to represent the person more the fuller the moon is and the ascendant is a persons inner-personality. Often this is what people will see as the person first and foremost and confuse is with a sun-sign.

Working out the moon and ascendant (or rising) signs is a lot harder but do-able if you know the earth co-ordinates AND the exact time, date and year of birth.

This is a good link a friend supplied to me:

www.fortunecity.com...

It uses the sidereal not the tropical chart.

If you can gather the information about someone you'll have a good picture. Trouble is you need to know the birth-hour and consult a chart to get the best picture possible.
Compounding this is the fact that there are the Tropical and Sidereal chart types!

For general characteristics though the horoscopes work well and I've often woven a good friends network by using the horoscope systems and get along with some signs more than others.

As far as destiny predictions I don't hold that much in the newspaper horoscopes. There are far too many variables and differences to pay only a scant attention to these. As a general groove they are ok but don't take them as gospel.



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm a total believer in astrology. All the personality descriptions seem to fit well. Chinese astrology works pretty well too, but since it goes by the year it's not as precise.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by MissInformation]



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I am a Gemini and mine fits me fairly well. I am not saying that it's 100% correct, but it's close. Gemini Nation, baby!!!



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I would guess that Gemini is strong in the charts of most of the members here. Information and communication. I have Jupiter in Gemini. (or a strong third house)

[edit on 15-7-2008 by seagrass]



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissInformation
I'm a total believer in astrology. All the personality descriptions seem to fit well. Chinese astrology works pretty well too, but since it goes by the year it's not as precise.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by MissInformation]
I like your siggy line, interesting combo there.



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
'Scorpio women', no offense, but is it true, that yall need sex, like a fish needs water? This is the word out one the streets. So if yall will verify on ATS, I guess that'll make it true


[edit on 15-7-2008 by Aquarius18Rising]



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius18Rising
'Scorpio women', no offense, but is it true, that yall need sex, like a fish needs water? This is the word out one the streets. So if yall will verify on ATS, I guess that'll make it true


[edit on 15-7-2008 by Aquarius18Rising]
You'd be lucky if you got them to have sex. Try a Taurus instead. They are more sensual.



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Besides astrological signs, does anyone feel that other things, such as a person's name pre-determines them to be a certain way?

I have seen a striking amount of coincidences in which people with particular names often had strikingly similar traits to one another... although I have nothing more solid to prove it, I would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Perhaps the vibration of energy which manifests itself as human brings into the minds of the human vessel's creators an influence; the same kind, perhaps, as the energetic influences felt by the locations of the stars and planets at birth...

When a so called soul descends to earth, does it pick a time and place, to align itself with energies which will cause its body to be predisposed to certain things, as a kind of "safety plan", while the soul re-develops within the body, for guidance?



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I think this place might be one of the only places where I've seen so many believers and not one voice of dissension. I was raised on astrology so I know it to be true. I like the poster who spoke of the spectrum of astrology because that is how it works. Kind of like the law of attraction. We have a natural tendency (like DNA) of attracting certain things to ourselves, but have the power to send out either positive action or negative action (kind of like an electron) towards those potentials.

That's why prediction is difficult. You can't predict when there is free will, but you can see overall, overreaching patterns to one's life.

That being said, if anybody wants any free astrological advice, check out.... Ask Astrolo-G

:-D
-Astrolo-G



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora

Originally posted by LateApexer313
Aries here
And a Dragon also on the Chinese version as well
Go ARIES power


I paint, but I have to be in the mood, and I paint fast. I take an indelible marker, and draw directly onto the canvas and paint in bold primary colors, with of course, lots of red, my favorite color
A cross between Matisse style with some Picasso thrown in. I hate watercolors.

Anyway, I have 5 of my planets in Aries, and I think I fit the Aries description to a "T". I walk, talk and drive fast, think fast, shoot off my mouth fast and will do anything on a dare, well almost anything




lol- Aries dragons unite!

You said, "I walk, talk and drive fast, think fast, shoot off my mouth fast and will do anything on a dare, well almost anything." and now I am convinced we were seperated at birth!



Aries here as well...maybe triplets?


Seriously, I consider myself well balanced, if not maybe a bit boisterous( so I've been told, so I guess that confirms it). I would not say I was afflicted with artistic abilities, but I do play the guitar decently, and I am always singing...whether I should or not. I again don't appear to be artistic, but musical. I could see how that could still be an outlet for the abundant energy that I carry, but more in an internal way vs. expressive way.

To the OP question...are we given a pre-determined disposition. I don't believe so, but there are traits that are somewhat inherent to particular signs as designated by the zodiac. That is, given my experiences, and my limited knowledge of the zodiac.

Take what you will, give what you can, and smile the whole time.



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mdagwd

Besides astrological signs, does anyone feel that other things, such as a person's name pre-determines them to be a certain way?

I have seen a striking amount of coincidences in which people with particular names often had strikingly similar traits to one another... although I have nothing more solid to prove it, I would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Perhaps the vibration of energy which manifests itself as human brings into the minds of the human vessel's creators an influence; the same kind, perhaps, as the energetic influences felt by the locations of the stars and planets at birth...

