It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horiscopes/Zodiacs signs!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I had a BTS thread running a few years back that was asking how many ATS members were Aquarius, and it was astounding how many of us are here.
Aquarians love good conspiracy theory.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...
LINK to: Aquarius Anyone??

[edit on 15-7-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekingmyself
reply to post by Aquarius18Rising

that's interesting... I have never really heard anything about appearance correlating to signs. I've read certain signs are ruled by different body parts... (ie cancer is ruled by the breats and stomach) But I haven't read anything about what you mentioned. Can you elaborate for me?

Wikipedia says so, and I agree. You can tell someones personality by their apperance, somewhat.... Like Aries usually have small or pointy noses, and steady intense eyes.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gtuf1
I think this place might be one of the only places where I've seen so many believers and not one voice of dissension.

Well, if you insist

I find that I match some attributes of all astrological signs. I suspect most other people do as well if you look more closely
The whole point of astrology is that everything is worded in such a way that it seems to apply specifically to you .... All a very clever con.

(btw based on my scepticism and cynicism, can anyone guess my star sign?)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I can say with much certainty that I am nearly the epitome of the Gemini description; both negative and positive attributes. It's almost scary.

Characteristics considered positive
Active, Adaptable, Articulate, Communicative, Inquisitive, Intellectual, Charming, Multitasking, Nimble, Entertaining, Upbeat, Whimsical, Witty, Straight-forward, Social, Talkative, Open-minded, Experimental, Joyful, Enthusiastic, Attention-loving, Energetic, Playful, Out-going, Adventurous, Broad-minded, Mind oriented, Spontaneous, Verbal, Risk-taking, Friendly, Dynamic, Youthful, Clever, Imaginative

Characteristics considered negative
dualistic, self-interested, restless, impulsive, over-talkative, over-stimulated, fickle / inconsistent, vain, critical, too playful, playing of mind, games, boastful, ego-oriented, devious, tricky, too curious, superficial, temperamental, insensitive, mercurial, indecisive

I love reading my weekly horoscope. I go to Free Will Astrology for mine. Anyone else know any good horoscope sites?

Characteristics from Wikipedia

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

I took your advice and went to astro.com. My free chart results are:

Sun in Aries, Moon in Capricorn • Ascendant in Sagittarius, Jupiter in the Fourth House • Moon in the First House • Venus in the Second House • Sun in the Third House • Mars Opposition Ascendant • Saturn in the Seventh House

Very interesting, I think. And from what I have read this far, it is still very accurate.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
My chart fits me perfectly. But it is merely a potential. I have experienced the negatives and positives of the energy of the planets in my houses in it's full spectrums. It fit me when I was 12 and it fits me now, but I am nothing like I was then. I have changed the attitudes within my chart to more positive in some regards, and more negative in others. the decriptions of signs and planets energies are potentials and nothing more. We choose how we express those potentials and to which degree. But the basic personality, imo, is somewhat fixed by the moment you were born.

I think this was really well put and I agree. Your horoscope chart is a description of your potential, nothing more nothing less.

As for sun signs and personality I've noticed that a person is more likely to express the more positive traits of a sun sign when his or her sun is well aspected in the birthchart. But it really doesn't say as much as the geometrical patterns in the birth chart.

For example, an Aries with the sun in a grand trine with say Mars and Mercury could be a very good public speaker, or have a very quick mind, or have a very loud voice, or be gifted with his hands. Or all of this. Now, with a traditional interpretation someone might say that this sounds more like a Gemini but I believe the symbolisms of the planets say more than what sign the planets happen to be in.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Cool Seagrass, I went to Astro to see about the cusp...

"...Your sun sign is Aries. This is the sign in which the Sun is in your birth chart. Your Ascendant is in Taurus, and your Moon is in Gemini.

In case you are wondering why you are addressed as Aries in this report: If you had been born 39 minutes earlier, you would be the preceding sign Pisces. The exact hour at which the sun moves from one sign into the next is different every year..."

39 minutes! LOL

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Like Aries usually have small or pointy noses, and steady intense eyes.

I have to heartily disagree with this generalization...I am an Aries, and do not fit that description at all. I am 6'8", 360 lbs., very German looking(as I am of German descent), LARGE frame(former college football player), Blue eyes, brown hair(a little gray now), and a penchant for attracting women from all over the Zodiac. I did marry a Cancer, however.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddymax

Like Aries usually have small or pointy noses, and steady intense eyes.

I have to heartily disagree with this generalization...I am an Aries, and do not fit that description at all. I am 6'8", 360 lbs., very German looking(as I am of German descent), LARGE frame(former college football player), Blue eyes, brown hair(a little gray now), and a penchant for attracting women from all over the Zodiac. I did marry a Cancer, however.