When a so called soul descends to earth, does it pick a time and place, to align itself with energies which will cause its body to be predisposed to certain things, as a kind of "safety plan", while the soul re-develops within the body, for guidance?
I would be interested to see if someone changed their name to numbers that they 'desired' and see if that changed anything. I have looked into numerology and find some truths, but I always went back to Astrology.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by seagrass]



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddymax

Originally posted by Alora

Originally posted by LateApexer313
Aries here
And a Dragon also on the Chinese version as well
Go ARIES power


I paint, but I have to be in the mood, and I paint fast. I take an indelible marker, and draw directly onto the canvas and paint in bold primary colors, with of course, lots of red, my favorite color
A cross between Matisse style with some Picasso thrown in. I hate watercolors.

Anyway, I have 5 of my planets in Aries, and I think I fit the Aries description to a "T". I walk, talk and drive fast, think fast, shoot off my mouth fast and will do anything on a dare, well almost anything


art is the product of creativity. There are endless forms of creativity. Music is certainly one of them. The art of..... fill in the blank. Just as there are many forms of intelligence.

lol- Aries dragons unite!

You said, "I walk, talk and drive fast, think fast, shoot off my mouth fast and will do anything on a dare, well almost anything." and now I am convinced we were seperated at birth!



Aries here as well...maybe triplets?


Seriously, I consider myself well balanced, if not maybe a bit boisterous( so I've been told, so I guess that confirms it). I would not say I was afflicted with artistic abilities, but I do play the guitar decently, and I am always singing...whether I should or not. I again don't appear to be artistic, but musical. I could see how that could still be an outlet for the abundant energy that I carry, but more in an internal way vs. expressive way.

To the OP question...are we given a pre-determined disposition. I don't believe so, but there are traits that are somewhat inherent to particular signs as designated by the zodiac. That is, given my experiences, and my limited knowledge of the zodiac.

Take what you will, give what you can, and smile the whole time.
woops. Art is the product.... is my statement in that interior quote.. I don't know how to copy and paste on this Apple computer yet. Isn't that sad. I am learning it all by myself.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by seagrass]



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius18Rising
 


I've found that as a Cancer, most of the traits definitley describe me perfectly! it's uncanny, actually. Most people I know are also described perfectly by their sign. I love it. My daily horoscopes are generally pretty spot on as well... A few months ago, the aftershock of an earthquake was felt here in Cincinnati... which is just crazy.. and my horoscope said my day would be filled with rumbling. made me chuckle. However, I was born on June 23rd,at 7:22 a.m. which makes me right on the cusp of a gemini. I've noticed that some gemini traits fit me better- cancer's are always described as shy and introverted, which is just not me at all, lol.

Does anyone know anything about the cusps, if that has any relevance?

(edited bc i put the wrong birthdate. lol. dumb of me.)

one more question... i am always trying to find people around me interested in such things.. i want to talk to psychics, palm readers, astrologers, and such... but i don't know how to find them or if they are valid. any suggestions?

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Seekingmyself]



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Think about this logically.

First, if there was a correlation it makes more sense that it would be tied to your moment of conception rather than the moment of birth. Most of your "programmable traits" should have been set in you way before you're actually born.

Last, with everything in motion throughout the universe, it seems quite likely that the planets and stars are never in the same alignment more than once.

When much younger, I used to read the horoscopes on a daily basis. Until, that is, I realized that I'd go about the day waiting for things to happen that never did.

Have fun, but a Ouija Board seems way more interesting.



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

Originally posted by Aquarius18Rising
'Scorpio women', no offense, but is it true, that yall need sex, like a fish needs water? This is the word out one the streets. So if yall will verify on ATS, I guess that'll make it true


[edit on 15-7-2008 by Aquarius18Rising]
You'd be lucky if you got them to have sex. Try a Taurus instead. They are more sensual.


No. I have an Aquarius personality with looks of an Aries, you know the small pointy or button nose and the oblong face. So Scorpio women are easy for me, as well as every other zodiac sign because all tend to like the same thing. I just wanted to know if the myth is true about Scorpio women. I would say yes, but that's just for me.



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius18Rising
 


that's interesting... I have never really heard anything about appearance correlating to signs. I've read certain signs are ruled by different body parts... (ie cancer is ruled by the breats and stomach) But I haven't read anything about what you mentioned. Can you elaborate for me?



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Think about this logically.

First, if there was a correlation it makes more sense that it would be tied to your moment of conception rather than the moment of birth. Most of your "programmable traits" should have been set in you way before you're actually born.

Last, with everything in motion throughout the universe, it seems quite likely that the planets and stars are never in the same alignment more than once.

When much younger, I used to read the horoscopes on a daily basis. Until, that is, I realized that I'd go about the day waiting for things to happen that never did.

Have fun, but a Ouija Board seems way more interesting.


I don't think it's the moment of birth that determines your personality, I think it's the energies that created you while you were in the womb. Like me I was born on Feb. 12 which makes me Aquarius, but I was supposed to be born on feb 22, which means that I'm really a picses. And I am a picses to be honest...so that's my theory.




top topics



 
1
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join