My fault. Those are taurus features. However wikipedia says that Aries have a high-bridged and straight nose, and wiki would never lie to us, would they?

BTW! heres the link to wiki astrology: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius18Rising

My fault. Those are taurus features. However wikipedia says that Aries have a high-bridged and straight nose, and wiki would never lie to us, would they?

Not I
Small button nose, low bridge. But it wouldn't be the first time I was accused of being an oddity.

All in good fun...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora

Originally posted by Aquarius18Rising

Not I
Small button nose, low bridge. But it wouldn't be the first time I was accused of being an oddity.

All in good fun...

Yeah, that's what I thought. Like I said Aries is right next to Taurus so you can have either or. That's why I have Taurus features.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Aquarius18Rising]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Western Sign Element Dates Indian Sign Element Chinese Sign Trine
Aries Fire March 21 - April 19 Mesha Tejas (fire) Dragon (5) 1st

What does this mean?...Also I went to astro.com. I am completely lost:..

www.astro.com...

Help a brother out...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by gtuf1
I think this place might be one of the only places where I've seen so many believers and not one voice of dissension.

Well, if you insist

I find that I match some attributes of all astrological signs. I suspect most other people do as well if you look more closely
The whole point of astrology is that everything is worded in such a way that it seems to apply specifically to you .... All a very clever con.

(btw based on my scepticism and cynicism, can anyone guess my star sign?)
skepticism and a retired government agent? Scorpio would be my best guess.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Sun in Aries, Moon in Capricorn • Ascendant in Sagittarius, Jupiter in the Fourth House • Moon in the First House • Venus in the Second House • Sun in the Third House • Mars Opposition Ascendant • Saturn in the Seventh House

Very interesting, I think. And from what I have read this far, it is still very accurate.
congratulations, except for the Cap Moon. Which I also have. The Moon in Capricorn is in it's detriment. ( the worst place for that energy)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reconnection

My chart fits me perfectly. But it is merely a potential. I have experienced the negatives and positives of the energy of the planets in my houses in it's full spectrums. It fit me when I was 12 and it fits me now, but I am nothing like I was then. I have changed the attitudes within my chart to more positive in some regards, and more negative in others. the decriptions of signs and planets energies are potentials and nothing more. We choose how we express those potentials and to which degree. But the basic personality, imo, is somewhat fixed by the moment you were born.

I think this was really well put and I agree. Your horoscope chart is a description of your potential, nothing more nothing less.

As for sun signs and personality I've noticed that a person is more likely to express the more positive traits of a sun sign when his or her sun is well aspected in the birthchart. But it really doesn't say as much as the geometrical patterns in the birth chart.

For example, an Aries with the sun in a grand trine with say Mars and Mercury could be a very good public speaker, or have a very quick mind, or have a very loud voice, or be gifted with his hands. Or all of this. Now, with a traditional interpretation someone might say that this sounds more like a Gemini but I believe the symbolisms of the planets say more than what sign the planets happen to be in.
The relationships between plants are called Aspects. The degree in which they are in relationship can vary in positive and negative ways, such as a conjunct, opposition, square, trine and other less significant ones. Conjuncts are like a mixture of two energies, a square creates a conflict of energies. Etc.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

congratulations, except for the Cap Moon. Which I also have. The Moon in Capricorn is in it's detriment. ( the worst place for that energy)

lol- yeah, the descriptions for that are not very flattering. But this isn't the first time the fact that I'm not perfect has been revealed (darn it).

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I said the relationship between plants. lol. i meant planets. IMO people tend to look more like their Rising sign than their Sun. But genetics play a stronger role in our appearance than the descriptions provided in later Astrological works.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

lol- yeah, the descriptions for that are not very flattering. But this isn't the first time the fact that I'm not perfect has been revealed (darn it).
We make up for it with our dry sense of humor, especially when we are tired of being so serious all the time. We do feel, you just can't always tell, and we try to keep it that way.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddymax
Western Sign Element Dates Indian Sign Element Chinese Sign Trine
Aries Fire March 21 - April 19 Mesha Tejas (fire) Dragon (5) 1st

What does this mean?...Also I went to astro.com. I am completely lost:..

www.astro.com...

Help a brother out...

It means that's your sign in Indian, Western and chinesse. Does that help you brother?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

We make up for it with our dry sense of humor, especially when we are tired of being so serious all the time. We do feel, you just can't always tell, and we try to keep it that way.

I'm afraid that is where I differ. My face reveals my emotions far better than I would like, and I'm an emotional ol' sod, lol. I do wish I could hide my emotions better, especially since I can calm myself down fairly quickly, but it is always too late. My face has betrayed me. *dramatic sigh*

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join